|Japanese name:|| 赤木 英雄 |
|English name:||Harrison Acres|
|Relatives:||Mamoru Akagi (younger brother)|
|First appearance:|| Manga: File 68 |
Anime: Episode 10
|Appearances:|| Chapters: 14|
|Keyhole number:||Volume 69|
|Japanese voice:||Koji Tsujitani|
|English voice:||Robert McCollum|
Hideo Akagi (赤木 英雄 Akagi Hideo), also known by his nickname Hide (ヒデ Hide), is a soccer player in the manga and anime franchise Detective Conan.
Hideo Akagi plays for the soccer team Tokyo Spirits. He has a younger brother named Mamoru. His parents died two years prior to the current timeline.
 Plot overview
Hideo Akagi first appears in chapter 68 of the manga and episode 10 of the anime. His younger brother is kidnapped, and the kidnapper threatened to kill him if he won the match that he was playing. Due to that, Hideo messed up in the game on purpose. Distressed, his brother's sitter goes to the Mouri Detective Agency for help from Shinichi Kudo. Via the phone, Conan Edogawa is able to figure out who the kidnapper was (it was Naoki Uemura, Hideo's rival). Mamoru is found, and Hideo is informed about it. He then goes on to win the soccer match.
Hideo made another appearance in episode 279.
 Different looks
- Hideo is frequently called "Hide" by his fans. Gosho Aoyama shows this distinction between his name and nickname by writing the kanji "英雄" with the furigana reading of "ひでお" (Hideo) when an announcer calls his name during the soccer match in Volume 7 but subsequently has other characters call him "ヒデ" (Hide) using katakana.
- Plays for the Tokyo Spirits and wears the jersey number "11".
 See also
- ^ http://www.conan-movie.jp/index.html
- ^ a b Volume 7, File 68 "Shinichi's Sweetheart!!", page 2: "ヒデのいる東京スピリッツだよ！" ("Hide of the Tokyo Spirits!")
- ^ Volume 7, File 69 "Detective Ran?", page 5: "赤木英雄１９歳若さが出たカー！？" ("Hideo Akagi is just 19 years old. Is his youth showing here!?")