Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

Makes sense so he can keep a close eye on them. If they get captured they will be killed, so maybe he has his own plan for them and doesn't want the rest of the BO to know. There is nothing that Agasa really has done to prove he isn't Anokata. I am just saying to me this theory would make the most sense and would make a great story ending.

Makes the most sense? No...

Anokata has been enforcing Shiho's capture ever since her escape. If he really wanted to protect her, then he could've called off the pursuit of Shiho. Why would he not want the rest of the BO to know of his plan if he is in fact "the boss" who is capable of making orders to the rest of the members? He has superiority over all of them (hence, Gin and Vermouth obeying him).

And saying Agasa really has done nothing to prove he isn't Anokata is like me saying Agasa has done nothing to prove that he IS Anokata.

Makes the most sense? No...

Anokata has been enforcing Shiho's capture ever since her escape. If he really wanted to protect her, then he could've called off the pursuit of Shiho. Why would he not want the rest of the BO to know of his plan if he is in fact "the boss" who is capable of making orders to the rest of the members? He has superiority over all of them (hence, Gin and Vermouth obeying him).

And saying Agasa really has done nothing to prove he isn't Anokata is like me saying Agasa has done nothing to prove that he IS Anokata.

Even from the beginning when Agasa told Shinich not to go to the police it could be his motive to protect the BO and used the safety of the ones close to him as a cover. Well to me it makes sense and even though you do have a point I am still going to believe Agasa is Anokata just think of it the person who Conan thought he could trust and has been there from the beginning(first person to learn his secret) turned out to be the BO leader it would just be to amazing and it will probably be Agasa but if not i would love to see who else they could possible make him that would be a better outcome then that.

Gosho has said himself that Agasa isn’t Anokata in an interview, sorry to burst your bubble

Which Interview is this i would like to read it. I am positive this never happened. Also Gosho would not take a popular theory and just throw it out like that.

it’s posted in this forum, manga section IIRC, in a topic called “translating interviews” or something along those lines

at least I’m quite certain I’ve read it there

it’s posted in this forum, manga section IIRC, in a topic called “translating interviews” or something along those lines

at least I’m quite certain I’ve read it there

Alright thanks ill look it up if your right I will have to explore different possibilities =P

anyone except for Shinichi :P ---> don't mind me, just trying to increase my post ^_^

Moderator comment: Don't spam to increase post count... or else.

reading the conan wiki page, i'm starting to think it's Sonoko's father, Shiro Suzuki. i mean, we know he has lots of money, owns a giant corporation, and Sonoko was introduced early enough so that if her father turned out to be responsible for the BO it would at least be connected. aoyama mentioned in an interview that the name of the boss has been given, but not the appearance, which fits since Suzuki has been mentioned but not seen.

aoyama mentioned in an interview that the name of the boss has been given, but not the appearance, which fits since Suzuki has been mentioned but not seen.

his quote was ambiguous, I forgot exactly what it was but I’m not sure it meant that…

he said theboss was in themanga at least once but how we don't know

Yep. The boss's name appeared in the manga.

I just had an idea.

What if it was actually the name of a building, or place or something?

Hello, um I'm new here and I stopped reading all the comments after page 16 ^_^ . So if someone already stated what I shall state now. I'm sorry. I'm pretty sure I'm dead wrong too but whatever.

I think boss is....dundundun. Kuroba Toichi. :shock: Cuz I remember someone posting that Vermouth said the boss is "always careful to the extreme". Toichi was a man that double then tripled check his magician equipment. He could have faked his death in order to get off Snake's radar. He could've killed Snake with his organization but maybe snake and his organization still had some use to him. ((Under the assumption that the two organizations are different))

Vermouth being his favorite wouldn't be that surprising, considering that she was Sharon Vineyard and learned about disguises under him. He would trust her the most in my opinion.

And Gosho said Ai would be surprised. And Gosho is the type of man that doesn't reveal too much. I mean he couldn't have said "the boss is someone that would surprise Kaito the most" that will make it too obvious right? Maybe there is more that Gosho hasn't told us about Haibara and her past. Maybe she or her family somehow knew Toichi and would be surprised if she found out he was still alive.

And with the current files right now. Gosho had somewhat formally introduced Kaito into BO matters. And there had to be a reason for it. Epic Father-son reunion lol.

And with the immortality things. I think this will somehow tangle with Pandora. ((Haha, I have no idea what I'm saying anymore. I have the guy but no facts to support))I'll go into more detail if people want me too.

Anyway that is my half-formed deduction that will most likely not happen at all.

• Upvote 1

I don't have a set theory as to who it is, but I have dismissed a few characters as possibilities to me.

Agasa Hiroshi: If he had been searching for Sherry, she wouldn't have lasted as long as she has. I don't see how he could have orchestrated the b.o's movements while with Conan or Ai, as in the Meeting With the Black Organization case when Haibara was captured and he was with Conan soon after. He was part of so many cases outside of the Black Org.'s involvement that it doesn't seem plausible that he'd be interested in capturing either Conan or Haibara. Also, he hasn't voiced any suspicions of Okiya, which he would have had he been involved, because if Haibara mentioned sensing a member, he would have noticed that he wasn't a member he knew.

Elena/Atsushi Miyano: As far as I know, they were nothing more than scientists for the organization, and I haven't seen any proof that they are still alive, let alone operating the black organization. Besides, research for the apotoxin drug wouldn't have fallen to Sherry if their deaths had been faked; they would merely have continued their work in secret, although I don't see a reason to pretend to lose their lives.

There are a few others (Kogoro, Eri, etc.) who seem to be completely out of the question. There's almost no way for any of these to be in charge of the organization, especially as Kogoro was nearly sniped by Gin, Eri was living with her daughter and police-officer husband while the black organization was being formed/working.

As for Okino Yoko, while it seems to be a long shot for a pop star to be the leader of a crime group, it's an intriguing theory. It would explain why Vermouth is one of the Boss' favorites, as the two would be close as fellow actresses. It would also give grounds for the fact that she's a fan of Kogoro, as the organization would have been alerted about him during Kir's arc and when they thought he'd placed the listening device. Also, the first case she appears in, in which her old boyfriend commit suicide, would add to the idea, as it mentioned how she had had to leave him when her career took off. (could be that she decided not to let him know any more about her when she got more involved in the group)

Aya Nanakawa seems to me the most suspicious minor character, as she was in the hospital at the same time as Mizunashi Rena, and therefore could have been involved in relaying intel to the organization, besides the fact that her name contains "Nana" of Nana's song/ Nanatsu no Ko. But because she's only a student, I doubt her rank in the organization would be high, as her youth would ensure she wasn't a founding member.

There are a few other people I'm suspicious of, mostly because I don't know the origin of their names, and there are Mobile Suit Gundam characters with similar names.

I don't have a set theory as to who it is, but I have dismissed a few characters as possibilities to me.

Agasa Hiroshi: If he had been searching for Sherry, she wouldn't have lasted as long as she has. I don't see how he could have orchestrated the b.o's movements while with Conan or Ai, as in the Meeting With the Black Organization case when Haibara was captured and he was with Conan soon after. He was part of so many cases outside of the Black Org.'s involvement that it doesn't seem plausible that he'd be interested in capturing either Conan or Haibara. Also, he hasn't voiced any suspicions of Okiya, which he would have had he been involved, because if Haibara mentioned sensing a member, he would have noticed that he wasn't a member he knew.

Elena/Atsushi Miyano: As far as I know, they were nothing more than scientists for the organization, and I haven't seen any proof that they are still alive, let alone operating the black organization. Besides, research for the apotoxin drug wouldn't have fallen to Sherry if their deaths had been faked; they would merely have continued their work in secret, although I don't see a reason to pretend to lose their lives.

There are a few others (Kogoro, Eri, etc.) who seem to be completely out of the question. There's almost no way for any of these to be in charge of the organization, especially as Kogoro was nearly sniped by Gin, Eri was living with her daughter and police-officer husband while the black organization was being formed/working.

As for Okino Yoko, while it seems to be a long shot for a pop star to be the leader of a crime group, it's an intriguing theory. It would explain why Vermouth is one of the Boss' favorites, as the two would be close as fellow actresses. It would also give grounds for the fact that she's a fan of Kogoro, as the organization would have been alerted about him during Kir's arc and when they thought he'd placed the listening device. Also, the first case she appears in, in which her old boyfriend commit suicide, would add to the idea, as it mentioned how she had had to leave him when her career took off. (could be that she decided not to let him know any more about her when she got more involved in the group)

Aya Nanakawa seems to me the most suspicious minor character, as she was in the hospital at the same time as Mizunashi Rena, and therefore could have been involved in relaying intel to the organization, besides the fact that her name contains "Nana" of Nana's song/ Nanatsu no Ko. But because she's only a student, I doubt her rank in the organization would be high, as her youth would ensure she wasn't a founding member.

There are a few other people I'm suspicious of, mostly because I don't know the origin of their names, and there are Mobile Suit Gundam characters with similar names.

The three person their possible.Proffessor Agasa,Elena Miyano and Astushi Miyano.I believe is least age 35

I've already posted this at the Interview thread some weeks ago but I'm just gonna re-post it here in case it helps. (Again I'm not sure if this thing is even real !)

This apparently is Gosho's new interview that I've found in the DCTP Spoiler Cbox: http://sankei.jp.msn...07000000-n1.htm

As you can see there are 4 pages in total. Unfortunately, not much is translated into English, and I'm not even sure if it's real or not. According to the translators in the Cbox:

The Boss' full name has been mentioned. I'm still not sure whether it's safe to conclude that The Boss him/herself has appeared in person or not. (Well, that doesn't help much...)

What if Anokata was an alter ego of one of the characters we already have? HAHAHA. Lousy speculation...

*facepalms*

Here's what I think:-

Anokata is really smart which brings to question someone who is smarter than Heiji or Shinichi, the only people we can think of that are smarter are quite few like Shinchi's father whom is really hiding stuff from others, which would explain why he is very cautious person, another theory is that Anokata is related to Shinichi's family his grandfather maybe or his uncle or even his father's uncle.

Anokata takes Vermouth as his favorite which brings to question Kuroba Toichi the real Kaitou Kid since like mentioned above, both Shinichi's mother and Vermouth learned under him that's why he might taken a like to Vermouth since Yukiko is engaged to Yuusaku but Vermouth isn't.

Another theory is that Anokata is that someone whom we know we wouldn't suspect as Gosho Aoyama himself mentioned that Haibara will be surprised about his identity meaning we too will be surprised about him, so since we now know that he was mentioned early on in the manga/anime I calculated it and when I read somewhere that Gosho didn't think that DC will last more than 3 months it hit me that Anokata's name mentioned very early, since it is always one episode peer week there's four weeks in a month and there's three months so 4*3=12 so Anokata's name was mentioned in the first 12 episodes since Gosho didn't intended that it will last longer he made the name appear somewhere, so I started searching but didn't have time to watch them all over again so rewatch and search for evidence about his whereabouts. ( I like the idea of Seiji from episode 11 of the moonlight mystery to be somewhat engaged to the B.O)

Oh and one last thing B.O isn't the formal name to the organization since I read somewhere that Gosho said that knowing the real name of the B.O will give away Anokata's identity, (Suzuki corporation maybe XD) (or Agasa's corporation, or even Black Organization referring to James Black of the FBI).