The Kuroba Residence is a single-family house inhabited by Kaito Kuroba and his mother Chikage Kuroba at times, located in the Toshima Ward of Tokyo, probably in or somewhere close to Ikebukuro. It also contains the base of operations of Kaitou Kid in the form of a secret room behind a painting. It's in the catchment area of Ekoda High School, a fictional building somewhere in the Ekoda Area of Tokyo.
- 1 Rooms of interest
- 2 Plot overview
- 2.1 Magic Kaito plot overview
- 2.1.1 The Revived Phantom Thief (Manga: 1, MKS: 1, MK1412: 1)
- 2.1.2 Japan's Most Irresponsible Prime Minister (Manga: 8)
- 2.1.3 The Boy Who Bet on the Ball (Manga: 11)
- 2.1.4 Blue Birthday (Manga: 19, MKS: 5, MK1412: 2)
- 2.1.5 The Phantom Lady (Manga: 30, MK1412: 9-10)
- 2.1.6 Midnight Crow Part 2 (Manga: 32, MK1412: 23-24)
- 2.1.7 Sun Halo Part 3 (Manga: 36)
- 2.2 Non-canon Magic Kaito plot overview
- 2.2.1 Magic Kaito: Kid the Phantom Thief (TV Specials)
- 2.2.2 Magic Kaito 1412
- 126.96.36.199 WHITE of CRIME (MK1412 ED: 1)
- 188.8.131.52 A Temptation in Scarlet (MK1412: 5)
- 184.108.40.206 Kaito Kuroba's Busy Holiday (MK1412: 7)
- 220.127.116.11 The Adult's Charm (MK1412: 8)
- 18.104.22.168 The Phantom Lady and Ryoma's Treasure (MK1412: 10)
- 22.214.171.124 Kid Vs Conan, Miraculous Midair Walk (MK1412: 16)
- 126.96.36.199 Kid vs Conan: Teleportation Under the Moonlight (MK1412: 21)
- 2.1 Magic Kaito plot overview
- 3 Trivia
- 4 See also
- 5 References
Rooms of interest
Kaitou Kid's secret room
This room is hidden behind a portrait of Toichi Kuroba in the living room on the second floor.
Kaito Kuroba's room
Aoko Nakamori meets with Chikage Kuroba in here to ask her about her son Kaito Kuroba's biggest weakness, which she tells her: Fish. Kaito's also having a discussion with his mother during Midnight Crow about Harry Nezu and Kaitou Corbeau.
Magic Kaito plot overview
Non-canon Magic Kaito plot overview
Magic Kaito: Kid the Phantom Thief (TV Specials)
Magic Kaito 1412
- Similar to the Blue Parrot Pool Bar and the character design of Chikage Kuroba, the design of the house changed significantly between chapter 19 and 30. Gosho Aoyama took over the design of the house that debuted in Episode 1 of the Magic Kaito TV Specials since the latter. In Magic Kaito 1412, the setting designers came up with a completely new design, with its architecture having almost nothing in common with the house from the Manga or the TV Specials. It's also directly neighbouring the Nakamori residence, which doesn't seem to be the case in the two previous incarnations.
- While firmly being somewhere inside the Toshima Ward of Tokyo in the Manga, the house seems to be in or close to the Minato Ward in the TV Specials and somewhere around the Shinjuku Ward in Magic Kaito 1412.
- ^ Magic Kaito, Chapter 8 (Magic Kaito Volume 2, Chapter 2)
Kaito Kuroba and Aoko Nakamori exit the train at Ikebukuro Station on their way from school, which is in the Ikebukuro District of Toshima.
- ^ Magic Kaito, Chapter 9 (Magic Kaito Volume 2, Chapter 3)
The police, thinking they are following Kaitou Kid, geolocate Aoko Nakamori "in Toshima" when she's entering her home. She usually got the same way to and from school as Kaito Kuroba.
|Cities and Towns • Educational Institutions • Prefectures of Japan • Railway Lines and Stations|
|Character's Homes||Akako Koizumi • Jirokichi Suzuki • Kudo family • Kuroba family • Mouri family • Nakamori family|
|Educational Institutions||Ekoda High School • Kohnan High School • Teitan Elementary School|
|Hotels & Inns||Haido City Hotel|
|Towns & Cities||Beika Ward • Beika Town • Ekoda • Ginza • Haido • Shibuya • Toshima • Yaoya|
|Train Stations||Beika Station • Tokyo Station|
|Other Locations||Beika Aquarium • Clock Tower (Black Star) • Nippon Budokan • Tokyo Skytree • Tokyo Tower • Tropical Land|