The Toshima Ward (豊島区 Toshima-ku) is a real part of Tokyo, one of the 23 special wards the city comprises of. It's composed of four major areas divided into 27 districts, with a population of 298,250 (2015).
It is the place where Kaito Kuroba and Aoko Nakamori live in the Manga of Magic Kaito, the setting of Wait For Me, the location of the school of Keisuke Hara in The Santa Claus of Summer and a past residence of Gosho Aoyama himself. It also seemed to serve as a model for some surroundings in late Yaiba and early Detective Conan, with what appears to be the Sunshine 60 Building appearing in its background several times and the PARCO Store featuring prominently in the latter.
- 1 Places of interest
- 2 Plot overview
- 2.1 Wait For Me plot overview
- 2.2 The Santa Claus of Summer plot overview
- 2.3 Magic Kaito plot overview
- 2.3.1 The Revived Phantom Thief (Manga: 1)
- 2.3.2 Kaitou Kid's Busy Day Off (Manga: 4)
- 2.3.3 Japan's Most Irresponsible Prime Minister (Manga: 8)
- 2.3.4 I Am the Master (Manga: 9)
- 2.3.5 The Boy Who Bet on the Ball (Manga: 11)
- 2.3.6 Star War (Manga: 14)
- 2.3.7 Kaitou Under Scrutiny (Manga: 16)
- 2.3.8 Blue Birthday (Manga: 19)
- 2.3.9 The Phantom Lady (Manga: 30)
- 2.3.10 Midnight Crow Part 2 (Manga: 32)
- 2.3.11 Midnight Crow Part 2 (Manga: 32)
- 2.3.12 Sun Halo Part 3 (Manga: 36)
- 2.4 Yaiba plot overview
- 2.5 Detective Conan plot overview
- 2.6 Non-canon Detective Conan plot overview
- 3 Trivia
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Places of interest
Ikebukuro Station (池袋駅 Ikebukuro-eki) is the central train station of the district of the same name. Kaito Kuroba and Aoko Nakamori exit it on their way from school. Seibu Ikebukuro Line leads through it, connecting it to Ekoda Station, where Ekoda High School is located close to in the Manga. The very first place the serial arsonist sets fire to in Sato's Father Case was at this station. It is also mentioned as Sawabukuro Station (沢袋駅 Sawabukuro-eki) in the expanded canon of Detective Conan.
PARCO Department Store
The PARCO Department Store is located close to the Ikebukuro Station and the first subsidiary of the PARCO company. The Detective Boys reach this store of the chain during their treasure hunt, where it was renamed "PAPCO". There's another PARCO Store in Shibuya, that also served as a model for a "PAPCO Store" in Detective Conan later on.
Sunshine City (サンシャインシティ Sanshain Shiti) is a building complex in the east of Ikebukuro, especially recognizable by the distinct Sunshine 60 Skyscraper, which (or a fictional building modeled after it) is visible several times in the background of later Yaiba and very early Detective Conan volumes, including one of the Omake about Gosho Aoyama and his assistants.
Senkawa High School (千川高校 Senkawa Kōkō) is the educational facility Keisuke Hara from The Santa Claus of Summer attends in his second year. It is also used as a recurring setting in H2, a Manga by Gosho Aoyama's friend and colleague Mitsuru Adachi. It could also be the school Yutaka Takai and Mamiko Abe attend in Wait For Me, albeit this in never confirmed.
Senkawa TV (千川TV Senkawa TV) is a television station in the district who report about Yutaka Takai and his inventions.
The stately house of the late magician Toichi Kuroba, whose son Kaito Kuroba and wife Chikage Kuroba live in, probably close to Ikebukuro Station. It's got a hidden rom, the secret base of operations of Kaitou Kid.
Wait For Me plot overview
The Santa Claus of Summer plot overview
Magic Kaito plot overview
The Revived Phantom Thief (Manga: 1)
Kaitou Kid's Busy Day Off (Manga: 4)
Japan's Most Irresponsible Prime Minister (Manga: 8)
I Am the Master (Manga: 9)
The Boy Who Bet on the Ball (Manga: 11)
Star War (Manga: 14)
Kaitou Under Scrutiny (Manga: 16)
Blue Birthday (Manga: 19)
The Phantom Lady (Manga: 30)
Midnight Crow Part 2 (Manga: 32)
Midnight Crow Part 2 (Manga: 32)
Sun Halo Part 3 (Manga: 36)
Yaiba plot overview
Fun Fun Hot Spring Training (Yaiba Manga: 35)
Detective Conan plot overview
Non-canon Detective Conan plot overview
The Missing Page (Anime: 461)
A Friend of Justice (Anime: 599)
The Time-Bombed Skyscraper (Movie: 1)
- Ko Shibasaki, who was in charge of "Love Searchlight", the main theme for Movie 18, Dimensional Sniper, was born in Toshima Ward.
- ^ a b c d Magic Kaito, Chapter 8 (Magic Kaito Volume 2, Chapter 2)
Kaito Kuroba and Aoko Nakamori exit the train at Ikebukuro Station on their way from school, which is in the Ikebukuro District of Toshima.
- ^ a b Magic Kaito, Chapter 9 (Magic Kaito Volume 2, Chapter 3)
The police, thinking they are following Kaitou Kid, geolocate Aoko Nakamori "in Toshima" when she's entering her home.
- ^ a b Interviews#Conan Drill Official Book Interview
"I used to live first in Egoda, which is along the Seibu Ikebukuro Line, then in Senkawa."
- ^ Detective Conan, Manga, FILE.347-349 (Volume 34, File 8-10)
- ^ Detective Conan, Anime, Episode 284-285: Chinatown Deja Vu in the Rain (Season 10, Episode 30-31)
- ^ Detective Conan, Manga, FILE.267-269 (Volume 27, File 4-6)
- ^ Detective Conan, Anime, Episode 205-206: Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story 3 (Season 8, Episode 12-13)
- ^ Detective Conan, Manga, FILE.38 (Volume 4, File 9)
- Toshima on Wikipedia
|Cities and Towns • Countries • Educational Institutions • Prefectures of Japan • Railway Lines and Stations|
|Character's Homes||Akako Koizumi • Jirokichi Suzuki • Kudo family • Kuroba family • Mouri family • Nakamori family|
|Educational Institutions||Ekoda High School • Kohnan High School • Teitan Elementary School|
|Hotels & Inns||Haido City Hotel|
|Towns & Cities||Beika Ward • Beika Town • Ekoda • Ginza • Haido • Shibuya • Toshima • Yaoya|
|Train Stations||Beika Station • Tokyo Station|
|Other Locations||Beika Aquarium • Clock Tower (Black Star) • Nippon Budokan • Tokyo Skytree • Tokyo Tower • Tropical Land • Sunset Manor|