Detective Conan World
meitanteiconan

When will Detective Conan end?

191 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Conan will end?

Some thoughts indeed (other than the fact that your post has a spoiler in capital letters) : the same things were said every time some event happened in DC (in 2003 with the files corresponding to volume 42 or in 2008 with Shinich's return etc).

no, based from the latest interview that gosho has announce that he already think the most epic for the ending and it also he said he want retire at the same age of prof. agasa so that means 4 years from now on and the sad news for me is they only have 4 movies left even though i havent watch m-16, though. i hope the remain four movies they will make is something beyond amazing from the previous one.

no, based from the latest interview that gosho has announce that he already think the most epic for the ending and it also he said he want retire at the same age of prof. agasa so that means 4 years from now on and the sad news for me is they only have 4 movies left even though i havent watch m-16, though. i hope the remain four movies they will make is something beyond amazing from the previous one.

Don't worry, they'll probably continue making movies after the manga ends.

I have this strange thought.

In the end, Conan will somehow 'die', but maybe a few months later,

they spot him/he makes an appearance. I thought so because since its sort of

based on Sherlock Holmes, in 'The Final Problem', Sherlock supposedly 'died'

but some time later he's alive again. O.o

or Gosho aoyama could set it up like that and make people totally expect him to come back to life but he never does haha.

I hope he will write the ending on a piece of paper and hide it or something like that, in case he dies

I think the producers will decide to wind down the series when one of the following happens:

-The producers run out of desire to continue the series

-The series' popularity plunges to a point where the franchise is losing a substantial amount of money.

When that happens, I can guarantee that the producers will:

-Wind down all plot lines currently open (e.g. Kaito Kid's pursuit of the Pandora Gem) and "lock in" all established relationship pairs (e.g. Agasa & Fusae, Chiba & Naeko, Takagi & Sato, Shiratori & Kobayashi, etc.)

-Have the BO taken down and its key members taken into custody

-Introduce the ultimate antidote for APTX-4869 so that Shinichi can abandon his Conan persona for good

-Decide the ultimate fate of each of the main characters

I want it to end pretty soon, to be honest. But I know it won't, there's so many secrets still not found out. I don't want it to be like A Series of Unfortunate Events books, where they ended not telling any secrets which was really annoying for me. And I don't want it to go until Gosho goes.

I want it to end pretty soon, to be honest. But I know it won't, there's so many secrets still not found out. I don't want it to be like A Series of Unfortunate Events books, where they ended not telling any secrets which was really annoying for me. And I don't want it to go until Gosho goes.

Lots of plot holes to cover up <_<

For my opinion I like to DC end as soon as possible. Don't get me wrong but I think DC reached its limit to point out what the story is all about and because that I love this series much more to other, I don't want to end up this series just like Bleach that only the demand of the public dictate how long it will goes. We as a matter of fact Gosho-sama said that he already has the script for its ending and I'm looking forward to it and hoping that it does not disappoint everyone for its ending. Also I want to have soundtrack (opening and ending) for the final arc or series of is anime to have a very sad ambient music, just like any other typical ending theme of this series so that when ever I heard that music I can remember the scene and memorable quotes of the characters until the end.

I really want to see the end where shinichi brings down the organization and then turn back to normal, but i don't want it to end there. I want to see episodes and chapter of shinichi as a teen again going up against Kaitou Kid and working with Heiji and solving more crimes!!!!! then shinichi also has to beat his dad! 

I don't even know if I want it to end T.T Sure I do look forward to a clear, logical, reasonable ending but DC has been an important part of my childhood and I really don't want Aoyama-sama to stop drawing T.T

Detective Conan is an awesome anime, it wouldn't be going on for 16 plus years if it wasn't good. People love Detective Conan, it's exciting, lots of drama, heartbreak, mystery, comedy, and a lot of fun. I wish Detective Conan could go on forever since I love everything there is to Detective Conan. I'm not sure when it will end, but when it does, it's definetly going to end up with smiles, tears of joy and happiness, tears of sadness that it's ending, a happy ending for the characters, and something we all will not regret.  ;)  ^_^

I wish Detective Conan will never end, but it's going to someday, and we all have to be ready for it when the time comes. We all will hold all the memories that Detective Conan has brought to us. Comedy, laughs, love, drama, sadness, pain, anger, regret, knowledge, and fun times. So I don't know when it's going to end, but when it does, it's for the best, and I'm sure they're going to make the best last episode ever that we won't forget!! ^_^

you guys i wanna say smthing , i started watching conan whn i was 15 now im 21 :D  , im just hoping it will end before i get married :rolleyes: , or maybe im gonna watch the last episode with my babies :lol:  , i will make them watch the hundreds episodes and all the movies , mangas ovas i got , just like me xD 

Ok, I get that people want it to go on longer, but I'd think having it end while the author is able to write a conclusion is better than say it ending through cancellation and not getting closure.

Ok, I get that people want it to go on longer, but I'd think having it end while the author is able to write a conclusion is better than say it ending through cancellation and not getting closure.

yeah, i agree..

I was just thinking, how much longer would this anime last? I mean, it is amazing, and I don't want it to end, but it's 17 years old, and will probably end at some point. Provided that I did the math correctly, this is what I got.

1.Someone told me that at episode 500, they said it was the halfway point. 

If you set up an equation,702/17=298/X,

Cross multiply, to get 702X=5066,

then simplify to get approximately 7.2.

If I did the math correctly, it will last for 7.2 more years.

2. Aoyama-sama said in an interview that he would "stop writing Meitantei Conan when he was 53", 3 years from now. A different source translated the interview as "The Meitantei Conan TV show will stop when Gosho Aoyama is 53 years old". I don't know which one is correct, though...

Anyways...

Setting up another equation, 702/17=X/3,

the Cross Multiplying, 17X=2106

then simplifying, X is approx. 123.9

123.9 is about 124

702+124=826.

Is Detective Conan only going up to episode 826?

So, is DC going to last for 7.2 more years and 298 more episodes, or is it going to last for 3 more years and 124 more episodes?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The manga wasn't as confusing, as the results were "2.96 more years and 135 more files", and "3 more years and 137 more episodes".

...though I suppose I should only doing this to the manga, as Aoyama-sama does the manga...
  • Upvote 1

The halfway point thing was halfway for Red versus Black, just that anime arc. The animators don't know how long Gosho plans to write.

Gosho probably will end DC when he is older than 53. I don't think he will write a boss arc in anything less than 100 chapters (~2 years); if anything it will be more like 200 chapters (4 years). He also mentioned in a later interview he was thinking of introducing more BO members, so even if the Bourbon arc finishes, there might be more arcs still before the boss arc.

I honestly don't understand the reason to think about when it'll end. And I especially don't understand people, who want to see an ending soon. In my opinion it means that such a people don't really like Conan. Becuase as for me, the ending is the saddest thing in any mystery. When you finished another  mystery novel, that's it, it's finished, there's nothing else about it. No more tricks, no more suspense, nothing. Such a long story is part of Conan's charm. None in the right mind should start to read / watch it because of the ending. The process, that's what really important. When you collecting clues, trying to get deeper into the mystery, that's the fun. Not just a couple of "epic" revelations and "everybody died", or "and they lived happily ever after" in the end. I can see why people want to see an ending of some action series, because most of them is only about epic fight in the end, but since we have a mystery here, it's better for it to go forever. I really want Aoyama-sensei to continue as long as he can draw. I don't want Conan to end.

• Upvote 1

I don't want DC to end, i want Conan destroy the BO, then marry Ran and they have children and a "baby-Shinichi" will be the next detective generation:p

I honestly don't understand the reason to think about when it'll end. And I especially don't understand people, who want to see an ending soon. In my opinion it means that such a people don't really like Conan. Becuase as for me, the ending is the saddest thing in any mystery. When you finished another  mystery novel, that's it, it's finished, there's nothing else about it. No more tricks, no more suspense, nothing. Such a long story is part of Conan's charm. None in the right mind should start to read / watch it because of the ending. The process, that's what really important. When you collecting clues, trying to get deeper into the mystery, that's the fun. Not just a couple of "epic" revelations and "everybody died", or "and they lived happily ever after" in the end. I can see why people want to see an ending of some action series, because most of them is only about epic fight in the end, but since we have a mystery here, it's better for it to go forever. I really want Aoyama-sensei to continue as long as he can draw. I don't want Conan to end.

I think many fans want to see the end before they get married and have children,like me for example XDXD

I don't think I'll follow DC in the future as much as I do now...and after so many years,I'm tired of solving cases,only the BO plot keeps my interest,while at the begining I liked DC only for the cases...I'm afraid that if DC don't end soon I'll lose my interest on it.That doesn't mean I don't like DC...