Mystery of the Burning Tent (燃えるテントの怪 Moeru tento no kai) is the 909th and 910th episode of the Detective Conan anime.
Kuroda is sitting at his desk looking at the details of the case from seventeen years ago, thinking deeply about Kohji Haneda and Rumi Wakasa. Shiratori advises him to take a holiday and go camping for a few days. Rumi takes the Detective Boys camping as well. They end up talking with some other campers, who are members of a basketball team. One of them, Danno, had a recent irreversible eye injury and now wears a prosthetic eye, frightening Conan and Haibara who try to figure out if Rumi has a prosthetic eye as well and could be Rum. Urushibara, one of the campers they meet, suddenly starts speaking and acting in a very obnoxious manner to his friends, and shuts himself away in their tent. Soon after, a fire starts in the tent and he gets burned to death. They try to put it out and save Urushibara, to no avail. As they call the police and Inspector Yuminaga turns up, they are surprised to find in a nearby teepee tent another camper, who is revealed to be Kuroda.
|Murder or Accident?
||22 years old
|Cause of death:
||Midori Furuoka, Sumito Ashizawa, and Kuninori Danno
- Inspector Yuminaga and his assistant's police car is a Toyota Crown Sedan 2012. The license plate number is 新宿 800, ふ 58-24 (Shinjuku 800, Fu 58-24).
Manga to anime changes
- In the anime, the background appearance of Sumiko Kobayashi, Professor Agasa, and Yukiko Kudo is omitted, while a background appearance for Asaka and Amanda Hughes is added.
- Danno's hair color is black in anime instead of blonde or brown in manga.
- In the manga, when Shiratori gives Kuroda a report, Kuroda says: "Oh, Shiratori, right?". This was omitted in the anime.
- The conversation between Shiratori and Kuroda is a bit longer in the anime, as some sentences were added.
- The first scene at the camping site is longer in the anime because of filler shots that show the entire camping site.
- When Rumi Wakasa asks the kids to find some wood in order to light a fire and they answer "Yes!", Haibara tells them not to run. This was not in the manga.
- In the anime, when Rumi Wakasa looks around her and doesn't see Ayumi, it is implied that Rumi has only one real eye. In the anime, not only is it implied, but Haibara and Conan are shown noticing it.
- In the anime, when Kuroda judo throws the culprit, Rumi jumps to the ground in order to protect Ayumi. In the manga, Ayumi falls on the ground.
In other languages
||Bí mật trong túp lều bị đốt cháy