Intrigue at the Food Court (フードコートの陰謀 Fūdokōto no inbō) is the 936th episode of the Detective Conan anime. This episode is a pre-story for The Fist of Blue Sapphire.
While Professor Agasa is on a trip to Hokkaido and Conan in Singapore, the Detective Boys go to the Beika Central Park, where a coupled food event, the Beika City Farmer's Market, and a police event, where Inspector Megure is to give a speech, are taking place, since Genta is especially interested in an offer which promises free food for gradeschoolers and younger. However, they become unwitting earwitnesses to a conversation which bears a rather sinister tone.
||Visitors to the Farmer's Market
||A few hours ago
||Yuji Yamawaki, Kaori Kanno, and Nobuo Kadokura
|While talking about going to the farmer's market event at Beika Park, the Detective Boys see a food truck for the restaurant Marina where three people were talking. They eavesdrop the conversation and hear the members planning to have an explosive time. Is there really a bombing happening?
In order to catch them in flagranti, the Detective Boys split up, each of them following one suspect: Genta follows Yamawaki, Ayumi goes after Kanno, and Mitsuhiko shadows Kadokura. However, despite all precautions, Ayumi and Mitsuhiko are noticed and approached by their suspects. Thus confronted, they tell the kids that there isn't any bomb, that they're working at a local restaurant, and that they were just trying to gather the necessary material for the dish they'll prepare for the Market as an advertisement: Singapore's national dish, Chicken Rice. They serve it to the Detective Boys as an exception to dispel all suspicions. As the Detective Boys leave, they run into Sato and Takagi, whom they tell about these friendly people.
- Unlike the other time, Conan was essentially absent the whole time for an anime original.
- The Singaporean Marina restaurant where the suspects work at is named after the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, which will be featured as one of the key locations in movie 23.
- This is the first episode where Inspector Megure is seen in a police uniform instead of plain clothes.
- The Beika Bakery from The Shadow Approaching Amuro reappears in this episode, but not its baker. It is one of Shimomura Cigarettes shop's neighbors, which didn't appear before.
- Several vans featured in the event, which are Volkswagen Bus [Typ 2 / T2] and 1983 Toyota HiAce [H50], bear the national flag colors of Germany and Singapore. The suspect van is a 1999 Toyota Quick Delivery 200 [U280], like others. The license plate number of one is 新宿 800, さ 16•95 (Shinjuku 800, Sa 16•95).