• Heterosexual
    • Other
  2. 2. Romantic Orientation?

• Homoromantic
    • Biromantic
    • Aromantic
    • Heteroromantic
    • Other
  3. 3. Are your romantic/sexual orientations different?

• Yes
    • No

Hey guys. This here is the LGBTQA+ Community (edited to actually be inclusive, as the GSA is very limiting).

This thread is for the people who are homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, demisexual, heterosexual and/or any other sexual/romantic orientation you may be, as well as transgender, genderqueer, genderfluid, and non-binary people.

You can be anything to support this; it's called the LGBTQA+ Community, after all. Just be someone who believes it's unfair and not right to simply judge someone of what gender they're attracted to.

There are quite a few kids about there who are figuring out their sexual/romantic orientation. It is very possible you are discovering who you are.

But there are teenagers and adults alike who are bullied every day for who they are. Some eventually can't stand the pain anymore and commit suicide because they feel hated, unwanted and repulsive to others. These people need to know that there are people out there in the world who care, even if you don't know them personally. They care what happens, and they believe in equal rights for all. Don't be afraid to be who you are.

Just because of who they like doesn't change anything. They're still human.

Even if you find out your friend is homosexual, bisexual or anything else, you shouldn't freak out. They're still your friend. It doesn't automatically mean they like you and are trying to come on to you.

There are males who are attracted to females. There are females who are attracted to males. There are males attracted to males, females attracted to females and some who are attracted to both males and females. There are other people who are genderfluid, genderqueer or nonbinary. 

A quote from Cassandra Clare:

"Because this being gay business doesn’t mean you can just throw yourself at any guy and it’ll be fine because he’s not a girl. There are still people you like and people you don’t."

Did you know? Interracial marriage wasn't allowed until after 1967. How would you feel if someone told you that you couldn't marry your love just because they weren't the same skin color as you? The same race?

Same-sex marriage is legal in ten countries (as of 2012):

Argentina
Belgium
Canada
Iceland
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden

The issue has been debated in several more, and some are still working things out. It is, however, in some countries, illegal to be homosexual and you will be put in jail or even killed for it. Homosexuality used to be considered a mental illness.

And get this - It's legal for marriage equality in six states of the U.S. (Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Iowa) while it's legal to have sex with a horse in 23. Nice going, America.

According to Aeyra:

"What really matters is that you believe in EQUALITY.
And for those of you who live in America: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. THE RIGHT TO LOVE WHO YOU WANT, THE RIGHT TO LIVE THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH THEM AND BE LEGALLY RECOGNIZED AS A MARRIED COUPLE."

I do realize there are people out there who are religious and even pious, and this goes against your beliefs. Or there may be other homophobic people who are merely disgusted with the idea who homosexuals. I understand that. However, if you are one of these people, I ask that you don't flame or hate on this thread. Don't even bother with this if it's not in your beliefs. We want to help people; not start a fight or an argument with anyone. If you do, however, have a serious issue with this, please PM me.

People should be able to love whoever they want. To be truthful... I'm currently trying to figure out what my sexuality orientation is, and I believe myself to be bisexual. But to all my friends I've made here on Detective Conan World who are homophobic, I'm still me. Nothing's changed.

Homosexuality is still considered a new idea. Many people are afraid of new things and straying from the normal path. It will take a while for people to adjust to the idea of two males or two females loving each other, but I hope they will learn to accept it soon. Take a look at how America felt about interracial marriage. They didn't react very well. Look at it now.

If you're homosexual, bisexual, transgender, pansexual or asexual and you haven't "come out" about it, just know that there are people who care. Don't think about self-abuse or suicide. Know that someone cares, and we're here for you. If you need to talk about anything, I know Aeyra, I and many other DCW members will be happy to listen and try to help the best we can.

I just want (and I know many others do as well) to be able to walk down the street openly, holding the hand of whoever I love freely and unafraid of what anyone will say or do, regardless of their orientation and/or gender.

Edited by Akakata
  • Upvote 17

I am heterosexual, but if I said I was lesbian or bi, would it really make that big of a difference? I didn't change anything about me- all I did was say four words. "I am a lesbian." How does this completely warp people's perceptions? It's as if the moment a person says these words, in the eyes of some, they are aliens. Different from before. Different from them. Disgusting. Revolting. All because- well, they're different. Because they're not afraid to admit that they love, that they love those of their own gender. Love is love. In Ancient Rome, gay marriage was common, accepted, and people never batted an eye. No one thought it was strange!

It's not a bad thing to be different. It's not always a good thing either. But as far as accepting the LGBT community goes, I believe that their difference, their acceptance of these differences, the support we can provide them as a community- that is a good thing.

Even if you don't agree with being gay, lesbian, bi, or transsexual, I beg you to support the rights of this often criticized community. I am heterosexual. I am what is currently defined as 'normal.' And I feel as strongly for the rights of this community as I would for my own. Since when did people gain the right to tell others who they can and cannot love? I know the strongest force of opposition to the LGBT community is religion. I am an atheist, so I'm not an expert on the subject, but the Bible shouldn't be held above the law. If I were lesbian, I would be outraged, and I am angry about the utter ridiculousness that this is even a problem, that a book I don't even believe in is dictating my freedom and tearing my right to pursuit happiness into shreds. In the United States especially, our laws call for a separation of church and state. Our constriction tells us that we have a right to rebel against our government for impairing us of our right to pursuit happiness. Not that I'm advocating rebellion or anything, but I want my point to be seen. Don't let your views get in the way of other's happiness. It's like if I don't like a sport, do I go out of the way shouting "I hate football! It's a stupid sport, and everyone who plays it is an abomination and it shouldn't be allowed!" ? Hell NO. Same difference.

I remember a beautiful passage from 'To Kill a Mockingbird' about racism, and if you have not heard me say this before, I will let it be known that I feel homophobia is the new racism. To judge on sexuality is just as petty and superficial as judging on skin color. Atticus Finch says that people are instantly judged for something they can't control, that no certain community is solely responsible for immoral actions. The gay community has done no wrong as a whole except come out to the world. As individuals, they have made mistakes, but the same can be said of every other community on our planet. To profile a gay person because of their sexuality is identical to me going to up to a Hispanic person and accuse them of being an illegal immigrant, a drug dealer, and whatever other stereotypes cons up to mind. The problem is, only second is viewed as wrong by far too much of our world.

My words might have strengthened your beliefs, changed them, or simply have you turned you off to the idea completely. But I will let you know that I mean all of what I say, and that I'm standing behind this community all the way. I am not afraid to fly a rainbow flag, I am not afraid to announce that I support gay marriage. I know that they are still humans like me, people like me- people who love, who feel, who suffer, who cry, who want to be respected, just like me. Just like everyone. I refuse to hate them for their choice of love, and instead, I will love them for their bravery. I will stand, with utmost confidence, and freely admit that I support them. And I hope that you will join me, whether you be gay or lesbian, bi or transsexual, or heterosexual like me. I hope you realize that this is just another stepping stone towards equality, one that needs to be dealt with now. I don't want to live another day in a world that says my friends aren't equal to us, that they can't have my rights because they are different from the majority. But I have to, and I will fight. This is a fight I have to win, for my friends who are part of the LGBT community, for the ones who suffer from the laws made against them. Please, I beg you, I want you, I need you to fight with me for this. This won't be won by one person or even a thousand or a million. This will be a long and tenuous fight, this will need all the people we can get. But we will never let a white flag fly. The only colors we will want to see are every color- the rainbow that connects the earth to the sky. The connection that can bring us ever closer to equality. Thank you for reading. I can only hope I have made an impact on you.

• Upvote 11

Now, my religion prohibits same-sex relationships, and I've had a very strict upbringing.

But I don't see a point in trying to separate two people who love each other. There are some people out there who blow homosexuality totally out of proportion. If it's not your business, stay out of it. A man loves a man. Boom. Big deal. So what? If you're not one of those two men, then what's your point?

I don't particularly support homosexuality, bisexuality, asexuality, etc. But I do support the rights of the people who follow this lifestyle. Why? Because their rights are should be the same as mine.

I'm not sure I've explained it correctly, but do I make any sense?

• Upvote 5

Whoa I have no more words since Aeyra pretty much said most of it...

My family strongly disagrees about this because of religion...but I support it.

I even joined the club at school for support, so I know tons of people who are homo/bisexual.

They aren't really different from anyone and I find it sad that they are dicriminated.

Well, yea it may seems weird when you see a gay or lesbian but seriously they aren't doing any harm.

I don't understand why people won't let them be, and constantly have to pressure them to be "normal".

... hmmm

To be honest, SOMETIMES I do feel homosexual. It's like when you are just really friendly with someone and feel very closely attatched, it just "feels" like it... well, Cure-kun understands. (Bromance? lol)

it's just awkward sometimes.

• Upvote 1

I even joined the club at school for support, so I know tons of people who are homo/bisexual.

They aren't really different from anyone and I find it sad that they are dicriminated.

Well, yea it may seems weird when you see a gay or lesbian but seriously they aren't doing any harm.

I don't understand why people won't let them be, and constantly have to pressure them to be "normal".

... hmmm

To be honest, SOMETIMES I do feel homosexual. It's like when you are just really friendly with someone and feel very closely attatched, it just "feels" like it... well, Cure-kun understands. (Bromance? lol)

It's cool that your school has a club for that. I go to an all-girls school and there are a lot of openly lesbian girls there. Some of the het girls avoid them like they carry the plague and they're constantly the topic of gossip. I have a few lesbian friends and we get along fine. For example, K-chan recently figured out her sexual orientation, and to me, she's still K-chan--the girl who skipped lunch to help me decorate my locker and the one who listens to rock with me.

... hmmm

Im hetero since im attracted to girls :P. but as Yohan-kun said when you are very close to this guy it feels like im homo :P

PS. I support Homosexuals cuz they are still humans. and its bad to treat them differently cuz its not their fault to be in loved/attracted to a guy.

It's cool that your school has a club for that. I go to an all-girls school and there are a lot of openly lesbian girls there. Some of the het girls avoid them like they carry the plague and they're constantly the topic of gossip. I have a few lesbian friends and we get along fine. For example, K-chan recently figured out her sexual orientation, and to me, she's still K-chan--the girl who skipped lunch to help me decorate my locker and the one who listens to rock with me.

i agree cos i'm from the same religion

I was pretty nervous last night that when I checked in the morning, people would be angrily raging about how homosexualilty is wrong and how homophobic they are.

I'm glad that didn't happen. ^^

It's great that you guys support people's equality even if your religion is against it. :) I'm actually a bit religious too, but... I might have stopped a while ago. I'm not an atheist, however.

The comments about being a guy and friends with a guy and feeling homosexual... That just amused me. XD A bromance type of thing, I guess?

Keep up the positive comments, guys! :D

And nice, Aya-chan. Very nice.

@Otaku-chan You make sense, don't worry. I think I understand what you're saying.

Hmm.. truth be told, I don't support it.

However, I don't support people being disgusting to others because of it, either. When I was in eighth grade I had a very important friend. She was a lesbian and so were some of her friends. She was one of my closest friends and was probably one of the most loyal people I know. She was probably the easiest person to get along with - but everyone hated her. They said her name with disgust. She hadn't hurt anyone. She didn't spread rumors and lies about people. She didn't start fights or get into it with people. She handled everything calmly and told her friends to chill out when things got nasty. I would often find myself yelling at people (I was rather outspoken during this time) for talking in corners with nasty expressions on their faces while obviously ridiculing my friend. She was even deeply hurt by one of her friends who decided to spread her personal diary around her friend group and made her an outcast even among those who were considered outcasts because of their 'sexual orientation'. But she always took it in stride and showed a brave face. She always found a way to forgive.

Everyone is human - we all make mistakes. We all miss the mark. Although I don't believe it is right because that's what it says in the Bible, I don't believe it's right to treat people like crap. You don't see people treating those who go around sleeping with others before marriage like crap, or the people who get places dishonestly, or people who lie about everything, do you?

People are very important. They should always receive a second chance, a warm smile, and Godly love in my book. No matter what you've done, who you are, or how you act. Every person deserves to be treated kindly and given grace.

• Upvote 3

Well I'm sorry, but there is something completely wrong here!!!!

Did you know? Interracial marriage wasn't allowed until after 1967. How would you feel if someone told you that you couldn't marry your love just because they weren't the same skin color as you? The same race?

Same-sex marriage is currently legal in ten countries:

Argentina

Belgium

Canada

Iceland

Netherlands

Norway

Portugal

South Africa

Spain

Sweden

The issue has been debated in several more, and some are still working things out. It is, however, in some countries, illegal to be homosexual and you will be put in jail or even killed for it. Homosexuality used to be considered a mental illness.

Actually, marriage between people of the same sex is commonly accepted in Denmark, and is also accepted by law. (Just like abortion, which i also support) The only problem is that the church doens't want to hold tha marriage. But the political parties is make a law that prohibite them to do so, but the church just answered that if that happen, noone will be able to be married by the church.

Still homosexsual and people wit other preferences can still be married by the goverment (Originally meant to be for nonbelievers)

Ohhh, I support :D

Can i ask a question...? ^_^"

what does the choices in the survey means?

>>Thanks for the rep...

What are you? Or rather, what do you prefer? Girls, guys or both?

@Hano I see... I thought it wasn't allowed in Denmark. I do know some countries allow homosexual couples to be together, but they're not allowed to marry. It's called a 'civil union'. Thanks!

@Forever I appreciate your input.. ^^ At least you're not hating on everyone here or complaining. Your friend sounded like a wonderful person. Are you still in contact with her?

@Ezra Aeyra has an incredible ability of winning any debate or argument. She always gets the point made and she's fantastic. <3

It's great to see so many contributing to this discussion in the course of a day! :D I'm glad my post was able to change the minds of some people. And I'm very happy that some people put that their view on homosexuality itself behind their belief that everyone should have equal rights. This is great! I know religion can sometimes force you to go against homosexuality, but I'm happy to see some religious people supporting too. ^^

LOL, Chelsea. XD You posted right before I did. :3 I feel flattered! Maybe this explanation works better for specifics for detective-DB though.

Heterosexual: Like opposite gender

Homosexual: Like same gender

Bisexual: Like both genders

Asexual: Like neither gender

@Akakata - Unfortunately, I haven't been able to keep contact with her. She got in trouble thanks to one of her 'friends' and got expelled - which in turn caused her to lose her cell phone because of her parents. I think she may have changed numbers or something, and she's hardly ever on facebook, so :/ But she is a rather wonderful person.

@Akakata - Unfortunately, I haven't been able to keep contact with her. She got in trouble thanks to one of her 'friends' and got expelled - which in turn caused her to lose her cell phone because of her parents. I think she may have changed numbers or something, and she's hardly ever on facebook, so :/ But she is a rather wonderful person.

:( If I may ask... How was she expelled? Have you tried messaging her?

I find relationships between the same gender acceptable. After all, if two people love each other, then why should I hate on them just because of they share the same gender? I have no right to interfere with something that has nothing to do with me.

My parents are really against homosexuality and it annoys me to no end. Why can't they put themselves in that situation? What would they do? God never said it was wrong, and if it was, who gives a damn about God? (not trying to offend anyone but this is ridiculous) If He really didn't support it why did he make people like that? :V Everyone is different and everyone is perfect just the way they are. Just start accepting people who are unlike yourselves already!

I am totally for this thread :D and I'm kinda trying to figure out my sexuality too xD;; Either heterosexual or pansexual? Think I'm heterosexual though~

My parents are really against homosexuality and it annoys me to no end. Why can't they put themselves in that situation? What would they do? God never said it was wrong, and if it was, who gives a damn about God? (not trying to offend anyone but this is ridiculous) If He really didn't support it why did he make people like that? :V Everyone is different and everyone is perfect just the way they are. Just start accepting people who are unlike yourselves already!

I am totally for this thread :D and I'm kinda trying to figure out my sexuality too xD;; Either heterosexual or pansexual? Think I'm heterosexual though~

Actually, there are parts from bible (which I don't know where...) that says something like homosexuals should be beaten to death or something like that... which is why my family is opposed to it.... But I support it because I think there's nothing wrong with a person's sexuality...

That's the part of the Bible I don't understand. If God created people, and all the types of love, than it obviously means he meant them to be there. Also, I believe the Bible tells you many other... things that are now untrue in ourcilture today (such as the inferiority of women and the right to beat your slave and etc.) Unless the devil supposedly put the sin there (I think Lucifer's actually kind of cool... *slaps self* This is what you get for reading MI 24/7! You start supporting the evil side.), I don't see why God has a problem with it. And isn't the quote 'Hate the sin, not the sinner?'

Also, I find it kind of sad that people try so hard to uphold their values onto others. Even if it is against the laws of your religion, they're the ones who eventually get "punished"- and somehow, I don't feel like all of the hatred stems from wanting to keep people out of purgatory. I don't know where it comes from. It's just... there.

No offense to any religion, but the fact that we cleave to Christianity as a country in the US downright upsets me. One of the essential parts of America is freedom of religion, and that means not everyone is a Christian. Heck, I'm even atheist! (so I feel funny just saying the pledge of allegiance...) Another essential part is SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. This is why I don't know why we as a country, as a whole, are letting religion cloud out our sense of righteousness as people. If politician's would look aside for just a moment and read that line- where lies the basis for any argument then other than "It's gross" and "People don't like it." I was amazed when Obama gave his support- it was a brave move that I hope will eventually become common among all politicians. What's good about these politicians though is that they'll do anything or say anything as long as enough people tell them to. ;) Let our voices be heard! Let our support ring through the country, through the world! The only way to get people to listen is to speak loud enough. Change comes slow, but it comes nonetheless, so I know that eventually this mission will come to fruit. It's just a matter of how quickly we can there.

• Upvote 1

Hmm well first, let's respond to Akakata: She got expelled because... she was harming herself along with her 'friend' who convinced her to do it in the girls' bathroom.

Second: It is in the Bible that it is an abomination unto God for homosexual-type relations to occur in an explicit manner if you catch my drift. It doesn't say "Go beat these people" at least, not in the New Testament where it is found.

Third: Our country was founded by Christians in order to worship God. In fact, it was said that the US Government would be "wholly inadequate" for people who did not follow God. The original intent of "freedom of religion" was during the time where "religion" referred only to Christianity. Of course, our laws and beginning has been re-interpreted to fit anyone and everyone's agendas - so of course this was warped. Also, separation of church and state isn't in the law and doesn't even appear in the Constitution.

I understand that I'm probably the only one here who is kind of on the "opposing" and "stubborn" side of this. However, I believe that if others are allowed to rant on their dislike of God and of people who many times unfortunately represent Christianity - which I follow - I should also be allowed some input.

The thing is... a true follower of God is forgiving and full of love. This doesn't mean to agree with and support sin - but it does mean to not treat people that you think are "not up to your standards" like crap. People with nasty pride like that dig themselves a hole. I love my God and will follow what He says - He will never be irrelevant. People choose to do wrong, people go along with the flow, and are easily persuaded. There is both good and evil in the world - I don't think it's very responsible for a human who is fully capable of making their own choices to blame their choices on God, but never give God the glory when things turn out well.

All in all, I'm not hating or anything like that, and I hope you didn't get that impression at all.

• Upvote 1

That's the part of the Bible I don't understand. If God created people, and all the types of love, than it obviously means he meant them to be there. Also, I believe the Bible tells you many other... things that are now untrue in ourcilture today (such as the inferiority of women and the right to beat your slave and etc.) Unless the devil supposedly put the sin there (I think Lucifer's actually kind of cool... *slaps self* This is what you get for reading MI 24/7! You start supporting the evil side.), I don't see why God has a problem with it. And isn't the quote 'Hate the sin, not the sinner?'

Also, I find it kind of sad that people try so hard to uphold their values onto others. Even if it is against the laws of your religion, they're the ones who eventually get "punished"- and somehow, I don't feel like all of the hatred stems from wanting to keep people out of purgatory. I don't know where it comes from. It's just... there.

No offense to any religion, but the fact that we cleave to Christianity as a country in the US downright upsets me. One of the essential parts of America is freedom of religion, and that means not everyone is a Christian. Heck, I'm even atheist! (so I feel funny just saying the pledge of allegiance...) Another essential part is SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. This is why I don't know why we as a country, as a whole, are letting religion cloud out our sense of righteousness as people. If politician's would look aside for just a moment and read that line- where lies the basis for any argument then other than "It's gross" and "People don't like it." I was amazed when Obama gave his support- it was a brave move that I hope will eventually become common among all politicians. What's good about these politicians though is that they'll do anything or say anything as long as enough people tell them to. ;) Let our voices be heard! Let our support ring through the country, through the world! The only way to get people to listen is to speak loud enough. Change comes slow, but it comes nonetheless, so I know that eventually this mission will come to fruit. It's just a matter of how quickly we can there.

Exactly my point. idk, because there are some wierd contradictions, sometimes I view myself as an atheist... I would be atheist, but it's just that I don't want to turn back against my family. I never told them about my religious status, but if they say they wouldn't care, I'd say atheist.