Detective Conan World
meitanteiconan

When will Detective Conan end?

191 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think Conan will end?

All I really want now is to just wait for a bunch of important stuff to come out (including the ending) and watch it all at once :P But I don't want it to end in like 10 years because I might get bored waiting for DC to end...

Hopefully it will end somewhere in the next two years (seeing as it feels like it's drawing to a close). I dislike waiting, but if it ends now I'm likely to be upset that it's gone (not to mention a large portion of DCW would be gone). Not to mention if it dragged on like Pokemon, the number of viewers would be dramatically decreased...unless they found some way to spice it up. I kind of want to see the entire ending in one go without the wait, like when I forgot about DC for 3 or 4 years and came back to find some hundred episodes/chapters for me to watch/read.

Hopefully it will end somewhere in the next two years (seeing as it feels like it's drawing to a close). I dislike waiting, but if it ends now I'm likely to be upset that it's gone (not to mention a large portion of DCW would be gone). Not to mention if it dragged on like Pokemon, the number of viewers would be dramatically decreased...unless they found some way to spice it up. I kind of want to see the entire ending in one go without the wait, like when I forgot about DC for 3 or 4 years and came back to find some hundred episodes/chapters for me to watch/read.

This.

Well, Aoyama-sensei said in an interview that he wants to retire when he is Agasa's age (52)

He is currently 48.... so, I think DC will end under the next 4 years coz he would want to continue with Magic Kaito and Tell me a Lie! He also said the the ending will be a happy one :D

^ I'm going to have to correct you here, too - sorry if this bothers you, but I want to make sure that no one misunderstands anything. ^^;

Gosho also said that he'll probably want to draw again if he does retire, so he hasn't specifically decided anything yet. I wouldn't count on Gosho to retire in 4-5 years based on the interview, because the interview is fairly ambiguous.

Here is the original answer:

Q:何歳まで現役でいたいですか?

Until what age do you want to stay active?

A:まあできる限り。阿笠博士の年(53歳)までには隠居したいな、とも思いますけど、隠居したらまた漫画描きたくなるんじゃないかって。最初からずっと一緒にやってるアシスタントたちも年を取ってますから大変です。でもチャップリンみたいに「代表作は次回作」って言っときます!

As long as I can. I want to retire when I reach Agasa's age (53), I think, but once I retire I think I'll start wanting to draw manga again. The assistants who've been with me since the beginning are aging, too – there's a lot of trouble. But, just like Chaplin, I'll keep saying “My best work is my next work”!

As you can see, Gosho hasn't really decided anything. ^^

@justwantanaccount: Thanks for that! :)

And I don't mind one bit :D People tend to make mistakes and it's always good if they are corrected ^_^

But, I really think Aoyama Sensei should end DC within the next 4-5 years.... though I'm kinda sad and happy thinking about it :(

Lol. I looked back at older posts from like a year ago... It's weird knowing that back then, there was only like 575 episodes, and now in the end of summer 2011, there's 626 episodes. In another year or two, someone will look at my post and will be like "hahaha. there's more than 700 episodes now and so much things have happened since then." *sigh* if only I can make time travel faster, just to continue watching new dc episodes without waiting every week...

• Upvote 1

From the current time, I'd have to place a guess at at least two years. Probably more, knowing how Gosho drags stuff on. After all, we have to complete the Bourbon arc, and then there's the Boss arc. Maybe something in the middle. All in all, it's guaranteed we'll have more for the next two years. Maybe it'll last until I'm out of college! (I'm not in college yet)

The author knows the ending and he kept it to himself for a long time afraid that if he ends the series he will loss big profit. Talk about greedy people gezz..

I love it how you base your conclusion on speculation.