16 Suspects!? (16人の容疑者!? ,Jūrokunin no Yōgisha!??) is the 2nd OVA of Detective Conan. It was available via application service from January 16, 2002 until February 27, 2002 (Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine issue 7/2002 until issue 13/2002).
Shiratori's invited his close friends to his villa in Karuizawa, Nagano Prefecture, to celebrate its completion. The main highlight was Shiratori's prized collection of expensive wine. However, just as Shiratori was about to share his most valued wine with his guests, he discovered that its bottle was smashed.
|Broken bottle of Château Latour
||Wine cellar of Shiratori's villa
||Conan Edogawa, Kogoro Mouri, Ran Mouri, Heiji Hattori, Kazuha Toyama, Ninzaburo Shiratori, Hiroshi Agasa, Ai Haibara, Genta Kojima, Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya, Ayumi Yoshida, Miwako Sato, Wataru Takagi, Juzo Megure, Eri Kisaki, and Sonoko Suzuki
|Shiratori's bottle of rare and expensive wine was smashed that cost several million.
Since Shiratori himself could have accidentally dropped the bottle, he is also a suspect together with his fifteen guests. Upon investigation, Heiji reveals that a mouse caused the wine bottle to drop. Conan reveals that Kogoro is responsible for the smashed bottle and reveals that the smashed wine was a fake. Sonoko had replaced Shiratori's prized wine with a cheaper variant with changed label as a prank. Shiratori's shares the prized wine with his guests and they drink away the night.
Conan talks with Heiji secretly and deduces that he was the one who broke the bottle and not Kogoro. When he noticed the wine is in the wrong cellar, a drunken Kogoro Mouri put it in there, he took the wine but it fell because a japanese mouse, which was behind the wine, startled him by jumping out. During the investigation, Conan noticed that one of Heiji's socks is rolled up. This is because some of the wine splashed onto it when the bottle broke.
- This villa is mentioned also in The Last Wizard of the Century.
- Sonoko claimed to have never been to Karuizawa before, despite her family owning villas in Hawaii, Monaco, Nice, among other places, however not one in this locale unfortunately.
- This OVA reveals that Genta's house is actually a liquor store, "Kojima Liquors".
- Shiratori's most przed wines are: '79 Château Margaux; '85 Château Lafite; '92 Château Le Pin; 1961 Château Latour; 1989 Sassicaia, although it had recently been drank by his younger sister Sara and her husband Kotaro Haretsuki, which does connect to Captured in Her Eyes, when they got married, and furthermore Sato pleased Kogoro for that case's resolution; the last two slots are completely unknown.
- Even though Sonoko's family does not own a villa in Karuizawa, the Kudos do, and Shinichi even brought Ran to see it several years ago.
- Shiratori revealed that cooking is one of his hobbies.
For the full gallery see: 16 Suspects!?/Gallery