The Private Eyes' Requiem
The Private Eyes' Requiem is the 10th movie in the Detective Conan franchise. It was released in Japan on April 15, 2006.
Conan, Kogoro, Ran, and the Detective Boys are invited to meet Kogoro's new client in a hotel next to "Miracle Land", a newly opened theme park. A man in a suit greets them in front of the hotel and leads them to a meeting room on the top floor, telling them to have a seat while he gets something for them. When he comes back he hands everyone an ID watch that allows them a day's free access to all attractions in Miracle Land as well as free food and drinks.
Ran and the children decide to go and have fun in the park while Kogoro is busy. Ran wants Conan to come with them, but their host tells them that Conan also has to stay behind. The children leave and their host pulls back curtains in the room and switches a TV screen on, showing their client, a man who's sitting in front of several screens. He wears a bathrobe and his face is half hidden in the darkness. The client explains that he wants Kogoro and Conan to help him solve a mystery. To make sure they comply, he further explains that the ID watches he gave to everyone are filled with explosives, can't be taken off and will explode if someone finds the wrong answer to the mystery. The watches also have GPS systems that allow the client to track everyone's exact locations. If they are tampered with, Ran or the children leave the park or Conan or Kogoro go to the police, the client will know and will let the watches explode. The watches will be switched on once Ran and the children enter the park.
Conan tries to contact Ai with their detective badges to warn her not to get into the park, but they have already passed the entrance. Instead, Conan urges Ai not to let anyone leave the park or go on the Super Snake roller coaster because this leaves the boundaries of the park for a while.
The client explains that he already hired four detectives to work on the case. Two have given up, one is working and the last one has failed. He shows them a man locked in a room, a detective named Ryu who's familiar to Kogoro and also wears an ID watch. The client tells Ryu his deductions were wrong and then activates the explosives in the watch. Ryu dies before Conan's and Kogoro's eyes.
The client's assistant hands Conan and Kogoro a phone that can only receive calls. The first and only clue they get from the client is "TAKA 3-8". Conan deduces that they are supposed to go to part 3 of Takashima and find a house in the eighth block, which turns out to be an abandoned hotel. In a locker in the hotel basement, they find a licensed gun and woolen ski masks, thinking this might be equipment used in a robbery.
The moment they leave the hotel again, police officers try to arrest Conan and Kogoro, thinking they are accomplices of Kaitou Kid, who has appeared near the hotel recently. One of the officers tells Kogoro that they are investigating two cases that happened on April 4th. A truck delivering money to a bank was robbed and this abandoned hotel was used as the base of the robbers. On the same day, Kid broke into a nearby office building and stole a few jewels.
Since none of the police officers recognise Kogoro, they take him and Conan to the nearest police station to interrogate him. In the middle of the painful debate, the client suddenly calls and Conan hurries to the bathroom to answer it. The client calls Conan Shinichi, so Conan uses his voice-changing bow tie to explain that they didn't go to the police voluntarily and tells the client about their findings. The client gives him a new hint "look for the café terrace at night." Conan hurries out of the police station and tries to figure out where to go.
Heiji Hattori suddenly turns up and explains that he is also working on the same case and that the client has sent Kazuha to Miracle Land with an ID on. Kogoro catches up with Conan and Heiji and Inspector Megure wants to know what's going on. Kogoro starts to explain but realises the client is watching them. The client sets off a bomb as a warning. Kogoro shoves Megure aside and leaves with Heiji and Conan. Shiratori asks Megure why he is okay with this behaviour from Kogoro. Megure shows him a note from Kogoro that says "Ran and the children are in danger, don't let anyone leave Miracle Land".
|Robbery / Murder (Past)|
|Bombing and attempted murder|
Kogoro decides to go investigate on his own.
Heiji says he also got "The Café Terrace At Night" as hint, but the client also told him to look for "YOU CRY". They deduce that "The Café Terrace at Night" refers to a famous painting by Vincent Van Gogh on which a horse-drawncarriage appears in front of a café terrace lit by lamps in the evening and that this is a clue to "Carriage Way", where the transporter was robbed on April 4. YOU is short for Yokohama Ocean University, so that is where Heiji and Conan go next. CRY has to refer to a club at the university, Heiji thinks, but they can't find the right one when they're interrupted by Saguru Hakuba, a famous teenage detective from England who spends most of his time trying to catch Kaito Kid. Saguru has also got an ID watch and decides to team up with Conan and Heiji, telling them he thinks CRY refers to the Crime Research Club of Yokohama University, so it is there they continue their investigation.
In the club rooms, some members, thinking Heiji and Saguru are interested in the club because they want to attend Yokohama University, show them around. Conan notices that among the pictures of former club presidents, the third president seems to be missing and asks for the reason. The members took the picture of the third president, Suehiko Ito, down, because he was involved in the murder of one of his classmates, Masaharu Nishio. The three detectives have lunch and Heji calls Inspector Otaki in Osaka for more information on Ito. Saguru says he has learned from his father that Ito is wanted by the police in connection with the truck robbery on April 4.
At the same time, Kogoro calls Eri and asks her if she has further information about that same case.
Conan, Heiji and Saguru visit Nishio's office where he was killed. They learn that Reiko Shimizu, who was employed at the same office and also a member of the Crime Research Club, committed suicide after the police questioned her about Nishio's murder.
The client calls and confirms that Nishio's murder is the case he wants them to solve.
Immediately after the phone call, two men on motorcycles attack Heiji, Saguru and Conan. They also seem to be after Kaito Kid. The three detectives decide to split up. Conan gets away on his skateboard but is followed by one of the cyclists to a bridge. He slips and falls into the river below, hitting his leg on the railing during the fall and breaking his ankle.
A petty thief steals a wallet from a woman in Miracle Land. The Detective Boys and the police pursue him and he takes Ayumi hostage and starts to go to the exit. Suddenly Sonoko appears in front of him, on the lookout for Ran. She has no idea what the man has done but shoves him out of the way for being "rude", allowing Sato to arrest him.
|Hostage Situation and Accidental Attempted Murder|
Conan wakes up in Professor Agasa's car with Heiji. Heiji tells Conan that Saguru called Agasa to pick Conan up, but when Agasa arrived, Saguru was gone and that they're now on the way back to the hotel as the time limit is almost up. Otaki has also been in touch and Heiji updates Conan about the events following the robbery on April 4:
There were traces of mascara on the scope of the sniper rifle used to kill Nishio. It was found to be of the same brand Reiko wore on a regular basis but she never said anything during the police questioning. On May 15, two fishermen saw Reiko apparently jumping off a cliff, but her body was never found. Eight days later, Ito, who was grievously injured, escaped from hospital. Furthermore, Kaito Kid stole jewels from an art collection on April 4 and his escape route crossed the route the robbers took after they attacked the delivery truck. Kid saw the faces of the robbers and they started shooting at him, but missed. Since then, Kid's life has been in danger whenever he has tried to steal something.
Professor Agasa says Kogoro has already made it back to the hotel and wants to present his deductions to their client, so Conan and Heiji hurry up there to make sure Kogoro doesn't screw everything up.
Kaito Kid has gone back to the art collection to tell the owner that he has had enough of being in mortal danger whenever he wants to commit a heist. He also says he knows why the owner is still after him even after Kaito returned the jewel to him - Kaito saw him among the robbers, as well as his associate who is currently also in the room, hiding behind a curtain. He calls the police to come and arrest the owner of the collection, releasing tranquilizing gas to make sure he can't escape. His associate, however, does.
In other languages
|Catalan (Catalan dub)||El rèquiem dels detectius||The Requiem of the Detectives|
|Chinese||侦探们的镇魂歌||The Detectives' Requiem|
|French (Subbed)||Le Requiem des détectives||The Detectives' Requiem|
|German||Das Requiem der Detektive||The Requiem of Detectives|
|Italian||Requiem per un detective||Requiem for an Detective|
|Thai||บทเพลงมรณะแด่เหล่านักสืบ||Deadly Song for the Detectives|
|Vietnamese||Lễ cầu hồn của thám tử||The Private Eyes' Requiem|
- This movie was commemorating the 10th Anniversary of Detective Conan (1996-2006).
- The culprit's secretary has the same name as the victim in A Mysterious Sniper Murder Case.
- Suehiko Itoh's crashed car is an Allanite grey magno Mercedes Benz SLK [R171]. The license plate number is みなと 300, さ 23-32 (Minato 300, Sa 23-32).
- The car that chases Kid as he escapes is a Platinum silver Metallic 1995 Nissan Gloria Gran Turismo [Y33]. The license plate number is みなと 400, て 47-82 (Minato 400, Te 47-82).
- Reiko Shimizu drives a 1967 Medium gray Ford Mustang Fastback 2+2.
- The motorcycle gang uses 2005 black Ducati 749s to chase Conan.
- Jugo Yokomizo's vehicle is a Royal blue Pearl 1996 Mitsubishi Challenger [K90].
- The bank truck that was robbed is a Mitsubishi Fuso Canter Armored Truck.
- Kogoro Mouri's car in the first scene is a white 1989 Toyota HiAce [H100] with a license plate of 5-70.
- Masaharu Nishio's weapon in the shooting scene is a Colt M1911A1.
- The motorcycle gang's weapons are IMI Desert Eagle Mark XIXs and Ingram MAC-10s.
- The sniper used to kill Nishio is an Armalite AR-7.
- Reiko Shimizu's guns are a Remington 1866 Derringer and a stainless steel Walther PPK.
- The Yokohama Ocean University is in fact the Yokohama National University.
- Hakuba, who is really Kaito Kid, saved Conan, after his fall into the river, despite his heavy paranoia of fish.
- This is the second case with Saguru Hakuba, however not really. However, he was previously seen in The Gathering of the Detectives! Shinichi Kudo vs. Kaitou Kid.
- Although Conan's fingerprints were taken in The Evil Spirit Appears on An Unlucky Day, and most likely added to a police database, when you take into accont the non canon movies, such as this case, Shinichi Kudo probably is also in more of an international type database, as well as Japanese Police Database, since he learned to drive a boat in Hawaii, drive a car in Hawaii, and to shoot a gun in Hawaii. In all those license, probably requires fingerprints to be taken. I am not including the learning to pilot a Cessna in Hawaii, since it was only using a simulator, so it is highly unlikely that he needed fingerprints taken for those lessons.
Taking this into account, Kudo's fingerprint registration, including his passport, is probably more widespread that Conan Edogawa's few fingerprints needed. Due to Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya's voice actor, Ikue Ōtani being on maternity leave, she has temporarily been replaced by Ai Orikasa for this movie, and a few cases. Ikue Ōtani will resume her role in The Car Stunt's Utmost Limit.
- Kogoro has worked with the detective, Acha Ryu, before.
- When Ryu is about to die, he mentioned two other people, Mogi and Souda, which those two could possible be the detectives that quit, and presumably speaking, killed, as well. These two detectives are most likely Harufumi Mogi and Ikumi Soda from The Gathering of the Detectives! Shinichi Kudo vs. Kaitou Kid case.
- When Kogoro and Conan were investigating that first place, and a homeless man was opening a door, Kogoro immediately went to stand behind Conan, instead of shielding him, he kind of hid behind the kid, however he did place his hands on Conan's shoulders, which may be to either keep Conan from ruining his shelter, or from rushing headfirst, and getting into danger.
- Although Jugo is stated to still be in the Saitama Prefecture, where Sango originated, like The Evil Spirit Appears on An Unlucky Day. this case seems to state that Jugo is in the Kanagawa Prefecture instead. In fact, they are heading toward the Kanagawa Police Headquarters, after mistaking Kogoro for being Kaito Kid's accomplice.
- Although Haibara loves animals, she did state that she hates snakes."
- Professor gave the Turbo Engine Skateboard a power-up.
- This is the first case that Jugo Yokomizo was shown to place himself at risk to protect innocent people, and in this case, a young child from an exploding bomb.
- Kazuha acknowledges that this is the first time that she spoke to Haibara, when she and Ran were both, paged to the Medical Station of Miracle Land.
- The nurse from Miracle Land was also Masako Arai from A Dangerous Recipe.
- Reiko Shimizu bears a resemblance to Yukiko Kudo, at least from a distance.
- Goro Otaki is revealed to have a cousin, Aoki, in the Kanagawa Police Precinct.
- This is the movie that Sato and Takagi were on an obvious date at Miracle Land.
- This is the first appearance of Eri's cat, Goro.
- While Eri's cell phone appears white, with a purple casing, Kogoro's cell phone appears to be light blue or bluish casing with a grayish interior.
- This is the case that Conan broke his leg, and promptly fell in the ocean.
- In this case, Sonoko has an orange cell phone.
- This is the movie that Sonoko saved Ayumi, however she really had no idea of what was going on at the time.
- Heiji's cell phone appears to have white casing and a dark blueish interior.
- Interesting Note: This case takes place sometime after May 15th, however no one has any problem remembering one thing that happened on April 4, which is over a month later. No one even has to think about what day the armored car was hijacked, or someone else was killed. Not even one witness, which I find hard to believe that all of the witnesses have such perfect date recall, on something that almost all of them would have forgotten, the exact date. If you take into account that this movie came out on April 15th, than we are talking over a year, since this movie also mentioned an event that happened on May 15th, which is after the theatrical release of this movie on April 15th.
- This is the first case that Kaito Kid was actually on a hit-list.
- Heiji called Agasa, "Pops," in this movie, once.
- Yokohama University club's known presidents are:
- Tetsuya Aoyagi from The Entrance to the Maze: The Anger of the Colossus is the 1st President.
- Takayuki Irie from The Deduction That Was Too Good is the 2nd President.
- Kaori Obayashi from The Mysterious Retro Room Case is the 3rd President.
- Koji Furukawa from The Unknown Gunshot That Rings in the Dark is the 4th President.
- Haruyuki Hoshino from The Man Who Was Killed Four Times is the 5th President.
- Yasuo Murakami from A Dangerous Recipe is the 6th President.
- Ayaka Yoshino from The Entrance to the Maze: The Anger of the Colossus is the 7th President.
- Kazuyoshi Sunaoka from The Murdered Famous Detective is the 8th President.
- Ryoichi Aonogi from The Water Palace of Five Colors Legend is the 9th President.
- Although Kaito Kid does not use real guns, and only his card gun, in this movie, he merely used a real gun in order to blow out the windows, and to call the police inside the building.
- This is the case that Kid stated, he only steals jewels after he sends an announcement first.
- This case, Conan accidentally knocked out the mystery client's secretary, while aiming for Kogoro with the Stun-Gun Wristwatch.
- This is the second case that Kogoro is knocked out by an ash tray. The first is An Idol's Locked Room Murder Case.
- Heiji got shot twice in this case.
- This is the case that Conan did a little pole dance swing.
- An interesting note: Megure told Chiba to take those wristband bombs to the lab for testing. However, Conan only told Agasa that they can now be removed, however he also said the limit is still on, which means when Chiba takes them outside Miracle Land, the 5 bands will blow up, which might also take Chiba with them. In short, only the shards and shrapnel could probably be taken to the lab... in a separate bag. In short, Agasa should have told Megure, that they can never leave Miracle Land without being secured in a bomb type container.
- This is one of the cases that someone wanted Kogoro to do a commercial for sleeping pills. An Illustrator Murder Case was the first.
|Detective Conan Movies|
|Movies||Movie 01: The Time-Bombed Skyscraper • Movie 02: The Fourteenth Target • Movie 03: The Last Wizard of the Century • Movie 04: Captured in Her Eyes • Movie 05: Countdown to Heaven • Movie 06: The Phantom of Baker Street • Movie 07: Crossroad in the Ancient Capital • Movie 08: Magician of the Silver Sky • Movie 09: Strategy Above the Depths • Movie 10: The Private Eyes' Requiem • Movie 11: Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure • Movie 12: Full Score of Fear • Movie 13: The Raven Chaser • Movie 14: The Lost Ship in the Sky • Movie 15: Quarter of Silence • Movie 16: The Eleventh Striker • Movie 17: Private Eye in the Distant Sea • Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie (crossover) • Movie 18: Dimensional Sniper • Movie 19: Sunflowers of Inferno • Movie 20: The Darkest Nightmare • Movie 21: The Crimson Love Letter • Movie 22: Zero the Enforcer • Movie 23: The Fist of Blue Sapphire • Movie 24: The Scarlet Bullet • Movie 25|
|Related Cases||16 Suspects!? (movie 4) • Conan, Heiji, and the Vanished Boy (movie 7) • Time Travel of the Silver Sky (movie 8) • Follow the Vanished Diamond! Conan & Heiji vs. Kid! (movie 10) • A Challenge from Agasa! Agasa vs. Conan and the Detective Boys (movie 11) • Magic File 2: Shinichi Kudo, The Case of the Mysterious Wall and the Black Lab (movie 12) • Lupin III vs. Detective Conan (crossover) • Magic File 3: Shinichi and Ran, Memories of Mahjong Tiles and Tanabata (movie 13) • Magic File 4: The Osaka Okonomiyaki Odyssey (movie 14) • Magic File 5: Niigata~Tokyo Souvenir Capriccio (movie 15) • Bonus File 1: Flower of Fantasista (movie 16) • The Missing Sweets in the Old Shop (movie 17) • The Coded Invitation (movie 18) • Promise with a J-Leaguer (movie 16) • Munch's Missing Scream (movie 19) • The Shadow Approaching Amuro (movie 20) • The Mystery of the Vanished Black Belt (movie 21) • The Melting Cake! (movie 22) • The J League Bodyguard (movie 16) • Intrigue at the Food Court (movie 23) • Beika Shopping District Dust Mystery (movie 24)|
|Kaitou Kid in Detective Conan|
|Main||Kaitou Kid • Kaito Kuroba • Toichi Kuroba|
|Related||Jirokichi Suzuki • Ginzo Nakamori • Samizu Kichiemon • Saguru Hakuba • Konosuke Jii • Aoko Nakamori • Chikage Kuroba|
|Manga||Kaitou Kid and the Black Star • Magic Lovers Case • Kaitou Kid and the Murder • Kaitou Kid and the Ocean's Miracle • Kaitou Kid and the Three Instruments • Kaitou Kid and the Four Masterpieces • Kaitou Kid and the Purple Nail • Kaitou Kid and the Iron Tanuki • Kirin's Horn Case • Ryoma's Gunbelt Case • Mystery Train • The Blush Mermaid • Twin Bets • Kaitou Kid and the Luna Memoria • Kaitou Kid and the Fairy's Lip|
|Anime||Conan vs. Kaitou Kid • Magic Lover's Murder Case • The Gathering of the Detectives! Shinichi Kudo vs. Kaitou Kid • Kaitou Kid's Miraculous Midair Walk • Big Adventure in the Eccentric Mansion • Kaitou Kid and the Four Masterpieces • Kaitou Kid's Teleportation Magic • Kaitou Kid vs. the Strongest Safe • The Kirin's Horn That Vanished into the Dark • Conan & Kid's Battle For Ryoma's Treasure • The Jet-Black Mystery Train • Kaitou Kid and the Blush Mermaid • Kaitou Kid VS Makoto Kyogoku • Kaitou Kid and the Trick Box • Kid vs. Komei: The Targeted Lips|
|Movies and Specials||Movie 03: The Last Wizard of the Century • Time Travel of the Silver Sky • Movie 08: Magician of the Silver Sky • Movie 10: The Private Eyes' Requiem • Movie 14: The Lost Ship in the Sky • Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie • Movie 19: Sunflowers of Inferno • Movie 23: The Fist of Blue Sapphire|
|Special Manga||The Magically Hidden Jewel • The Stolen Pirate Treasure • Kaitou Kid and the Mystery of the Black Jewel • The Rise of the Burning Curse • The Blue Train Nightmare|
|Related Articles||Magic Kaito • List of characters who know Kaitou Kid's identity • Kaitou Kid's Gadgets • List of Kaitou Kid Heists Items|