The Spark That Fell on the Ranch
Amuro get a call from Kazami, who says that he is being trapped in a room, where there is a corpse lying on the bed. Amuro decides to help Kazami.
Later, the Detective Boys along with Kobayashi dan Wakasa are on the bus heading to Hatoyama Farm. They plan to get a new chicken for the school, replacing the old one that just died. On the bus, there are three other people who also heading for Hatoyama Farm. One of them is watching a video and Mitsuhiko tries to find out about the video. Suddenly, the man gets angry and grabs Mitsuhiko's hand, asking him to erase the video. Fortunately, Amuro is also on the bus, and successfully resolves the situation.
Arriving at Hatoyama Farm, they find out that there is no one in the office. There is no chicken left in the ranch, and there is a huge hole in the side of the ranch.
While some people go to the toilet, Ayumi sees a chicken wandering around. She plans to tell Conan, but he is talking to Amuro, so she decides to quietly chase the chicken. When everybody gathers again, they realize that Ayumi is missing. They later divides into two groups: Kobayashi with Conan, Mitsuhiko, and Amuro, while Wakasa go with Haibara and Genta. When the others start searching, Amuro finds a bishop shogi piece on the ground, which he feels he has seen it before.
Ayumi manages to catch the chicken, but then found herself in the woods. There are lots of burnt branches and a weird trail on ground, along with the tree being wrapped with something. Someone then approaches Ayumi.
Conan, Mitsuhiko, Amuro, and Kobayashi later meet Umisuke Hatoyama, the younger brother of Hatoyama Farm manager Gisuke Hatoyama. He admits that he saw Ayumi, but in fact she is being held hostage by Umisuke himself. He asks them to throw out their cellphone and follows his direction. Umisuke then locks them in the basement. They later finds Kazami and the corpse.
The dead man is Gisuke Hatoyama, and Conan deduces that he committed suicide. The evidence is there is no sign that he resisted when he got strangled, and his shoes are located near the desk. Kazami says that the chair was not knocked down, and there is a leather bootprints, which suggest that Umisuke, who is wearing leather boots, discovered Gisuke's body, and stood on the chair to bring the bosy down.
Using detective badge, Conan warns Haibara, Genta, and Wakasa about Umisuke, and asks them to call the police. Suddenly, Umisuke appears, along with two other people from the same bus. Umisuke tells the two people that his brother is in the hospital ,and that he got a message to go to a certain spot on the mountain. They also decide to find the other person.
After Umisuke and the other leave, Rumi plans to use her phone to call the police, when Genta notices that there is a hole in her butt pocket. Wakasa then realizes that there is something missing. Genta then mentions about Amuro picking something earlier. Later, Wakasa's phone slipped from her hands, and falls into a bucket of water.
Meanwhile, Amuro examines the shogi piece he found. When Kazami metions about Shukichi defended his title, Amuro realized that the shogi piece is the lost Kohji Haneda's shogi piece, and he wonders if the killer of Kohji is at the ranch.
Later, Haibara tries to open the door to the office, but it is locked. Wakasa then suddenly falls down, while also breaking the window. Ayumi then wakes up, and she tells Conan what she saw.
Conan deduces that the three men come to the farm to find a meteorite, while Amuro deduces their job based on their behavior. Meanwhile, Haibara, Genta, and Wakasa, using a handmade lamp, find some documents on the floor, and there is a broken yellow highlighter above of it. Someone has stepped on the highlighter, leaving some footprints nearby. They also find two rocks that perfectly fit each other. However, by using the compass, the rock is not a meteorite, but an ordinary rock that got colored.
When Genta finds some magnets on the desk, Kazami then deduces that Gisuke found the meteorite and had it appraised by an expert. however, the expert said that it was an ordinary rock. They got into argument and the expert decided to ignore him, unaware that they stepped on the highlighter. After realizing that he had been scammed, Gisuke killed himself.
Conan then deduces that the main goal of Umisuke is to get revenge on the person who drove Gisuke to suicide. When Ayumi says that the trees she saw was wrapped with something long and skinny, Conan and Amuro realizes that those are some explosives Umisuke had stolen, and he plans to lure the three suspects to the location so that he can kill them.
Manga to anime changes
- The scenes and dialogues from the manga is removed in the anime:
- Haibara's explanation about chicken's life span, along with Genta line's that it is not even a year since they are first grader.
- Amuro's explanation of why he didn't tell the situation at first, and Kazami apologizing for taking action by himself.
- Kazami, Kobayashi, and Mitsuhiko's reaction when Conan told them that Gisuke hanged himself next to the desk in the room.
- Shukichi background appearance when Kazami told Amuro about him.
- Haibara's line about there is nothing in the storage room.
- Haibara's line that the computer in the office have password.
- Junya calling out if there is anyone in the woods.
- Conan's explanation about the blacklight mechanism.
- Umisuke telling the suspects that they almost arrive at the place where the meteorite could be found.
- Conan's explanation that Umisuke scattered the burnt tree branches and dug the long ditch to lure the culprit.
- In the manga, Amuro's camo jacket has some design on the upper half. In the anime, it is just a solid color.
- In the manga, Gisuke's hair was black. The anime changes his hair color to grey, making him looked older.
- There is a flashback of this case in The Case of Ayumi's Illustrated Diary 3.
- The name of the suspects come from livestock:
- Jun'ya Hitsuka (日塚 順哉) comes from "Hitsuji" (羊), meaning "sheep";
- Takeshi Nanbu (南武 敬) comes from "Buta" (豚), meaning "pig";
- Shougo Kanou (加納 昭吾) comes from "Ushi" (牛, うし), meaning "cow" ("Kanou, かのう" ends with "u, う" and "Shougo, しょうご" starts with "shi, し");
- Umisuke Hatoyama (鳩山 海輔) comes from "Uma" (馬), meaning "horse" (Umisuke starts with "U" and Hatoyama ends with "ma");
- Gisuke Hatoyama (鳩山 義輔) comes from "Yagi" (山羊), meaning "goat" (Hatoyama contains "ya" and Gisuke starts with "gi").
In other languages
|French (Subbed)||Des braises tombées sur une ferme||The fire sparks fell on a farm|
|Vietnamese||Mồi lửa rơi xuống trang trại|
- ^ "Mysterious Colors 青山先生のもじり方【９１巻～１００巻】". http://mysteriouscolors.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-24.html. Retrieved on 2022-10-02.
|Episodes of Season 31|
|1000 • 1001 • 1002 • 1003 • 1004 • 1005 • 1006 • 1007 • 1008 • 1009 • 1010 • 1011 • 1012 • 1013 • 1014 • 1015 • 1016 • 1017 • 1018 • 1019 • 1020 • 1021 • 1022 • 1023 • 1024 • 1025 • 1026 • 1027 • 1028 • 1029 • 1030 • 1031 • 1032 • 1033 • 1034 • 1035 • 1036 • 1037 • 1038 • 1039 • 1040 • 1041 • 1042 • 1043 • 1044 • 1045 • 1046 • 1047 • 1048 • 1049 • 1050 • 1051 • 1052 • 1053 • 1054 • 1055 • 1056 • 1057 • 1058 • 1059 • 1060 • 1061 • 1062 • 1063 • 1064 • 1065 • 1066 • 1067 • 1068 • 1069 • 1070 • 1071 • 1072 • 1073 • 1074 • 1075 • 1076 • R133 • 1077 • 1078 • 1079 • 1080 • 1081 • 1082 • 1083 • 1084 • 1085 • 1086 • 1087 • 1088 • 1089 • 1090 • 1091 • 1092 • 1093 • 1094 • 1095 • 1096 • 1097 • 1098 • 1099|