|Japanese name:|| 宮野 厚司 |
|Relatives:|| Akemi Miyano (first daughter, deceased) |
Shiho Miyano (second daughter)
Elena Miyano (wife, deceased)
Mr. Miyano (father, deceased)
Mrs. Miyano (mother, deceased)
|Occupation:|| Black Organization member |
|Nicknames:||Mad Scientist (V38-2)|
|First appearance:|| Manga: File 1011 |
Anime: Episode 340
|Appearances:|| Chapters: 1|
Atsushi Miyano (宮野 厚司 Miyano Atsushi) was a biochemist in the Black Organization and apparently Shiho Miyano and Akemi Miyano's father. Atsushi Miyano and Elena Miyano started or continued on the APTX 4869 research according to Vermouth. One or both of them worked on the project before Shiho took over. Both Elena and Atsushi died for some reason which Pisco called an accident while Shiho was young.
Atsushi was a “mad scientist” who was unpopular in the scientific community because his work and theories were not mainstream. Agasa was a distant acquaintance of Atsushi and had met him and his wife at conferences. Atsushi complimented Agasa on his inventions. Atsushi Miyano's true appearance was unknown as he hadn't appeared in the manga until file 1011 in a flashback. He was shown in shadow in the anime.
Atsushi Miyano moved out of his father's house thirty years ago to go somewhere for his research; he had found someone to sponsor his theory, and was moving to join a large research facility. Conan and Haibara think this is the Black Organization. He got married in this time period to Elena and then visited his father's house then occupied by his childhood friend and playmate Souhei Degima later with Elena when Akemi was 4-5 years old. It was said that he seemed to have something important to discuss with his friend. The visit occurred 20 years prior to the current timeline.
Contrary to the personality generally associated with the phrase "mad scientist", Agasa describes Atsushi as having been "a very polite man" and that he doesn't think Atsushi was suspicious.
 Plot overview
 Name origin
The name Atsushi comes from an animator Atsushi Aono.
 See also
- ^ In file 1011, published by Shonen Sunday, he was wrongly 32-year-old, but it is corrected in volume 95. Sohei Dejima, his childhood friend, was 54-year-old, then it was a flashback from 19 years ago.
- ^ Manga chapter 424
- ^ Episode 345: "If you [Shiho] want to blame someone, blame your parents who took over this foolish research."
- ^ Volume 38, File 2, Page 7: "The Unexpected Treasure"; Episode 312: "Festival Dolls Dyed in the Setting Sun"
- ^ a b Volume 39, File 6, Page 6: "Torn Friendship 1"; Episode 329: "A Friendship That Can't Be Bought"
- ^ Manga Volume 41, File 10 (423)
- ^ Volume 41, File 423, Page 11; Episode 340: "Hidden Bathroom Secret"
- ^ Manga Volume 42, File 1 (425), pg 12: "The Hidden Truth"
- ^ Manga Volume 78, File 7 (824), Page 5: "Mystery Train: Final Destination"
|Developers||Atsushi Miyano • Elena Miyano • Shiho Miyano|
|Victims||Shinichi Kudo • Kohji Haneda • Amanda Hughes|
|Possible Victim||Mary Sera|
|Antidotes||Prototype antidote • Baijiu|
|Related Articles||Silver Bullet • Victim list • Case from 17 years ago • Black Organization|