The Kendo Tournament of Love and Mystery
|Episode 916-917 |
(Int. Episode 971-972)
|Title:||The Kendo Tournament of Love and Mystery|
|Japanese title:||恋と推理の剣道大会 |
(Koi to Suiri no Kendō Taikai)
|Original airdate:||October 6, 2018 (Part 1) |
October 13, 2018 (Part 2)
|Broadcast rating:||7.5% (Part 1) |
9.4% (Part 2)
|Manga source:||Volume 93: Files 9-11 (990-992) |
Volume 94: File 1 (993)
|Cast:||Conan Edogawa |
|Case solved by:||Heiji Hattori|
|Next Conan's Hint:||Box cutter (Part 1) |
Bamboo sword (Part 2)
|Episode director:||916: Akira Yoshimura |
917: Hiroaki Takagi
|Animation Director:||Seiji Muta (Supervisor) |
916: Asuka Tsubuki
917: Hirona Okada, Kenichi Otomo, and Hiromi Muranaka
|Character Design:||Masatomo Sudo |
Akio Kawamura (sub-character)
Kanako Ono (Design Works)
|Opening song:||Timeline (song)|
|Prev episode:||« High School Girl Detective Sonoko Suzuki|
|Next episode:||The Mini Patrol Car Police's Big Chase »|
|List of episodes|
Conan, Ran, and Kazuha came to Toto Stadium, Tokyo, to watch Heiji's important kendo competition. As Heiji wins a fight with verve, his rival follows him closely behind: Soshi Okita, Shinichi's lookalike he met during a previous case. Heiji says to himself he can't but get even with Okita today, he has to win, for Kazuha. Meanwhile, Momiji and Iori are on the phone, Iori informing Momiji of Heiji's high rankings in the competition, while Momiji asks him if everything is ready for the "little party" after Heiji's victory. Iori adds Heiji may confront Okita and another kendo practitioner, "as strong as a demon".
Conan suggests they call the police and keep an eye on the bathroom, as the murderer may still be armed and has an accomplice. Conan is joined by a high school kendo practitioner he thought was Heiji but actually is Okita, who says Nukitani's absence of struggling reminds him of tsujigiris (wanton murders of random passers-by by samurais in the past, when they wanted to try out a new sabre's efficiency). He adds the sabre's blow was deadly, perfect and neat, the work of an expert. Okita introduces himself to Conan, saying he's from Kyoto Senshin kendo club - just like the murderer, something Conan is ignorant of.
Heiji were able to solve the crime because of the hint about changing clothes and is now presenting his deduction to everyone.
- Momiji's car is a white 1955 Rolls Royce Silver Wraith Limousine. The license plate number is 東山 330, さ 5-25 (Higashiyama 330, Sa 5-25).
- Toyota Crown Sedan 2012 and Nissan Caravan NV350 2018 of the police parked in front of the ring. The license plate numbers are 新宿 800, ひ 47-62 (Shinjuku 800, Hi 47-62) and 新宿 800, こ 16-95 (Shinjuku 800, Ko 16-95).
- The suspects are named after swordsmiths:
- Shido Nukitani (抜谷 士道) is named after the Dōtanuki (同田貫) school of swordsmiths;
- Katsunari Yasuoka (安岡 克成) is named after Yasutsuna (安綱), a swordsmith of the Heian period (AD 795-1185);
- Nenji Norimura (法村 稔司) is named after swordsmith Norimune (則宗), who created Soshi Okita's favourite sword, the Kiku-ichimonji;
- Tsuneyuki Yokote (横手 恒之) is named after Kōtetsu (虎徹), who supposedly made Kondō Isami's sword (in fact made by Minamoto Kiyomaro and then faked by Hosoda Naomitsu);
- Akane Sadamori (定森 朱音) is named after Kanesada (兼定), who made Hijikata Toshizō's word;
- Kurahiko Namakoshi (生越 倉彦) is named after the Namakura-gatana (なまくら刀), a sword in the eponymous 1917 anime, one of the first examples of film animation in Japan;
- On the chart of opponents is also seen Keiji Aso (麻生圭二) and Masaki Negishi (根岸 正樹), two of Gosho Aoyama's assistants.
Manga to anime changes
- At the end of the episode, Momiji sips her tea prepared by Iori, and comments that it is delicious. The comment was not in the manga.
In other languages
- ^ "青山先生のもじり方【９１巻～１００巻】". http://mysteriouscolors.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-24.html. Retrieved on 2022-11-30.
|Episodes of Season 28|
|898 • 899 • 900 • 901 • 902 • 903 • 904 • 905 • 906 • 907 • 908 • 909 • 910 • 911 • 912 • 913 • 914 • 915 • 916 • 917 • 918 • 919 • 920 • 921 • 922 • 923 • 924 • 925 • 926|