Japanese Intelligence Agencies
- Security Bureau of the National Police Agency
- Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Public Security Bureau
Both have similar roles supervising public security and work closely together. The National Police Agency (NPA) focuses on the national scale and its security bureau (NPA SB) supervises the police security departments in all prefectures except Tokyo prefecture. The Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Public Security Bureau (Tokyo MPD PSB) supervises public security in the Tokyo prefecture.
- Public Security Police (公安警察 Kō'an Keisatsu), also called "Kō'an" (公安) by some, is a common term used to refer to all the police forces and agents whose mission is to maintain public security in Japan, covering from the NPA Security Bureau, to the Tokyo MPD Public Security Bureau, and to other prefectural security bureaus and departments. This is the reason why both Rei Furuya and Scotch are generally called Kō'an Keisatsu/Kō'an, despite technically hailing from separate organizations.
- Public security agents train at the same police academy as ordinary metropolitan police officers.
- ^ DCTP translation: Secret Police
- ^ 公安警察 - Wikipedia:
- ^ Episode 683: The Life-Threatening Broadcast of Love
|Japanese Intelligence Agencies|
|NPA Security Bureau||Rei Furuya (Tooru Amuro)|
|Tokyo MPD Public Security Bureau||Hiromitsu Morofushi (deceased) • Yuya Kazami|
|Manga||Tea Poisoning Murder Case • Elementary Teacher Assault • Scarlet Showdown • Girls Band Murder Case • A song named ASACA|
|Anime||The Tense Tea Party • The Scarlet Return • The Unfriendly Girls Band|
|Movies||The Darkest Nightmare • Zero the Enforcer|
|Related Articles||Tokyo Metropolitan Police • Law Enforcement • Minor law enforcement|