Detective Conan World
Wicky

Desktop or Laptop?

Desktop or Laptop?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Desktop or laptop?

wow, many people use laptop O_O, suprise, you all hate tablet O+O =P

When a tablet is more powerful than a desktop, then I'll use it. Until then... :P

And guys seriously? Arguing over people using laptops in school? In high school/sixth form I think its fine. There's people in my classes who are dyslexic and "can't write" (they can write, I assure you. I would say that there handwriting's not the neatest, but how are they going to get better not practising?

I hope you're not disapproving of me. I was merely replying, and I was in favor of using them.

When a tablet is more powerful than a desktop, then I'll use it. Until then... :P

I hope you're not disapproving of me. I was merely replying, and I was in favor of using them.

lol =) and true.

wow, many people use laptop O_O, suprise, you all hate tablet O+O =P

Agrees with Moho on this. I would get myself a tablet if it was more powerful. A tablet the same price as a laptop has lower specifications. If I do not need the tablet function, I would prefer a laptop. Nowadays, they're releasing touchscreen laptops for Windows 8.

Talking about Win8, the UI is so much nicer now, but I am experiencing something like a culture shock. The interface totally changed <_< Also, I think I'll go crazy with a Win8 laptop without a touch screen. X_X

Laptop, for convenience.

And the concern over "we'll get stupider" has honestly been there every single time something new comes in history. We no longer rub sticks together for fire (generally speaking), we use fire lighters or matches...does that make us stupider because not everyone knows how to make a fire with natural materials anymore? Maybe, maybe not. That's a debate that's not going to end so we might as well forget about arguing it here. Besides this topic was made as a poll, not an "Oh, let's argue about what everyone thinks." Don't think Wicky was aiming for that, so let's move on.

Laptop, for convenience.

Whaddaya mean, a desktop is totally convenient. :V I carry mine around.

And the concern over "we'll get stupider" has honestly been there every single time something new comes in history. We no longer rub sticks together for fire (generally speaking), we use fire lighters or matches...does that make us stupider because not everyone knows how to make a fire with natural materials anymore? Maybe, maybe not. That's a debate that's not going to end so we might as well forget about arguing it here. Besides this topic was made as a poll, not an "Oh, let's argue about what everyone thinks." Don't think Wicky was aiming for that, so let's move on.

"Does that make us stupider? Maybe, maybe not"? No, it doesn't. We're not getting dumber, we're just learning different things. We're forgetting information because of Google, but we're learning how to find it on Google. But I'm honestly too tired to argue any further, and Phi himself has more or less distanced himself, so let's not bring this up again.

Laptop. We use it in school as well, every student is equipped with a MacBook Pro, apparently it is part of our school policy -.- I rather use a normal Laptop since the start of the school year, I have to buy a new that cost like $2500 :( But then it's really worth it. I, personally, think that it is really convenient to use a Laptop/Tablet in school. Not really a tablet fan :)

Whaddaya mean, a desktop is totally convenient. :V I carry mine around.

"Does that make us stupider? Maybe, maybe not"? No, it doesn't. We're not getting dumber, we're just learning different things. We're forgetting information because of Google, but we're learning how to find it on Google. But I'm honestly too tired to argue any further, and Phi himself has more or less distanced himself, so let's not bring this up again.

=__= I'd like to see you carrying one around.

And I agree with this. *bolded*

However, I'd just like to add that, I do agree with one point (or not-so-obvious point) by Phi). And that is, we are really... dependent... on technology. :V

=__= I'd like to see you carrying one around.

And I agree with this. *bolded*

However, I'd just like to add that, I do agree with one point (or not-so-obvious point) by Phi). And that is, we are really... dependent... on technology. :V

+(So you must write all the steps/commands for *insertsprogramnameandthingstodoonithere* on your rough notebooks.)

Congrats, you just qualified to be a teacher at our school, where we are still using pentium IIIs. :P

Desktops can be portable, just not the desk. I can probably just put the wires and cpu in a bag, and carry the keyboard and monitor around in my arms :P:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Have a laptop, but I practically treat that sucker like a desktop since I never move it from where it is.  When I go off to college though, I'll be lugging it everywhere I go.  Desktops are just too impractical for a college student.