Three First Discoverers (三人の第一発見者 San'nin no Daiichihakkensha) is the 792nd and 793rd episode of the Detective Conan. These are also the episodes where Rum's possible physical appearance is being talked by Conan.
After the Detective Boys have played soccer, Conan asks Haibara about Rum. She reveals that she never met him, but she has hear three different descriptions of him. He should either be a strong man, a feminine-looking man or a old man. She also recalls that he had a characteristic, that everyone in the organization agreed on, but she can't remember what. Ayumi suddenly sees an young boy standing and staring at an apartment. She remembered that he had also been standing there earliere that day. When the children asks him, the boy breaks down crying. He tells them that a woman who lives in the apartment had asks him to keep an eye on her door. She was going to have three visitors, and if she didn't come out after the last one had left, then she had been murdered, and the boy should call the police. The Detective Boys decide to check out the apartment, and on their way, the boy tells them, that he barely knows the lady. After the death of his parents he moved in with his uncle and lost contact with his old friends. The lady would sometimes come and play with him on the playground, when he was lonely.
||Yasue Komai's apartment
|Cause of death:
||Ronpei Sakaba, Kuramichi Habanaka, and Denji Shibakaru
- Lum Invader, a character from the external manga series Urusei Yatsura by Rumiko Takahashi, is a pun on the similar sounding of the names "Lum" and "Rum" due to the Japanese pronounciation of the Katakana syllable "ラ" ("ra") used in both. In the Japanese original, Haibara adds the word "-datcha", which is a famous speech affection used by Lum.
- Incidentally, Fumi Hirano, Lum's voice actress in the anime version, previously performed the role of Reiko Shimizu in The Private Eyes' Requiem
- The name of the suspects come from different brands of rums:
- Mamoru Gan'no (雁野 守) comes from Captain Morgan (キャプテン・モルガン Kyaputan Morugan);
- Yasue Komai (駒井 保江) comes from Myer's (マイヤーズ Maiyāzu);
- Denji Shibakaru (柴苅 殿治) comes from Bacardi (バカルディ Bakarudi);
- Ronpei Sakaba (阪場 論平) comes from Ron Zacapa Centenario (ロン・サカパ・センテナリオ Ron Sakapa Sentenario);
- Kuramichi Habanaka (幅中 倉道) comes from Havana Club (ハバナ・クラブ Habana Kurabu).
In other languages
| Catalan (Catalan dub)
||Els tres primers d'arribar
||The first three that arrived
||Three First Discoverers
||Ba người phát hiện đầu tiên
||Three First Discoverers
- ^ In the credit, Mamoru's name was indicated as Boy.