Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

(We are hijacking this thread Kenzi, and very soon we will have it completely under our control, much like the Video Game thread...  wut's wrong with us??  I'll try diverting some of this stuff into the the other topic, just to clear up some clutter.)

I'm not sure if this craziness happens every year, since I didn't know enough seniors last year to get a full picture, but I guess my school can get pretty competitive.  Not openly competitive or even intentionally competitive, but the subconscious of my classmates really does show itself during times like these.

[AP and summer reading to be addressed at a later date]

Oh geez, it's not a good idea to read AToTC so early.  Goddamn, what was your school thinking?  I personally feel it would be a waste to have 8th graders read it, since the language is really dense.  Heck, as much as I enjoyed it last year as a junior, I don't think I would have liked it nearly as much even just a year earlier as a sophomore.  I do recommend you read it again now that you're older, if you have the time of course.  The overarching plot's been spoiled, but at the very least you'll be able to appreciate the linguistics.  Ah well, I can't say I didn't ruin some potentially good reads for myself either.  I read Brave New World in 7th grade (on my own, without the aid of a teacher) and I didn't understand a lick of it.  Silly, arrogant 13 year old me, thinking I could handle a book like that, hahahah.

I never read 1984, but I felt Great Gatsy by kinda bleh.  Read it twice and still wasn't able to come around to liking it.  Ohh, and I guess The Little Prince constitutes as a classic, and I really liked that one, too.

ahahaha, it's way too easy for me to rant go off on tangents, gomen, eheh... 

I don't see any "gain" that would happen with this competition of theirs, but whatever floats their boat, I guess, lol. 

I'm not gonna lie--I struggled getting through the book during 8th grade, and I felt pretty empty after I finished it. It gave me a bad impression and I'm a bit hesitant to pick it up again. But no matter. I'll take your word for it and I'll consider reading AToTC the summer after senior year. I have a huge backlog of books I want to get through first, heh.

1984 made me rethink some things, especially the tactics used to manipulate citizens. The classic 2+2=5 highlights lack of psychological independence, and I could go on and on about some of my favorite quotes from the novel, but I'd rather not spoil or bore you to death, haha. It's easily one of my favorite classics that I've read so far. Yup, definitely didn't see what was so Great about Gatsby (ucwutididthar?). It felt like a pretty average novel to me. I've never read The Little Prince before, but I've seen my friends reading the French version for their French classes. 

Ehh, I really don't watch those gaming videos that much. I'd rather go and play games myself than watching someone else play it, haha.

I never watch others play video games unless I've already played it myself.  And even then, I never watch PewDiePie or Markiplier, since they don't play things like Smash and Pokemon competitively.

Personally, I watch Let's Plays mainly for the commentary and not necessarily for the game. Michael from RoosterTeeth (better known from his Rage Quit videos NSFW) is a prime example of why I sometimes love watching commentary. PewDiePie and Markiplier's humor is too forced so I rarely watch them.

And yeah, while I do see your point in wanting to play the games yourself, if you can't get a hold of a certain game for whatever reason, your next best option is to watch someone play it with hilarious commentary, haha.

And yeah, while I do see your point in wanting to play the games yourself, if you can't get a hold of a certain game for whatever reason, your next best option is to watch someone play it with hilarious commentary, haha.

That makes sense. Kinda hard to find someone making commentaries with a good sense of humor though. Heck, when I'm gonna watch someone playing it, I'd rather they don't have commentaries. Just straight to business.

@Uncle Sporkum - I guess that's why it's not getting any attention. I doubt anyone will be interested listening to voice-overs. Well, unless your handsome as fuck and you're gonna include your a video of your face while in session.

OMM 1: on the last page of my English packet there was a congratulatory message haha

OMM 2: I found out today that my summer break's actually gonna be a month long \o/ I thought it was going to be like my spring break which was 2 weeks long 

Haha, I've heard alot about Cryaotic from Pewds' videos and the other two I mentioned so I might check this youtuber out someday. Dunno when tho xD Coz the three already gives me enough dose of entertainment :P

There are like hundred of let's play Youtubers on my list that I wanna check out :P

Yeah there's quite a few other let's players I want to look into as well but there's just so many it's hard to know where to start. 

With Cryaotic though, (imo) highlights from his weekly livestreams are the best  :lol:

ahahaha, it's way too easy for me to rant go off on tangents, gomen, eheh... 

I'm not gonna lie--I struggled getting through the book during 8th grade, and I felt pretty empty after I finished it. It gave me a bad impression and I'm a bit hesitant to pick it up again. But no matter. I'll take your word for it and I'll consider reading AToTC the summer after senior year. I have a huge backlog of books I want to get through first, heh.

1984 made me rethink some things, especially the tactics used to manipulate citizens. The classic 2+2=5 highlights lack of psychological independence, and I could go on and on about some of my favorite quotes from the novel, but I'd rather not spoil or bore you to death, haha. It's easily one of my favorite classics that I've read so far. Yup, definitely didn't see what was so Great about Gatsby (ucwutididthar?). It felt like a pretty average novel to me. I've never read The Little Prince before, but I've seen my friends reading the French version for their French classes. 

Personally, I watch Let's Plays mainly for the commentary and not necessarily for the game. Michael from RoosterTeeth (better known from his Rage Quit videos NSFW) is a prime example of why I sometimes love watching commentary. PewDiePie and Markiplier's humor is too forced so I rarely watch them.

No need to apologize.  I don't mind at all, and I don't think we've broken any forum rules (okay, maybe we have in the other thread...)

You don't have to force yourself to read it again if you don't want to and/or don't have the time, haha.  If there was a good movie adaptation, I would recommend that, but from what I've seen nothing can do the book justice.  If only a Tale of Two Cities movie was made in the same style as the 2012 Les Miserables movie, it would have been something worthy checking out.

Hrm, I may have to get around to 1984 then.  Don't know why I never got the chance to read it during high school.  And yes, isawwutudidthar, haha.  The Little Princess is a really quick but worthwhile read.  I think it took me a little under two hours to read it all, so if you have time for a movie but don't want to watch a movie and happen to have a spare copy of the book lying around, hunker down for a little bit and finish it in one sitting.  It's best experienced that way, haha.

Ah, I see.  I used to watch the Angry Video Game Nerd a lot back before he started doing other stuff with his videos, mainly because he purposely goes out of his way to play crappy retro games, ones I would never have played or heard of otherwise.  The commentary was pretty good, though I haven't seen his videos in ages so I'm not sure how they hold up today.  His oldest video was uploaded 9 years ago, haha.  I guess I'm also cool with watching plot-less games like Smash, Mario Kart, and Splatoon and have people commentate, because it doesn't really detract from the experience.  Rush Hour Smash does a pretty good job with that, if you're at all into the competitive side of Smash.  But if it's something plot based like a visual novel, I steer clear.  Commentary hurts those games more so than any other, and not to mention there are spoilery thumbnails all over YouTube.  If I can't get my hands on one of those games to experience personally and individually, emulator or otherwise, I refuse to experience it all.  I'd rather completely miss out on an experience than have it delivered to me in an adulterated state.  Heh, in general I'm just not the biggest fan of full out Let's Plays.  Eheheh, I probably sound like a snob, but like anime, a video game is an expressive form of entertainment that needs to be appreciated like a good book or movie: alone and at your own pace.

Anywhooooo...

OMM1: Stayed up so late last night working on my project, that when I finally finished and had the urge to stargaze because it was a cloudless night, the sky was already starting to light back up......

OMM2: PIXELS looks so bad and so good at the same time.  I'm probably going to check it out when it releases.

On My Mind: Watching Pewds play the Walking Dead game for straight 7 hours... Wut is life?! :P

And I thought I had no life when I played Skyrim for five hours straight. :|

OMM - Mega account's halfway full. :/

And I thought I had no life when I played Skyrim for five hours straight. :|

OMM - Mega account's halfway full. :/

Man, if you're enjoying the thing you're doing, well you have a life.

Yeah there's quite a few other let's players I want to look into as well but there's just so many it's hard to know where to start. 

With Cryaotic though, (imo) highlights from his weekly livestreams are the best  :lol:

Haha, true that.

I really love this youtubers who do livestreams with the fans and such. :3

On My Mind: Welp, done watching all. Walking Dead game, what can I say... it's one of those unique games. Haha. I think I really wanna play it myself.

OMM 1: why is eating leftover cake batter the thing I look forward to the most rather than the cake itself 

why is it so satisfying

---------------------------------

(edit) OMM 2:

*before midnight* tumblr_m42qz8zkyF1r58lid.jpg

*refreshes page after midnight* tumblr_m42qxiEFWT1r58lid.gif

tumblr_noqhg9qF8R1qivk0so1_400.jpg

OMM: Aside from my parents discussing politics (one's a democrat and the other's a republic so you can imagine how those discussions go...) during the car ride  home today my bday was pretty nice. The highlights of the day were probably that my sister got me a cat yearbook, I'm getting a new mattress \o/, and that my friend sent me a couple videos of cats in party hats tumblr_m42rkciWcq1r58lid.png

OMM1: 8 days left until school ends TT^TT Hate the summer...

OMM2: Is eating 2 pounds of hot Cheetos and a strawberry ice cream bar each night even healthy?

OMM 1- How my father will react after me receiving my class 12 results * I want to hide somewhere*

OMM 2- When this humid accompanying hot weather will vanish and bring a comfortable temperature

On my mind: I wanna watch anime, but I don't know what to watch. );

On my other mind: Can't wait for dinner.

On my last mind: ...

*Ehem* watch Kekkai Sensen......

(I wish I had as many minds as you)

Last week before summer vacations, 3 tests, 3 seminars, 2 record checkings, 2 vivas, only 6 days.

Then a summer vacation of 7 days.

FML.

O.O thank God,I won't be doctor :P

And I'm sorry Eden *pats*