Detective Conan World
Ran Moorie

Change of feelings?

5 members have voted

1. 1. If Shinichi did say he doesn't love Ran anymore and is in love with someone else would she

• commit sucide by taking the drug
    • shrink by taking the drug and decide to relive childhood with shinichi again
    • kick the girl aka scare the noodles out of her
    • kick shinichi yelling, "YOU COLD-HEARTED GUY!!!"

Since I had read the pairing for shinichi, I was wondering how might she feel and do if Shinichi had no more romatic feelings for her anymore and is in love with someone else,eventhough she confessed his love to him and also Shinichi did too. :blink: I need your opinion.

Before that, what the reason Shinichi broke up with Ran??

I think the only reason they broke up is if Shinichi never come back..yociexp49.gif

But, if thats happen, i'm sure Ran gonna feel very depressed..JFBQ00197070418B.gif

And, maybe commit suicide like Shuu was said before in another thread..

But, I think that's not gonna happen..

I believe that this breakup is unrealistic. Even if it were to happen, it would only be temporary at best. Remember Sato's breakup with Takagi at the end of episode 302? Guess what? It didn't last. Just two episodes later, Sato's other love interest (Matsuda) was killed by a bomb, and by the end of that episode she took up Takagi once again.

I believe that this breakup is unrealistic. Even if it were to happen, it would only be temporary at best. Remember Sato's breakup with Takagi at the end of episode 302? Guess what? It didn't last. Just two episodes later, Sato's other love interest (Matsuda) was killed by a bomb, and by the end of that episode she took up Takagi once again.

It's not that Sato took Takagi up again! It's her remembering what happened 2 years ago. She never really break up with him either!

It's not that Sato took Takagi up again! It's her remembering what happened 2 years ago. She never really break up with him either!

Yes, they were broken up, but only briefly. She broke it off with him because she was afraid of losing him.

Yes, they were broken up, but only briefly. She broke it off with him because she was afraid of losing him.

And a few episodes after that, they went on a 'date ' which turned out chaotic with all the stalkers and drugs....

She's the kind of person who doesn't move on. I think she would commit suicide, or at least she would 'be dead' for the rest of her life in terms of personality. And Shinichi would have to be absolutely heartless to do that! And he's not that type of person.

I'd imagine she'd probably go the same way as Akai: colder, more introverted, being unable to forget and move on, still dwelling on the past. Unlike Akai, there would probably be a lot of crying at first. Her tenacious personality means she'd probably take a few years to get over it. She'd probably avoid trying to see Shinichi in person, but she would still read his articles in the newspaper. Kogoro would probably hate Shinichi's guts for depressing Ran. Kogoro and Ran's relationship might degrade a bit. Sonoko would be there as support though and would lift Ran's spirits.

• Upvote 1

Warning PG-13

Make peanut butter out of Shinichi's nuts.

Ok, seriously, I'd imagine she'd probably go the same way as Akai: colder, more introverted, being unable to forget and move on, still dwelling on the past. Unlike Akai, there would probably be a lot of crying at first. Her tenacious personality means she'd probably take a few years to get over it. She'd probably avoid trying to see Shinichi in person, but she would still read his articles in the newspaper. Kogoro would probably hate Shinichi's guts for depressing Ran. Kogoro and Ran's relationship might degrade a bit. Sonoko would be there as support though and would lift Ran's spirits.

Agreed. :(

She'd take very long to move on...

People, we're discussing what would happen, not the chances of it happening (which are relatively small).

Before that, what the reason Shinichi broke up with Ran??

I think the only reason they broke up is if Shinichi never come back..yociexp49.gif

But, if thats happen, i'm sure Ran gonna feel very depressed..JFBQ00197070418B.gif

And, maybe commit suicide like Shuu was said before in another thread..

But, I think that's not gonna happen..

I agree that Ran would be extremely depressed and it would only happen if Shinichi had no possibility of turning back.

She's the kind of person who doesn't move on. I think she would commit suicide, or at least she would 'be dead' for the rest of her life in terms of personality. And Shinichi would have to be absolutely heartless to do that! And he's not that type of person.

Agreed. Ran doesn't seem the type to move on or give up easily, but I doubt the suicide. She'd probably put up a brave face but have loneliness and despair haunting her eyes for eternity. <-- starts ranting

Ok, seriously, I'd imagine she'd probably go the same way as Akai: colder, more introverted, being unable to forget and move on, still dwelling on the past. Unlike Akai, there would probably be a lot of crying at first. Her tenacious personality means she'd probably take a few years to get over it. She'd probably avoid trying to see Shinichi in person, but she would still read his articles in the newspaper. Kogoro would probably hate Shinichi's guts for depressing Ran. Kogoro and Ran's relationship might degrade a bit. Sonoko would be there as support though and would lift Ran's spirits.

Agreed. While Ran may get over Shinichi, she probably won't marry. Ever. And Kogoro will definitely be upset and would probably kill Shinichi if he got the chance. I think that Shinichi and Ran would avoid each other for some time and rarely make eye contact or talk anymore. Sonoko would likely feel a bit stuck in the middle at first, then choose to go with Ran and ignore Shinichi.

even though there IS a little possibility of this happening, (since shinichi isn't the type of person who could make ran suffer), i think ran will be much colder to people and she would never marry..though before the "cold state", she will be locking herself in her room and cry all night and day.. :mellow:

• Upvote 1

even though there IS a little possibility of this happening, (since shinichi isn't the type of person who could make ran suffer), i think ran will be much colder to people and she would never marry..though before the "cold state", she will be locking herself in her room and cry all night and day.. :mellow:

After thinking about this for a little while you might be right with the part that she won't marry ANYONE, i mean ANYONE. She probably won't even have the heart to marry that doctor person. and obviously she will cry....... I mean what else did she did besides crying while waiting for shinichi?*starcasim* :roll:

...I doubt Shinichi would do that. If so, yes, Ran probably would commit suicide. However, out of the two of them, the one most likely to break up would be Ran. If she ever got sick of waiting... But there is a small possibility of Shinichi breaking up with Ran to keep her safe from the BO.

If Shinichi broke up with Ran, I think Ran will eventually marry Dr.Araide. She will get over Shinichi... not that I would like that to happen! :blink:

For those of you who think Ran would somehow pursue Dr. Araide in place of Shinichi, please watch OVA 9.

In addition, I seriously doubt the producers of DC will allow Ran to abandon Shinichi. However, I do believe that in real life, 99 out of 100 girlfriends would abandon their boyfriends if he somehow disappeared for long stretches of time without providing a complete explanation of the circumstances of his disappearance.

For those of you who think Ran would somehow pursue Dr. Araide in place of Shinichi, please watch OVA 9.

In addition, I seriously doubt the producers of DC will allow Ran to abandon Shinichi. However, I do believe that in real life, 99 out of 100 girlfriends would abandon their boyfriends if he somehow disappeared for long stretches of time without providing a complete explanation of the circumstances of his disappearance.

*nods

but i'm the 100th..haha

I understand the age difference between Dr. Araide and Ran... but in OVA 9 didhe not propose her??? I believe she would say yes if Shinichi left...