Detective Conan World
meitanteiconan

When will Detective Conan end?

191 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Conan will end?

Thought that the complaint was the Bourbon arc was a rehashing of the Vermouth arc. You're probably referring to the fact that the titular characters of the past two arcs (Kir and Bourbon) turned out to be disloyal spies infiltrating the BO.

The Rum arc certainly doesn't seem like rehashing, to me... unless you've seen something I haven't.

well not just that

sure there are the spy stuff, but the siblings the sibling finding out about conan, the families law career

i dont want to count anymore

but the rum arc just started so im going to wait until i reply 

man and you will wait 

well not just that

sure there are the spy stuff, but the siblings the sibling finding out about conan, the families law career

i dont want to count anymore

but the rum arc just started so im going to wait until i reply 

man and you will wait 

Eh... saying its exactly like it, like copy/paste... the broad points are similar enough to warrant that accusation. The specifics, however, are not—but for you, broad similarities have been an immense drag, for sure.

Ran's subtle ongoing suspicion arc has its differences from the three previous ones, Masumi is different from Eisuke, Shuichi as Subaru, the Mysterious Child, the Rei/Miyano family connection, Shuichi and Rei's connection and Scotch (presumably), Kaito Kid's brief involvement (whether he'll appear again, in relation to the BO is anyone's guess; Gosho said he may not appear in the final confrontation), the sheer progress of the romances (you may not care, but Shinichi confessing, Shiratori's attempts to interfere with Takagi/Sato ending, Heiji pretty much confessing are milestones in terms of romantic progression), and Ran and Shinichi's connection to Masumi, and the Mysterious Child, and perhaps even the middle brother, have been noteworthy differences from the other arcs. I get that this is simply not enough for you, and things have just taken way too long to happen, but the fact that Gosho is taking such a long time with this (again, I don't believe he's kept the series going for this long only so he and Shogakukan can make more money) means that he wanted to introduce characters, and establish connections in this way—hopefully, the Rum arc will take what the Bourbon arc has given us and deliver answers and resolutions. I don't see any concerted effort to tell Gosho from the DCTP forums users or this forums users that he's been f***ing up and needs to get things moving, so the only reason for all this negativity that I see is for the purpose of letting it out/getting it off the chest, which isn't wrong, at all... criticism is good, but it would be better if people were trying to actually reach Gosho and bringing their criticisms directly to him in order to effect a change... and a change is what you've been dying for, right?

And, yes—I will wait for reactions to the Rum arc... it's not like I have another choice... but I believe, with Rum being the boss' right hand, that we are at least 1-2 arcs from the end—the length of this arc and the following ones? Anyone's guess.

Eh... saying its exactly like it, like copy/paste... the broad points are similar enough to warrant that accusation. The specifics, however, are not—but for you, broad similarities have been an immense drag, for sure.

Ran's subtle ongoing suspicion arc has its differences from the three previous ones, Masumi is different from Eisuke, Shuichi as Subaru, the Mysterious Child, the Rei/Miyano family connection, Shuichi and Rei's connection and Scotch (presumably), Kaito Kid's brief involvement (whether he'll appear again, in relation to the BO is anyone's guess; Gosho said he may not appear in the final confrontation), the sheer progress of the romances (you may not care, but Shinichi confessing, Shiratori's attempts to interfere with Takagi/Sato ending, Heiji pretty much confessing are milestones in terms of romantic progression), and Ran and Shinichi's connection to Masumi, and the Mysterious Child, and perhaps even the middle brother, have been noteworthy differences from the other arcs. I get that this is simply not enough for you, and things have just taken way too long to happen, but the fact that Gosho is taking such a long time with this (again, I don't believe he's kept the series going for this long only so he and Shogakukan can make more money) means that he wanted to introduce characters, and establish connections in this way—hopefully, the Rum arc will take what the Bourbon arc has given us and deliver answers and resolutions. I don't see any concerted effort to tell Gosho from the DCTP forums users or this forums users that he's been f***ing up and needs to get things moving, so the only reason for all this negativity that I see is for the purpose of letting it out/getting it off the chest, which isn't wrong, at all... criticism is good, but it would be better if people were trying to actually reach Gosho and bringing their criticisms directly to him in order to effect a change... and a change is what you've been dying for, right?

And, yes—I will wait for reactions to the Rum arc... it's not like I have another choice... but I believe, with Rum being the boss' right hand, that we are at least 1-2 arcs from the end—the length of this arc and the following ones? Anyone's guess.

well said

but i doubt gosho reads critics anymore

let me answer correctly the previous one cause i just went through it as i should have and i apologize for falling asleep

here its like a sauna and its so hot to melt your skin 

i find this ran suspicious of his identity ridiculous, how many times has she come close only to be turn away, like why doubt it after the  third time he proved...fooled...you into believing it is not him

i see eisuke and sera in the same situation on thing is i like him more then her cause he was funny and she was basically, to me and no one has to share this opinion with me, pointless 

this love stuff is beyond boring at this point, i only have respect for takagi and sato, like they tease and tease and tease and introduce new ones and new ones and new ones

its hot i will stop here, my brain is on fire

also

you are awesome, nice chatting with you 

i find this ran suspicious of his identity ridiculous, how many times has she come close only to be turn away, like why doubt it after the  third time he proved...fooled...you into believing it is not him

The idea of a seven-year-old actually being your shrunken boyfriend is ridiculous—how would it happen? And why would he then decide to move in with you? Ran's suspicions are ridiculous... but the coincidences, the similarities between Conan and Shinichi, and the fact that Ran knows Shinichi well lead to her wondering if they are somehow the same person. All the suspicion arcs start, officially, when Ran sees Conan deducing a case on his own, no Sleeping Kogoro/Deduction Queen involved. It took Shinichi until he was 16 until he solved his first case on his own... for a seven-year-old to do so, and in such a similar manner to Shinichi... he's pretty much outing himself to her if he does so.

Especially after the second suspicion arc (Desperate Revival), it seems that Ran is simply in denial—she's subconsciously linked Shinichi and Conan together, but doesn't want to believe that such an insane theory is actually true... for if it was, she'd have to face the reality that Shinichi has lied to her, manipulated her, and doesn't trust her. She doesn't have concrete evidence to back up the theory, and Shinichi's/Conan's tricks create alibis for him that would be unreasonable to doubt, unreasonable to believe that he'd created them to maintain his façade. Even when Ran thinks that he did so during Desperate Revival, during her third suspicion arc, she gets depressed about the notion that he's been so deceitful.

She can't disassociate Conan from Shinichi, but doesn't want to believe that they are the same, due to the implications of such a truth—until she gets evidence and confronts him with it, this will be the status quo. The signs of her being still suspicious are present throughout the arc—complimenting Shinichi/Conan on his knowledge and observations, probing him about his progress on piecing together the clues to uncover the truth behind the crime, and even prompting him to explain something that a seven-year-old shouldn't be able to explain... these three things have been present since Volume 48, and one of the things twice occurred during the Kawanakajima Murder Case. Give credit to Ran 5-5 from the DCTP spoiler box, who runs the Detective Conan – The Red Thread Facebook Page for finding all these clues.

this love stuff is beyond boring at this point, i only have respect for takagi and sato, like they tease and tease and tease and introduce new ones and new ones and new ones

Well, this is a mystery series, and, unless it is a romance like Tagaki/Sato or Kogoro/Eri, there will be objections as to why they are there if they don't advance the plot or develop characters. I think the London confession by Shinichi has potential for character development—it happened nowhere near the end of the series, which was unexpected... also unexpected is Ran's reaction. Sonoko and Kazuha let her hear it about not responding to Shinichi's confession, and it seems as if Ran, herself, is unwilling to respond... like she thinks she doesn't need to... like she thinks (subconsciously, likely) that Shinichi already knows how she feels about him. Add that with Ran's current suspicions, and we could be well heading towards the final suspicion arc—her uncovering/knowing his identity will be quite a change of pace for DC, and allow for character development.

Again, the hope is the Rum arc and the 1-2 arcs after it will finally let loose what has been building up for so long... all that is unresolved.

also

you are awesome, nice chatting with you 

I+posted+it+on+my+class+groups+social+th

The internet is rough... but there are diamonds in that rough.

Apologies for double posting.

What Shuichi said in the post-next Conan's hint (the very last thing in an episode) of Episode 500 was "We're just passing the midpoint." The fact that this is from the anime should be taken with a grain of salt, but why would the anime staff have Shuichi Ikeda say that if it didn't mean anything? If it does mean something, then it means that the Kir Transport Case (Files 599–604/Manga Episodes 301–303) and the Foreign Suspect Case (Files 605–609/Manga Episodes 304–307) are the halfway mark in Detective Conan. Could this mean that Detective Conan will end with Files 1,198–1,218/Manga Episodes 602–614? Both these cases were published from February 26th–May 21st, 2007 in the manga and broadcast for the anime from March 3rd–May 19th, 2008. Detective Conan's first file was released on January 19th, 1994, and the first anime broadcast on January 8th, 1996. The manga was 13 years in by these two cases, and the anime was 12 years in (a year behind, as it pretty much always has been—with a few over/under a year deviations, from time to time). Could this mean Detective Conan will end in 2020 in the manga, and in 2021 in the anime, after 26 years of the manga and 25 for the anime? The Bourbon arc took 6 and 2/3rds years to complete in the manga, and just two weeks short of 7 years in the anime (Files 622–897/Manga Episodes 313–484 (roughly); 276 Files/172 Episodes). If Detective Conan will end in 2020/2021, then the Bourbon arc put us over halfway there—we'd conceivably just have to wait the same amount of time we did for the Bourbon arc to end for the series, itself, to end. File 898–File 1,198/1,218 – 301–321 files to the end/Manga Episode 484–Manga Episode 602/614 – 119–131 episodes to the end. We could be in the last quarter of Detective Conan for the manga and the last 5th for the anime.

I've even narrowed down a possible date for the end of the manga: Wednesday, June 17th, 2020. The Anime end would come within a year of that, obviously.

I tallied up the manga-case only episodes (Save for File 594 – The Fugitive, since it never got an episode, only a TV Special, 7 years later) and ordered them both in anime and manga order (anime had some episodes earlier/later than others in the manga, especially towards the beginning), so that's why I know what Manga Episodes certain cases are.

So this expands my range for Detective Conan's end year: 2020–2035. I'd still be very surprised if it ends as early as 2020, though, especially with Gosho's 28 breaks between September 22nd, 2014 and August 10th, 2015—that's only 18 files released over the course of nearly a year, which is half of what he typically achieves in a year.

It does sound realistic, but can he wrap everything he intended.

Im not that much older then conan

But i do think that the anime will end not a year after the manga but rather 2-4 weeks after the manga, simply cause everyone wants it to be animated as soon as they can

The AOs are not even decent to say the least

It does sound realistic, but can he wrap everything he intended.

Im not that much older then conan

But i do think that the anime will end not a year after the manga but rather 2-4 weeks after the manga, simply cause everyone wants it to be animated as soon as they can

The AOs are not even decent to say the least

To wrap everything up will likely take him a year or more beyond June 17th, 2020, so I'm just keeping it in mind—when we get to that day, we'll likely be able to form a theory of when it will end.

They could certainly rush the anime adaptations to completion with 1-2.5 hour specials and no AOs, once the manga ends.

I'm sure there are some moments for characters that I'd like, but in terms of mystery, I trust your assessment. I hope for your sake (and many others' sakes) that they eventually improve, so the AO periods won't be referred to as "hell," and people simply skip them. You have to wonder why the AOs up to the Kir arc were of fairly good quality, but pretty much all the ones after declined so sharply.

The Conan arc (Files 1–175/Episodes 1–128), the Vermouth arc (Files 238–434/Episodes 176–345), and the first 3 acts of the Bourbon arc, or the Pre-Mystery Train-Half, if you prefer, (Files 622–824/Episodes 509–704) were the longest story arcs in the series. If we could make it through those, not to mention the 21 and 1/2 years of this manga, then I think the wait for the end won't be so bad.

On another note, Gosho could've spared himself the flack you and so many others on DCW and DCTP gave him by (and there's undoubtedly more to be added to this list, in terms of specific suggestions, or broad ones):

• Introducing Masumi and Rei/Tooru after the Department Store Bomber Case/The Crisis Beckoned by the Red Omen (Files 700–704/Episodes 578–581). This would've made the "year-and-a-half plot break" between August 24th, 2009 (Release of File 704) and March 24th, 2011 (Release of File 767—the last file before Masumi's introduction) far more tolerable. Thus, even before Masumi's original introduction in File 768/Episode 646, the Mystery Train Case would be complete. No waiting four-and-a-half-years for the revelation of a mystery that couldn't be solved until it was four years old, already.
  • This would go for the entire Bourbon arc—combine small plot elements/developments of separate cases into a bigger case with, thus, bigger story implications, or have characters pursue mysteries more aggressively than they do in the original manga. For example—have the six cases Masumi is featured in after Mystery Train (Files 818–824/Episodes 701–704) be combined into three or even two. Another—have Shiho/Ai be suspicious of Subaru being Shuichi/Dai from the start and try to expose his voice changer in the cases they appear together in, and have her become more dogged and determined in these efforts after Online Client/Detectives' Nocturne (Files 796–800/Episodes 671–674). In fact, it'd probably be wise to have her find out that Subaru is Dai Moroboshi and he is Shuichi Akai by Mystery Train, Scarlet Showdown, or somewhere in-between—the same goes for Masumi. Another—have Chiba's/Naeko's two cases (Files 741–742/Episode 624 and Files 790–792/Episodes 659–660) combined into just one, in which they get together, and that's the end. No more complaining about it. 
  • Alternatively, have one of them have a BO connection, and explore that. This would also go for other characters who are accused of having no meaningful purpose.
  • Having Shuichi/Subaru, Masumi and Shiho/Ai work with Shinichi/Conan and Yukiko to outwit Bourbon and Vermouth on the Mystery Train Case, but still have Bourbon begin to scrutinize Shuichi's "death" even further by the end of it. No Kaitou Kid coming in.
  • Scarlet Showdown—have Rei/Tooru go even further, threatening Masumi, Ran, Kogoro, the Detective Boys, and Shiho/Ai. Not with bombs or poison or actual methods of harm, but with keen knowledge and threats to try and get Shuichi to surrender himself. Have the Mysterious Child (and Shukichi, if he's the middle brother) intervene on Shinichi's/Conan's behalf, allowing him, Shuichi, Jodie and Andre to get out of it. We've yet to see Shuichi/Subaru and Rei/Tooru since this story (Files 894–898/Episodes 781–783), so only time will tell to what degree he was fooled by Yusaku disguising as Subaru. If he was completely fooled, have him not be, and if he wasn't, that'll do. Have the next few files and even cases have a hair-trigger standoff feel, until we get answers about Shuichi's and Rei's/Tooru's past in the Organization and the fate of Scotch. Have Rei/Tooru investigate and realize that Conan is Shinichi, even.
  • Have a flashback case featuring Shuichi, Rei, Akemi, Shiho, Scotch, Gin, Vermouth, and Jinpei Matsuda, alongside another character (Wataru Date, Jodie, or even Kogoro). Have there be a mystery to be solved. Let it be explained how Scotch died and how that drives Rei to get revenge on Shuichi. Heck, have Rum be introduced in silhouette at the end, and have that be the start of the Rum arc, followed by the Kamaitachi Murder Case (Files 909–912) and the Kawanakajima Murder Case (Files 913–917; Kuroda's introduction, and have him appear at the end of File 917 in Tokyo and have the scene at the end of File 920 occur there).

With me having no idea where Gosho's going to take the manga in the next few years, I'm not worried about predictability (not that I was, in the first place). Who knows where we're going next, with the Rum arc? I'll say this, though—Sakurako Yonehara is going to play a role. She might be the Ariade of the Rum arc, in some shape or form.

I can say that the AOs beffore the kir arc were great/good wirh some ones that were awful.

Its like the anime team became lazy and out of imagination, woth many cases promoting japan and its food...and i dont need that. Certanly japanese watchers dont ned that to know how great their country is.

The thing now is that i dont want this rum arc to be pointlessly long as the amuro arc was.

Vermouth and kir were done justice, but later on it hurt following it.

I dont think yonehara is any more important then that kobayashi detective they had long ago.

I dont think yonehara is any more important then that kobayashi detective they had long ago.

Detective? Aren't you talking about Shinichi's/Conan's, Shiho's/Ai's and the Detective Boys teacher?

Sakurako doesn't have the connection to those three like their teacher does—she's a maid who appeared during Eye for an Eye/The Design of Poison and Mirage (Files 781–786/Episodes 652–655). I think a lot of people thought she was the culprit of that case, when it was going on. Then, in Shukichi's introduction (Files 847–849/Episodes 731–732), she appears again, and again in the Talent Blog Murder Case (Files 918–920). She even wound up being the keyhole character of Volume 87. If she's not related to the plot (or should I say going to be) then why did Gosho have her appear again, after her initial appearance? Gosho could've easily had her be just like the maid on the keyhole of the volume (79) that contains the Vampire Mansion Case/Heiji Hattori and the Vampire Mansion (Files 834–840/Episodes 712–715)—she was just a case-specific character. Why did Gosho have her take notice of Shinichi's/Conan's intelligence, and so quickly, at that? (not that it would be difficult for someone to take notice, but why her?) 

Ariade's connection to the main characters was more apparent, of course, but no one but the attentive saw why he kept appearing—others didn't understand what his purpose was, or why he'd even been introduced, to begin with. The same could apply with Sakurako, for the Rum arc. I very much doubt that she, herself, is Rum, but I think she'll have a connection that may provide Shinichi/Conan with a clue/clues to solve the Rum mystery. If she's not going to play such a role, then why has she kept appearing? She's not a love interest, and has no connections to the main characters—the only people she's connected to are Chiba and Naeko, and while that may lead some to say, "that's why she's there, then," I can't agree. While I can certainly accept the argument that Shukichi is a red herring, the same does not apply for Sakurako.  She's not a prime suspect for a mystery character—she's just... there, purpose yet to be revealed, and I don't believe that Gosho just has her there for no reason. Chiba and Naeko, at least, have the romance excuse (and that's irrespective of the validity of such an excuse).

Its like the anime team became lazy and out of imagination, woth many cases promoting japan and its food...and i dont need that. Certanly japanese watchers dont ned that to know how great their country is.

So people realize that Gosho's not the only one with an imagination problem, and that his is not as bad as theirs?

The thing now is that i dont want this rum arc to be pointlessly long as the amuro arc was.

Vermouth and kir were done justice, but later on it hurt following it.

Well, it's been over a year and two months since the Rum arc began, but Gosho's health was an issue for him this past year, so that should definitely factor into things.

Questions to be answered from the Bourbon arc (and other issues to be resolved):

• Who is Scotch? Shuichi's and Rei's/Tooru's past needs to be revealed, here.
  • Who is the mysterious child? It's been over a year since she appeared, so I'd say we're due.
  • Is the middle brother Shukichi, or has Masumi been in contact with Shuichi/Subaru, and lied to Shinichi/Conan about having a second brother? Hopefully, with this being a two-and-a-half-year old mystery, we should be getting some answers soon, perhaps even in the case that's underway, now.
  • Revelation of Shuichi's/Subaru's identity to Shiho/Ai and Masumi.
  • Masumi's past with Shinichi, Ran, and Rei/Tooru explained. 

With Rum being the Boss' second-in-command, and even more important than Gin, this current arc is likely the third-to-last, at the very least. Given how long the mysteries of the Vermouth arc have endured, they and the Bourbon arc mysteries might be revealed simultaneously, as things progress. When both these sets of mysteries start being finally revealed, the end may be in sight—the next BO case should be a good marker, too; it's been awhile since Shinichi/Conan went on the offensive, so...

With the suggestions from my previous post, combined with more appearances from Kir and Vermouth, I don't think those arcs would have been as damaged by the Bourbon arc as they were. Again, it's the fact that Gosho has put so much on hold for so long that is the most damaging to his manga—debate about execution, if you will, but had the Bourbon arc been finished by, say, the late 700s or fairly early 800s, I don't think it would've taken so much flak.

Detective? Aren't you talking about Shinichi's/Conan's, Shiho's/Ai's and the Detective Boys teacher?

No, I think he's talking about this character: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Detective_Kobayashi#Detective_Kobayashi

He's one of the unimportant backround filler characters that actually got a name. Utmost unimportant overall, which is why he was used by RB as a comparison to Yonehara's importance.

No, I think he's talking about this character: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Detective_Kobayashi#Detective_Kobayashi

He's one of the unimportant backround filler characters that actually got a name. Utmost unimportant overall, which is why he was used by RB as a comparison to Yonehara's importance.

Oh... that's who he was talking about.

That guy's an anime only character, right? Unless he's a character that Gosho or his assistants have drawn that he never named. He first appeared in Episode 146: Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story, Part I and he last appeared in Episode 322 (AO): The Kidnappers Disappearing Getaway Car. I don't think that's a worthy comparison to make with Sakurako, since he hasn't appeared since the Vermouth arc, never got on the keyhole of a manga volume, and is a police detective—if you think about the latter, no police detective, either from Tokyo, Osaka, or Nagano, has had an effect on the BO plot. Even Ariade and his family maid had bigger influence on that score (I may be opening myself up for a lashing, here... I don't know, but I'm just wondering if anyone has an issue with this statement).

It makes sense that we'd see random police detectives more than once, but this maid (Sakurako)? Why would Gosho have her appear after Eye for an Eye/The Design of Poison and Mirage? Again, he could've easily made her a one-case character, and yet, she's still around.

It makes sense that we'd see random police detectives more than once, but this maid (Sakurako)? Why would Gosho have her appear after Eye for an Eye/The Design of Poison and Mirage? Again, he could've easily made her a one-case character, and yet, she's still around.

I'm not sure about it but I heard that Gosho likes her voice actress so he keeps her in the story.

I think that Chek, clever as she is, can give you a list of characters that have been more then once in a BO arc and their importance.

Right or wrong, i stand by that she will be of no importance.

Based on the backround we were given about her and that she is the help, i dont see anything relevant for her.

Lets say that she is, the ever now popular thing in dc, spy...Why is she a maid

Also if he is going to pull a stunt like the one in araides case or a similar one with her, i would lose some respect for him

I would lose some respect for him

Aw, so you do have respect for him, even after all these years.  ^_^

Based on the backround we were given about her and that she is the help, i dont see anything relevant for her.

Lets say that she is, the ever now popular thing in dc, spy...Why is she a maid

I ask again: why does she keep appearing, then? I don't think she's a spy—I think she'll have a connection to the BO/Rum that Shinichi/Conan will be able to explore.

Fact is, if she has no relevance to the plot, she shouldn't have appeared past her intro case, and she shouldn't have appeared on Volume 87's keyhole.

I reflect back at the older stuff he did for my grade of his work.

Its is a valid point that you have made there, but like shadow said it could be cause of the voice actress. Mine would be cause he thinks its funy that she is always working for a soon to be dead man

I will high five you if you are right

• Upvote 1

So this expands my range for Detective Conan's end year: 2020–2035. I'd still be very surprised if it ends as early as 2020, though, especially with Gosho's 28 breaks between September 22nd, 2014 and August 10th, 2015—that's only 18 files released over the course of nearly a year, which is half of what he typically achieves in a year.

I mean, DC is great and all, but

3dd.png

I just want to finish it before I lose all of my interest, ya know...

3dd.png

You read my post, right? It could very well be that DC will end in June, 2020, given the possibility that Files 599–609/Episodes 498–504 are the halfway point of the series, given Shuichi Ikeda's comment at the very end of Episode 500: "We're just passing the halfway point."

How long will you give DC before you say, "I'm out."?

As I thought.

cant blame me for that bro :)

unnecessary plot is unnecessary 

3dd.png

kenzi, the norm for awesome

You read my post, right? It could very well be that DC will end in June, 2020, given the possibility that Files 599–609/Episodes 498–504 are the halfway point of the series, given Shuichi Ikeda's comment at the very end of Episode 500: "We're just passing the halfway point."

How long will you give DC before you say, "I'm out."?

you know, about that, at that moment how did any of them know ( even, lets say, gosho ) that it is the halfway point

you can plan but, yu never know what case you are going to come up with and what you want and dont want to do or what and dont want to be this an that long or something you know

he wanted to have a case a rans karate tournament but dropped that one ( i think thats the rumor )

also pardon me for replying this late for your keyhole theory, had to check something out

she does appear, but so does sonokos sister and were is she after all these decades

so does okino yoko, and she is just comedy fuel for my fave kogoro

you have shiratori who was not even his invention so to speak

you have hakuba there for some reason

you also have that karate sempai of ran, and where is she 

then you have eris secretary, i think she was first a anime team character

also there is another keyhole maid in one of my fave cases ever: " heiji and the vampire mansion"...she is where now

dont read much in to that keyhole stuff

you know that woman bartender in kogoro in the bar case, i made an assumption that she was something important

maybe she will be that later on, but now its nothing

you know, about that, at that moment how did any of them know ( even, lets say, gosho ) that it is the halfway point

you can plan but, yu never know what case you are going to come up with and what you want and dont want to do or what and dont want to be this an that long or something you know

he wanted to have a case a rans karate tournament but dropped that one ( i think thats the rumor )

also pardon me for replying this late for your keyhole theory, had to check something out

she does appear, but so does sonokos sister and were is she after all these decades

so does okino yoko, and she is just comedy fuel for my fave kogoro

you have shiratori who was not even his invention so to speak

you have hakuba there for some reason

you also have that karate sempai of ran, and where is she 

then you have eris secretary, i think she was first a anime team character

also there is another keyhole maid in one of my fave cases ever: " heiji and the vampire mansion"...she is where now

dont read much in to that keyhole stuff

you know that woman bartender in kogoro in the bar case, i made an assumption that she was something important

maybe she will be that later on, but now its nothing

I can't say how much or even whether they knew, but Shuichi Ikeda's line can't be referring to anything but the series, itself—I can't think of anything else that would've been at the halfway-point, at the time of Episode 500 (March, 2008). And he said the line after Jodie's voice actress said, "It's our 500th broadcast," and right after Minami Takayama said "Thanks, everyone!"

Of course Gosho has aborted storylines (Fusae Campbell) or stories that he never wrote—it took him years to write the London case, for example.

18 of the 87 keyhole characters are case-specific (they don't appear after that). Shiratori's the only movie character to interest/catch Gosho's attention enough for him to be put in the manga. A lot of characters that appeared at least twice in the first 20 volumes (Joji Hatamoto, Takaya Mifune, Ayako and her fiance, Kazumi Sanada, and Shiro and Tomoko Suzuki (Sonoko's parents)) either haven't appeared since, or it took them a really long while to. It was apparent why all the case-specific keyhole characters were present at said specific case, but it's not clear why Sakurako keeps appearing (I'll consider the voice actress claim, but could it also mean that Gosho likes the voice actress enough to have her character play a role in the plot?).

Thing with Sakurako is, she's appeared three times, which is more then any of the aforementioned characters, and all within the past 13 volumes. Barely any of those aforementioned characters appeared after the Conan arc, while Sakurako has appeared in the pre-Mystery Train and post-Mystery Train parts of the Bourbon arc and the Rum arc. Before Shiho/Ai was introduced, the gears that were the plot really didn't move. The only plot strand that carried on from the Conan arc was Tequila, which was brought up in Itakura's debut, and quickly morphed into one of the innumerable dangling plot threads of the Vermouth arc. The plot progresses differently, now, then it did before Shiho's/Ai's introduction.

Being on a keyhole means that you're important to a specific case, you're a main character, or you have, at the very least, a somewhat strong connection to the main character—more often than not, the keyhole characters play some kind of role in at least a single case. The Blue Parrot bartender provided the hints for Shinichi/Conan to solve the case. Sakurako? She's noticed Shinichi's/Conan's intelligence. That's pretty much it, when you think about it. Yet Gosho keeps having her appear, as if she's a Chekhov's gun, waiting to go off.

You could be right—Gosho could never have her play a role in the plot. As you keep reminding me, she's just a maid, who's voice actress Gosho happens to like... but is that really all she is? She's not apparently important to the plot, but is different from early recurring characters and case-specific characters who appeared on the keyholes. I just think it'd be a waste for Gosho to not have a recurring character play some kind of role in the story.

I can't say how much or even whether they knew, but Shuichi Ikeda's line can't be referring to anything but the series, itself—I can't think of anything else that would've been at the halfway-point, at the time of Episode 500 (March, 2008). And he said the line after Jodie's voice actress said, "It's our 500th broadcast," and right after Minami Takayama said "Thanks, everyone!"

Of course Gosho has aborted storylines (Fusae Campbell) or stories that he never wrote—it took him years to write the London case, for example.

18 of the 87 keyhole characters are case-specific (they don't appear after that). Shiratori's the only movie character to interest/catch Gosho's attention enough for him to be put in the manga. A lot of characters that appeared at least twice in the first 20 volumes (Joji Hatamoto, Takaya Mifune, Ayako and her fiance, Kazumi Sanada, and Shiro and Tomoko Suzuki (Sonoko's parents)) either haven't appeared since, or it took them a really long while to. It was apparent why all the case-specific keyhole characters were present at said specific case, but it's not clear why Sakurako keeps appearing (I'll consider the voice actress claim, but could it also mean that Gosho likes the voice actress enough to have her character play a role in the plot?).

Thing with Sakurako is, she's appeared three times, which is more then any of the aforementioned characters, and all within the past 13 volumes. Barely any of those aforementioned characters appeared after the Conan arc, while Sakurako has appeared in the pre-Mystery Train and post-Mystery Train parts of the Bourbon arc and the Rum arc. Before Shiho/Ai was introduced, the gears that were the plot really didn't move. The only plot strand that carried on from the Conan arc was Tequila, which was brought up in Itakura's debut, and quickly morphed into one of the innumerable dangling plot threads of the Vermouth arc. The plot progresses differently, now, then it did before Shiho's/Ai's introduction.

Being on a keyhole means that you're important to a specific case, you're a main character, or you have, at the very least, a somewhat strong connection to the main character—more often than not, the keyhole characters play some kind of role in at least a single case. The Blue Parrot bartender provided the hints for Shinichi/Conan to solve the case. Sakurako? She's noticed Shinichi's/Conan's intelligence. That's pretty much it, when you think about it. Yet Gosho keeps having her appear, as if she's a Chekhov's gun, waiting to go off.

You could be right—Gosho could never have her play a role in the plot. As you keep reminding me, she's just a maid, who's voice actress Gosho happens to like... but is that really all she is? She's not apparently important to the plot, but is different from early recurring characters and case-specific characters who appeared on the keyholes. I just think it'd be a waste for Gosho to not have a recurring character play some kind of role in the story.

When you explain it like that it is something to think about, regarding the keyholes.

But maybe she will jump start rans suspition on conan and shinichi being one...just a theo.

Maybe they ment halfway in the plot. ???

Shiratori's the only movie character to interest/catch Gosho's attention enough for him to be put in the manga. 

Don't forget Chiba! He was originally first introduced in movie 4!

From the wiki: ""Initially, he was introduced as a minor role in the 4th Detective Conan Movie, as well as with a minor cameo in The Final Screening Murder Case. He later takes more of a noticeable role throughout the series.""

Takagi was also introduced in an Anime Original episode (ep021) and is added in to a lot of of animated manga cases that he was not originally in, His first manga appearance was ch171 which is ep102-103. 

Azusa, the poirot cafe worker as well. she first appears in two tv original cases (ep152 and 207) and then was added into an animated manga case that she was not originally in, and then was added into the manga at ch438 which is ep350-351

There are probably a few more as well, but I can't remember