Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Characters That Gets On Your Nerves!

Someone's due for another round of Spider mansion, Mermaid, and Heiji and Kazuha captured by an evil lawyer cases. :ugeek:

And I've figured out ways that makes all of it invalid on Heiji's part. :P Spider Mansion- Wouldn't all of us be worried sick (and angry) if our best friend just nearly got killed? Doesn't mean I'm in love with them. And the fact Heiji doesn't blush while suggesting he and Kazuha sleep together for warmth is a pretty big sign that he doesn't think of her in that way. Mermaid- I think if my best friend (or brother) just saved me from falling down a cliff, fell down themselves, and now we're both dangling precariously from a branch, I'd do everything in my power to save both of us. Notice romantic thoughts cone only from Kazuha. Evil Lawyer Case- No, Heiji obviously didn't suddenly realize he had feelings for Kazuha or he'd have mentioned it later in the series, or at least he'd blush more often. If he actually had something to say, I think he's brave enough to say it. The fact that he stumbles and cones up with "Your ponytail tickles, that's all!" shows he didn't actually come up with anything. And don't even get me ranting on why Heiji obviously likes Shinichi.

Gosho Aoyama !!! For THIS :evil: :

For your convenience here is a list of many of the unresolved plots. Please suggest any additions or links to threads where a plot is being discussed. (I did not come up with all of these. Please see original post here.)

Items and things

• What is in the P.S. of Akemi's last text message to Akai?

• What was Elena about to say on the tape intended to be heard on Shiho's 18th Birthday?

• What (besides drug data) is on the bloody disk that Haibara lied about losing at the Haido City Hotel?

What was the program about that Itakura couldn't complete for the sake of humanity?

Night Baron Virus - the Org used it once and it was in another case. What does it signify and is their more plot relevance to it?

• Robbery syndicate whose headquarters and warehouse are in Tottori - plot or not?

Plot people

Vermouth's aging issue, cause of aging issue, her connection to the Miyanos, and APTX4869

• Why is Vermouth the boss's favorite when she is somewhat treacherous? (Keep in mind it has been confirmed that she is or was in a sexual relationship with Gin)

• Why Vermouth's apparent desire for the Org to be brought down?

• Jodie’s father - how did he find out about Vermouth and what did he find that forced Vermouth to take direct action, kill him, and burn his house down with all the evidence inside?

• The husband of Vermouth as Sharon Vineyard - who is he?

• Toichi, Vermouth, and Yukiko - how did that master-apprenticeship start?

• Elena and Atsushi Miyano: their lives, their supposed death by accident, their connection with Agasa

Shiho and Akemi: why their different fates within the org? One became a high ranked member, the other lived a more normal life.

• Gin and Akai: how did the personal rivalry start when they probably hadn't met each other much if at all before Akai was ejected from the Org?

Why does Bourbon hate Akai?

• Who was the mysterious man who staked out Akai's meeting with Gin that Camel ruined?

Gin's relationship with Sherry

• CIA: Does it have anything else to do with the story besides Kir?

• Shiho's foreshadowed meeting with Akai

• Calvados: was he important for anything other than making Chianti and Korn angry at Vermouth?

• James Black: Does he have more relevance or a past?

• Haibara's strange reaction to Kurayoshi city (倉吉市), Tottori or perhaps Tottori in general

People

• Agasa's mysterious friends/connections - to the Miyanos and to unknown parties.

Kaito Kid, plot relevant of not?

• Yukiko and Yusaku Kudo: what are they doing, how are they connected to the story and why don't they come back? (somewhat resolved with London arc)

• Shizuka and Heizo Hattori: what are they doing, how are they connected to the story and why don't they come back?

• What is the relationship to the plot, if any, of minor recurring characters such as Okino Yoko, Sanada Kazumi, Azusa Enemoto, Akagi Hide, Osamu Kenzaki, etc...?

• Who were the shadow people who Akai asked to follow Yukiko and the Detective boys?

• Kogoro's absent past and relatives. What was he doing (besides romancing Eri), why did he decide to join the police in the first place when he seemed like a delinquent at school, why did he leave the force, and why does Gosho never bring up Kogoro's relatives?

General issues (please see relevant threads)

Boss's identity

• Purpose of the Org and their research: Biochem, computer agenda?

• What's the Org's connection with America?

Okiya's identity

Scar Akai's identity

Specific current issues

• Ran wondering about when Shinichi touched and got fingerprints on Heiji's omamori and the effect on the plot.

Manga spoilers

Sera Masumi's identity and reason for coming to Japan

• Sera's mom versus Yukiko, you know what I mean... </joke>

Ran's character just doesn't appeal to me, I find her annoying beyond all reason :/

*removes Ran from the show*

*replaces her with Kazuha*

Oh look it's a better show! :V

I know exactly what you mean. Just can't find it in my hear to like her character.

I just can't find it in me to like Kazuha... I prefer Ayumi over her, at least Ayumi is... I dunno, but Ayumi seems much less annoying now. More adorable if you imagine her as a doting bunny rabbit that's always following Conan around. *nods* I have strange ways of changing my own views... And I like Ran. For some reason, she makes me think of my friend. Strong, determined, works hard, is the main caretaker of little brother (AKA she's the strict one), cooks, responsible, but my friend doesn't like anyone at the current moment. Says she never will. But whatever, Ran doesn't annoy me either way. At least she's got some sort of imperfection in her. (unlike Tohru Honda... Most annoying heroine EVER!!! Unless you want to count Ebony from 'My Immortal') Kazuha on the other hand... I have no intention of imagining her in a fluffy bunny suit nor does she remind me of a friend. She's loud, kind of arrogant, gets jealous and possessive of Heiji despite the fact she's not his girlfriend, and is a photocopy of Ran with minor tweaks, and despite the fact I like Ran, I cannot stand two. (or three... Aoko annoys me too.)

Shiratori :P He has this annoying LOOK..... gahh.... xD

Agreed. He sort of reminds me of T.M. from our school for some reason...

And T.M. can get on my nerves...

Isn't ran just a whiny, over-emotional version of aoko? :V

If you were put in her place, with the person you love more than anything else being... well, just like Shinichi, let's see you stay sane. :V

One day we're gonna see an episode where Ran's gonna be placed in a white room in a fetal position while wearing a strait jacket. She's gonna have cross eyes. ON A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE OF DETECTIVE CONAN.

One day we're gonna see an episode where Ran's gonna be placed in a white room in a fetal position while wearing a strait jacket. She's gonna have cross eyes. ON A VERY SPECIAL EPISODE OF DETECTIVE CONAN.

I don't understand how CC makes my worst nightmares come to life. It scares me. blink.gif

Boo hoo my parents, who still love each other and care for me, are seperated and my best friend/crush is always busy, but still contacts me by phone and even confessed to me that he likes me :( :( :( :( I'm going to cry for the rest of my life.

My dad is also a country- renown detective and I have great friends <- Nice summary of ran

Well, she's been overdone, but it is still not a great situation. Parents separated- I've heard that parents fighting that much damages the psychology of young kids, and Ran can't have been that old when her parents started fighting. Imagine the four, five year old Ran crying alone in her bedroom, clutching her pillows to her ears to drown out the angry yells, curled up in her covers, scared, and without an idea of what to so. That image helps me convince myself I care. (maybe not, but whatev.) And then Ran's been the one managing her household probably as early as elementary school- have you ever seen Kogoro cook or clean or do whatever? She also has karate, high school, somewhat of a social life, and has to take care of a little brother. On top of that, the best friend who she loves and is closer than a brother has suddenly disappeared after being a centerpiece in her life, an essential piece of her foundation, for ten years. No wonder she's shaky. And crying doesn't mean you're weak. It takes done courage to cry, and in a way, Ran's crying for Shinichi to. Because she can say the things he cannot and he can echo them as she clutches him right when things become too much. And Aoko is way different. I dunno why exactly (other than the fact Ran looks like her- well, Magic Kaito came first, but I discovered DC 'fore that). I think Aoko would be as 'pathetic' if Kairo suddenly disappeared, not to mention she doesn't even have a mom to consult with. Though something tells me someone's going to use that against me to argue that would make Aoko better. ... ... But that's my defense, and Kazuha and Aoko still annoy me.

Boo hoo my parents, who still love each other and care for me, are seperated and my best friend/crush is always busy, but still contacts me by phone and even confessed to me that he likes me :( :( :( :( I'm going to cry for the rest of my life.

My dad is also a country- renown detective and I have a great rich friend <- Nice summary of ran

fixed.

Sonoko: *sigh* What am I going to do with all this money? :/

Ran: ...I could use a new dress *troll face*

Sonoko: ...Okay, let's go!

Ran: ... o.O

You know, Ran has never once complained about her parents being separated. Sure she tries to get them back together, but she is emotionally balanced in that regard. There are at least a dozen places where she cries annoyingly, you don't have to go making one up to make a point about it.

My dad is also a country- renown detective and I have a great rich friend <-

Sonoko: *sigh* What am I going to do with all this money? :/

Ran: ...I could use a new dress *troll face*

Sonoko: ...Okay, let's go!

Ran: ... o.O

There was a case about how Ran actually purposefully avoids doing this. She doesn't go with Sonoko when she can't pay for everything herself. (V39-8 pg 17)

Also tone down the character bashing Parkur.

Yeah, she's a pretty nice girl. (but thankfully not a Tohru Honda...) She has her bad points, but don't we all? Who hasn't cried at one point or the other? You only see Ran as such a crybaby because Gosho focuses on it, and she has a life outside crying. If we only showed the parts where Ai was weak, than what would you think of her? (course, Ai doesn't cry, but she's going through some serious mental turmoil too. And someone needs to tell her it's perfectly okay to cry. It'd make her more real to me.) And you don't see Ran prancing around chanting 'My dad's an awesome, FAMOUS detective.' That's more of Shinichi's style. (course, he's chanting about himself... XD) She's humble, strong, but simply not strong enough. Is there something wrong with not being able to handle the emotional rollercoaster of being a teenager sometimes?

I wonder how Ran became Sonoko's friend anyway... They're almost polar opposites. In terms of personality at least...

The same for Sato and Yumi. :mellow: I wonder how those two became friend....

I wonder how Ran became Sonoko's friend anyway... They're almost polar opposites. In terms of personality at least...

I guess it's more of Gosho's way of putting in a set of foil characters. Foil characters are characters that are opposites of each other, and they can either be great friends or worst enemies, depending on the situation. This can be seen in literature a lot when you look closely. It isn't anything that special.