Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

Ahaha, you're far too kind. I'm not comfortable accepting your hard work without offering anything in return. Plus I haven't touched my games for a while, so they'd also be sitting idle in my games if I were to accept them, lol. 

Oh geez, most of the people in your school took the BC exam? Most of the people in our school ended up taking the AB exam, haha. Self-studying stuff like polar coordinates and Taylor series seems quite difficult, I'm not gonna lie. Kudos to them for being able to do that--though I can't help but wonder why they didn't just take BC in the first place, lol. I think you're one of the only people I know who thought the AB exam was not as bad as what you originally anticipated. Most of my AB friends said that they crashed and burned on the free response. Glad to hear that it went well for you!

I have no idea what we're doing in our English class after APs are over. One of the other teachers is letting the students read Hamlet, but I don't think our teacher has anything like that planned .-.

However, my life is going to be freaking great after I'm done with APs. The only thing I'll have to worry about is the upcoming standardized tests I'm planning on taking. Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop.

I haven't read Pride and Prejudice yet, though I probably should sometime soon, haha.

--

OMM: I managed to take solid naps in a few of my AP classes and it was the greatest thing.

Hard work?  Eheh, most of my shinies were obtained via luck.  Hrmph, you're a stubborn one aren't you?  Well, it's no good arguing about it now I guess, since we don't have any way of trading with each other.  Those poor Pokemon will just continue to sit in the PC...

I don't know why everyone took the BC exam either.  I think it was mainly peer pressure.  Because Calc classes are taken by juniors and seniors, the really talented and ambitious juniors decide to take BC, which pressures seniors who don't want to look bad to self study for the BC as well, which make less-ambitious juniors in turn jump on the band wagon.  It was actually a pretty nasty cycle, so ultimately the BC:AB ratio was about 2:1.  I'd wager to guess that only a third to half of those that took the BC exam even took the class.  Those who were self studying all used the excuse "There's going to be an AB subscore, so whatevs" and walked out of the test thinking "I had no idea what I was doing..."  It's like they all went full Hideaki Anno.

hqdefault.jpg

Oh well, high schoolers will be high schoolers...

I really hope you can get some well deserved rest once APs are done!  Actually, with those naps you've been taking, I guess you have been! 

Pride and Prejudice was one of the summer reading books for AP Lit, along with Handmaid's Tale.  I didn't think it was all that impressive, mainly because Handmaid's Tale blew me out of the water and because there were two characters in there that raised my blood pressure every time I saw their name on paper (and no, not in a good way).  They're just as bad in the movie.  "Classics" rarely ever rub me the right way, not too sure why.  The only classic I've ever loved reading was Tale of Two Cities.

--

OMM: Watched Big Hero 6 today, because who needs to study for AP Bio when you can just watch a movie about exaggeratedly fake science, right???  (I just came for the Japanese aspects, honestly)  Anywhoo, playtime's over.  Now that I've recharged it's time to get back to studying...

OMM 1: started We Can Be Heroes

...this is gonna be a hit or miss show isn't it

OMM 2: I just realized that the word for "goodbye" in German, "auf wiedersehen", translated word for word is "to see again"

tumblr_m42rn8fMPF1r58lid.jpg....that's really cute

OMM 3: the weekend's over orz

OMM 1: started We Can Be Heroes

...this is gonna be a hit or miss show isn't it

OMM 2: I just realized that the word for "goodbye" in German, "auf wiedersehen", translated word for word is "to see again"

tumblr_m42rn8fMPF1r58lid.jpg....that's really cute

OMM 3: the weekend's over orz

The second one is so cute indeed :3

OMM: Chocolate pudding is so nice ^v^

OMM: I never have to take another AP test in my life, so I'd love to be celebrating right now but I have a calc quiz first thing in the morning tomorrow and I missed today's lesson, soo...

Arigatou gozaimasu, sensei~

1T1lFjw.gif

---

OMM 2: Wow, slow day on DCW, huh?

Was having a pretty boring Monday and was going to hit the sack early tonight, when literally one minute ago I received confirmation e-mail that my Marth amiibo has just shipped and is slated to arrive on Thursday!!  Oh geez, the countdown to when I can hold him in my hands begins!

Edited by Akazora

OMM 1: finished We Can Be Heroes

well that was.... vulgar. I'm surprised this show isn't American. And my favorite character that was the least controversial of all of them died at the end.

Started Summer Heights High hoping it would be a least slightly less offensive. And it was until episode 4.. oh dear, no group is safe from this guy he's crapping on literally everyone goddamn

​

OMM 2: there's a chrome extension that plays different Animal Crossing music from any of the games according to what time it is. It even plays KK Slider songs on Saturday nights after 10pm

tumblr_m42roxDKji1r58lid.gif

don't get me wrong new leaf's great and all but the city folk man...

OMM 1: finished We Can Be Heroes

well that was.... vulgar. I'm surprised this show isn't American. And my favorite character that was the least controversial of all of them died at the end.

Started Summer Heights High hoping it would be a least slightly less offensive. And it was until episode 4.. oh dear, no group is safe from this guy he's crapping on literally everyone goddamn

​

OMM 2: there's a chrome extension that plays different Animal Crossing music from any of the games according to what time it is. It even plays KK Slider songs on Saturday nights after 10pm

tumblr_m42roxDKji1r58lid.gif

don't get me wrong new leaf's great and all but the city folk man...

OMM: machine, if you had posted earlier I wouldn't have had to edit my previous OMM, sigh...

Also, you've been missing from the Anime-This-Season Discussion Thread recently and you're the only one on here that I believe watches currently airing anime.  I can only keep it alive virtually by myself for so long.  Tanomu!

tumblr_m4k6wrP54I1qfa797o1_500.gif

OMM: machine, if you had posted earlier I wouldn't have had to edit my previous OMM, sigh...

Also, you've been missing from the Anime-This-Season Discussion Thread recently and you're the only one on here that I believe watches currently airing anime. I can only keep it alive virtually by myself for so long. Tanomu!

tumblr_m4k6wrP54I1qfa797o1_500.gif

srrytumblr_m42quperIZ1r58lid.jpg

it has been fairly quiet though. Once summer starts I'm guessing it'll either get more active even if only slightly.

I've been meaning to post something there but I kept forgetting! I'll post over there once I get caught up in Assassination Classroom and Shokugeki no Soma. I'm only an episode behind in both of those so I'll probably get to it sometime tomorrow tumblr_m42qwwyvVm1r58lid.gif

--------------

OMM:

irl friend - hey whats the they/them in your bio mean?

*doesn't want to do this now*

abort mission abort abort abort abort abort abort abort abort abort abort abort

bWVCnqt.gif

I don't know why everyone took the BC exam either.  I think it was mainly peer pressure.  Because Calc classes are taken by juniors and seniors, the really talented and ambitious juniors decide to take BC, which pressures seniors who don't want to look bad to self study for the BC as well, which make less-ambitious juniors in turn jump on the band wagon.  It was actually a pretty nasty cycle, so ultimately the BC:AB ratio was about 2:1.  I'd wager to guess that only a third to half of those that took the BC exam even took the class.  Those who were self studying all used the excuse "There's going to be an AB subscore, so whatevs" and walked out of the test thinking "I had no idea what I was doing..."  It's like they all went full Hideaki Anno.

hqdefault.jpg

Oh well, high schoolers will be high schoolers...

I really hope you can get some well deserved rest once APs are done!  Actually, with those naps you've been taking, I guess you have been! 

Pride and Prejudice was one of the summer reading books for AP Lit, along with Handmaid's Tale.  I didn't think it was all that impressive, mainly because Handmaid's Tale blew me out of the water and because there were two characters in there that raised my blood pressure every time I saw their name on paper (and no, not in a good way).  They're just as bad in the movie.  "Classics" rarely ever rub me the right way, not too sure why.  The only classic I've ever loved reading was Tale of Two Cities.

--

OMM: Watched Big Hero 6 today, because who needs to study for AP Bio when you can just watch a movie about exaggeratedly fake science, right???  (I just came for the Japanese aspects, honestly)  Anywhoo, playtime's over.  Now that I've recharged it's time to get back to studying...

I think most of the people in AB at our school wouldn't be crazy enough to take the BC exam out of peer pressure. If you're taking AB, you may as well take the AB exam. If these AB people are taking the BC exam instead, why didn't they just take the BC class then? Torturing themselves for the sake of pride? I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around this, haha. The BC:AB ratio at our school is probably 1:2--which is expected, I guess, lol. Does this "cycle" normally happen at your school every year?

Ahaha, contrary to what I believed before, I don't think I'm going to be able to get a break for a while. I have my AP Bio final exam next week (dear god, why), I have to catch up on physics (since I missed a lot of material for APs), I still need to study for my subject tests (asdlfhjsdkfhjdkgjf), and I still have a bit of make up homework to do. Thank goodness our calc teacher is able to empathize with the students, and isn't planning on assigning us much work to do. I'm exhausted and pretty drained from AP week(s), and that AP Bio final exam our teacher pulled out of thin air really caught me off guard. In fact, I've been so unmotivated lately that I decided to push back doing my English homework to 3am a few days ago because I couldn't find the motivation or energy to do it. I was nowhere near this wearied sophomore year. My brain is fried.

Huh, I'm too sure about our summer reading since the AP Lit teachers are letting us choose some books to read from a list they give us. When my sister was still in high school, Catch-22 was still on there. I was really forward to reading it over the summer but it got taken down :c

And surprisingly, Pride and Prejudice isn't on the list.

I never really enjoyed "Classics" either, so I'm a bit surprised that you actually liked loved A Tale of Two Cities. We were forced to read that back in 8th grade and I absolutely hated it (I think only one or two of my friends genuinely enjoyed it). I was bored to tears and I couldn't keep myself awake while reading it, ahahahaha...

1984 was probably one of the only classics that made an impression on me. I can list a few others that were okay, but were not very memorable (Gatsby being one of the most recent). However, I can also list a bunch of classics that I couldn't stand (I won't waste my time typing them out).

Dangit, I actually wanted to watch Big Hero 6, haha. A lot of my friends seemed to like the movie a lot so I'm planning to make room for it over the summer.

--

OMM: Good freaking riddance to junior year AP tests. You will not be missed.

'till we meet again next year 10/10 would not experience again

I fell asleep around 8pm knowing I had homework, set an alarm for 10pm, woke up but ultimately ignored the alarm, fall back asleep, and didn't actually wake up until 2am tumblr_m42qzrJMNM1r58lid.jpg

at least the homework I have left is easy sighs

I think most of the people in AB at our school wouldn't be crazy enough to take the BC exam out of peer pressure. If you're taking AB, you may as well take the AB exam. If these AB people are taking the BC exam instead, why didn't they just take the BC class then? Torturing themselves for the sake of pride? I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around this, haha. The BC:AB ratio at our school is probably 1:2--which is expected, I guess, lol. Does this "cycle" normally happen at your school every year?

Ahaha, contrary to what I believed before, I don't think I'm going to be able to get a break for a while. I have my AP Bio final exam next week (dear god, why), I have to catch up on physics (since I missed a lot of material for APs), I still need to study for my subject tests (asdlfhjsdkfhjdkgjf), and I still have a bit of make up homework to do. Thank goodness our calc teacher is able to empathize with the students, and isn't planning on assigning us much work to do. I'm exhausted and pretty drained from AP week(s), and that AP Bio final exam our teacher pulled out of thin air really caught me off guard. In fact, I've been so unmotivated lately that I decided to push back doing my English homework to 3am a few days ago because I couldn't find the motivation or energy to do it. I was nowhere near this wearied sophomore year. My brain is fried.

Huh, I'm too sure about our summer reading since the AP Lit teachers are letting us choose some books to read from a list they give us. When my sister was still in high school, Catch-22 was still on there. I was really forward to reading it over the summer but it got taken down :c

And surprisingly, Pride and Prejudice isn't on the list.

I never really enjoyed "Classics" either, so I'm a bit surprised that you actually liked loved A Tale of Two Cities. We were forced to read that back in 8th grade and I absolutely hated it (I think only one or two of my friends genuinely enjoyed it). I was bored to tears and I couldn't keep myself awake while reading it, ahahahaha...

1984 was probably one of the only classics that made an impression on me. I can list a few others that were okay, but were not very memorable (Gatsby being one of the most recent). However, I can also list a bunch of classics that I couldn't stand (I won't waste my time typing them out).

Dangit, I actually wanted to watch Big Hero 6, haha. A lot of my friends seemed to like the movie a lot so I'm planning to make room for it over the summer.

--

OMM: Good freaking riddance to junior year AP tests. You will not be missed.

'till we meet again next year 10/10 would not experience again

(We are hijacking this thread Kenzi, and very soon we will have it completely under our control, much like the Video Game thread...  wut's wrong with us??  I'll try diverting some of this stuff into the the other topic, just to clear up some clutter.)

I'm not sure if this craziness happens every year, since I didn't know enough seniors last year to get a full picture, but I guess my school can get pretty competitive.  Not openly competitive or even intentionally competitive, but the subconscious of my classmates really does show itself during times like these.

[AP and summer reading to be addressed at a later date]

Oh geez, it's not a good idea to read AToTC so early.  Goddamn, what was your school thinking?  I personally feel it would be a waste to have 8th graders read it, since the language is really dense.  Heck, as much as I enjoyed it last year as a junior, I don't think I would have liked it nearly as much even just a year earlier as a sophomore.  I do recommend you read it again now that you're older, if you have the time of course.  The overarching plot's been spoiled, but at the very least you'll be able to appreciate the linguistics.  Ah well, I can't say I didn't ruin some potentially good reads for myself either.  I read Brave New World in 7th grade (on my own, without the aid of a teacher) and I didn't understand a lick of it.  Silly, arrogant 13 year old me, thinking I could handle a book like that, hahahah.

I never read 1984, but I felt Great Gatsy by kinda bleh.  Read it twice and still wasn't able to come around to liking it.  Ohh, and I guess The Little Prince constitutes as a classic, and I really liked that one, too.

Big Hero 6 was alright, don't expect too much from it.  You're not missing out on much if you don't watch it, apart from really nice animation I guess.

-- 

OMM: Wooohhhoooo Marth actually arrived on time today!!  (Thanks USPS, you finally got it right.)

Edited by Akazora

Can we just get this thing over and done with already?

2: Of course he retconned everything! AH is just anormal person who gets psycho with stories and deaths and programming sometimes.

OMM: Spent prom night playing video games and watching anime alone. #thuglife

xwz72B2.gif

(seriously though, I'm so behind on Pokemon Y, today was a good day)

OMM: Spent prom night playing video games and watching anime alone. #thuglife

xwz72B2.gif

(seriously though, I'm so behind on Pokemon Y, today was a good day)

Haha, bruh, you were just like me :P I ditched my high school prom and just stayed at home all night

OMM 1: I found out the hotel we're staying at over the weekend for my sister's graduation doesn't have a hot tub. I was looking forward to that all week too tumblr_m42quycKpl1r58lid.gif

OMM 2: one of my favorite artists from tumblr, and someone I've wanted to befriend for the longest time, followed me back on twitter tumblr_m42rkuCJ4W1r58lid.gif

OMM 3: must... not... get behind in... airing anime. . . .. .