Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

OMM: I took notes for almost an hour and a half straight today on a really boring topic and I can't believe I forgot how miserable it is to take notes for a long period of time tumblr_m42qykugn91r58lid.gif

Yeah, I heard. I feel like tho that it's just one of those pseudo threats of North Korea.

If any escalation happens tho, I really just hope that it results in a positive outcome like North Koreans finally being free from their freaking tyrannical government.

Just. Let the end justify the means.

North and South Korea are, as far as I know, still talking and it doesn't look like anything larger's gonna come out of it which is good. North Korea just seems like a ticking time bomb to me so every time they do something I get a little nervous/cautious even though their history is chock full of empty threats.

It would be great to have one of their talks result in North Koreans being treated less horribly and more like human beings, but who knows how likely that is to happen since not everything can be solved through talks :/ 

OMM: HILLARY CLINTON IS GOING TO BE CAMPAIGNING AT MY SCHOOL ON THURSDAY!!!  

I'M NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY POLITICAL PARTIES NOR DO I SUPPORT ANY PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE AT THIS MOMENT BUT HOLY HELL THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!  I'M TOTALLY GOING JUST FOR THE EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Well, I technically have a phys ed wellness class at that time, but screw it.  Today was supposed to be the day I met my wellness teacher, but the guy didn't even show up.  Literally sat in a classroom filled with other confused students and just played Deemo for a full hour.  

I can't believe it, less a week into college and I'm already planning on skipping class, ufufufufufu

(worth it doh)

Sounds like a celebrity. lol

• Upvote 1

Though I can't ever take it into my heart to kill anything, even mosquitoes, recently I've been wishing that they'd drop dead. Please. I don't like being a walking sac of blood.

Now, now. That's a good teenager *pats* :P

OMM: I took notes for almost an hour and a half straight today on a really boring topic and I can't believe I forgot how miserable it is to take notes for a long period of time tumblr_m42qykugn91r58lid.gif

North and South Korea are, as far as I know, still talking and it doesn't look like anything larger's gonna come out of it which is good. North Korea just seems like a ticking time bomb to me so every time they do something I get a little nervous/cautious even though their history is chock full of empty threats.

It would be great to have one of their talks result in North Koreans being treated less horribly and more like human beings, but who knows how likely that is to happen since not everything can be solved through talks :/

Yeah. It seems like everything is calm now tho. I read that they kinda agreed on somethin already.

Haha, yeah. I really hope the same but as you said, it's very unlikely that talks will resolve the humanitarian issue on NK

I'M NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY POLITICAL PARTIES NOR DO I SUPPORT ANY PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE AT THIS MOMENT BUT HOLY HELL THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!  I'M TOTALLY GOING JUST FOR THE EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Well, I technically have a phys ed wellness class at that time, but screw it.  Today was supposed to be the day I met my wellness teacher, but the guy didn't even show up.  Literally sat in a classroom filled with other confused students and just played Deemo for a full hour.  

I can't believe it, less a week into college and I'm already planning on skipping class, ufufufufufu

(worth it doh)

LENWauJ.png?1

--

OMM: the salt is real

idk why everyone's raging about Sakurai

they're the ones who voted for Shovel Knight; it's not Sakurai's fault, lol

OMM2: I got excited when I saw this on my fb feed

I sent the link to my sister and a bunch of friends before I read the article because of how ecstatic I was

and then I read the article

;(

OMM 1: one of the panda twins that was born at the National Zoo (I think it was that one at least..) a couple days ago died today tumblr_m42rpuaLGs1r58lid.gif

OMM 2: tfw things have happened recently and the lgbt+ thread is already very much so in need of being posted in but you don't have the time or energy to write up anything orz

OMM2: I got excited when I saw this on my fb feed

I sent the link to my sister and a bunch of friends before I read the article because of how ecstatic I was

and then I read the article

;(

I got really excited at first too but then I read the rest of it and just tumblr_m42quperIZ1r58lid.jpg

(worth it doh)

SORRY BUT I AM IN COMPLETE FAVOUR OF DEEZ NUTS.

On my mind : I am back after a long 4 months break :3

OMM: the salt is real

idk why everyone's raging about Sakurai

they're the ones who voted for Shovel Knight; it's not Sakurai's fault, lol

The rumor has progressed even further.  It now seems that there will indeed be a Shovel Knight amiibo but it won't be Smash-based and will instead be directly tied in with Yacht Club Games.  Nothing has been confirmed yet, but this is looking very very likely.  Not that SK will be in Smash, but that he'll be getting an amiibo at least.

SORRY BUT I AM IN COMPLETE FAVOUR OF DEEZ NUTS.

I'll vote for him if I agree with his political agenda.  He says he's politically moderate, leaning Libertarian, which doesn't seem too bad.

OMM: Hillary Clinton in person is... exactly how she is on television.  I... I don't know why that even remotely surprises me, but for some reason it does.  Same with Dr. Claude Steele, though his picture on the back of Whistling Vivaldi was kinda small and hard to make out.  I guess he looked a bit older than I expected him to be.

OMM: It's been a month; it appears I've won last poster wins tumblr_m42r6gedvF1r58lid.gif It was a grueling battle wait game but I've emerged victorious 

victorious for now at least

OMM: Hillary Clinton in person is... exactly how she is on television.  I... I don't know why that even remotely surprises me, but for some reason it does.  Same with Dr. Claude Steele, though his picture on the back of Whistling Vivaldi was kinda small and hard to make out.  I guess he looked a bit older than I expected him to be.

Did you at least leave the event feeling more enlightened than you did before going?

OMM 1: every time I get that KFC ad on youtube with the Colonel watching tv and saying "Hey, that's not the real Colonel Sanders. I'm the real Colonel Sanders." I keep half expecting to see presidential candidate Sanders to turn around since they look the similar from behind

OMM 2: finding unused, forgotten about gift cards is such a gr8 great feeling  :lol:

Don't jinx it!

jokes on u because I intentionally brought it up in hopes someone would post over there  B)

I got really excited at first too but then I read the rest of it and just tumblr_m42quperIZ1r58lid.jpg

I feel so betrayed

they got my hopes up and everything

The rumor has progressed even further.  It now seems that there will indeed be a Shovel Knight amiibo but it won't be Smash-based and will instead be directly tied in with Yacht Club Games.  Nothing has been confirmed yet, but this is looking very very likely.  Not that SK will be in Smash, but that he'll be getting an amiibo at least.

but the thing is, just because the box art doesn't have the smash logo on it doesn't mean that SK is out of the question as a potential smash character

for all we know, the current box art could just be a placeholder (not saying it's likely though)

well, after thinking about it, I guess it would feel strange inviting an indie character into the game

sounds like someone was starstruck, hehe

Is there any techie here which can guide me to Windows 10 update and FAQs? Because I suck at these kinds of things.

I'm no expert on Windows 10, but if you have cherished pirated programs on your PC, I wouldn't recommend getting the update

also, if you haven't updated yet, I suggest you backup everything on your hard drive

if you updated your PC already, just disregard everything I typed

in the case that you can't find your old files, everything should be under the "windows.old" folder

worst comes to worst, you could always roll back to Windows 7 or 8 within 30 days

--

OMM: schoolschoolschoolschoolschoolschool

go away, senioritis

it's not even September yet

I'm no expert on Windows 10, but if you have cherished pirated programs on your PC, I wouldn't recommend getting the update

also, if you haven't updated yet, I suggest you backup everything on your hard drive

if you updated your PC already, just disregard everything I typed

in the case that you can't find your old files, everything should be under the "windows.old" folder

worst comes to worst, you could always roll back to Windows 7 or 8 within 30 days

I havent updated yet.

What do you mean by pirated programs?

Is it Antivirus, Photoshop and these kinds of things? Because I downloaded them all for free :v

Is there any techie here which can guide me to Windows 10 update and FAQs? Because I suck at these kinds of things.

Psst. PM me here and ask what you need to ask :3

You need to pay me tho xD JK

I havent updated yet.

Is it Antivirus, Photoshop and these kinds of things? Because I downloaded them all for free :v

It's just the OS (Windows). If it's a pirated copy, you cannot update it, anyways, I do believe. The programs, whether pirated or not, does not matter.

Psst. PM me here and ask what you need to ask :3

You need to pay me tho xD JK

It's just the OS (Windows). If it's a pirated copy, you cannot update it, anyways, I do believe. The programs, whether pirated or not, does not matter.

I still dont get it :v

I am PMing you :v

I havent updated yet.

a pirated program is essentially anything you downloaded that didn't require a registration code/serial number

...unless the program didn't need one to begin with--like SketchUp or Malwarebytes (the basic versions, at least)

programs like Photoshop and Sony Vegas require you to cough up money in order to obtain a registration code/serial number (which you use to "verify"/access the program)

if you didn't obtain a registration code/serial number for these kinds of programs, they're pirated

tl;dr

pirated programs = illegally obtained programs

The programs, whether pirated or not, does not matter.

it matters

by updating to Windows 10, you sign an agreement stating that you'll allow it to scan and disable any illegally obtained programs you have on your PC

in other words, if you don't want to risk any pirated programs getting disabled, you shouldn't update to Windows 10

but no one ever reads the licensing agreements, so everyone just blindly dives in thinking that Windows 10 is just going to give them a cleaner interface

it's quite sneaky of Microsoft to slip that condition in there

it matters

by updating to Windows 10, you sign an agreement stating that you'll allow it to scan and disable any illegally obtained programs you have on your PC

in other words, if you don't want to risk any pirated programs getting disabled, you shouldn't update to Windows 10

but no one ever reads the licensing agreements, so everyone just blindly dives in thinking that Windows 10 is just going to give them a cleaner interface

it's quite sneaky of Microsoft to slip that condition in there

Wait. Wait. It does now? Wow. Idiotic move from Microsoft since like most average computer users have like pirated softwares on their PC. People will think twice now whether to upgrade/buy windows 10 or not.

Just. Way to do business, Microsoft :3 Windows 8 was already somewhat a failure and this... *facepalms*

EDIT: Ehrmmmm.... http://www.pcworld.com/article/2971088/windows/fears-of-microsoft-scanning-your-windows-10-pc-for-pirated-games-are-overblown.html and http://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3h5wwg/windows_10_disabling_pirated_software_not_so_fast/ . You. Trolled. Me :V

@Eden - I really dunno how this scanning thing will actually work since not all paid apps/programs have the same way of being verified whether its a genuine copy or not. So, it's kinda impossible that every pirated app you installed will get disabled if you upgrade to Win 10 but as Kenzi said, it's not worth the risk to do that. (Plus, I dunno if it's included in the agreement whether a person shouldn't use any pirated software with Windows 10) Especially, those apps you actually have pirated are biggies. (Photoshop and whatever antivirus you have) I just really recommend you not to upgrade your current Windows version to Windows 10. It's just pain in the ass if this is the case. NVM.

And, What's your reasoning by the way on why you want to upgrade to Win 10? Coz if it's speed gain, there's not much difference, lol, assuming you have Win 8/7.

And also, simple meaning of pirated app = "If you torrented it, you most likely pirated it"

EDIT: Just. Freaking. PM Me D: And also, the ones that will only be scanned for piracy seems to be only those online video games and online services offered by Microsoft. So yeah, you should be grand on Photoshop and on any Antivirus you have.

@kjeldahl: I think he ask you whether your current Windows is original or not original (pirated)

^

Edited by .MK.

LOL, if anything, I was the one who was trolled

I probably should've done more research on this myself

ahahahaha, this is tinfoil hat worthy

thanks for bringing this to my attention, btw

I might consider the upgrade in a few months

Coz if it's speed gain, there's not much difference, lol, assuming you have Win 8/7.

actually, a lot of people have been saying that Win 10 is loads faster than 7 or 8

LOL, if anything, I was the one who was trolled

I probably should've done more research on this myself

ahahahaha, this is tinfoil hat worthy

thanks for bringing this to my attention, btw

I might consider the upgrade in a few months

Welp, glad that was resolved. :3

If anyone wants to read the actual EULA for Windows 10, here it is.

actually, a lot of people have been saying that Win 10 is loads faster than 7 or 8

Whoa. whoa. Enough of the troll, pls. :P I already read a benchmarking article between Win 7, 8 and 10 on some PC geek site awhile ago and there's not really much difference.

Whoa. whoa. Enough of the troll, pls. :P I already read a benchmarking article between Win 7, 8 and 10 on some PC geek site awhile ago and there's not really much difference.

that wasn't a troll attempt

it was just based on what I've read from user experience