Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Characters That Gets On Your Nerves!

CONAN actually gets on my nerves.

He's so haughty and he acts like such a JERK to Ayumi and Mitsuhiko and Genta. I can name on one hand the times that he has told the group he cares about them in some way shape or form but I would need both hands AND feet to count how many times he's a jerk.

Ran sometimes gets on my nerves. She's a good character but she needs to toughen up a little. I honestly think she cries a little too easy. She's not a baby- but she cries more often than she should. About Shinichi or NOT.

MEGUMI ANNOYS THE LIVING HECK OUT OF ME!

I was SOOOOO pissed when Ayumi wasn't there to knock that little *bleep* off of Conan! HE'S NOT YOUR MAN! HIS GIRLFRIEND IS RIGHT FRIGGIN THERE ARE YOU STILL ACT LIKE HE'S YOURS?! THE NERVE! *Continues on all caps rage*

Genta, Kogoro

Genta= he always acts as if he's wiser than conan and others .. not thinking before acting..

Kogoro= he's a lil bit arrogant, boastful, proud.. sometimes.. and he's always telling Conan not to bother them..

the most annoying is ayumi then it Ran

Ayumi is not annoying. She's cute. :P What's so annoying about her? Seriously.

But I agree with you on the Ran thing.

Ayumi is not annoying. She's cute. :P What's so annoying about her? Seriously.

But I agree with you on the Ran thing.

Yeah I agree! Ayumi is so cute! :D But Ran is really annoying. Can't stand her sometimes. Her angel-like look and personality really wears me off.

My top 3 most hated in DC:

1. Ran- reasons stated above

2. Genta - Annoying fat kid, acting like he's the boss all the time. When trouble comes, he's the first one to cry. Always rushing into trouble, almost getting everyone killed. :angry:

3. Sonoko - She thinks that she is the smartest and her 'Deduction Queen Sonoko' thing is really pissing me off. <_<

• Upvote 1

IKR? Kazuha just annoys me so much with her transparent jealousy. She acts like Heiji is her possession or something, and that no one else can even come close to him. The only one who doesn't see how transparent her jealousy is Heiji, which sucks because then he could tell her to back off. Heiji deserves so much better than that possessive girl. Which is even more annoying because she flirts with other guys, and won't let any girl she doesn't know well near 'her' Heiji. If they ever started dating, I really pity Heiji for having to put up with all that. They work fine in a friend/sibling like relationship, but as far as romance goes, Kazuha just makes me want to rip my hair off and facepalm. She's just that bad.

Ran is the exact same way. XD She's just as possessive as Kazuha. In fact, most of the DC girls are. :blink: And Heiji is just as possessive of Kazuha as Kazuha is to him. And Kazuha TALKS to other guys- HEIJI checks other girls out. XD

She flirts sometimes. And at least Ran has a better reason to be jealous. She thinks Shinichi's having an affair or something. :P

So does Kazuha. She has just as much reason as Ran to be jealous. :lol: Her and Shinichi have never gone out. If Ran can be jealous and get away with it, Kazuha can too. XD

Actually no, I find that to be not true. For starters, Ran does not think Shinichi is having an "affair", that is Kazuha towards Heiji. Secondly, Ran shows absolutely no interest towards guys other than Shinichi, to the point where it's weird. A girl her age should at least be a little interested in a few other guys. If Ran flirts with anyone, then it's definitely Conan (( Who is actually Shinichi in disguise! -_- Jeez...))

While Shinichi, Kazuha, and Heiji have all been shown to be extremely possessive of their respective "lovers", I have yet to find evidence that supports Ran being anywhere near the level of possessiveness those 3 are at.

In Kazuha's first appearance, she basically jumps to conclusions and essentially starts telling Ran to "back off" because she's known Heiji longer, and they have a "bond of steel" since childhood, if you're gonna date him you have to go thru me, and yada yada yada. Maybe she didn't say it exactly like that, but it was implied well enough nonetheless.

Okay, when do we see Ran do that in regards to Shinichi? Yes, she obviously gets a little annoyed and jealous by Shinichi's harmless flirting, but she's not nearly as vocal about it as Kazuha is and will mostly wave it off (like in the Roller Coaster case),

Vol.1 File 1:

tumblr_lwu8x7w4HR1qfliia.png

or otherwise keep it to herself (in the memories of first love case).

Vol.18 File 173:

tumblr_lwu8djZdXf1qfliia.png

Besides Shinichi said it best, "How could a guy who only has mysteries on his mind 24-7 have an 'affair'?" Even tho he was talking about his dad, him and Shinichi are obviously alike enough in that respect that it can apply so Ran is clearly not too worried. In fact, in the first chapter Ran said she didn't even care he was flirting with other girls, but that he should narrow it down to one. And she wasn't even implying herself, tho Shinichi was sure thinking about it.

Vol. 1 File 1:

tumblr_lwt3pjGPXG1qfliia.png

There will be no modern day polygamy for this high-school detective. Ran-sama forbids it! >:[

And if you're going to use the Pro Soccer Player Blackmail Case as evidence to point out Ran's possessiveness of Shinichi, while I do admit she exhibited a bit of possessive behavior here, I'd like to note that her main concern was NOT that Shinichi was with another girl, but that Shinichi had LIED to her, saying he was involved in a dangerous case while she was sitting at home crying her head off worried about him, when he was really just shacking up with some girl she'd never even met.

Vol.7 File 68:

tumblr_lwt4lvgvNv1qfliia.png

Vol.7 File 70:

tumblr_lwt5lyGoFl1qfliia.png

She thought she was getting all worked up for nothing and wanted to find Shinichi to get the truth about it. And to make matters worse, he kept running from her the entire case! Granted he had to or she would've discovered he was Conan. But from Ran's POV that just made him look even more guilty in her eyes, and he wasn't giving her any explanation which was frustrating to her. Ran sees Shinichi as a best friend first and foremost.

Yes, Ran really likes Shinichi, but she will generally deny her feelings whenever someone asks because she doesn't know he feels about her. They have a very close relationship and tell each other practically everything. So, for him to not tell her something important like that and start running would obviously hurt her feelings.

Ran is willing to step back, let her feelings go, even become friends with said person if Shinichi truly likes them, and was not quite forbidding another person to date Shinichi; as Kazuha, Heiji, and Shinichi (Whom he actually did that with Eisuke to Ran later on. Even going so far as to reveal his true identity to him just so he could stop him. But Eisuke's a good sport so he took it rather well.)

Vol.60 File 621:

tumblr_lwua9ge53P1qfliia.png

tumblr_lwua8tegMn1qfliia.png

ALL would have in that situation.

Shinichi however, gets upset by seemingly innocent actions. Like Araide-sensei complimenting her cooking (OVA 9), or when she accidentally grabbed his arm instead of Kogoro's,

Vol.24 File 234:

tumblr_lwued4EIOK1qfliia.png

or where he stopped a little kid who would have Ran hold him in a certain way that would allow him to see more of her cleavage, when he only wanted to make sure he was remembering where his long lost mother's mole was correctly.

Vol.39 File 401:

tumblr_lwuck21EjQ1qfliia.png

While it is reasonable and even expected for Ran to be jealous in her cases, it is completely incorrect for Shinichi to be in his. Therefore, the ShinRan relationship is not quite as equal as people think it is.

This is mirrored very much so with Kazuha and Heiji's relationship, because Heizuha is just an inverted version of ShinRan; where Heiji is Ran, and Kazuha is Shinichi. Only differences I think are is that Heiji probably has an even greater level of possessiveness for Kazuha (to the point of literally pulling her off another man) than she has for him, unlike Ran to Shinichi, but he doesn't even seem to understand what it means yet! >_<

Why I dislike Kazuha is whole nother not-completely-unrelated-to-this-one rant, but it is basically what Aeyra said and a little more. <_< However, if you really wish for me to go into detail then I am more than willing to gather the evidence about it.

Actually no, I find that to be not true. For starters, Ran does not think Shinichi is having an "affair", that is Kazuha towards Heiji. Secondly, Ran shows absolutely no interest towards guys other than Shinichi, to the point where it's weird. A girl her age should at least be a little interested in a few other guys. If Ran flirts with anyone, then it's definitely Conan (( Who is actually Shinichi in disguise! -_- Jeez...))

While Shinichi, Kazuha, and Heiji have all been shown to be extremely possessive of their respective "lovers", I have yet to find evidence that supports Ran being anywhere near the level of possessiveness those 3 are at.

In Kazuha's first appearance, she basically jumps to conclusions and essentially starts telling Ran to "back off" because she's known Heiji longer, and they have a "bond of steel" since childhood, if you're gonna date him you have to go thru me, and yada yada yada. Maybe she didn't say it exactly like that, but it was implied well enough nonetheless.

Okay, when do we see Ran do that in regards to Shinichi? Yes, she obviously gets a little annoyed and jealous by Shinichi's harmless flirting, but she's not nearly as vocal about it as Kazuha is and will mostly wave it off (like in the Roller Coaster case),

Vol.1 File 1:

tumblr_lwu8x7w4HR1qfliia.png

or otherwise keep it to herself (in the memories of first love case).

Vol.18 File 173:

tumblr_lwu8djZdXf1qfliia.png

Besides Shinichi said it best, "How could a guy who only has mysteries on his mind 24-7 have an 'affair'?" Even tho he was talking about his dad, him and Shinichi are obviously alike enough in that respect that it can apply so Ran is clearly not too worried. In fact, in the first chapter Ran said she didn't even care he was flirting with other girls, but that he should narrow it down to one. And she wasn't even implying herself, tho Shinichi was sure thinking about it.

Vol. 1 File 1:

tumblr_lwt3pjGPXG1qfliia.png

There will be no modern day polygamy for this high-school detective. Ran-sama forbids it! >:[

And if you're going to use the Pro Soccer Player Blackmail Case as evidence to point out Ran's possessiveness of Shinichi, while I do admit she exhibited a bit of possessive behavior here, I'd like to note that her main concern was NOT that Shinichi was with another girl, but that Shinichi had LIED to her, saying he was involved in a dangerous case while she was sitting at home crying her head off worried about him, when he was really just shacking up with some girl she'd never even met.

Vol.7 File 68:

tumblr_lwt4lvgvNv1qfliia.png

Vol.7 File 70:

tumblr_lwt5lyGoFl1qfliia.png

She thought she was getting all worked up for nothing and wanted to find Shinichi to get the truth about it. And to make matters worse, he kept running from her the entire case! Granted he had to or she would've discovered he was Conan. But from Ran's POV that just made him look even more guilty in her eyes, and he wasn't giving her any explanation which was frustrating to her. Ran sees Shinichi as a best friend first and foremost.

Yes, Ran really likes Shinichi, but she will generally deny her feelings whenever someone asks because she doesn't know he feels about her. They have a very close relationship and tell each other practically everything. So, for him to not tell her something important like that and start running would obviously hurt her feelings.

Ran is willing to step back, let her feelings go, even become friends with said person if Shinichi truly likes them, and was not quite forbidding another person to date Shinichi; as Kazuha, Heiji, and Shinichi (Whom he actually did that with Eisuke to Ran later on. Even going so far as to reveal his true identity to him just so he could stop him. But Eisuke's a good sport so he took it rather well.)

Vol.60 File 621:

tumblr_lwua9ge53P1qfliia.png

tumblr_lwua8tegMn1qfliia.png

ALL would have in that situation.

Shinichi however, gets upset by seemingly innocent actions. Like Araide-sensei complimenting her cooking (OVA 9), or when she accidentally grabbed his arm instead of Kogoro's,

Vol.24 File 234:

tumblr_lwued4EIOK1qfliia.png

or where he stopped a little kid who would have Ran hold him in a certain way that would allow him to see more of her cleavage, when he only wanted to make sure he was remembering where his long lost mother's mole was correctly.

Vol.39 File 401:

tumblr_lwuck21EjQ1qfliia.png

While it is reasonable and even expected for Ran to be jealous in her cases, it is completely incorrect for Shinichi to be in his. Therefore, the ShinRan relationship is not quite as equal as people think it is.

This is mirrored very much so with Kazuha and Heiji's relationship, because Heizuha is just an inverted version of ShinRan; where Heiji is Ran, and Kazuha is Shinichi. Only differences I think are is that Heiji probably has an even greater level of possessiveness for Kazuha (to the point of literally pulling her off another man) than she has for him, unlike Ran to Shinichi, but he doesn't even seem to understand what it means yet! >_<

Why I dislike Kazuha is whole nother not-completely-unrelated-to-this-one rant, but it is basically what Aeyra said and a little more. <_< However, if you really wish for me to go into detail then I am more than willing to gather the evidence about it.

1. She may not say it, but yeah. She kinda does. XD

2. That's not true. At all. Ran does express interest in other guys, for example, things that might wow her like that one actor they ran into that one case. Kazuha is wowed by a magician. Most girls would be. Ran was pretty impressed with him too. I don't recall Kazuha ever showing any REAL interest in anybody but Heiji. And even so, Heiji shows interest in other girls constantly thus it may be her way of getting revenge on him.

3..... ORLY? Can i direct you to this chapter? http://www.mangareader.net/139-8114-1/detective-conan/chapter-68.html Kazuha merely confronted Ran head on. Ran was holding back punching that chick right in the face. She was also overly suspicious of her. She was concerned that Shinichi LIED to her, but she was more so upset that that she thought he lied to her about SEEING A GIRL! XD

4. Kazuha is the EXACT SAME WAY. She has MUCH reason to automatically assume Heiji is dating a girl when the girl, first of all, threatens her beauty-wise, second of all, is hanging right by him and maybe laughing a little too much, third of all as I stated before Heiji is a total GIRL freak. This chapter here demonstrates that: http://www.mangareader.net/139-8407-1/detective-conan/chapter-361.html

You'll notice that Conan isn't really all that much into the game. That means that he isn't as BAD of a girl freak. Which means Ran knows that he wouldn't just jump in bed with any old girl. But HEIJI lets people KNOW he's got hormones. XD

5. Ran jumps to conclusions CONSTANTLY. CONSTANTLY. XD Remember when she thought that Shinichi was hiding his relationship with her because he was seeing another woman who might be reading his messages all because Conan's phone rang when she sent the message? Couldn't she have logically came to a conclusion of maybe Shinichi left his phone by accident and he had some important clues on his phone that he told Conan not to look at and not to let other people look at? Yeah. XD I think that's worse than what Kazuha has EVER assumed. And when you hear somebody talking like that over the phone secretively wouldn't you suspect something? And no, Ran was NOT willing to become her friend, she was trying to be nice and HIDE the fact she was jealous from the girl. XD

6. Shinichi... oh yeah. He is WAY over the top jealous. He needs to cool his top. But so is Heiji. You already pointed it out. He will get physical with Kazuha's other possible matches- which makes him a little worse, don't you think? Kazuha just stands up to the girl and tells her "Look, I want him. I love him I'm willing to bet more than you do. If you think you can prove me wrong go ahead and try and break through our bond." If a girl successfully does that I think Kazuha will give in and, while be seriously SERIOUSLY upset, give a nod to the girl as a suitable partner for Heiji. Ran... I don't think would be so easy. She... has tendencies to well... BREAK THINGS when she's upset.... if she doesn't deem the girl suitable for Shinichi well that girl can count her final days.

1. She may not say it, but yeah. She kinda does. XD

2. That's not true. At all. Ran does express interest in other guys, for example, things that might wow her like that one actor they ran into that one case. Kazuha is wowed by a magician. Most girls would be. Ran was pretty impressed with him too. I don't recall Kazuha ever showing any REAL interest in anybody but Heiji. And even so, Heiji shows interest in other girls constantly thus it may be her way of getting revenge on him.

3..... ORLY? Can i direct you to this chapter? http://www.mangareader.net/139-8114-1/detective-conan/chapter-68.html Kazuha merely confronted Ran head on. Ran was holding back punching that chick right in the face. She was also overly suspicious of her. She was concerned that Shinichi LIED to her, but she was more so upset that that she thought he lied to her about SEEING A GIRL! XD

4. Kazuha is the EXACT SAME WAY. She has MUCH reason to automatically assume Heiji is dating a girl when the girl, first of all, threatens her beauty-wise, second of all, is hanging right by him and maybe laughing a little too much, third of all as I stated before Heiji is a total GIRL freak. This chapter here demonstrates that: http://www.mangareader.net/139-8407-1/detective-conan/chapter-361.html

You'll notice that Conan isn't really all that much into the game. That means that he isn't as BAD of a girl freak. Which means Ran knows that he wouldn't just jump in bed with any old girl. But HEIJI lets people KNOW he's got hormones. XD

5. Ran jumps to conclusions CONSTANTLY. CONSTANTLY. XD Remember when she thought that Shinichi was hiding his relationship with her because he was seeing another woman who might be reading his messages all because Conan's phone rang when she sent the message? Couldn't she have logically came to a conclusion of maybe Shinichi left his phone by accident and he had some important clues on his phone that he told Conan not to look at and not to let other people look at? Yeah. XD I think that's worse than what Kazuha has EVER assumed. And when you hear somebody talking like that over the phone secretively wouldn't you suspect something? And no, Ran was NOT willing to become her friend, she was trying to be nice and HIDE the fact she was jealous from the girl. XD

6. Shinichi... oh yeah. He is WAY over the top jealous. He needs to cool his top. But so is Heiji. You already pointed it out. He will get physical with Kazuha's other possible matches- which makes him a little worse, don't you think? Kazuha just stands up to the girl and tells her "Look, I want him. I love him I'm willing to bet more than you do. If you think you can prove me wrong go ahead and try and break through our bond." If a girl successfully does that I think Kazuha will give in and, while be seriously SERIOUSLY upset, give a nod to the girl as a suitable partner for Heiji. Ran... I don't think would be so easy. She... has tendencies to well... BREAK THINGS when she's upset.... if she doesn't deem the girl suitable for Shinichi well that girl can count her final days.

1. That was my entire point. She's not as vocal about it and thus less annoying to me. :mellow:

2. I did not agree that Kazuha flirts with other guys either. And if it seemed that way then I apologize. I do agree that is reasonable and expected for them to be wowed by actors or magicians because they are famous after all. However, the interest I was getting at was a ROMANTIC interest. And I don't think Kazuha or Ran have shown romantic interest in any other guys at all. But! The same goes for Heiji and Shinichi. NONE of them have been shown to have any REAL interest in anybody outside of their respective "pairs". I mean, Heiji can't even tell he LIKES Kazuha, how the hell could he be romantically interested in anybody else?

3. Like I said before, Ran did exhibit some possessive behavior in this chapter that I did account for. But, she was pissed because seeing a girl didn't put him in ANY danger at ALL. If that's all he was up to then he could've just told her that to ease her worries. Why did he have to lie to her about it? There was no need. Also, most of her rage is directed at Shinichi, not the girl. Tho I do not deny that the girl did end up on the receiving end of some.

Vol.7 File 68:

tumblr_lwuzjraB6o1qfliia.png

Ran mostly understands the girl is an innocent bystander in all this and it's Shinichi's fault for causing the confusion. If you'll notice Ran didn't start getting physical about it until after Conan said Shinichi would supposedly call the girl later. She wasn't holding back punching the girl, but Shinichi whom she expected to be inside the house. Her main reason for going to the girl's house was so that she could find Shinichi and kick his ass for lying about the whole situation and making her worry over something so stupid. Ran can be pretty impulsive so if she really wanted to hurt that girl she would've already took a swing at her as a warning. And of course she'd be overly suspicious, the girl showed up out of nowhere and introduced herself as "Shinichi's girlfriend" for crying out loud and Ran, being Shinichi's best friend, had never even met her. :/ That's huge cause for suspicions. Also, if there wasn't something to be suspicious about, then why would Shinichi feel the need to lie to Ran about the girl? It doesn't makes sense from her POV.

4. I find it completely understandable for Kazuha to jump to conclusions and automatically assume Heiji is dating another because, like you said, he's a bit of a lech. I do not deny that fact. However, Heiji just likes to look. :rolleyes: Which is similarly how Shinichi acted before he found out Ran's feelings towards him. Shinichi, as we know prior to shrinking into Conan, had a personality and relationship with Ran that is almost identical to Kaito and Aoko.

Vol. 26 File 258:

tumblr_lwv1c2oCqI1qfliia.png

Kaito is pretty much just what Shinichi used to be before he became Conan. Only he acts a little more bold and is not as obsessed with magic as Shinichi is with mysteries, because Shinichi is more of an introvert than Kaito is.

I agree that Shinichi is not as much of a lech as Heiji is, but it makes sense he was not into the game because he already knows how Ran feels about him at this point and therefore would REALLY have no interest in looking at other women at all anymore. You'll notice that during most of his time as Conan, Shinichi falls under the accidental pervert trope in regards to other girls rather than him intentionally acting somewhat ecchi like he used to be. It also could've been that he just finds those kinds of deductions to be incredibly boring too. :-|

Getting back to Kazuha. What annoys me is usually her handling of the situation.

5. Ah, File 479, I forgot about that. Then, in regards to the affair thing, you are correct and I concede. However, I don't recalI saying that what annoyed me about Kazuha was her jumping to conclusions. I do not fault Kazuha for being suspicious of Heiji, nor Ran for Shinichi. Because Kazuha did have backing for being suspcious, but so did Ran somewhat with how secretive Shinichi's been lately. They can barely talk to each other anymore and it has not occurred to Ran at this point that the case Shinichi's working on is SO dangerous that they cannot communicate with each other. Though I admit jumping to conclusion he's having an affair is a little wild. XD But again, Ran was also angry she thought Shinichi would use a kid so underhandedly, which I do not see as so bad. Next, during the Memories of First Love Case, I can agree that Ran was indeed trying to be nice and hide the fact she was jealous from the girl. What I meant was that over time I have no doubt that Ran would have wanted put her feelings aside and be friends with the girl, because she is a kind person with a big heart, which several characters including Kazuha, have noted on numerous occasions. I'm not convinced Kazuha would have taken the situation the same way because she is always shown to be much more brash, haughty, and immature about her feelings towards Heiji than Ran is towards Shinichi. I also think she has much more courage in that department as well. Which is extremely irritating to me because if she's gonna act that way and confront other women towards him like that then she needs to just hurry up and tell him how she feels already and stop putting it off.

6. Yes, Heiji is worse in that matter. However, Kazuha still has several other character traits that irritate me, therefore I dislike her more. <_< No, Ran only has a tendency to break things when she is angry or rationally provoked (like in self-defense or for comic relief purposes). She's never been shown to do it when actually hurt or seriously upset. Because whenever she is like that all she does is just start crying.

Vol.8 File 71

tumblr_lwv94psvu71qfliia.png

Also, I'm not so sure Kazuha'd be so willing, seeing as how like I said before she can get extremely aggressive in regards to Heiji. As I see it, Kazuha has a stubbornness towards him that rivals Shinichi in regards to Ran; while Ran, whom Shinichi has also noted is the type to smile on the outside and worry on the inside, is more like Aoko and would try to smile and wish them well off. And she DOES consider Akako her friend, so why wouldn't Ran act similarly? Likewise, I can't see Kazuha as willing to accept Heiji with another girl as Shinichi would with Ran and another guy. And that is my understanding.

Don't get me wrong, Kazuha has her good points too. But for me, most of her bad points are too frustratingly obvious and overshadow the good ones that is difficult for me to like her. Sorry.

1. It's better to stand up and tell them that you won't lose him without a fight than to act like everything's okay only to burst out in anger later because you held back for so long.

2. True. Very true. XD

3. To me she was acting possessively and rather venomously to both that entire time. XD Ran really did not have a right to get angry at Shinichi because he was seeing a girl. She was not his girlfriend. She was far too angry and far too easy to piss off further because Shinichi was seeing another girl. I don't think it was all just because he lied. She may have been hurt by that but I think it was definitely more so about the chick. Also, Ran was pissy at typically anybody, though. She doesn't know that Conan is Shinichi. Kazuha is just pissy towards the girl and Heiji. She KNOWS where to direct her anger. Ran throws it at anybody and anyone. She wanted to confront him and the girl, I'm sure. It takes two to tango. XD Point is Ran was just being jealous because she had feelings for him. There was no proof this girl was seeing him. The was no proof that that was where Shinichi had been and she was just going on the suspicion that a girl was seeing him.

4.But we see that Shinichi is not interested in the game Heiji was playing at the beach, which leads us to believe that Shinichi was the same way but to a lesser extent. Just because he knows ran has feelings for him does not mean that he won't look at other girls and think dirty. That's the way most teenage boys are. Heck, there are fully grown married MEN who will look at other women. And if he is who he LOOKS like he was before shrinking, I seriously doubt he didn't find it interesting at least. Heiji is always that way. Kaito... well Aoko knows he's hot and knows he'll have fangirls but because she doesn't know he's KID she's the only one that gets her skirt flipped by him which means she won't worry about competition. I'm pretty sure Shinichi wasn't flipping girl's skirts. Aoko is not a very jealous person- Ran is. XD They don't have all that similar of a relationship because Aoko seems to trust Kaito WAY more than Ran trusts Shinichi when Ran has less reason to be jealous.

5. I doubt Ran would be able to befriend a person who "stole" Shinichi from her. XD lol She would make acquaintances and try to be friendly with the girl, yes but making friend with the woman I doubt. XD And it's not fair to say that about Kazuha. It is far easier to argue and confront a girl who is giving you negative feelings than to confront the boy who makes you nervous enough WITHOUT you planning on confessing. It isn't that easy.

6. Take away the fact that it's a comic and look at all of the comic relief moments. Those are still moments that contribute to her character.

That is basically what Kazuha was saying, though. She was challenging Ran in her first appearance, not threatening her. She was saying that if Ran wanted him bad enough to break down their chains, even though it would NOT be easy, then she could accept her. Kazuha also tends to smile and worry. She's done it several times, hasn't she? Shinichi would probably accept another guy taking Ran if the guy wanted her bad enough. He would make the guy's life a living h^^l before he'd let her go, but he would eventually give in. What makes her happy makes him happy, and Kazuha has that view about Heiji, too.

It's very easy to like her if you can see that Ran is not much better by any standards. Ran has less to be worried about (even if Shinichi is secretive, he's still loyal) while Kazuha has more and she STILL gets more pissed than Kazuha does.

Kazuha is a fantastic, well written character who makes way more sense than a lot of the characters in DC- she's far more real than Ran is, th'ats for sure. :grin:

I see that many of you dislike Genta. While he's definitely not a bright person, he's still a child. It's pretty much clear that he shouldn't be compared with Conan or Haibara. Ayumi is a girl with different view on things, so he shouldn't be compared with her either. As for Mitsuhiko, while he's a boy as well, he showed an interest in science which is an important clue that shows that his style of thinking is a bit different than the one from a normal child, which leaves Genta as the only child in Detective Boys who doesn't have special interest in anything except stuffing his stomach.

For me, the character that gets on my nerves would definitely be Kogoro. After all those years of being a private detective, he's still not able to figure out some trivial matters. His behavior at home, in public and while working gets on my nerves as well from time to time. But, I guess that's exactly the purpose of such character.

155scbr.jpg