Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

that person (anokata) is very careful..whenever they get a lead about the B.O. they lose it immediately when they come so close to them...

If it wasn't for gin, conan would have caught them

yeah..sort of..gin is somewhat have the abilities of a detective..and he's good at it..!!! ahaha.. :D

I put my bet on James Black. :) *too lazy to read if this has already been said* Only because of something that Conan said before, and James seems rather .. fishy in his own way. That'd be interesting, would it not? One of the head people of the FBI in Japan being the BO boss? Although if I paid more attention I'm sure this would easily be disproved.. but his first appearance episode has left an impression on me that makes me skeptical of him at all times XD

I think Boss-san is Shinichi's Grandfather ! :geek:

Maybe he died and then revived with mechanical organs as the BO boss ! :eek:

Also he probably controls a whole country ! :evil:

And i think he is actually the best detective of the world ! :lol:

Yusaka police adviser->Shinichi savior of the police force :?:

so this is my SUPREME theory xD

What are they

Why would her father want her dead, why has he not told her about this, it does not make sens

Well, we do not know where exactly is her dad, how he died, or whether he actually died, or have any clue to who and what kind of person is he? If he really was the head, and got her mother and sister killed, why couldnt he kill Ai as well? Ai doesnt know much about her father as well. So couldnt it be a possibility that could progress???

Wait wait wait, didn't Gosho say in some interview somewhere that the name of Anokata appeared in the series already?

*Searches*

Aha! From this website that summarizes theories and facts from 2chan board . . .

2006年朝日新聞夕刊のインタビュー記事より

From 2006 Asahi Evening Newspaper interview article

2006年1月13日(金)朝日新聞夕刊の記事「アニメ・原作いい刺激」

Friday January 13, 2006, Asahi Evening Newspaper article "Anime, Manga [are] good stimulus"

実はボスの名前は既に原作のどこかにでている。捜してみて下さい。…

In fact, the boss' name already appeared somewhere in the manga. Please see if you can find it. . . .

Another blog backs claim this up

2005年青山剛昌とコナンファンの集いでの質問コーナーより

From Q&A in a gathering between Aoyama Gosho and Conan fans in 2005

Q.黒の組織について?

Q. On the Black Syndicate/Organization?

A.正式名称はある。言うとボスの名前がバレちゃうので言えません。

A. A formal name exists. If mentioned, the boss' name will be exposed so I can't say.

Erm, I'll see if I can get a confirmation on this somewhere, when I have time . . .

『名探偵コナン&金田一少年の事件簿』4号より

From "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files" 4th Issue

Q.これに気付いているor知っているのは自分だけ!!

Q. Only self noticed/knows about this!!

高山みなみ「「あのお方」が誰なのか…。キャストは誰も知らない。」

Takayama Minami: who "anokata" is . . . None of the [other] casts know.

This seems to be some interview with Minami, who, as you know, voices Conan in Japanese. I'll see if I can get a confirmation on this, too, but I don't have much time right now, ha ha.

EDIT: This Japanese website compiling info on Conan confirms that the Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files #4 did a special report on what the voice actors know that the general public don't. I guess I'll have to buy the issue to really see the full interview, hmm. /EDIT

So if the second source is to be trusted, Anokata's name popped up before sometime in 2005 - and since the first source is reliable, definitely by January 13 2006. The 2chan blog says this means the name popped up somewhere before File 551, but you guys can check that for yourselves.

Anyways, I think we can effectively rule out the "new character" possibility, yes? ^^

• Upvote 4

gosho said that the name was written in the manga but it cant be James Black or Ais dad

That does not make sens

James knows almost everything ( If he was the boss, he knows who are the biggest threats to the BO, and he does not do anything about it )

And ais dad is dead 100%

Wait wait wait, didn't Gosho say in some interview somewhere that the name of Anokata appeared in the series already?

*Searches*

Aha! From this website that summarizes theories and facts from 2chan board . . .

2006年朝日新聞夕刊のインタビュー記事より

From 2006 Asahi Evening Newspaper interview article

2006年1月13日(金)朝日新聞夕刊の記事「アニメ・原作いい刺激」

Friday January 13, 2006, Asahi Evening Newspaper article "Anime, Manga [are] good stimulus"

実はボスの名前は既に原作のどこかにでている。捜してみて下さい。…

In fact, the boss' name already appeared somewhere in the manga. Please see if you can find it. . . .

Another blog backs claim this up

2005年青山剛昌とコナンファンの集いでの質問コーナーより

From Q&A in a gathering between Aoyama Gosho and Conan fans in 2005

Q.黒の組織について?

Q. On the Black Syndicate/Organization?

A.正式名称はある。言うとボスの名前がバレちゃうので言えません。

A. A formal name exists. If mentioned, the boss' name will be exposed so (I) can't say.

Erm, I'll see if I can get a confirmation on this somewhere, when I have time . . .

『名探偵コナン&金田一少年の事件簿』4号より

From "Detective Conan & Kindaichi Case Files" 4th Issue

Q.これに気付いているor知っているのは自分だけ!!

Q. Only self noticed/knows about this!!

高山みなみ「「あのお方」が誰なのか…。キャストは誰も知らない。」

Takayama Minami: who "anokata" is . . . None of the [other] casts know.

This seems to be some interview with Minami, who, as you know, voices Conan in Japanese. I'll see if I can get a confirmation on this, too, but I don't have much time right now, ha ha.

So if the second source is to be trusted, Anokata's name popped up before sometime in 2005 - and since the first source is reliable, definitely by January 13 2006. The 2chan blog says this means the name popped up somewhere before File 551, but you guys can check that for yourselves.

Anyways, I think we can effectively rule out the "new character" possibility, yes? ^^

I've been looking for this interview forever. Thanks a bunch. 1 rep for you.

It's the other way around! Note that it's only specific about the name, not the boss! Why bother specifying only the name of the boss has appeared if the boss has actually shown up in person? This is a hint that while the name has appeared, the boss himself/herself may have not.

Er...the Boss of the BO is AYUMI YOSHIDA!

No, of course not XD

I think it's Atsushi Miyano or... maybe....he/she's....a new character ^^

It's the other way around! Note that it's only specific about the name, not the boss! Why bother specifying only the name of the boss has appeared if the boss in person has actually appeared? This is a hint that while the name has appeared, the boss himself/herself may have not.

SO YOU LOOK FOR THE NAMES that have been mentioned till chapter 553

who knows how he put it there

gosho said that the name was written in the manga but it cant be James Black or Ais dad

That does not make sens

James knows almost everything ( If he was the boss, he knows who are the biggest threats to the BO, and he does not do anything about it )

And ais dad is dead 100%

Couldn't he have faked it???? If he was the boss, then it's not a surprise he faked his death to go on a hiding... And gosho did hint that it was someone Ai could never expect.

It's the other way around! Note that it's only specific about the name, not the boss! Why bother specifying only the name of the boss has appeared if the boss in person has actually appeared? This is a hint that while the name has appeared, the boss himself/herself may have not.

Ha ha I appreciate the rep! I'm glad I decided to waste 15-30 minutes searching around the Internet for these blogs and translating them, right before my summer class started.

Oh yeah, good point - it's more likely that Anokata is a character whose name has been mentioned but who hasn't actually appeared, isn't it? I vote for one of the Miyanos being Anokata, then.

Think the miyanos have a high possibility. Unless what gosho was hinting is a shop's name or someone that was mentioned on a tv program or appeared in news papers... But he hinted that Ai chan will never expect implies that it is someone she knows and possibly have some degree of trust. So it could be her family...

That does not make sens

And ais dad is dead 100%

Couldn't he have faked it???? If he was the boss, then it's not a surprise he faked his death to go on a hiding... And gosho did hint that it was someone Ai could never expect.

While whether a fake death was involved is up in the air, there definitely is something fishy going on with the Miyanos' deaths. Despite what various characters have said, whatever happened to Elena and Atsushi Miyano probably wasn't a sudden death accident. Elena took the time to leave tapes for Shiho, and given the theme of the tapes' content, it suggests Elena was intentionally leaving something behind for her daughter. Most people don't leave such deliberate mementos if they think that they will be alive later. The act of leaving the tapes indicates that Elena knew something would happen or she was about to do something that she might not survive. A situation where death is known to be likely doesn’t seem like it should be called an “accident”.

The contradiction could be resolved if the incident involved a slow death, i.e. there was an accident and then Elena left the tapes as she was dying. Another possibility is that whatever dangerous thing the Miyano's undertook that killed them was kept secret even from other highly ranked BO members like Pisco. Still another possibility is that the Miyano's didn't die, but faked their death (or tried to) in an accident and Elena prepared the tapes before going into hiding.

Ha ha I appreciate the rep! I'm glad I decided to waste 15-30 minutes searching around the Internet for these blogs and translating them, right before my summer class started.

Oh yeah, good point - it's more likely that Anokata is a character whose name has been mentioned but who hasn't actually appeared, isn't it? I vote for one of the Miyanos being Anokata, then.

You're welcome. I personally have always been a fan of the "Mouri-arty" theory since I realized Kogoro's family background is a big black hole that Gosho has never offered any hints about despite Kogoro being a main character. I think Kogoro's relatives and their past are hiding major plot, be it a crime related to the Black Org that is a major key that will allow Conan to uncover the boss's identity (or something else equally big like the location of the boss or some operatives' real names), or that the boss himself/herself is a Mouri. (Note I am NOT saying Kogoro is the boss. That would be silly.)

As for a relative of Kogoro's ordering Kogoro's death, I don't really think this a problem because they are likely estranged. Neither Ran nor Kogoro mention anyone related to them, family visits, or anything like that as would be expected of a normal extended family situation (see Sonoko for comparison).

I think Atsushi and Elena Miyano are a bit too young to be anokata, assuming their aging is normal, and the boss has been the same one all along. It would also meant they ordered the deaths of their daughters. Elena I am definitely against being the boss per what I listed in the not the boss list about how nice she seemed. Atsushi is less clear-cut because we don't know what kind of person he was. He did marry Elena though and brought his daughter on a visit to a friend's house.

• Upvote 1