Detective Conan World
heLLo GiGi

How did Ai"s Parents Die?

I can't really remember if they mention how they died in the episodes or not. So How Did Ai's Parents Die? Or more like Why? Were they scientist too?

Tell me what you think?

Were they scientist too?...... I know for sure in the beginning Ai said the organization knows her youth face so if they keep using the drug she created, the organization well find out about the effects!

I'm not so sure how they died, but I would venture to guess they were assassinated by the BO. They were smart people, but were quite wayward and not so loyal. If they killed Ai's sister, I wouldn't be surprised if they killed her parents. That would also explain why they planned on killing Sherry before she escaped. I guess the BO took the whole family under their wing, but realized too late that they weren't the loyal people they seemed to be.

Atsushi Miyano (宮野 淳 Miyano Atsushi?) was a biochemist in the Black Organization and apparently Shiho Miyano and Akemi Miyano's father.[1] Atsushi Miyano and Elena Miyano started the APTX 4869 research according to Vermouth.[2] One or both of them worked on the project before Shiho Miyano took over. Both of Elena and Atsushi died for some reason which Pisco called an accident while Shiho was young.

Elena Miyano (宮野 エレナ Miyano Erena?) was a biochemist in the Black Organization and apparently Shiho Miyano and Akemi Miyano's mother.[1] Atsushi Miyano and Elena Miyano started the APTX 4869 research according to Vermouth.[2] One or both of them worked on the project before Shiho Miyano took over. Both of Elena and Atsushi died for some reason which Pisco called an accident while Shiho was young.

Despite what various characters have said, I am pretty sure that whatever happened to Elena and Atsushi Miyano wasn't a sudden death accident. Elena took the time to leave tapes for Shiho, and given the theme of the tapes' content, it suggests Elena was intentionally leaving something behind for her daughter. Most people don't leave such deliberate mementos if they think that they will be alive later. The act of leaving the tapes indicates that Elena knew something would happen or she was about to do something that she might not survive. A situation where death is known to be likely doesn’t seem like it should be called an “accident”.

The contradiction could be resolved if the incident involved a slow death, i.e. there was an accident and then Elena left the tapes as she was dying. Another possibility is that whatever dangerous thing the Miyano's undertook that killed them was kept secret even from other highly ranked BO members like Pisco. Still another possibility is that the Miyano's didn't die, but faked their death (or tried to) in an accident and Elena prepared the tapes before going into hiding.

Despite what various characters have said, I am pretty sure that whatever happened to Elena and Atsushi Miyano wasn't a sudden death accident. Elena took the time to leave tapes for Shiho, and given the theme of the tapes' content, it suggests Elena was intentionally leaving something behind for her daughter. Most people don't leave such deliberate mementos if they think that they will be alive later. The act of leaving the tapes indicates that Elena knew something would happen or she was about to do something that she might not survive. A situation where death is known to be likely doesn’t seem like it should be called an “accident”.

The contradiction could be resolved if the incident involved a slow death, i.e. there was an accident and then Elena left the tapes as she was dying. Another possibility is that whatever dangerous thing the Miyano's undertook that killed them was kept secret even from other highly ranked BO members like Pisco. Another possibility is that the Miyano's didn't die, but faked their death (or tried to) in an accident and Elena prepared the tapes before going into hiding.

I'm also thinking her parents may have taken an early version of Apotoxin and are in hiding. Maybe that's why Gin was so curious as to how sherry escaped because the way her parents escaped. The boss wouldn't let word spread to avoid others trying to betray the org.

I'm also thinking her parents may have taken an early version of Apotoxin and are in hiding. Maybe that's why Gin was so curious as to how sherry escaped because the way her parents escaped. The boss wouldn't let word spread to avoid others trying to betray the org.

They still might be in hiding, taking the Apotoxin maybe. but Ai doesn't really knows what happened, "She said to Conan, she heard that they died not long after She was Born (episode 129)".

Also that Ai said she was sent to America for Schooling by the orders of the organization. But Before the sister started getting involved in the organization to let Ai escape it. Ai's sister did what they asked.

I think they're either dead or in hiding.

Given that Pisco said they met an unfortunate accident I'd assume they were executed by the BO and made it look like an accident to the public (as they usually do).

In any case it seems like Haibara's dad was a vital aspect to the BO (probably for designing the APTX like someone else mentioned). He probably wanted to create or study something that proved usefull to the BO and they gave him funding for it. In the process he met Haibara's mom and brought Akemi and Haibara into this world. Somewhere along the line Haibara's parents probably didn't see eye to eye with the BO heads and met their fate as Haibara and Akemi lived their separate lives.

The contradiction could be resolved if the incident involved a slow death, i.e. there was an accident and then Elena left the tapes as she was dying. Another possibility is that whatever dangerous thing the Miyano's undertook that killed them was kept secret even from other highly ranked BO members like Pisco. Still another possibility is that the Miyano's didn't die, but faked their death (or tried to) in an accident and Elena prepared the tapes before going into hiding.

would be cool if

Atushi=Mitsuhiko

Elena=Ayumi

would be cool if

Atushi=Mitsuhiko

Elena=Ayumi

I highly doubt that...

Elena her husband enough to have 2 childs with him...why would she now switch to Conan?

also Elena was blond...Ayumi is not.

Why would Mitsuhiko be in love with his own daughter? or if he didn't recognize her why would he like gradeschooler?

so NO your crack theory is absolutely not possible.

and about why Elena left the tapes?

what if she was FBI agent? (who fed the info to Jodie's dad jodie's dad is real father of Shiho?:D)

and as they found out,

they killed her and her husband...after she had given birth to Shiho...

and took their children who knew nothing about it in their care...

that could explain her codename and the fact that she left the tapes...

She knew they could find it out someday...

Judging by the way Shiho acted, I know that it was not an accident, something everybody agreed on here. They were probably scientists, because I sort of remember(correct me if I'm wrong)Pisco saying something about Shiho continuing the work of her parents.

In fact they are in FBIs witness protection. As was Jodie

That's not a fact. Also why wouldn't they try to take their daughters with them if they did go into witness protection? It's unbelievably cruel to think they left their kids to the Org, especially given how Elena seems genuinely nice.

I heard it was a car accident... Forgotten wher I heard it though. :blink:

I think I have heard something like that. And my last post was totally joke. Sorry if somebody believe that.

I think that they were assassinated by the BO who framed it as a lab accident.

Why would the BO want to assassinate their own researchers who are working on the really important APTX project? Do you think they tried to betray the BO?

Why would the BO want to assassinate their own researchers who are working on the really important APTX project? Do you think they tried to betray the BO?

Well, they might've been forced to work for the BO like Ai was... Anyone in that position would definitely want to leave it. Do you mind me asking what your view on Shiho's parents is?

Well, they might've been forced to work for the BO like Ai was... Anyone in that position would definitely want to leave it. Do you mind me asking what your view on Shiho's parents is?

Shiho wasn't forced to work for the BO. She worked willingly the whole time up until Akemi died. She didn't try to escape or do anything to harm the BO, and when Akemi died even then she simply boycotted. She didn't try to contact authorities. Then she tried to commit suicide. Even now she still shows some residual loyalty; she hasn't betrayed the identities of the BO members to Conan (she knows some of them), or their sources of funding (she knows some of them), or much other info that would help Conan. She thinks Conan might do something stupid with the info sure, but she could have, say, explained the goal of her project to him without risking Conan running off and doing something stupid. Unfortunately, as many militias who kidnap children have proven, when you control a child's mind and development, you pretty much own the child's loyalty and they will be willing to practically die for you. It's lucky Shiho managed to break free from her BO mindset at all. That was probably her sister's influence.

As for the parents, I don't know what their status it, but I doubt the BO conspired to kill them. I have an info sheet on them over at DCTP which you can find if you click in the link in my sig. Someone individually inside the BO might have killed them (like Vermouth), or they genuinely had an accident, or they committed suicide. Even a high ranking member like Pisco who was close with them thinks it was a accident, so it leads me to think it wasn't a BO wide-conspiracy.

Shiho wasn't forced to work for the BO. She worked willingly the whole time up until Akemi died. She didn't try to escape or do anything to harm the BO, and when Akemi died even then she simply boycotted. She didn't try to contact authorities. Then she tried to commit suicide. Even now she still shows some residual loyalty; she hasn't betrayed the identities of the BO members to Conan (she knows some of them), or their sources of funding (she knows some of them), or much other info that would help Conan. She thinks Conan might do something stupid with the info sure, but she could have, say, explained the goal of her project to him without risking Conan running off and doing something stupid. Unfortunately, as many militias who kidnap children have proven, when you control a child's mind and development, you pretty much own the child's loyalty and they will be willing to practically die for you. It's lucky Shiho managed to break free from her BO mindset at all. That was probably her sister's influence.

As for the parents, I don't know what their status it, but I doubt the BO conspired to kill them. I have an info sheet on them over at DCTP which you can find if you click in the link in my sig. Someone individually inside the BO might have killed them (like Vermouth), or they genuinely had an accident, or they committed suicide. Even a high ranking member like Pisco who was close with them thinks it was a accident, so it leads me to think it wasn't a BO wide-conspiracy.

Thank you very much Chek !!! :lol: