Detective Conan World
KudoShinichi

Justin Bieber

Do you like Justin B?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no?

If Justin was really a girl, I wouldn't be surprised.

So I don't offend anyone, I will call him "feminine".

I have some of his songs on my iPod [or at least I used to, before I broke it]. I had Baby, Never Let You Go, and Somebody To Love. I thought those were catchy. I can't stand any of his only songs and albums.

I find him extremely "feminine" because:

:arrow: I can sing lower than he does. [to give him credit, I guess he's hitting puberty now.]

:arrow: I find his new perfume both revolting and fragrant.

:arrow: His nail polish line makes me want to puke.

:arrow: The fact that he pierced his ears.

And I just hate him. Plain ol' hate him.

Why do people always say he sing like a girl?! Chris Brown does to.....before he hit puberty....

Justin Bieber hit puberty already! His voice sound like a younger Chris Brown now! His voice sound like that make him more famous!

By the way:

To all HATERZ:

Is gay? He has a girlfriend.

Can't sing? Usher and Justin Timberlake fought over him.

Is ugly? Millions of girls think he's the hottest guy alive, and he's on millions of posters everywhere.

He's weak? He broke his foot on stage and carried on singing.

He's heartless? Listen to pray.

He's unsuccessful? 17 years old, 29 albums, 1 movie and a bunch of unauthorized documentary, 1 book.

So do your research before become a HATERZ

Why do people always say he sing like a girl?! Chris Brown does to.....before he hit puberty....

Justin Bieber hit puberty already! His voice sound like a younger Chris Brown now! His voice sound like that make him more famous!

By the way:

To all HATERZ:

Is ugly? Millions of girls think he's the hottest guy alive, and he's on millions of posters everywhere.

He's unsuccessful? 17 years old, 29 albums, 1 movie and a bunch of unauthorized documentary, 1 book.

I hate him because he's so perfect???

No, I hate his music... his voice... his girlfriend (hate Sel just because him)...

Do I need the reason to hate someone famous???

I think is yes... And the reason is NOTHING!!! I JUST HATE HIM!!!

Ok...

I request a lock for this thread please.

I don't think so...

By the way:

To all HATERZ:

-takes deep breath-

Has a girlfriend? Wow, I never knew having a girlfriend instantly made you not gay. Let me call all the married gay men who are still in the closet because they want to seem normal! (Fact: there are a lot of gay men and women who marry the opposite sex because they don't want to be ridiculed or worse)

Can sing? THE GUY USES AUTOTUNE! That instantly invalidates any talent he may or may not have.

Listen to pray? Just did, made it less than 30 seconds because I couldn't stand the autotune. And realized making nice songs does not make someone not be a complete and utter asshole. Yes he is, he is also a pompous jerk. He is the only other pop star that actually angers me like Kesha does...

He is very successful, no idea what sort of bearing that has on his future though. Come back when he passes the "OMG ITS JUSTIN BIEBER" stage of his career. You know the same wall that has destroyed every other tween idol group in the past. Just because someone is popular in the current state and time does not mean the popularity will remain.

Also... where do you get 29 albums from? HE HAS ONE SINGLE STUDIO ALBUM! ONE! ONLY ONE! (I think I should repeat "ONE" a few more times because I have NO flipping clue where the hell you get 29 from, but I'll leave it at 3, 4 if you include this parenthesis) (Never mind, I figured out where, please continue reading on where I'll scold you for that HUGE oversight). He does have 13 music videos though (those aren't albums though)... Seven singles... still not albums... BUT! at least they are physical media that is seen in stores. One EP (bit larger than a Single, but smaller than an album, stands for Extended Play) Four digital singles (so, so far he has 11 singles all tallied up, which by the way are STILL not albums) And was FEATURED in three other singles (so they weren't his singles per say...) SO lets do some math... EVEN IF WE ADD ALL OF HIS OWN PERSONAL WORK, we come to a number of THIRTEEN released "albums" (most of which are singles)

Lets put that into perspective shall we? Lets take a GOOD band that had a similar effect from the 60s. It was a little known group called The Beatles (perhaps you have heard of them) So! by the time they were three years into their careers, much like Justin Bieber (most of them were the same age too minus Ringo)), they had released 10 FULL STUDIO ALBUMS (Mind you that is just up until the same point Justin Bieber is at, midway though the summer), 3 Compilation Albums, 12 EPs, and 17 Singles (I only counted about half from 1964). Many of their songs and singles hit #1 and they were an international sensation.

Compare numbers (I won't include films because THEY ARE MUSICIANS! WHO CARES ABOUT ACTING! I WANT TO HEAR MUSIC!) 42 "albums" for the Beatles and 13 "albums" for Bieber... Mind you as I have explained, Beiber actually only has ONE album, and the Beatles had 10, by the same point in their career.

So you can defend Bieber all you want, but don't bring in research unless you know what you are talking about, please? All it does is make you look like a fool... Like just because when you add up the numbers under "releases" in Wikipedia you come to a number, does not mean those are all albums, or all physical releases... There are words next to them that signify their importance. You should keep that in mind.

Granted he did break his foot and continue on with the show, which is commendable. But still... He does not deserve the praise he is getting. He just doesn't. There are more talented people out there that deserve more praise than him.

I do apologize if this all sounded a bit harsh... I do realize that you are 11 (or so I could gather from your profile, I do so hope you are not a 40 year old single balding guy as internet lore would lead me to believe) and were born after the age of Rock, Punk, Grunge and Metal had their peak in popularity.

I do hope you have a nice day, and please, in 10 years when you look back on your collection of Justin Bieber merchandise, I hope you remember it fondly like most people my age do about (if female) The Backstreet Boys and N'Sync and (if male (I suppose female too)) The Spice girls. And in the unlikely event that he is still around, I'll be sure to congratulate him on beating the odds, because as it stands, I only see one pop idol doing that, which is Lady Gaga, and I don't even harbor that much hope for her either.

Have a fantastic day :) And I'll continue listening to good music like the B'z, Stevie Salas, Steve Vai and Joe Satriani among others who are still releasing music. :) I'll also continue ignoring Justin Bieber, calling him "Beaver" whenever I refer to him, and gleefully hating him. :)

Music these days...The 90's were the last great musical era, slowly dying off in the early 2000's. Soulja Boi, Justin Bieber.. Come on guys.

-takes deep breath-

Has a girlfriend? Wow, I never knew having a girlfriend instantly made you not gay. Let me call all the married gay men who are still in the closet because they want to seem normal! (Fact: there are a lot of gay men and women who marry the opposite sex because they don't want to be ridiculed or worse)

Can sing? THE GUY USES AUTOTUNE! That instantly invalidates any talent he may or may not have.

Listen to pray? Just did, made it less than 30 seconds because I couldn't stand the autotune. And realized making nice songs does not make someone not be a complete and utter asshole. Yes he is, he is also a pompous jerk. He is the only other pop star that actually angers me like Kesha does...

He is very successful, no idea what sort of bearing that has on his future though. Come back when he passes the "OMG ITS JUSTIN BIEBER" stage of his career. You know the same wall that has destroyed every other tween idol group in the past. Just because someone is popular in the current state and time does not mean the popularity will remain.

Also... where do you get 29 albums from? HE HAS ONE SINGLE STUDIO ALBUM! ONE! ONLY ONE! (I think I should repeat "ONE" a few more times because I have NO flipping clue where the hell you get 29 from, but I'll leave it at 3, 4 if you include this parenthesis) (Never mind, I figured out where, please continue reading on where I'll scold you for that HUGE oversight). He does have 13 music videos though (those aren't albums though)... Seven singles... still not albums... BUT! at least they are physical media that is seen in stores. One EP (bit larger than a Single, but smaller than an album, stands for Extended Play) Four digital singles (so, so far he has 11 singles all tallied up, which by the way are STILL not albums) And was FEATURED in three other singles (so they weren't his singles per say...) SO lets do some math... EVEN IF WE ADD ALL OF HIS OWN PERSONAL WORK, we come to a number of THIRTEEN released "albums" (most of which are singles)

Lets put that into perspective shall we? Lets take a GOOD band that had a similar effect from the 60s. It was a little known group called The Beatles (perhaps you have heard of them) So! by the time they were three years into their careers, much like Justin Bieber (most of them were the same age too minus Ringo)), they had released 10 FULL STUDIO ALBUMS (Mind you that is just up until the same point Justin Bieber is at, midway though the summer), 3 Compilation Albums, 12 EPs, and 17 Singles (I only counted about half from 1964). Many of their songs and singles hit #1 and they were an international sensation.

Compare numbers (I won't include films because THEY ARE MUSICIANS! WHO CARES ABOUT ACTING! I WANT TO HEAR MUSIC!) 42 "albums" for the Beatles and 13 "albums" for Bieber... Mind you as I have explained, Beiber actually only has ONE album, and the Beatles had 10, by the same point in their career.

So you can defend Bieber all you want, but don't bring in research unless you know what you are talking about, please? All it does is make you look like a fool... Like just because when you add up the numbers under "releases" in Wikipedia you come to a number, does not mean those are all albums, or all physical releases... There are words next to them that signify their importance. You should keep that in mind.

Granted he did break his foot and continue on with the show, which is commendable. But still... He does not deserve the praise he is getting. He just doesn't. There are more talented people out there that deserve more praise than him.

I do apologize if this all sounded a bit harsh... I do realize that you are 11 (or so I could gather from your profile, I do so hope you are not a 40 year old single balding guy as internet lore would lead me to believe) and were born after the age of Rock, Punk, Grunge and Metal had their peak in popularity.

I do hope you have a nice day, and please, in 10 years when you look back on your collection of Justin Bieber merchandise, I hope you remember it fondly like most people my age do about (if female) The Backstreet Boys and N'Sync and (if male (I suppose female too)) The Spice girls. And in the unlikely event that he is still around, I'll be sure to congratulate him on beating the odds, because as it stands, I only see one pop idol doing that, which is Lady Gaga, and I don't even harbor that much hope for her either.

Have a fantastic day :) And I'll continue listening to good music like the B'z, Stevie Salas, Steve Vai and Joe Satriani among others who are still releasing music. :) I'll also continue ignoring Justin Bieber, calling him "Beaver" whenever I refer to him, and gleefully hating him. :)

For your information, he DOESN'T Do autotune! 29 albums counting the one that Justin will be releasing :) right now he have 5 solid albums!

My world

My world 2.0

My world acoustic

Never say Never

Never say Never remixes

I have a question: How do you KNOW that he does AUTOTUNE????

His voice sound girlish because he haven't hit puberty yet. Now he have, his voice sounded cooler. And he doesn't look like a girl!

I know he doesn't do Autotune because before his voice sounded girlish (which make him famous) and now his voice sound deeper and he also make new song that fit his voice!

For your information, he DOESN'T Do autotune! 29 albums counting the one that Justin will be releasing :) right now he have 5 solid albums!

My world

My world 2.0

My world acoustic

Never say Never

Never say Never remixes

I have a question: How do you KNOW that he does AUTOTUNE????

His voice sound girlish because he haven't hit puberty yet. Now he have, his voice sounded cooler. And he doesn't look like a girl!

I know he doesn't do Autotune because before his voice sounded girlish (which make him famous) and now his voice sound deeper and he also make new song that fit his voice!

Yes he does use autotune. I can tell. You might be so used to it, but I was brought up on music before autotune was really used. So I KNOW what the human voice sounds like, and believe me I have done enough audio mixing to know when a voice has been altered. It may not be as severe as Kesha, Katy Perry or some of Lady Gaga's work, but he still uses it. I personally don't care if he sounds like a girl or not, but he does use Autotune. You can tell by the slightly electronic feel his voice has. Granted from what I have heard, he doesn't do it for every song, but he still does. From the few songs I have listened to for the purpose of this argument, every single one used it. I think you need to figure out what autotune is before you say an artist does or does not use it. (Btw, I've been listening to his music on his website... 95% of the songs have used autotune).

I have had musical training, as well as studio and live mixing training, as well as being brought up WITHOUT autotune (which is how I know when artists use autotune). Perhaps its because you are 11, but really... It is pretty obvious he uses it. I would give you two songs to compare in which he uses autotune in one but not in the other, but I don't know any song names because I begrudgingly listened to the music from his website while replying here so I wasn't looking... And for the record, when he doesn't use autotune he alters his voice with echo and a few other post-recording enhancements. I'm not saying he is a bad singer, from what I have seen when he was younger he did have a pretty decent voice, I just never particularly liked his music, and he does use enhancements. You may not realize you are hearing them, but he does do it.

As for the albums... THE ONLY album he has is My World 2.0. THAT IS IT! DO YOUR RESEARCH! My World is an EP NOT AN ALBUM! Never Say Never is a SINGLE. The other two are remix albums! So 3 in total if you want to add those in to the tally.

So if you add in the remix albums its still only 3. THREE! My god, you really need to take off your fangirl glasses because this is really becoming troublesome. SO 5 Solid albums? More like 1 and 2 half albums, because I usually don't enjoy remixes, unless they are done by other artists in the electronica world. But lets keep it at 3, just to make you happy and keep thinking Bieber is better than he really is.

Also... you are arguing things that I never said...? I never said he sounded like a girl, nor looked like a girl... I only said he uses autotune (which he really does, even if you don't want to believe it).

So let us recap...

Autotune = yes. (How I know? 3 years of music theory, 15 years of learning how to play instruments of various kinds (guitar, drums, piano, and various other percussion instruments, I would list but it would be a long list) Then studio and live mixing training. And simple experience from when Autotune was not used all the time.)

29 albums = no where close. (you never even tried defending that...)

5 albums = still no.

1 studio album + 2 remix albums (total of 3) = yes

Sounds like a girl? = Er... perhaps he does? I never said that though...

Now he doesn't! = FANTASTIC! I still don't care, and that is not an argument against autotune!

Doesn't look like a girl? = Again... Never said it... No idea where you are getting this from... But good for him! He can join the tween idols of days long past!

Also... No offense to you, but you really need to proofread when debating... Your English is all broken. (do != use, have != has...)

I once again wish you well. :)

Yes he does use autotune. I can tell. You might be so used to it, but I was brought up on music before autotune was really used. So I KNOW what the human voice sounds like, and believe me I have done enough audio mixing to know when a voice has been altered. It may not be as severe as Kesha, Katy Perry or some of Lady Gaga's work, but he still uses it. I personally don't care if he sounds like a girl or not, but he does use Autotune. You can tell by the slightly electronic feel his voice has. Granted from what I have heard, he doesn't do it for every song, but he still does. From the few songs I have listened to for the purpose of this argument, every single one used it. I think you need to figure out what autotune is before you say an artist does or does not use it. (Btw, I've been listening to his music on his website... 95% of the songs have used autotune).

I have had musical training, as well as studio and live mixing training, as well as being brought up WITHOUT autotune (which is how I know when artists use autotune). Perhaps its because you are 11, but really... It is pretty obvious he uses it. I would give you two songs to compare in which he uses autotune in one but not in the other, but I don't know any song names because I begrudgingly listened to the music from his website while replying here so I wasn't looking... And for the record, when he doesn't use autotune he alters his voice with echo and a few other post-recording enhancements. I'm not saying he is a bad singer, from what I have seen when he was younger he did have a pretty decent voice, I just never particularly liked his music, and he does use enhancements. You may not realize you are hearing them, but he does do it.

As for the albums... THE ONLY album he has is My World 2.0. THAT IS IT! DO YOUR RESEARCH! My World is an EP NOT AN ALBUM! Never Say Never is a SINGLE. The other two are remix albums! So 3 in total if you want to add those in to the tally.

So if you add in the remix albums its still only 3. THREE! My god, you really need to take off your fangirl glasses because this is really becoming troublesome. SO 5 Solid albums? More like 1 and 2 half albums, because I usually don't enjoy remixes, unless they are done by other artists in the electronica world. But lets keep it at 3, just to make you happy and keep thinking Bieber is better than he really is.

Also... you are arguing things that I never said...? I never said he sounded like a girl, nor looked like a girl... I only said he uses autotune (which he really does, even if you don't want to believe it).

So let us recap...

Autotune = yes. (How I know? 3 years of music theory, 15 years of learning how to play instruments of various kinds (guitar, drums, piano, and various other percussion instruments, I would list but it would be a long list) Then studio and live mixing training. And simple experience from when Autotune was not used all the time.)

29 albums = no where close. (you never even tried defending that...)

5 albums = still no.

1 studio album + 2 remix albums (total of 3) = yes

Sounds like a girl? = Er... perhaps he does? I never said that though...

Now he doesn't! = FANTASTIC! I still don't care, and that is not an argument against autotune!

Doesn't look like a girl? = Again... Never said it... No idea where you are getting this from... But good for him! He can join the tween idols of days long past!

Also... No offense to you, but you really need to proofread when debating... Your English is all broken. (do != use, have != has...)

I once again wish you well. :)

Look, I'm not one of his craze fan like some of my friends are! But I like him enough to see that he doesn't need all the critism comments like

-'he's gay''

-he's a lesbian because he is dating SG'

-'He sing like a girl''.

-'He sucks'

-'Not normal to haven't hit puberty at that age!'

At the beginning of this thread I hate his guts but slowly my friends, Justin Bieber and the movie 'Never Say Never' convince me that he is not that bad. And the thing that convince me the most is 'How he donate so much money to charity!

The awkward moment when someone says Justin Bieber sucks when he's sung with Sean Kingston, Usher, Chris Brown and Ludacris, plays guitar, piano, drums and has an amazing voice, 11 million followers on twitter, 33 million likes on facebook, world tour, sold out MSG in 22 minutes, released a book, a movie, around 5 albums, won over 26 awards. donating all the money he makes off of his new perfume 'Someday' goes to a charity to help build schools for kids that don't have one. and he's only 17.

Look, I'm not one of his craze fan like some of my friends are! But I like him enough to see that he doesn't need all the critism comments like

-'he's gay''

-he's a lesbian because he is dating SG'

-'He sing like a girl''.

-'He sucks'

-'Not normal to haven't hit puberty at that age!'

At the beginning of this thread I hate his guts but slowly my friends, Justin Bieber and the movie 'Never Say Never' convince me that he is not that bad. And the thing that convince me the most is 'How he donate so much money to charity!

The awkward moment when someone says Justin Bieber sucks when he's sung with Sean Kingston, Usher, Chris Brown and Ludacris, plays guitar, piano, drums and has an amazing voice, 11 million followers on twitter, 33 million likes on facebook, world tour, sold out MSG in 22 minutes, released a book, a movie, around 5 albums, won over 26 awards. donating all the money he makes off of his new perfume 'Someday' goes to a charity to help build schools for kids that don't have one. and he's only 17.

You know I kinda don't like any of the artists he has sung with... But hey, that is just me.

I should mention that he donates all that money to improve his image, because if you have ever seen meetings with people in a candid setting, he is really an asshole to people. I'm not sure if it is because he is 17 or if it is because he is an actual asshole (I'll go with the latter, because even at 17 you should have some common decency to avoid touchy subjects with people you meet). But it is great that he is a philanthropist, fantastic, good for him. More artists need to get out there and do that. It shouldn't take a devastating tsunami and earthquake to get artists moving.

You have got to stop saying 5 albums... it is 3, 1 studio, 2 remix. But that is besides the point... 11 million followers and 33 million likes and selling out MSG in 22 minutes all points to the same thing. He is popular with who he wants to be popular with, which is the 9-17 female demographic (could be wider, but I'm not sure). He is the same as all the boy bands that I grew up with when I was a kid. No one could stop talking about them, they sold out major venues quickly and what not. It is all about popularity, not talent. He may know how to play the guitar, piano and drums, but ironically so do I. And am I a virturoso at any of them? No I am not, and unless you are a musical genius, it is likely that you can be very good at those three instruments but not fantastic.

But lets dive into that... Judging from this he really doesn't know how to play the guitar. Compare that to an acoustic performance from a true virtuoso here. Please notice how he doesn't use a capo, and moves his fingers a bit more than between 2 chords (in the same area no less). And for the record, that was one of two videos of him playing a guitar that I could find. And both were the same... Strumming the guitar shifting between TWO chords. There is no talent in his guitar playing. I've seen people pick up more techniques playing Guitar Hero. If he was such a fantastic guitarist, he would play the guitar on stage more often. Or play the piano on stage more often, or even the drums... But here is the thing...

His drumming is mediocre at best. He has no finesse and no solid rhythm.

JB drumming.

Buddy Rich Drumming

But how about piano? That is probably what he is best at. No where the level of virtuosos, but he is still good enough. But you know what? I've compared the other instruments, why not piano?

JB piano

Billy Joel piano (note that on top of singing and playing piano, he is also playing the harmonica)

But as I said, his piano playing is probably the best of the 3. He plays well enough for me not to scorn him. Drums and guitar? He should stick to just singing. His piano playing is very rudimentary, but that is never bad, and it shows he knows his limits with that instrument. But playing two chords on the guitar for the duration of a song, and the drums were random at best with no pressure control.

(BTW, as you can hopefully see by now, I don't hate him just to hate him, I hate him because like with most things that are popular, people are blinded. He is mediocre in almost everything that he does. The best thing that he does is sing, and he is not used to his deeper voice yet, which is why on newer songs you can hear more Autotune than previous. He is not as good as any of the artists I listen to, and his lyrics are so simple and targeted at the teenage female demographic it is sickening. There is no depth to his music. But that can be said of almost all popular music these days, then again my feeling with popular music is pretty much the same across the board)

• Upvote 1

He actually does have skill, I'll give him that much. But the songs that he sings are stupid, and so is the stuff he sings about. If he actually sang something with deep meaning, then I might actually like him xD

He actually does have skill, I'll give him that much. But the songs that he sings are stupid, and so is the stuff he sings about. If he actually sang something with deep meaning, then I might actually like him xD

Well, that's true but most pop music these days are like that. They sing about girls/boys and sex in different words.

For example:

-I wanna go- Britney Spears

-Bed Rock

_Hey Baby- Pitbull

and alot more ........

just try me

Wait, so are you saying...you actually want me to go kill your family, to prove that you don't hate people? Because that's when I'm getting from this conversation.

I could be misinterpreting this of course, but I mean, just tell me your address if you want to continue this, it'll save me all the hassle to track you down :)