The Shinkansen's Bomb Case
|Episode 5 |
(Int. Episode 5)
|Title:||The Shinkansen's Bomb Case|
|Japanese title:||新幹線大爆破事件 |
(Shinkansen Dai Bakuha Jiken)
|Original airdate:||February 5, 1996 |
December 3, 2016 (Remastered version)
|Manga source:||Volume 4: Files 4-6 (033-035) |
|English title:||The Time Bomb Express|
|Dubbed episode:||Episode 5|
|English airdate:||May 31, 2004|
|Cast:||Conan Edogawa |
|Case solved by:||Conan Edogawa|
|Next Conan's Hint:||Cell phone |
Black handbag (Remastered version)
|Episode director:||Johei Matsuura|
|Animation director:||Atsushi Aono|
|Character Design:||Masatomo Sudo|
|Production Cooperation:||Sunshine Corporation of Japan|
|Opening song:||Mune ga Dokidoki|
|Closing song:||STEP BY STEP|
|Prev episode:||« The Coded Map of the City Case|
|Next episode:||Valentine Murder Case »|
|List of episodes|
A remastered version of this case was aired on December 3, 2016.
Manga to anime changes
- In the manga, the two men in black are in fact Gin and Vodka. It is here that Conan first learns of their codenames. The line about their mastermind is omitted.
- Genta, Ayumi, and Mitsuhiko didn't appear in the manga version of the story. Thus, it's Ran who deposits the gum that Conan uses.
- The bullet train was stopped forty minutes after departed from Nagoya Station. The trip from Nagoya to Kyoto via bullet train takes about 40-50 minutes, then it was under the Kyoto police jurisdiction. However, the anime version improperly replaced them with Inspector Megure and his men.
- The manga version ends with Conan reflecting on the knowledge he learned about the two men in black. Ran's questioning of his true identity doesn't occur here, but in The Coded Map of the City Case, which follows the story in the manga rather than preceding it.
- The Viz Media version of volume 4 has Gin and Vodka's codenames being revealed as Kaspar and Melkior. Though later Viz produced volumes later revert to their usual names, this prompted modification to the English manga version of Game Company Murder Case.
- This train is a 100 series (100系, Hyaku-kei) Shinkansen.
- This episode marks canon day 9 of Shinichi's life as Conan.
- Although the Black Organization was involved in the manga version of this episode, the anime version has Ueda and Shimoda take over Gin and Vodka's role, and therefore cutting out the Black Organization involvement.
|1||胸がドキドキ||Mune ga Dokidoki||The Pounding of My Heart||Mune ga Dokidoki|
|2||蘭のテーマ||Ran no Tēma||Ran's Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|3||沈む夕陽||Shizumu Yūhi||Depressing Sunset||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|4||脅迫 （パート１）||Kyōhaku (Pāto 1)||Threat (Part 1)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|5||(Unreleased BGM 2)|
|6||悪のテーマ （パート１）||Aku no Tēma (Pāto 1)||Theme of Evil (Part 1)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|7||事件現場 （オリジナルver.）||Jiken Genba (Orijinaru ver.)||Scene of the Case (Original ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|8||悪のテーマ （パート３）||Aku no Tēma (Pāto 3)||Theme of Evil (Part 3)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|9||緊迫||Kinpaku||Tension||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|10||事件現場 （オリジナルver.）||Jiken Genba (Orijinaru ver.)||Scene of the Case (Original ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|11||絶体絶命||Zettai Zetsumei||A Desperate Situation||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|12||名探偵コナン・メインテーマ||Meitantei Konan・Mein Tēma||Detective Conan Main Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|13||「名探偵コナン」メイン・テーマ （予告）||"Meitantei Konan" Mein・Tēma (Yokoku)||"Detective Conan" Main Theme (Preview)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|14||蘭のテーマ||Ran no Tēma||Ran's Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|15||STEP BY STEP||STEP BY STEP||STEP BY STEP||STEP BY STEP|
|16||コナンの勝利||Konan no Shōri||Conan's Victory||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
In other languages
|Episodes of Season 1|
|Episode 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24 • 25 • 26 • 27 • 28|