Detective Conan World
heLLo GiGi

Favorite Ghibli movie

The first movie I seen was howls moving castle on HBO by accident. Then I watched Spirited away, So far I Love every movie I came across. So I was wondering if anyone else like his movies......and what y'all think of them...

post-8624-0-75930900-1306170257_thumb.jp

I like them too! I don't really have a favorite, but if I had to choose, it would be either 'The Cat Returns' or 'Tales from Earthsea'.

These movies resemble the dreams I get every night... weird, right?

yeah, I know. The last Studio Ghibli movie I watched was Tales from Earthsea.

I named those two cuz they were the most like the dreams I have... and Nausicaa too...

I like them too!

My favourite is Witch's Delivery Service. (魔女の宅急便)

I haven't seen that one yet is it really good?

I like them too! I don't really have a favorite, but if I had to choose, it would be either 'The Cat Returns' or 'Tales from Earthsea'.

These movies resemble the dreams I get every night... weird, right?

I seen tales from earthsea and I just finished The cat returns the other day.

Anyone seen the valley of the wind........... good one

someone mentioned spirted Away too. I put that right behind Howl's Moving Castle.

I was overexposed to Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke, but that being said, they're both excellent movies... I also like My Neighbor Totoro, Porco Rosso, Nausicaa, Howl's Moving Castle, basically all of them, and not in any particular order :P

Grave of the Fireflies! Probably the BEST Ghibli film ever! It is so moving and well directed it is simply amazing. It is one of those movies that you are GLAD they didn't animate realistically, because as it stands... when you watch it you WILL cry your eyes out.... Seriously... If you haven't seen it, grab a box of tissues, sit down and watch it.

Other than that I think Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, and Spirited Away are all fantastic.

Really, I can think of only a few Ghibli films that I didn't like, but even those have merits that deserve praise.

Spirited Away is great. I watched it so many times!! I also love Mononoke-hime and Howl's Moving Castle..

oh, and Kiki's Delivery Service!!

My Neighbor Totoro isn't the best film but it's special to me because I grew up with that one...

Honestly, Miyazaki Hayao is awesome >_< Ponyo was also really cute : D

My Neighbor Totoro will always be my favorite. I even have plushies of characters. :P

Still planning to see Grave of the Fireflies at some point.

Just warning you, you will need a box of tissues. You will cry, and if you don't you are likely heartless, more so than even myself.

I love Grave of the Fireflies.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Actually... I'd like to ask if anyone knows of a movie by Miyazaki that will be released soon? I haven't watched any of his movies for quite a while...

Actually... I'd like to ask if anyone knows of a movie by Miyazaki that will be released soon? I haven't watched any of his movies for quite a while...

What a coincidence~ I'm going through a SG phase again xDD so I went to the library and checked out as many films as I could. According to the IMDB printout sheet I have here in front of me, Kaze Tachinu is coming out in 2013.

Anyhoo, rewatching some of my favorites. I forced my younger brother and sister to watch Grave of The Fireflies with me. AND THEY CRIIIIIED~~~ Woohoo!! I succeeded~! *ahem* But, uh, besides that, Grave of the Fireflies is my favorite film.

Spirited Away is currently ready to be watched as I type this. I've put the DVD in and everything, and I'm waiting to press play.

First movie I knowingly watched as a SG film was Howl's Moving Castle. And then Ponyo. Then Castle in The Sky, Nausicaa, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, and recently Arietty.

...I feel like I'm forgetting one...

EDIT: Oh, right, Earthsea!

Edited by Anime Girl 4 Eva

Studio Ghibli movies were all awesome!! :D I love their movies. Most of their movies made me cry, especially when I watch it for the second time..

I have so many favorites: Whisper of the Heart, Spirited Away, Howl's moving Castle, My neighbor Totoro and many more!!!

The movies were awesome. Especially Spirited Away.. It has something that made me (and others too)like it very much. I mean, If you watched that, You would want to watch that again :)

Totoro is also cute.. and Pom Poko - it made me cry XD

How I missed those movies *sighs* .. :)

I also wished I could watch ALL their movies.. :D I'm still busy this days :)

from the first i watch, up until now, none of the movies i don't like (please, excuse my english ^^"")

i've seen howl moving castle,

karigurashi no arrietty,

mononoke hime, 

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind,

tales from earthsea, and

my neighbor totoro.

it's like...japanese is disney??

Gosh, I love every Ghibli movie I have seen so far. But if I had to choose, then I'd go with Castle in the sky, it amazed me so much when I saw it in theaters :) .

My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of The Fireflies... The latter contributed to developing my sometimes-overemotional side.

I must not have watched that one early enough in life. I seem to have no emotion xD That one didn't even spark anything. Or I'm just not human, which is totally likely xD

As for a favorite, I'll stick with my choice from 2 years ago, Castle in the Sky is still my fave, though I don't much care for the green agenda in most of his movies... Kiki's Delivery Service is a favorite too~ And Tales from Earthsea, just for Cob's hilarious looking face when his magic wears off xD