Beika Station (米花駅 Beika-eki) is the central train station of the fictional ward and district of the same name and seems to possess two tracks. In this function it appears in Detective Conan and Play It Again. Subsequent train stations are Haido (in the Manga), Midoridai and Shimodababa (in the expanded canon). The equally fictional Chiyari Station, which is somewhere behind Yokohama, is a ride of 30 minutes away from it.
- 1 Location and model
- 2 Plot overview
- 2.1 Detective Conan plot overview
- 2.1.1 Missing Older Brother Case (Manga: 176-178, Anime: 129)
- 2.1.2 Bus Hijacking Case (Manga: 287-289, Anime: 230-231)
- 2.1.3 Disappearing Mitsuhiko Case (Manga: 358-360, Anime: 289-290)
- 2.1.4 The Forgotten Cell Phone (Manga: 438-440, Anime: 350-351)
- 2.1.5 The Crisis Beckoned by the Red Omen (Manga: 699, Anime: 578)
- 2.1.6 Haibara's Lost Phone Strap Case (Manga: 997-999, Anime: 925-926)
- 2.2 Non-canon Detective Conan plot overview
- 2.2.1 The Black Organization: One Billion Yen Robbery Case (Anime: 128)
- 2.2.2 The Time-Bombed Skyscraper (Movie: 1)
- 2.2.3 Countdown to Heaven (Movie: 5)
- 2.2.4 The Mysterious Mole Alien Case (Anime: 107-108)
- 2.2.5 The Deduction That Was Too Good (Anime: 207)
- 2.2.6 Detective Conan: The Great Deduction of Three People
- 2.2.7 Crossroad in the Ancient Capital (Movie: 7)
- 2.2.8 The Synchronicity Case (Anime: 364-365)
- 2.2.9 Aya Ueto and Shinichi - The Promise from 4 Years Ago (Anime: 437)
- 2.2.10 The Missing Page (Anime: 461)
- 2.2.11 A Friend of Justice (Anime: 599)
- 2.2.12 The Man Obstructed by the Steel Frame (Anime: 442)
- 2.2.13 A Challenge from Agasa! Agasa vs. Conan and the Detective Boys (OVA: 7)
- 2.2.14 The Vanished Policeman (Anime: 483)
- 2.2.15 Heiji Hattori and the Locked Room Unseen Weapon Murder Mystery! The East-West Detective Reasoning Battle (TV Drama: 9)
- 2.2.16 The Great Dog Coeur's Triumph 2 (Anime: 664)
- 2.2.17 Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie
- 2.2.18 The Comedian Who Turned Himself In (Anime: 757-758)
- 2.2.19 Detective Conan: Mystery Town
- 2.2.20 The Security System's Pitfall (Anime: 860)
- 2.2.21 Detective Conan X Mahōtsukai to Kuroneko no Wiz
- 2.2.22 Detective Conan Puzzle: Cross Chain
- 2.3 Play It Again plot overview
- 2.4 Hanzawa the Criminal plot overview
- 2.1 Detective Conan plot overview
- 3 See also
- 4 References
Location and model
The model for Beika Station is the Shin-Ōkubo Station in Shinjuku Ward of Tokyo. In the Manga it's located on the real Shōnan–Shinjuku Line, somewhere between Shinjuku and Yokohama - judging by the maps in Conan Edogawa's mind and the surroundings the train passes before entering Beika Station, it would be somewhere between the districts of Ebisu and Gotanda.
In the expanded canon (Anime Originals and Movies), Beika Station is not only modeled after Shin-Ōkubo Station, but seemingly identical in position on the Tohto Line (which is based on the real Yamanote Line) too, which would place it (and the Beika District by extension) roughly where the district of Hyakunin(jp) in Shinjuku is in real life. Beika Park in this incarnation can be reached in ten minutes by foot from the station, which would roughly be one kilometer or ~0.6 miles away from it with average walking speed.
Detective Conan plot overview
The Detective Boys follow Mitsuhiko's trail to Beika Station, where they ask an attendant if he encountered their friend. The attendant answers that Mitsuhiko hastily exchanged an adult ticket he had accidentally purchased with a child ticket. The attendant says that based on the fee of his ticket, Mitsuhiko went to either the Chiba or Gunma Prefecture.
Non-canon Detective Conan plot overview
The Black Organization: One Billion Yen Robbery Case (Anime: 128)
Akemi Miyano hid the cases with the money in a locker at Beika Station in this animated version of the story.
The Time-Bombed Skyscraper (Movie: 1)
Countdown to Heaven (Movie: 5)
The Mysterious Mole Alien Case (Anime: 107-108)
The Deduction That Was Too Good (Anime: 207)
Crossroad in the Ancient Capital (Movie: 7)
The Synchronicity Case (Anime: 364-365)
Aya Ueto and Shinichi - The Promise from 4 Years Ago (Anime: 437)
The Missing Page (Anime: 461)
A Friend of Justice (Anime: 599)
The Man Obstructed by the Steel Frame (Anime: 442)
A Challenge from Agasa! Agasa vs. Conan and the Detective Boys (OVA: 7)
The Vanished Policeman (Anime: 483)
Heiji Hattori and the Locked Room Unseen Weapon Murder Mystery! The East-West Detective Reasoning Battle (TV Drama: 9)
The Great Dog Coeur's Triumph 2 (Anime: 664)
The Comedian Who Turned Himself In (Anime: 757-758)
Beika Station can be acquired as a building for Mystery Town in the game.
The Security System's Pitfall (Anime: 860)
Beika Station is used as the background on some cards.
Play It Again plot overview
Beika Station only appears in the OVA version of the story, when Sanjuro Sakura visits the district the love of his youth lives in - which happens to be Beika. He arrives at the train station and visits a book store in it, where he tries to browse through some erotic magazines, which he refrains from when Ran Mouri and Sonoko Suzuki pass him, afraid that they might notice.
Hanzawa the Criminal plot overview
Along Came A Culprit (HtC Manga: 1)
Right at the beginning of the series, Hanzawa-san arrives at Beika Station, with commuters warning him not to exit here. He immediately gets into problems scanning his Suika card to get out, with Ran Mouri and Sonoko Suzuki watching him, thinking of him as a shady person before leaving through the East Exit. Hanzawa angrily fantasizes about destroying the station, before Conan Edogawa too passes by and takes him into account, seemingly on his way to the station.
The sign with the name of district at the station also appears in the keyhole of the first volume, visible through a train window.
|Cities and Towns • Countries • Educational Institutions • Prefectures of Japan • Railway Lines and Stations|
|Character's Homes||Akako Koizumi • Jirokichi Suzuki • Kudo family • Kuroba family • Mouri family • Nakamori family|
|Educational Institutions||Ekoda High School • Kohnan High School • Teitan Elementary School|
|Hotels & Inns||Haido City Hotel|
|Towns & Cities||Beika Ward • Beika Town • Ekoda • Ginza • Haido • Shibuya • Toshima • Yaoya|
|Train Stations||Beika Station • Tokyo Station|
|Other Locations||Beika Aquarium • Clock Tower (Black Star) • Nippon Budokan • Tokyo Skytree • Tokyo Tower • Tropical Land • Sunset Manor|