Tokyo Metropolitan Police
|This article contains significant spoilers about secret identities and character allegiances. It is likely you will be spoiled if you have not read all the manga released to date. To find out what pages will be safe for you to read, please consult our wiki spoiler policy.|
- 1 Members
- 2 Organization structure and divisions
- 3 Public Security Bureau
- 4 Plot timeline
- 5 Relationships analysis
- 6 See also
- 7 External Links
- 8 References
- Juzo Megure: Police Inspector (Rank 6)
- Wataru Takagi: Police Sergeant (Rank 8)
- Miwako Sato: Assistant Inspector (Rank 7) 
- Ninzaburo Shiratori: Police Inspector (Rank 6), promoted during the series from Assistant Inspector (Rank 7)
- Kazunobu Chiba: Police Sergeant (Rank 8)
- Kiyonaga Matsumoto: Senior Superintendent (Rank 4), formerly Superintendent (Rank 5)
- Hyoue Kuroda: Superintendent (Rank 5)
- Chosuke Takagi: Police Inspector (Rank 6)
- Manabu Fujimaki: Police Inspector (Rank 6)
- Toshiro Odagiri: Chief Superintendent (Rank 3)
- Tadayoshi Uno: Senior Superintendent (Rank 4)
Criminal Affairs (Division 2)
- Yumi Miyamoto: Assistant Inspector (Rank 7)
- Naeko Miike: Police Sergeant (Rank 8)
- Officer Numata
Theft (Division 3)
- Hakuba: Superintendent General (Rank 1).
- Toshio Moroboshi: Deputy Superintendent General (Rank 2).
- Detective Kobayashi
- Detective Yokoyama
- Detective Yamamoto
- Detective Ida
- Detective Takigawa
- Detective Nakamura
- Detective Fukui
- Detective Kawanaka
- Detective Saitoh
- Detective Horita
- Detective Takano: Assistant Inspector (Rank 7)
- Detective Sogawa
- Detective Sugita
- Detective Okumura
- Detective Hirota
Killed in action
- Jinpei Matsuda (previously in Division 1, Homicide and before that Explosive Ordnance Disposal)
- Kenji Hagiwara (previously in Explosive Ordnance Disposal)
- Masayoshi Sato (previously in Division 1, Homicide): Senior Superintendent (Rank 4)
- Wataru Date (previously in Division 1, Homicide)
- Hiromitsu Morofushi (previously in Public Security Bureau)
Organization structure and divisions
Note: This table does not include minor police officers who have only appeared in one case, unless they have important ranks (e.g. Deputy Superintendent General).
* These characters are not considered to be canon.
Public Security Bureau
The Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Public Security Bureau (PSB) (警視庁公安部 Keishichō-kōanbu) is a bureau of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department in charge of public security with jurisdiction over Tokyo metropolis. It is one of the Japanese intelligence agencies featured in Detective Conan, and works closely with the National Police Agency Security Bureau to investigate and undermine the Black Organization.
At some unknown point in the past, the PSB sent a police officer to infiltrate the organization, who eventually earned the code-name Scotch. Scotch keeps close contact with Rei Furuya, another undercover agent from the NPA Security Bureau. However, Scotch's identity as a spy was ultimately found out by the Black Organization. When he was confronted by Shuichi Akai, who was also infiltrating the organization on behalf of the FBI at the same time, Scotch attempted to steal Shuichi's gun to commit suicide and destroy his phone which contains sensitive data, but was stopped as Shuichi revealed his true affiliation to him. However, at that moment, a worried Rei quickly arrived at the scene and Scotch mistook his ally's approaching footsteps for those of a Black Organization member. He then pulled the trigger and shot himself along with the phone. Shuichi, not knowing of Rei's true identity at the time, picked up the gun and made it look like he had killed Scotch himself. Because of this, Rei still blames Shuichi and the FBI for Scotch's death.
So far, it appears that the PSB is one of the few, if not the only bureau in the entire Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department to learn of the Black Organization's existence. The ordinary police force who are dealing with regular crimes don't seem to be aware of the PSB's work or about the Black Organization at all such as when they did not react to Gin and Vodka's presence in the first episode.
Death of Jinpei Matsuda
Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story
The "Scar" arc
Kogoro often finds himself randomly meddling in police affairs, even though he is now a retired officer who owns his own private detective agency.
Wataru Takagi and Miwako Sato
Ninzaburo Shiratori and Sumiko Kobayashi
Kazunobu Chiba and Naeko Miike
Shukichi Haneda and Yumi Miyamoto
- ^ Volume 1, Chapter 1, Page 19
- ^ Volume 33, File 2, Page 17
- ^ Volume 33, File 2, Page 15
- ^ Movie 1
- ^ Volume 21, File 9, Page 5; file 209
- ^ a b Episode 805: Conan and Ebizo's Kabuki Juhachiban Mystery (Part 2)
- ^ Volume 87, File 920, Page 16
- ^ Volume 8, File 8, Page 9; File 78
- ^ Volume 87, File 920, Page 16
- ^ Inferred: he is Megure's senior, Matsumoto's subordinate, and mobile enough to transfer to Tottori but high enough to represent MPD HQ. Volume 44: File 4, Page 13; File 4, Page 5; and File 6, Page 18, respectively
- ^ Movie 13.
- ^ Movie 14.
- ^ Volume 39, File 2, Page 8
- ^ Volume 16, File 7, Page 8; File 157
- ^ Volume 16, File 6, Page 10; File 156
- ^ File 847, Page 2: Referred as Keibu-ho by Naeko.
- ^ Volume 71: File 2, Page 14: her police insignia has three bars.
- ^ Volume 66, File 07, Page 2
- ^ Magic Kaito Volume 3, Chapter 2, Page 10.
- ^ Movie 6, 11:39.
- ^ Volume 27, File 4, Page 7; File 267
- ^ Chosuke Takagi is presumed to be Inspector rank because he is Megure's senior by two years, yet Matsumoto speaks of him subordinately, and he is mobile enough to be transferred to Tottori but high enough to represent MPD HQ C.I. in Tottori.