|This article contains significant spoilers about secret identities and character allegiances. It is likely you will be spoiled if you have not read all the manga released to date. To find out what pages will be safe for you to read, please consult our wiki spoiler policy.|
Twenty-five years ago, the Karasuma Group offered to sponsor the Miyano's research, and hire Atsushi and Elena Miyano as researchers of the company. At first, Atsushi was reluctant to accept their offer, considering the strange rumors surrounding the organization about being as shady group. However, six years later, he had a change of mind agreed to consider the offer after Elena announced that she was pregnant with Shiho Miyano.
Not much is known about the activities utilized by the Karasuma Group, aside from sponsoring the Miyano's research to further their interests. As the conglomerate itself is rumored to be shady, the Karasuma Group is presumed to operate illegal activities similar to the Black Organization.
- Renya Karasuma: founder and CEO.
- Atsushi Miyano: former research member.
- Elena Miyano: former research member.
- The Karasuma Group is the richest conglomerate in the Detective Conan universe, ahead of the Suzuki Financial Group in Tokyo and Ooka family in Kyoto.
- In movie 7, it's indirectly compared with the Genji clan in the book Gikeiki.