Stuff about Okiya  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Okiya?

• Bourbon
    • Akai Shuuichi
    • A new character (FBI)
    • A new character (CIA)
    • A new character (Black Org.)
    • A new character (other law enforcement agency like MI6 or interpol)
    • A new character (rival organization)
    • A new character (just a grad student)
    • A new character (freelance assassin)
    • A new character (other)
    • Both Akai and Bourbon who is reinfiltrating the Org
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Kaito Kid
    • A different known character in disguise
    • Someone else (good guy)
    • Someone else (bad guy)
    • Someone else (neutral guy)
    • I'm not sure
  2. 2. What are Okiya's primary goals? (multiple vote)

• Investigate Sherry
    • Protect Haibara/Sherry
    • Investigate and kill Sherry
    • Investigate Conan (true identity included)
    • Help and protect Conan
    • Investigate and kill Conan/Shinichi
    • Investigate / find Akai
    • Kill Akai
    • Investigate the FBI
    • Protect the FBI
    • Investigate and Damage/Destroy the FBI
    • Investigate the Org
    • Investigate and Damage/Destroy the Org
    • Investigate something/someone else
    • Find something/someone else
    • Investigate and Damage/Destroy something else
    • Kill someone else
    • Something not listed
    • I don't know

I'm really not sure. I'm all but sure that he isn't Bourbon since he looks evil and I doubt he's a completely new character who isn't associated with any previous characters since that wouldn't be interesting, but, at the same time, since everyone seems to think he's Akai, he almost certainly isn't.

Some CIA agent or such infiltrating the organization seems likely since he has the scent, but I hope that Gosho Aoyama can come with a more surprising explanation.

but, at the same time, since everyone seems to think he's Akai, he almost certainly isn't.

Most people who subscribe to the Okiya is Akai theory do so based on the comprehensive evidence supporting the theory. Gosho makes his mysteries solvable, and most people who have voted Akai have been following Okiya case discussions where various clues and interpretations have been argued over quite extensively. Also, I've been tracking case voting results for about 95 chapters now and, for the majority of cases, the correct answer is in fact the most voted option. This is especially true when there are a lot of voters and one option dominates the others by a large margin. Basically, the majority is wrong some of the time, but rarely so when there has been a lot of discussion, a lot of voters, well thought out theories, and one solution that is largely favored over the others, all of which are true in discussions involving Okiya's identity.

I'm really not sure. I'm all but sure that he isn't Bourbon since he looks evil and I doubt he's a completely new character who isn't associated with any previous characters since that wouldn't be interesting, but, at the same time, since everyone seems to think he's Akai, he almost certainly isn't.

Some CIA agent or such infiltrating the organization seems likely since he has the scent, but I hope that Gosho Aoyama can come with a more surprising explanation.

Pssh, that reasoning isn't sound in the slightest.

does my avatar help?

:grin: probably :)

Anyway,i think he is Akai,but I'm not sure :huh:

Do you remember this part? Conan knew something:

Conan : "Wasn't mokubasou at beika 2 choume #23 a..."

Haibara: "Oh,do you know something about that apartment*?" (* the apartment where Okiya lived)

Conan: " Ah,no.. "

I think it's a little strange :)

detective-conan-189656.jpg

It could be the shoes, or your imagination~ Also, height difference doesn't matter as there are such things as hidden heels and trenchcoats to cover up the evidence of height change(read tantei gakuen q)

It could be the shoes, or your imagination~ Also, height difference doesn't matter as there are such things as hidden heels and trenchcoats to cover up the evidence of height change(read tantei gakuen q)

like Kid's disguising but it doesn't matter anyway.

I believe is Okiya little tall then Akai

Did you have the time to measure them?

I did. It was hard to come up with a direct comparison because the only character who appears exactly side by side (can see feet to verify) standing straight up next to both Okiya and Akai was Conan, and Conan tends to fluctuate in height. I even tried chaining characters (Okiya next to Ran next to Jodie next to Akai). I'd say they are close enough in height given art variability.

He was shown tapping them, so it probably has something to do with "Sherry".

Right, but that doesn't mean bad intent. Okiya should have known who Haibara was the moment he laid eyes on her. He tried to move in with her. Okiya could be tapping so that he can make sure he is close by whenever Haibara is alone or if he overhears a possibly dangerous situation.

i think okiya is okiya and akai's real identity and a cIA agent undercover

Why would they need that? CIA and FBI are on the same side. There's no need for them to have a mole planted in each other.