|Japanese name:||榎本 梓|
|Relatives:||Sugihito Enomoto (older brother)|
|Occupation:||Café Poirot worker|
|First appearance:||Manga: File 438|
Anime: Episode 152
|Keyhole number:||Volume 43|
|Japanese voice:||Mikiko Enomoto|
Azusa Enomoto (榎本 梓 Enomoto Azusa) is a character in the manga and anime franchise, Detective Conan.
- 1 Background
- 2 Personality
- 3 Appellations
- 4 Plot overview
- 4.1 Forgotten Cell Phone Case (Manga: 438-440; Anime: 350-351)
- 4.2 Cellphone SOS Case (Manga: 523-524; Anime: 438)
- 4.3 Mysterious Job Case (Manga: 553; Anime: 462)
- 4.4 Genta's Shoot Case (Manga: 569; Anime: 477)
- 4.5 The Fugitive (Manga: 594; Anime: Fugitive: Kogoro Mouri)
- 4.6 Azusa's Brother Case (Manga: 641-642; Anime: 526)
- 4.7 Kaitou Kid and the Iron Tanuki (Manga: 674; Anime: 537)
- 4.8 Following Holmes (Manga: 743; Anime: 616)
- 4.9 Delivery Service (Manga: 841-843; Anime: 722-723)
- 4.10 Taii's Owner (Manga: 855-856; Anime: 751)
- 4.11 Scarlet Showdown (Manga: 897; Anime: 783)
- 4.12 Girls Band Murder Case (Manga: 936; Anime: 836)
- 4.13 Bourbon's Mission (Manga: 954-957; Anime: 866-867)
- 5 Non-Canon Plot Overview
- 6 Relationships analysis
- 7 Name origin
- 8 Quotes
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Azusa is a kind and young worker at the Café Poirot, the coffee shop that is directly under the Mouri Detective Agency. Kogoro often goes there for a quick coffee break. Azusa sometimes gives Kogoro a case to solve, mostly involving missing cell phones and cell phone messages.
She has a kind personality. She's devoted to people she is close with, like her brother, and is willing to defy authority for them. But she is also willing to help the police in their investigation.
The Fugitive (Manga: 594; Anime: Fugitive: Kogoro Mouri)
Vermouth had disguised as her.
Non-Canon Plot Overview
The Mysterious Old Man Disappearance Case (Anime: 152)
Azusa's introduction into the Anime.
The Deduction That Was Too Good (Anime: 207)
Azusa's second appearance in which she even provided assistance in helping Conan solve the case.
The Client Full of Lies (Part 1) (Anime: 220)
Azusa was inserted into this Manga canon episode despite still being an anime original character.
Family & Friends
Kogoro, Ran and Conan
Azusa has been on good terms with the 3. All 3 live in the 2 floors above her workplace at the Cafe.
Her older brother Sugihito, aged 27, was introduced in episode 526. He was a suspect in a murder case, however with all her thoughts she believed her brother was not the killer. Later she goes to find him at a warehouse, but is attacked and knocked out. The real killer then tells Sugihito that if he wants his sister to survive, he must write out a final confession and then hang himself. Before he is forced to do so, Detective Sato arrests the real killer and Sugihito is proven innocent.
After Rei Furuya - under his alias Tooru Amuro - comes to work at the Café Poirot, he and Azusa develop an amiable professional friendship. Azusa has no inkling about Amuro's actual identity or his position as a double agent in the Black Organization.
She and her voice actress share the same family name "Enomoto".
Azusa is a character that has gone through numerous significant changes. Her first appearance look was only used once, as a throw-away character in The Mysterious Old Man Disappearance Case at the end, still working in Café Poirot, which also looked different. However, after this appearance, the character received a big makeover, as did the Café. This version of the character was used in two different episodes, and in one she even provided assistance in helping Conan solve the case. in the other appearance, she appeared in the new look Café, asking for orders from Conan, Ran, Kogoro, and Shizuka Hattori. After these appearances, Azusa received one last final makeover, as did the Café, in a look that is still used today. The voice actress, Mikiko Enomoto, has not changed throughout all of her makeovers.
- In the anime TV series, Azusa's appearance has changed drastically from her first episode, where she was unnamed. She has had three different looks, all different, but with the same voice actress.
- Her last name Enomoto (榎本) is written with the Kanji for “hackberry” and “origin”. Azusa (梓) stands for “catalpa tree”.