Yaiba Volume 5
|Release date:||December 14, 1989 |
August 6, 2004 (reissue)
|Prev volume:||« Yaiba Volume 4|
|Next volume:||Yaiba Volume 6 »|
|List of chapters|
Yaiba Volume 5 was released on December 14, 1989 in Japan.
- 1 Cast
- 2 Chapters
- 2.1 Musashi vs. Kojiro
- 2.2 Demon Sword "Monohoshizao"
- 2.3 Who is Japan's No. 1
- 2.4 It's Training, Training
- 2.5 Great Battle in Tokyo Dome
- 2.6 Like I Could Lose
- 2.7 Raijin Power Once Again
- 2.8 Birth of Kaminari Giri
- 2.9 Mr. Onick's Sorcery
- 2.10 All Out Attack on Onimaru Castle
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Editions Gallery
- 5 Cover in other countries
- 6 See also
Musashi vs. Kojiro
Demon Sword "Monohoshizao"
Who is Japan's No. 1
It's Training, Training
Great Battle in Tokyo Dome
Like I Could Lose
Raijin Power Once Again
Birth of Kaminari Giri
Mr. Onick's Sorcery
All Out Attack on Onimaru Castle
- If "Yaiba vs. Kaito!" (Magic Kaito Volume 3, Chapter 5) were canon, it would chronologically be set sometime between Chapter 43 and 44 found in this volume, since this is the only time when Yaiba Kurogane and his pets move in with the Mine family in their mansion again together with Gerozaimon Geroda and Namako-Otoko after their travels, and before Kojiro Sasaki moves into it, slowly leading to the big battle against Takeshi Onimaru. This would also fit the release of the special crossover chapter in 1989, like the chapters from this volume, and a reference to Kaitou Kid later in Yaiba Volume 9.
- Ana Shioji and her absurdly loyal cameraman from "Bushi TV", who are reporting about Yaiba and his battle against Onimaru, later also appear in Chapter 16 of Magic Kaito, televising the duel between Kaitou Kid and Saguru Hakuba.
- Bushi TV also is a play on the real television station Fuji TV.
- This is the first time the fictional district the Mine family live in, Yaoya, is named - first during Musashi Miyamoto's training for Yaiba and later by Ana Shioji when she reaches the Mine residence.
Setting appearing in this volume:
- Fukuoka Prefecture (Introduction)
- Ganryu Island
- Izu Province (Mentioned)
- Kanagawa Prefecture (Introduction)
- Mount Fuji (Background)
- Wikipedia:Nagoya (Introduction)
- Unknown location
- Unnamed bamboo forest from chapter 48 (Introduction)
Kokura Station, at which Yaiba Kurogane, Sayaka Mine, and their friends try to escape from Kojiro Sasaki to Tokyo in chapter 40, is a real train station in the Asano District(jp) of Kokurakita Ward in the City of Kitakyushu, situated in the Fukuoka Prefecture.
Sayaka Mine, Kagetora, Gerozaimon Geroda, and Namako-Otoko arrive in Tokyo at the Marunouichi Building of Tokyo Station (pre-renovation status), which is also named as such in chapter 42. Its location is the Marunouichi District in the Chiyoda Ward. They disguise themselves and instantly go to the Mine residence by foot afterwards, implying that Sayaka's home is relatively close to Marunouichi - another hint that Yaoya Town is around Chiyoda early in the series.
Cover in other countries
|Main Characters||Yaiba Kurogane • Sayaka Mine • Musashi Miyamoto • Takeshi Onimaru • Kojiro Sasaki • Jubei Yagyu • Gerozaimon Geroda • Namako-Otoko|
|Secondary Characters||Kenjuro Kurogane • Raizo Mine • Shizuka Mine • Grandma Mine • Moroha Kurogane • Michiko Kurogane • Soshi Okita • Kumo-Otoko • List of minor Yaiba characters|
|Manga||Yaiba Manga Volume 1-10 • 11-20 • 21-24 • Volume 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24|
|OVA adaptations||Conan vs. Kid vs. Yaiba - The Grand Battle for the Treasure Sword!!|
|Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba||List of episodes|
|Games||Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba (Super Famicom) • Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba (Game Boy) • Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba (Sega Game Gear) • List of games|
|Crossovers||The Kendo Tournament of Love and Mystery • The Scarlet School Trip • List of crossovers|
|Related Articles||Swords used in Yaiba • Yaoya • Ekoda High School • Play It Again|