The New Teacher's Skeleton Case (新任教師の骸骨事件 ,Shinnin Kyōshi no Gaikotsu Jiken?) is the 889th and 890th episode of the Detective Conan anime.
Rumi Wakasa is the class 1-B's new deputy homeroom teacher. She seems to be very clumsy, leaving a funny first impression as she knocked her head on the desk while bowing to say "Nice to meet you". She asks the Detective Boys to go with her to the shed to bring quick lime, admitting that she is scared of going there alone. A 10-year-old bare-bone corpse is discovered there by Wakasa and the Detective Boys.
||Storage shed basement
|Cause of death:
|A skeleton was found in the storage shed of Teitan Elementary School. Wakasa Rumi wants a lime that is found there. Upon arriving, the Detective Boys searched the storage shed, and Conan found a trapdoor that leads to a basement. It turns out there was a skeleton leaning on the ground with string with characters in hand.
The police are summoned. It seems to be related to a case of robbery. The principal of Teitan Elementary says that ten years ago, the police had come to their school to investigate a robbery nearby.
It turns out that the dead man in the shed was actually the leader of the robber group, and it was an accidental death. Conan imitates the leader to summon the whole group to come to the shed at a particular time. While he catches them red-handed along with Wakasa, the Detective Boys and Inspector Shiratori, a third robber turns up and spoils their plan by attacking Shiratori and taking control of the situation. The Detective Boys are forced by the robbers to go to the basement. When Wakasa's turn comes, she knocks the robber who tried to force her into the basement with her elbow and disguises it as her clumsiness, also subsequently closing the door (lid) of the basement. While the Detective Boys worry about their teacher, Wakasa shows her dark side, knocking-out each of the robbers with the precision of a skilled fighter with a broom. When the Detective Boys come out, Rumi disguises her ability by saying that she was just insanely spinning the broom in her hand, admitting that she must have been very lucky too.
Postlude: Kobayashi gets mad at Wakasa for taking Detective Boys alone near criminals. However, it turns out that she is actually jealous that she didn't get to be with Inspector Shiratori and the Detective Boys, being the former's lover and a self-proclaimed manager of the latter. The teacher body watches in awe as this jealous exchange takes place.
Manga to anime changes
- The anime begins with shots of children going to school, whereas the manga begins immediately in Teitan.
- Lines were added in the anime version when Conan and Haibara enter their classroom. Ayumi asks Conan if he beat Kid, and Genta asks him who Kid was disguised as.
- In the manga, when Genta says he'd like Kid to impersonate him, Conan tells him he already did. In the anime version, Conan only thinks this line.
- In the anime, Kobayashi writes Rumi Wakasa's name on the board.
- In the anime, before Conan opens the trapdoor to warehouse's basement, Genta, Ayumi, Mitsuhiko, and Haibara try to scare Rumi by telling her there might be a skeleton inside. This was not in the manga.
- Scenes where Rumi Wakasa walks in the school were added in the anime to give her a more mysterious aura.
In other languages
| Catalan (Catalan dub)
||El cas de l'esquelet i la mestra nova
||The skeleton case and the new teacher
| French (Subbed)
||La Nouvelle Maîtresse et le squelette
||The new teacher and the skeleton
||The new teacher's skeleton case
||Vụ án bộ hài cốt và giáo viên chủ nhiệm mới