The Spirit Detective's Murder
|Episode 863-864 |
(Int. Episode 918-919)
|Title:||The Spirit Detective's Murder|
|Japanese title:||霊魂探偵殺害事件 |
(Reikon Tantei Satsugai Jiken)
|Original airdate:||June 17, 2017 (Part 1) |
June 24, 2017 (Part 2)
|Broadcast rating:||5.7% |
|Manga source:||Volume 90: Files 3-5 (951-953)|
|Cast:||Conan Edogawa |
|Case solved by:||Kogoro Mouri (via Mary)|
|Next Conan's Hint:||Wine glass (Part 1) |
Salt (Part 2)
|Episode director:||863: Takanori Yano, |
864: Minoru Tozawa
|Animation director:||Masatomo Sudo and Seiji Muta (Supervisors) |
863: Akio Kawamura
864: Keiko Sasaki
|Character Design:||Kumiko Shishido (design works)|
|Opening song:||Ikusen no Meikyū de Ikusen no Nazo o Toite|
|Closing song:||YESTERDAY LOVE|
|Prev episode:||« Just Like a 17 Years Old Crime Scene|
|Next episode:||The Foul-Mouthed Myna Bird »|
|List of episodes|
Conan thinks about Kohji Haneda's murder case. The website with the information has been taken down and hasn't been re-uploaded yet. But Kogoro get a call from the TV-station giving him an offer to appear in a show with Gaito Hotta, a known 'spirit-detective', who claims that he is going to call Kōji Haneda's spirit and have him reveal the truth of the murder. Conan suspects that Hotta might have dig up some information on the murder and tags along with Kogorō to meet him. In the taxi Kogoro and Conan discuss Hotta. Gaito Hotta is a TV-personality, who claims to solve mysteries by contacting the souls of dead people. Kogoro explain that Hotta is a fraud who had been exposed once during a case about a missing climber. A body had been found, but it was a completely different person. And it has been proved that Hotta had paid people to testify false witness statements and had done some investigation beforehand. Now he is probably trying to do a comeback. Conan guess that Hotta has chosen the Haneda murder, because it was so long ago, but Conan decides to see if Hotta has some information that can help him in figuring out Rum's identity.
Manga to anime changes
- The manga begins when Conan passes by the Poirot, whereas the anime begins by showing Conan walking down a street, and one minute after, passing by the Poirot.
- When Kogoro is on the phone being tricked into appearing in a TV show with "Soul Detective" Hotta Gaito, the person on the phone tells him he'll star in a show with Yoko Okino. In the anime, a visual with Kogoro and Yoko Okino in disguise and a banner with "Solve the cold case!!" written on it are shown. This was not in the manga.
- The scene where Conan thinks: "I see, that's how it is!" is longer in the anime, because flashbacks of episode 862 are shown.
- The name Gaito Hotta (katakana: ホッタ ガイト) comes from "poltergeist" (ポルターガイスト).
- The name Sanpei Kokuri comes from "Kokkuri-san" (table-turning).
- Gin and Vodka are shown to enter a black Porsche with a license plate "48-69" but seconds later the car's licence plate is "43-68".
In other languages
|Episodes of Season 27|
|857 • 858 • 859 • 860 • 861 • 862 • 863 • 864 • 865 • 866 • 867 • 868 • 869 • 870 • 871 • 872 • 873 • 874 • 875 • 876 • 877 • 878 • 879 • 880 • 881 • 882 • 883 • 884 • 885 • 886 • 887 • 888 • 889 • 890 • 891 • 892 • 893 • 894 • 895 • 896 • 897|