From Detective Conan Wiki
Manga to Anime changes
- In the manga, Akako physically slaps Kaito when he asks her for a chocolate. In the anime, she uses her magic to throw him across the classroom, which Kaito's classmates think is another of Kaito's magic tricks.
- Hakuba does not appear in the manga version of this story, as it was originally written years before he would be created. He makes a brief appearance in the anime, with the trunk of his car overflowing with Valentine chocolates.
- The scene where Jii tells Kaito about the existence of "real" magic and its different types is unique to the anime.
- In the manga, the final showdown between Akako and Kid takes place in front of Akako's mansion. In the anime, the first part of their confrontation takes place in the sky, while the conclusion takes place on the street directly below.
- The snowball fight at the end does not take place in the manga.