Detective Conan World
nis-aihara

Horror Anime

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni!

Fun show! xD

Well if you're gonna say Higurashi, I'd say you'd have to include Umineko No Naku Koro Ni,as well. And I've heard that the company that created the two has a new visual novel out, Higanbana No Saku Yoru Ni, affectionately dubbed "When They Bloom" by fans.......maybe we'll be seeing a new Higurashi-like anime? They already bgun the manga serialization.

Another (starts next month)

I've been following it. It's not bad so far.

......................So would Highschool of the Dead count as horror?

UPDATE: Another was epic~!

Shiki. Pretty cool.

I was upset that Yuuki Natsuno died, so I named the egg "baby" I had to take care of as a biology assignment the same name.

Why the hell do people always insist on spoiling endings? If you absolutely have to comment on an ending, put it in a damn spoiler tag, this can't be difficult

Why the hell do people always insist on spoiling endings? If you absolutely have to comment on an ending, put it in a damn spoiler tag, this can't be difficult

Crud! Sorry, sorry! I'll insert it now!

......................So would Highschool of the Dead count as horror?

Well, it's bloody and violent and full of hentai, so I guess it's horrific in two different senses. Not saying it was a bad anime, just a bit extreme.

I also recently began watching "Tasogare Otome x Amnesia" (aka "Dusk Maiden of Amnesia") expecting horror but got myself more humor than anything else. It's still an entertaining anime though.

Well, it's bloody and violent and full of hentai, so I guess it's horrific in two different senses. Not saying it was a bad anime, just a bit extreme.

I also recently began watching "Tasogare Otome x Amnesia" (aka "Dusk Maiden of Amnesia") expecting horror but got myself more humor than anything else. It's still an entertaining anime though.

Horrific in two different senses? xP

I really liked HOTD. I like the concept.....and it was some pretty raw stuff. If only.... for the hentai.

Hell Girl (know the story but never watched it ^_^")

Ghost Hunt (IT'S REALLY FUN for me ^_^)

Hell Girl wasn't as bloody as I wished it was, but still a good read/watch ^^

School days so count. NICE BOATTTTTT.

Madoka, those stupid dandelion fluffs with mustaches haunted my nightmares for WEEKS.

Do manga count or do you only want anime? Umizaki is a classic horror read (SPIRALSSS). Do manhwa? Lots of good korean horror stuff.

Horrific in two different senses? xP

I really liked HOTD. I like the concept.....and it was some pretty raw stuff. If only.... for the hentai.

Some people would find the zombies and violence horrific, others would find the hentai horrific, and even some would find both zombies and violence as well as the hentai to be horrific.

I'm good with both and still hope in the back of my mind that they'll continue it. Heard a bunch of different rumors, the most promising being that they can't get a second season airing because of the extreme hentai and all the legal issues that come with it. But I haven't found any official sources stating anything, so we'll just have to wait and see.

If you like blood you should check out Gantz. The manga is better than the anime, since the anime stops suddenly, but it's still pretty gorey. It's not exactly a "horror" anime but it definitly fits the description of a very dark, supernatural, action anime.

Some of the scenes are a bit... 'mature' though.