|Japanese name:||フサエ・キャンベル・木之下 |
(Fusae Kyanberu Kinoshita)
|English name:||Fusae Campbell Kinoshita|
|Date of birth:||unknown|
|Relatives:||Billy (friend) |
Mr. Kinoshita (father)
Mrs. Kinoshita (mother)
|First appearance:||Manga: File 410 |
Anime: Episode 421
|Keyhole number:||Volume 40|
|Japanese voice:||Eiko Masuyama |
Chieko Honda (child)
Fusae Campbell Kinoshita (フサエ・キャンベル・木之下 Fusae Kyanberu Kinoshita) is a character in the manga and anime franchise Detective Conan. She is Agasa's long lost love and an accessory fashion designer with a ginkgo leaf-themed brand.
- 1 Background
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 Appellations
- 5 Plot overview
- 6 Relationships analysis
- 7 Different looks
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Fusae Campbell is of Japanese-American descent and has the unusual feature (for a Japanese) of blond hair. Feeling self-conscious about this (presumably aided by some teasing from intolerant schoolmates), she became very timid and came to wear a low hat to cover her hair.
When she was in fourth grade, Fusae met Hiroshi Agasa, who helped her overcome her timidness. The two became very fond of each other, especially since Agasa did not ridicule her for her hair color, but Fusae soon had to move away before she could confess her feelings for him. In a letter she left, she promised that once every ten years she would wait for Agasa at "the place of memories", the ginkgo trees behind Teitan elementary school, until he met up with her, but the hints she left were too complicated for Agasa to crack, and it was not until forty years later the two were finally reunited with the help of the Detective Boys. By that time Fusae had become a successful fashion designer, with a ginkgo leaf being her trademark signature, because Agasa had commented on her hair looking like ginkgo leaves in the fall.
While the two parted inconclusively because of mistaken conceptions about the other which Fusae assumed the Detective Boys are his grandchildren and Fusae lied that Billy is her husband, they did recognize each other, and Agasa was able to make his feelings known to her. Whether the two will meet anytime soon remains to be seen.
Fusae Campbell appears to be a fairly tall slender woman yet curvaceous in built with a fair skin tone, purple eyes and a short blonde hair. Furthermore, she is usually seen wearing a hat and branded casual clothing.
In addition, Fusae is shown to be very attractive, beautiful and young looking despite being in her 50s.
As a child, not only did she have brown eyes and freckles, but she always wore a bell hat pulled low over her face so that no one would make fun of her blonde hair.
Fusae Campbell was a reserved, shy and timid child. As a child, she was shown fear animals although this phobia was overcame by her two months later.
Fusae has a kind and caring personality, evidenced when she loaned Ran her umbrella while waiting for Agasa ten years prior to the current timeline.
Agasa met Fusae forty years before the current timeline on the first day back from summer break the way to Okuho Middle School. At the time Agasa was in 6th grade and Fusae in the 4th at Teitan Elementary. Fusae was too frightened to pass a house which had a large dog. Agasa helped her pass the house, and afterwards told Agasa she was afraid of animals because she had been bitten by a dog when she was little. To help Fusae get over her fear, Agasa took her over to the house of a friend named Haruo Chouno who owned a hamster to help Fusae get over her fear of animals. She would later take care of the school's animals. Fusae was very afraid of the hamster at first but she got used to it after a while but overcame her fear of animals after a couple of months and was able to walk past the dog unafraid. All this time, Agasa had been walking with her to school every day.
One day under the ginkgo trees behind Teitan Elementary where the animals were kept, her hat blew off revealing her brownish blond hair. She pleaded for Agasa not to look at her hair because she didn't want to be made fun of for looking different. Agasa instead tells her that he likes it and it is as beautiful as a ginkgo leaf.
Late in November, Fusae didn't appear one day, and Agasa found out she had suddenly moved away. Although she didn't tell Agasa she was leaving, Fusae had left a letter in Agasa's mailbox saying that she will meet with him again ten years from that day, November 24, at "the place of memories". If Agasa didn't come, she would wait again in another ten years. Fusae left a riddle at the bottom of her letter "4163 33 6 0" and "Clue: Animals". Without knowing the answer, Agasa had tried the house with the hamster thirty years prior and the house with the dog twenty years prior but neither were correct. Conan wound up solving the riddle, revealing that the numbers corresponded to the number of letters in the English onomatopoetic sounds various animals make. 4163 was a rooster's "cock-a-doodle-doo". 33 was a dog's "bow-wow". 6 was a hamster's "squeak", and 0 meant no animal sounds could be heard. They in turn referred to the corresponding places where each could be found, which when put together made the phrase "under Teitan Elementary's Ginkgo trees" (In romajii).
Fusae was waiting for Agasa under the ginkgo trees with her stepfather's friend Billy. She didn't tell Agasa who she was, claiming to be someone who liked the colors of the ginkgo trees and that Billy was her husband. However, Conan recognized Fusae from ten years ago when she decided to give Ran her umbrella after Ran told her she(Ran) forgotten her's on that rainy day and Ran's hiding out at the Gingko trees for now when they meet each other after Fusae asked if Ran was waiting for someone. At first Ran persistent refused because Fusae will get wet but Fusae insisted. Fusae then said when Ran grows up Ran will buys one of purses that Fusae designed in return as repayment towards Fusae. Fusae showed a Gingko leaf towards Ran and said that it's the mark and also Fusae said although she is not famous now she'll try her best. Then they made a pinky promise together about it with Ran agreeing to it. Shinichi was there and witnessed the whole thing. Fusae didn't want to tell Agasa who she was because she thought that the Detective Boys who were with Agasa were his grandchildren and was afraid he would be heart-broken that she had waited for him for forty years. She didn't think Agasa had remembered her, but he revealed he did when Agasa called after her that he still thinks ginkgo leaves are pretty. Fusae wants to return again in ten years, but Billy says that he thinks their next meeting will be much sooner than that.
Agasa thinks about Fusae after the case resolution.
Fusae Campbell, today a successful fashion designer, was Agasa's first love in their childhood years. Because of her half-American heritage she has blond hair, which had made her the target of ridicule among her fellow students and thus made her very shy; she usually wore a large hat to conceal her hair. Right after she found her first love in Agasa, she had to move away, but promised to return every ten year to a special place to meet him again. However, the postcard on which she had placed her clues were too complicated for him to solve and it took him forty years and the help of the Detective Boys to find the place again. While they did not openly talk about their feelings, there is a hint that their relationship is now beginning to grow. In File 950, Professor Agasa makes up an excuse to avoid demonstrating how the Fusae Brand glass was used in the murder. His real reason was he didn't want to further damage something with Fusae's name on it.
Fusae Campbell's Acquaintance. Fusae and Ran met ten years ago prior to the current timeline. While waiting for Hiroshi under the Ginkgo Trees behind Teitan Elementary School, Fusae let Ran borrow her umbrella.
Fusae Campbell's Acquaintance. Billy is a friend of Fusae's non-biological father who accompanied her to Japan when Fusae decided to once again wait for Hiroshi under the Ginkgo Trees.
- The Fusae brand is referenced in other episodes:
- It was on November 24 in the current timeline Ran and Sonoko was in a line to get a new brand name item which was Fusae's limited edition brand name purses where Haibara said it is probably the celebration of Fusae purses being released in Japan in file 410 and episode 421. Ran wallet which is first shown in The Unsolved Cocktail Case.
- A number of Fusae brand items was seen the background of episode 421 while a Fusae Brand bag in file 410 was seen in the background when Genta was talking about why the brand purse so expensive. Haibara mentioned that the brand has both expansive items and a number of cheap items.
- In A Code of Stars and Tobacco, Haibara jokingly demands a Fusae Brand's wallet in exchange for faking pain.
- One of the suspects in Conan and Heiji, Code of Love has a Fusae brand handbag.
- In Just Like a 17 Years Old Crime Scene, glasses made in collaboration with Fusae's accessory brand, which have ginkgo leaves and the letters "FUSAE BRAND" printed on them, are used for a dying message.
- In The High School Girl Trio's Secret Café Conan mentioned that Ran bought a Fusae brand pouch.
- In The Detective Boys in a Grove where Haibara wanted to get a Fusae brand pouch and was seen taking a selfie with it that she sent to Conan phone to show Agasa what she wanted to buy with Agasa shopping coupon. As shown with the Animal Crossing promotional hints for file 939 on 2015-11-19 of the character Diamond that the Fusae brand pouch was referred to that hint.
- In Two Coincidental Successes there is one of Fusae Campbell's wallets and bag.
- In the game Detective Conan: The Dawn Monument Asami Hona was a Fusae brand former model.
- In The Secret of the Search for his Wife Masaki was bringing his wife a Fusae brand gift.
- In the anime the Fusae brand can be heard as the Sai brand instead.
- This is actually the result of mishearing the name Fusae, as when speaking Japanese, it is common to devoice the /i/ and /u/ vowels between voiceless consonants. So in the name /fusae/, because both the /f/ and the /s/ are voiceless consonants, the /u/ vowel between them is devoiced, resulting in a very weak and difficult to notice presence. With the absence of the vowel, the preceding /f/ would be heard as an exhale and not be heard as part of the word, leaving just /sae/, itself easily misheard as /sai/ when spoken fast. The word itself is still being pronounced as /fusae/, and not /sai/.
- She can speak English as shown in episode 422.
- She asked Billy to come to the meeting place (Teitan elementary school gingko trees) every ten years.
- The dog who bite her was her pet but after it bite her she didn't have any pets from them on.
- Fusae is right-handed.
- ^ She was in fourth grade forty years ago. Most fourth graders in Japan are about ten years old making her close to fifty in the current timeline.
- ^ Manga chapter 412
- ^ a b c Manga Volume 40, File 8, Agasa's First Love
- ^ Manga Chapters 410-412: Professor's First Love
- ^ a b c d e Manga Volume 40, File 9
- ^ Episode 422
- ^ File 412
- ^ Manga Volume 40, File 7, pg 6, Agasa's First Love
- ^ a b c Manga Volume 40, File 7, pg 7, Agasa's First Love
- ^ a b Manga Volume 40, File 7, Agasa's First Love