Detective Conan World
Schwa

Least favourite Character(s)?

Who are your least favorite characters?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your least favorite characters?

• Someone on another list only
    • I like all of them
    • Kudo Shinichi
    • Edogawa Conan
    • Mouri Ran
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Yoshida Ayumi
    • Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko
    • Kojima Genta
    • Haibara Ai
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • Suzuki Sonoko
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Kudo Yukiko
    • Hattori Heiji
    • Toyama Kazuha
    • Araide Tomoaki
    • Hondou Eisuke
    • Megure Juuzou
  2. 2. More characters

• Takagi Wataru
    • Sato Miwako
    • Shiratori Ninzaburou
    • Yumi Miyamoto
    • Yokomizo Sango
    • Yokomizo Juugo
    • Yamamura Misao
    • Yamato Kansuke
    • Morofushi Takaaki (Koumei)
    • Jodie Starling
    • Akai Shuuichi
    • James Black
    • Andre Camel
    • Hondou Hidemi
    • Gin
    • Vodka
    • Vermouth
    • Chianti
    • Korn
  3. 3. Even more characters

• Miyano Shiho
    • Miyano Akemi
    • Kuroba Kaito/ Kaitou Kid
    • Kuroba Toichi / Old Kaitou Kid
    • Nakamori Aoko
    • Nakamori Ginzo
    • Jii Konosuke
    • Koizumi Akako
    • Hakuba Saguru
    • Snake
    • Okiya Subaru
    • Sera Masumi
    • Amuro Tohru
    • Okino Yoko
    • Kyogoku Makoto
    • Suzuki Jirokichi
    • left blank for future name
    • Someone not on any list

====================================================

Play Nice Please

This is the kind of topic that leads to lots of arguments. While it is okay to argue, please be civil to other users even if you disagree with them. If you start a flamewar or are rude to other users you may be sanctioned by the moderators. Thanks,

The Mod Team

====================================================

I noticed there was already a thread for your favourite characters, so I just wanna know which characters don't you guys like? :P

Personally:

-Sonoko: So useless...

-Yamamura: So annoyingly useless...

-Genta: Lol, Genta. So stupid! He's kinda been growing on me though as the episodes go by.

-Yokomizo Juugo: His attitude pisses me off.

-Eisuke: K, really Eisuke? Stop acting like your not a girl in disguise. The fact that I think Eisuke is the cutest boy in the series (and I am a straight male) is enough reason for me to dislike him for making me feel so weird! :evil:

Also feel free to fight me if i mentioned a character you like.

I'm normally a fan of the 'underdog' characters (Yuminaga, etc.), so most of the characters I don't really like are the "main" characters. I personally don't like KID, Shinichi/Conan, Ran, Sonoko, Genta, Ayumi, and Kogoro, for varying reasons.

And I think we have a thread like this, though I'm not certain.

And I think we have a thread like this, though I'm not certain.

We do under the title "annoying characters", but it didn't have a poll and it got a bit heated so I think a fresh start might not be a bad idea. Everyone, please play nice.

dunno...

because each character had a roles that other chara can't give...

don't say sonoko is useless because conan make use of sonoko for his deduction when kogoro is out of site..don't yah remember that? xD

specially my to my Ran. >:[ she's smart but that Gosho troll Ahoyama is making her a big fool..I hate Gosho >:{

dunno...

because each character had a roles that other chara can't give...

don't say sonoko is useless because conan make use of sonoko for his deduction when kogoro is out of site..don't yah remember that? xD

specially my to my Ran. >:[ she's smart but that Gosho troll Ahoyama is making her a big fool..I hate Gosho >:{

Who ever said Sonoko is useless has no idea about anything to do with literature. She isn't useful because Conan uses her for deductions... She is useful because she is a FOIL to Ran. That makes her VERY important.

And I still "hate" her despite that. Mainly because I find both her and Ran annoying to some degree. Along with Shinichi and Conan and a number of other characters. (Really its just a burning dislike... well usually)

• Upvote 3

Who ever said Sonoko is useless has no idea about anything to do with literature. She isn't useful because Conan uses her for deductions... She is useful because she is a FOIL to Ran. That makes her VERY important.

Well I do use the term useless very loosely. I really didn't expect that to be taken too seriously, Sonoko just kind of bugs me I guess :P

Yamamura is the first on my list. He is such a moron. He doesn't deserve to have a rank as an inspector and has to milk it for as long as he has that job until he gets fired (which I hope is soon). Chianti is the next, She's just such a creep. I don't actually mind Eisuke. I kinda feel bad for him about how he lost his parents and his sister is in an organizaiton where she could die any day. Now he's trying to live up to his family's name as a "Hondou." I hope he can some day. Maybe when Conan destroys the Organization.

Not a big fan of Ran either. xD

+1.

Still don't hate her... just.... have a strong disliking for Mary-Sue's. ^^'

EDIT: Figured I should explain that so it doesn't seem like I'm just flaming her... I'll seem like less of a *cough*, too, if I explain my true reasons for my distaste with her.

These things may not mean anything alone, but it's circumstantial evidence.

1. Overpowered. She scares even the main character and some murderers who have KILLED people. She's hardly ever a maiden in distress in the manga. Possibly why they do it so often in the anime. :I

2. NOBODY EVER YELLS AT HER FOR DOING ANYTHING WRONG (if she ever does anything wrong at all). As far as that gets is Shinichi (or in some cases Heiji) calling her an idiot when we all know she's not which brings me to #3

3. She's smart. Smart enough to be in the same class as a genius detective. That is how they separate classes there, isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong. It's being judged by their test scores, right? XD

4. She's a motherly figure. She not only takes spectacular care of Conan AND his friends, but she's been said to have child-baring hips, which is attractive, which brings me to # 5.

5. She's beautiful. Well, to pretty much every anime/manga character she runs into, at least. There hasn't been one person who has told Ran that she's ugly, to my knowledge. Which brings me to 6.

6. Almost every person who has been mean to her (with the exception of those who have kidnapped her in the anime and/or manga) was like that because they were jealous of her.

7. Let's count how many times a character has made a romantic advance on Ran that WASN'T the character we've already established is interested in her... shall we?

8. She has a not-so-nice family situation that "she still is so strong as to smile through". Her parents aren't divorced, but they still live in separate homes. Then we've got her love life situation added onto it, making her seem like she's a kicked puppy that has enough emotional strength to stay on her feet. (I actually really like characters that have this trait... when there isn't #'s 1-7 and the rest of this list added onto it.)

9. She is actually a very nice person. She may get angry at Shinichi and her father but pretty much everywhere else she's this sweet, loving character. Once again, wouldn't be so bad if #'s 1-8 weren't added onto it.

10. WE as readers and watchers may notice flaws... but the characters don't. Sort of like #2, except it's a heck of a lot more annoying when nobody says anything about her hanging onto a guy she's not actually IN a relationship with, crying a lot (actually kind of understandable... just not when everybody comments on her strength. I have a feeling they do that BECAUSE they don't know she cries so often :I), destroying public property, or being kind of possessive creeping on girls that may be dating or have dated the guy she's interested in (even if they aren't together). Nobody ever seems to notice it. It's just bad writing.

11. She was an adorable little girl. Wasn't bratty or selfish or snobby, or annoying like most little girls at that age. Just a sweet, cute, little rosy-faced little one. Once again, that's essentially what Ayumi is (with the exception of not being selfish. She's Conan's SELF-PROCLAIMED girlfriend, after all), but Ran has #'s 1-11 as well.

So yeah... circumstantial evidence. It's not all bad on its own... some are... but most of it's not... but all them being and existing together in one character is what makes her a Mary-Sue in my opinion. That's why I don't like her. I don't like poor writing- and that's what all of that is in a summary of one character. XD Get why I'm annoyed now?

OH! WAIT!

#13. THAT...... HAIR....... *Flips a table*

These things may not mean anything alone, but it's circumstantial evidence.

1. Overpowered. She scares even the main character and some murderers who have KILLED people. She's hardly ever a maiden in distress in the manga. Possibly why they do it so often in the anime. :I

2. NOBODY EVER YELLS AT HER FOR DOING ANYTHING WRONG (if she ever does anything wrong at all). As far as that gets is Shinichi (or in some cases Heiji) calling her an idiot when we all know she's not which brings me to #3

3. She's smart. Smart enough to be in the same class as a genius detective. That is how they separate classes there, isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong. It's being judged by their test scores, right? XD

4. She's a motherly figure. She not only takes spectacular care of Conan AND his friends, but she's been said to have child-baring hips, which is attractive, which brings me to # 5.

5. She's beautiful. Well, to pretty much every anime/manga character she runs into, at least. There hasn't been one person who has told Ran that she's ugly, to my knowledge. Which brings me to 6.

6. Almost every person who has been mean to her (with the exception of those who have kidnapped her in the anime and/or manga) was like that because they were jealous of her.

7. Let's count how many times a character has made a romantic advance on Ran that WASN'T the character we've already established is interested in her... shall we?

8. She has a not-so-nice family situation that "she still is so strong as to smile through". Her parents aren't divorced, but they still live in separate homes. Then we've got her love life situation added onto it, making her seem like she's a kicked puppy that has enough emotional strength to stay on her feet. (I actually really like characters that have this trait... when there isn't #'s 1-7 and the rest of this list added onto it.)

9. She is actually a very nice person. She may get angry at Shinichi and her father but pretty much everywhere else she's this sweet, loving character. Once again, wouldn't be so bad if #'s 1-8 weren't added onto it.

10. WE as readers and watchers may notice flaws... but the characters don't. Sort of like #2, except it's a heck of a lot more annoying when nobody says anything about her hanging onto a guy she's not actually IN a relationship with, crying a lot (actually kind of understandable... just not when everybody comments on her strength. I have a feeling they do that BECAUSE they don't know she cries so often :I), destroying public property, or being kind of possessive creeping on girls that may be dating or have dated the guy she's interested in (even if they aren't together). Nobody ever seems to notice it. It's just bad writing.

11. She was an adorable little girl. Wasn't bratty or selfish or snobby, or annoying like most little girls at that age. Just a sweet, cute, little rosy-faced little one. Once again, that's essentially what Ayumi is (with the exception of not being selfish. She's Conan's SELF-PROCLAIMED girlfriend, after all), but Ran has #'s 1-11 as well.

So yeah... circumstantial evidence. It's not all bad on its own... some are... but most of it's not... but all them being and existing together in one character is what makes her a Mary-Sue in my opinion. That's why I don't like her. I don't like poor writing- and that's what all of that is in a summary of one character. XD Get why I'm annoyed now?

OH! WAIT!

#13. THAT...... HAIR....... *Flips a table*

Those are part of what I find annoying about her, but I don't really look Ran as a Mary-Sue. She still has some apparent flaws that sets her apart from your typical "perfect character. " I dislike Ran because she's too naive, and clings to Shinichi too much, but I never really paid attention to the other things you mentioned. You did make some good points though. ^^

There are a lot I don't care for, for example:

Ran, Ayumi, Genta, Sonoko, Jirokichi, Vermouth, Amuro, Yumi, Eisuke, Kaito,and Akako...

Ran's portrayed as too helpless and needy... She's always crying over Shinichi or asking him for help, when she's strong enough to take down most of the culprits herself...

Ayumi and Genta are foolish and childish, and tend to make situations worse or put everyone in danger with no good reason.

Sonoko....... nuff said. Her uncle only cares about 'defeating' Kaito Kid and really has no quality as a character... I don't trust him, either...

Vermouth and Bourbon, besides being two of the most prominent B.O. members, just bother me. Vermouth annoys me and seems to know enough about Conan and the others, but she never acts on any of it, and her protecting 'cool guy' and 'angel' after her life was saved does not make up for anything else she's done...

Yumi spends all her time either shipping DC couples or trying to break them up...

Eisuke... no. He takes everything to extremes and never stops to think things through.

Kaito is the same way, never thinking to get help from others and always showing off and putting himself in danger.

Akako... she is the opposite of everything Gosho writes about logic and deduction. She makes 'magic' look evil and is a pain in the butt in the storyline...

All of the Detective Boys (Besides Haibara and conan), and Annoying Sonoko.

NOTE: Shes only annoying in the Japanese version. In the English Dub, i love her voice. Laura baily is amazing aint she?