|This article contains significant spoilers about major events concerning this person. It is likely you will be spoiled if you have not read all the manga released to date. To find out what pages will be safe for you to read, please consult our wiki spoiler policy.|
Crow (カラス karasu, also written as 鴉 or 烏) is a specie of ravenous birds of the genus Corvus. They are a main feature in the manga and anime franchise Detective Conan, as they represent darkness and the Black Organization, and Magic Kaito.
The Japanese believe black crows carry souls to the beyond. They also think the action of the city crows is the true manifestation of evil, because they are annoyed that dreadful crows are always invading their privacy by searching their food, or wire and hangers to make their nests, through other people's garbage.
In Detective Conan
- Renya Karasuma, the head of the Black Organization, has the kanji for crow in his surname and is shaped like a crow, also having one as a pet. He also uses Nanatsu no Ko, a song about crows, to encode his phone number.
- At numerous occasions, when the characters witness the organization or some unrelated cases, evil looking crows fly above them or are near them.
- Two anime original cases focus mainly on city crows, which indirectly represent Renya Karasuma's subordinates: The Disappearing Weapon Search Case and The City Crows.
- Corvin Castle, a Romanian castle from Transylvania, derivates from the word Corvus and has been shown in a painting two times in the series: in the culprit's apartment from The Fourteenth Target and in the Sunset Manor's piano room from The Gathering of the Detectives. Open spoiler box to see images.
- Matsumoto Castle, the famous Japanese black place, is known as "Crow Castle" and a crow stands for it in Solitary Island of the Princess and the Dragon King's Palace. Open spoiler box to see images.
- A Tengu is also "Crow billed Tengu" and is the main hint in The Scarlet School Trip. In a riddle from Crossroad in the Ancient Capital, like this creepy bird, it represents Karasuma Avenue in Kyoto. Open spoiler box to see images.
- Kogoro shuts up crows, because they're perching on the third-floor railing again, while he watched Yoko Okino's TV program who sings like a bird.
In Magic Kaito
- Akako Koizumi often has crows for her witch's spells.
- The chest emblem of Samurai Blue is Yatagarasu, the mythical raven, and in Greek mythology, a crow served the sun god, Apollo.