Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who's better off with Shinichi? Haibara Ai or Ran??

I actually disagree. Ran is more suitable for Shinichi, in my opinion, because "opposites attract". By that, I mean a relationship between Shinichi and Ran would balance out A LOT better than with the near equals of Shinichi and Shiho. Two brainiacs together would enforce constant clashing with one another (especially between intellects like these two). It's like pairing two very outspoken people together; they wouldn't be compatible (that also goes for pairing two very shy and reserved people, which would be the most quiet and unromantic relationship ever). That is why BALANCE is key. Shinichi and Shiho would almost seem as if they were "competing" with one another rather than "intertwining". Ran, on the other hand, can fulfill all of Shinichi's needs that he himself is not capable of doing (e.g. cooking, cleaning, encouraging, expressing undivided love). I can't imagine Shiho meeting these qualifications that Shinichi needs in his life as much as Ran can.

It's like my parents: My dad is quite conservative (but humorous at some points), very handy when it comes to repairing and fixing, unbelievably intelligent, and is overall a hardworking man. Contrarily, my mother is generous, considerate, quite ditsy when it comes to cleverness, an extraordinary cook, determined when it comes to maintaining the house, and a person that lights up a room with her love. They are almost complete opposites, yet they would undeniably love each other to the ends of the Earth (next year is their 25th anniversary).

I'm not a love guru or anything, but considering how well near opposite personalities can adapt with one another proves to me that Ran is PERFECT SOULMATE for Shinichi.

Your parents are but one example. You parents work because they likely work with each other. Being interested in the other person's interests and liking their personality do more for relationships than filling in the other persons gaps. Intelligence doesn't always have to be the same form, and Shinichi and Shiho don't exactly have the same intelligence. Ran doesn't seem at all interested in anything Shinichi is. She doesn't seem to enjoy mysteries (despite being the daughter of a detective and boyfriend of a detective), she doesn't enjoy the sciences, she doesn't enjoy Conan Doyle. Hell every time Shinichi ever talked to her about those things (which he does ALL THE TIME), she seemed bored out of her mind. That is not the workings of a healthy relationship. If they were really compatible she would at least make the effort to seem interested in what he has to say. In any relationship you need common ground. All Ran and Shinichi have is a mutual childhood it seems.

Your parents are but one example. You parents work because they likely work with each other. Being interested in the other person's interests and liking their personality do more for relationships than filling in the other persons gaps. Intelligence doesn't always have to be the same form, and Shinichi and Shiho don't exactly have the same intelligence. Ran doesn't seem at all interested in anything Shinichi is. She doesn't seem to enjoy mysteries (despite being the daughter of a detective and boyfriend of a detective), she doesn't enjoy the sciences, she doesn't enjoy Conan Doyle. Hell every time Shinichi ever talked to her about those things (which he does ALL THE TIME), she seemed bored out of her mind. That is not the workings of a healthy relationship. If they were really compatible she would at least make the effort to seem interested in what he has to say. In any relationship you need common ground. All Ran and Shinichi have is a mutual childhood it seems.

Preferability is also a main factor in a good relationship. Throughout the series, Shinichi grew closer to Ran and learned more about what she is capable of doing. There was an episode when someone told her that she would be a great mother one day, and Shinichi couldn't help but smile. Shinichi also loves the fact that Ran is an amazing cook. For example, that one episode with Shinichi's "first love" reveals that Shinichi (indirectly) prefers a woman that can cook well. The girl even believed that Ran was more suitable for him since Ran's lemon pie was better than hers. Shinichi's admiration for Ran's qualities (her selflessness, her ability to cook and kick ass in karate, her strong will) grows stronger as the story goes on. When it comes to appearance, I don't even need to say anything about what Shinichi thinks of Ran's appearance ("Special sexy shot" scene appeared in my head). Furthermore, the strong bond between them is quite astonishing. They can sense certain things about each other that other couples cannot (e.g. the Shirigama case when Ran sensed that the man wasn't the real Shinichi). And their childhood only brought them together; I wouldn't say their childhood is the underlying source of their love. In my opinion, it is when they got to learn more about each other that made them develop feelings.

As for ShinShi, I don't see the same connection that Shinichi and Ran have. I see Shinichi and Shiho as nothing more than friends. Their near equal intelligence is best suited for a friendship rather than a relationship. Sorry, but Ran is the obvious choice for Shinichi.

Preferability is also a main factor in a good relationship. Throughout the series, Shinichi grew closer to Ran and learned more about what she is capable of doing. There was an episode when someone told her that she would be a great mother one day, and Shinichi couldn't help but smile. Shinichi also loves the fact that Ran is an amazing cook. For example, that one episode with Shinichi's "first love" reveals that Shinichi (indirectly) prefers a woman that can cook well. The girl even believed that Ran was more suitable for him since Ran's lemon pie was better than hers. Shinichi admiration for Ran's qualities (her selflessness, her ability to cook and kick ass in karate, her strong will) grows stronger as the story goes on. When it comes to appearance, I don't even need to say anything about what Shinichi thinks of Ran's appearance ("Special sexy shot" scene appeared in my head). Furthermore, the strong bond between them is quite astonishing. They can sense certain things about each other that other couples cannot (e.g. the Shirigama case when Ran sensed that the man wasn't the real Shinichi). And their childhood only brought them together; I wouldn't say their childhood is the underlying source of their love. In my opinion, it is when they got to learn more about each other that made them develop feelings.

As for ShinShi, I don't see the same connection that Shinichi and Ran have. I see Shinichi and Shiho as nothing more than friends. Their near equal intelligence is best suited for a friendship rather than a relationship. Sorry, but Ran is the obvious choice for Shinichi.

A few problems with your argument... The first love case only revealed one thing... That Shinichi is brutally honest. The girl made everything up. She does see that Shinichi won't see anyone else but Ran though. But that doesn't mean that she believes that she is perfect for him. She knows that Ran is the one that Shinichi chose, which has nothing to do with compatibility.

You can of course develop feelings, but if there isn't mutual compatibility in some form, the relationship will fail unless the couple works at it.

He does admire her selflessness, and her abilities in karate, and likewise Ran admires Shinichi's deductive abilities, but admiration is not basis for relationships.

As for that special sexy shot... Well as I recall that was of Ran fixing her bathing suit... It wasn't Ran so much as what was being SHOWN of Ran. So long as the girl is in shape, and had a good body, that would be sexy no matter who it was.

As for the Shirigami case, that just proves that Ran knows him well. Which comes more from their connection as childhood friends than love interest. Ran just happens to be his closest friend. It is only natural that she would know. The only people other than Ran that could do that are his parents.

I have seen far more relationships working between people with mutual interests than of opposites. Why? Because there is common ground. Even if they argue points of contention with the other, that makes the relationship stronger because in the end you respect the other's opinion on the matter. Shinichi has been shown to completely disregard Ran's opinion on certain matters, and they even fought for weeks over it (the case where we meet the original Kaitou Kid).

Kogorou and Eri are opposites and they are separated though they still love each other. Those criteria are simply not enough for a solid relationship.

The best relationships are made between friends. So the very fact that you contend that Shiho would make a great friend to Shinichi, means that she can also make a good girlfriend to him as well.

Lastly, and I have said this before, Shinichi doesn't have any solid reason to keep Ran in the dark any longer. She has gotten involved with the BO enough for her to be on their radar. The mere fact that he doesn't tell her proves that he doesn't trust her and for no reason. You can say that he doesn't trust Shiho and visa versa, but they have legitimate reasons that will likely be resolved by the end of the series. There is no issue with Ran, and not telling her is proof that he doesn't trust her enough to keep a secret. He can tell her in confidence and let her work through her worries and do it that way, but he chooses not to.

I should also mention that NONE OF THE CAST, save the side characters (Takagi, Satou, Shiratori, Kobayashi, and Ai especially) have developed at all. I thought Shinichi was, until the London case where all of that development went out the window. Shinichi, Ran, Kogorou, Sonoko, and all of the original DBoys are frightfully static in terms of development. It is one of the biggest problems in DC, and it is why I think Gosho needs to end it. The only thing that has sort of developed is their relationship... kinda... And I say kinda because all they really have done is made progress. Every time they conflict it is resolved and returns to status quo without any lasting repercussions, at least none that we can see as of yet.

A few problems with your argument... The first love case only revealed one thing... That Shinichi is brutally honest. The girl made everything up. She does see that Shinichi won't see anyone else but Ran though. But that doesn't mean that she believes that she is perfect for him. She knows that Ran is the one that Shinichi chose, which has nothing to do with compatibility.

You can of course develop feelings, but if there isn't mutual compatibility in some form, the relationship will fail unless the couple works at it.

He does admire her selflessness, and her abilities in karate, and likewise Ran admires Shinichi's deductive abilities, but admiration is not basis for relationships.

As for that special sexy shot... Well as I recall that was of Ran fixing her bathing suit... It wasn't Ran so much as what was being SHOWN of Ran. So long as the girl is in shape, and had a good body, that would be sexy no matter who it was.

As for the Shirigami case, that just proves that Ran knows him well. Which comes more from their connection as childhood friends than love interest. Ran just happens to be his closest friend. It is only natural that she would know. The only people other than Ran that could do that are his parents.

I have seen far more relationships working between people with mutual interests than of opposites. Why? Because there is common ground. Even if they argue points of contention with the other, that makes the relationship stronger because in the end you respect the other's opinion on the matter. Shinichi has been shown to completely disregard Ran's opinion on certain matters, and they even fought for weeks over it (the case where we meet the original Kaitou Kid).

Kogorou and Eri are opposites and they are separated though they still love each other. Those criteria are simply not enough for a solid relationship.

The best relationships are made between friends. So the very fact that you contend that Shiho would make a great friend to Shinichi, means that she can also make a good girlfriend to him as well.

Lastly, and I have said this before, Shinichi doesn't have any solid reason to keep Ran in the dark any longer. She has gotten involved with the BO enough for her to be on their radar. The mere fact that he doesn't tell her proves that he doesn't trust her and for no reason. You can say that he doesn't trust Shiho and visa versa, but they have legitimate reasons that will likely be resolved by the end of the series. There is no issue with Ran, and not telling her is proof that he doesn't trust her enough to keep a secret. He can tell her in confidence and let her work through her worries and do it that way, but he chooses not to.

I should also mention that NONE OF THE CAST, save the side characters (Takagi, Satou, Shiratori, Kobayashi, and Ai especially) have developed at all. I thought Shinichi was, until the London case where all of that development went out the window. Shinichi, Ran, Kogorou, Sonoko, and all of the original DBoys are frightfully static in terms of development. It is one of the biggest problems in DC, and it is why I think Gosho needs to end it. The only thing that has sort of developed is their relationship... kinda... And I say kinda because all they really have done is made progress. Every time they conflict it is resolved and returns to status quo without any lasting repercussions, at least none that we can see as of yet.

When I said admiration, I meant admiration in the aspect of compatibility. (Shinichi admires this and that, so he sees her as a viable option as his girlfriend)

And yes, if a girl has a sexy body, she would be of interest for Shinichi. Ran DOES have that body. (As for Shiho, it is unknown yet)

Yes, Ran does know him well since they are childhood friends. But during the case, it was much deeper than that. She started weeping out of nowhere (because she could sense that Shinichi was nearby) It's like they have a "psychic" connection between them that requires more than being childhood friends.

Mutual interests is different. When I say "opposite", I am referring to personality. Two people can have have mutual interests, but can be totally incompatible because of their individual persona. But on the subject of mutualism, (it's kinda like what you said between Shinichi and Ran and how their childhood is the only thing mutualistic between the two) Shiho and Shinichi are only mutualistic when it comes to their situation with the BO and the fact that both of them have shrunk. And both of them are intelligent in two different aspects: Shinichi with deduction/mystery/random facts and Shiho with science. So their level of knowledge doesn't mean they are mutualistic in any way.

The best relationships are made between "closest friends", not just any friend. One friend must stand out more than the other (Ran *cough cough*).

And the main reason why Shinichi doesn't tell Ran is not because he doesn't trust her, it's because he knows Ran will do anything to save Shinichi's life, even if it means sacrificing her own. Also, he doesn't want Ran to constantly worry about him and his condition. He's already hurt her enough. (he wants to defeat the BO solely because he wants to return to Ran, which he has stated multiple times before).

And lastly, I have to 100% agree with Saki's old post:

I think both sides (ShinRan and ShinShi) have equally good arguments on compatibility but IMHO, I think a person should be with who he loves best regardless of who would be a better match for him. So, my vote goes to Ran here because Shinichi loves her* and she loves him in return.

When I said admiration, I meant admiration in the aspect of compatibility. (Shinichi admires this and that, so he sees her as a viable option as his girlfriend)

And yes, if a girl has a sexy body, she would be of interest for Shinichi. Ran DOES have that body. (As for Shiho, it is unknown yet)

Yes, Ran does know him well since they are childhood friends. But during the case, it was much deeper than that. She started weeping out of nowhere (because she could sense that Shinichi was nearby) It's like they have a "psychic" connection between them that requires more than being childhood friends.

Mutual interests is different. When I say "opposite", I am referring to personality. Two people can have have mutual interests, but can be totally incompatible because of their individual persona. But on the subject of mutualism, (it's kinda like what you said between Shinichi and Ran and how their childhood is the only thing mutualistic between the two) Shiho and Shinichi are only mutualistic when it comes to their situation with the BO and the fact that both of them have shrunk. And both of them are intelligent in two different aspects: Shinichi with deduction/mystery/random facts and Shiho with science. So their level of knowledge doesn't mean they are mutualistic in any way.

The best relationships are made between "closest friends", not just any friend. One friend must stand out more than another (Ran *cough cough*).

And the main reason why Shinichi doesn't tell Ran is not because he doesn't trust her, it's because he knows Ran will do anything to save Shinichi's life, even if it means sacrificing her own. Also, he doesn't want Ran to constantly worry about him and his condition. He's already hurt her enough. (he wants to defeat the BO solely because he wants to return to Ran, which he has stated multiple times before).

And lastly, I have to 100% agree with Saki's old post:

I think both sides (ShinRan and ShinShi) have equally good arguments on compatibility but IMHO, I think a person should be with who he loves best regardless of who would be a better match for him. So, my vote goes to Ran here because Shinichi loves her* and she loves him in return.

Dude... Ran would sacrifice herself for anyone she cares about. She has already nearly gotten herself killed by Calvados/Vermouth while protecting Ai (and vermouth nearly killed her once before that in NY). Not telling her only puts her into more danger because she runs in blind. Shinichi is an idiot for not realizing that. And him thinking that is STILL not trusting her. Hell, if that is the case then it is mutual mistrust. She doesn't trust him to take care of it on his own, and he doesn't trust her not to get involved in a situation that will almost certainly get her killed.

And that is not true about Shinichi and Shiho. Shinichi has an interest in science (blame the sherlockian in him if you want), and Ai has an interest in deduction. Both of them has shown interest in the other's area of expertise. More than Ran has ever shown in Shinichi, and more than Shinichi has ever shown in Ran. When those two talk about the same thing there is usually conflict if there is no morals involved (they tend to be on the same moral wavelength). That is ironically the biggest difference between Shiho and Shinichi, and the only possible reason why it wouldn't work out between them, but Shiho's moral standing seems to have developed while being with Shinichi, so she has a lot more developing to do in that area.

And yeah... we already know what Shiho looks like and Shinichi does as well (I think, I can't remember if he saw her or not). Remember this scene? shihomiyano3.jpg

And for the record... Shiho's personality post BO is still developing, but either way it is pretty different than Shihichi's, its just not polar opposite like Ran is.

Dude... Ran would sacrifice herself for anyone she cares about. She has already nearly gotten herself killed by Calvados/Vermouth while protecting Ai (and vermouth nearly killed her once before that in NY). Not telling her only puts her into more danger because she runs in blind. Shinichi is an idiot for not realizing that. And him thinking that is STILL not trusting her. Hell, if that is the case then it is mutual mistrust. She doesn't trust him to take care of it on his own, and he doesn't trust her not to get involved in a situation that will almost certainly get her killed.

And that is not true about Shinichi and Shiho. Shinichi has an interest in science (blame the sherlockian in him if you want), and Ai has an interest in deduction. Both of them has shown interest in the other's area of expertise. More than Ran has ever shown in Shinichi, and more than Shinichi has ever shown in Ran. When those two talk about the same thing there is usually conflict if there is no morals involved (they tend to be on the same moral wavelength). That is ironically the biggest difference between Shiho and Shinichi, and the only possible reason why it wouldn't work out between them, but Shiho's moral standing seems to have developed while being with Shinichi, so she has a lot more developing to do in that area.

And yeah... we already know what Shiho looks like and Shinichi does as well (I think, I can't remember if he saw her or not). Remember this scene? shihomiyano3.jpg

And for the record... Shiho's personality post BO is still developing, but either way it is pretty different than Shihichi's, its just not polar opposite like Ran is.

Yes, I am aware that Ran would sacrifice her own life for anyone, and Shinichi is aware of it also, which is why he can't tell her. And I have no idea what you mean when you say "runs in blind." If she were to find out about the BO, she has a higher chance of getting involved than "running in blind" spontaneously. I see where you're going with the whole trust issue, but if Ran sees Shinichi in trouble, she has no choice but to try to save him with the chance of losing her life (not intentionally killing herself, but if it comes to her death, then so be it). If the only thing that breaks trust is saving the life of your loved one, I think it is necessary. Trust is extremely important in any relationship, but there are always exceptions in anything.

Who's to say that Ran isn't interested in science or deduction? She's been involved with like 400 cases and when her father (Shinichi) makes a deduction, she always give him her undivided attention. Ran has even deduced 2 cases on her own (with some help from Shinichi) which would require some interesting in finding the truth. If Ran and Shinichi were to end up together, she would accompany him on several cases (I think) and Shinichi would watch most of Ran's karate tournaments and support her. You can show interest in someone else's interest without have expertise with it.

As for the picture, yes Shinichi has seen Shiho's older body (episode 170 I think?). I was referring to her "body" body (I thought you knew what I was referring to...)

Yes, I am aware that Ran would sacrifice her own life for anyone, and Shinichi is aware of it also, which is why he can't tell her. And I have no idea what you mean when you say "runs in blind." If she were to find out about the BO, she has a higher chance of getting involved than "running in blind" spontaneously. I see where you're going with the whole trust issue, but if Ran sees Shinichi in trouble, she has no choice but to try to save him with the chance of losing her life (not intentionally killing herself, but if it comes to her death, then so be it). If the only thing that breaks trust is saving the life of your loved one, I think it is necessary. Trust is extremely important in any relationship, but there are always exceptions in anything.

Who's to say that Ran isn't interested in science or deduction? She's been involved with like 400 cases and when her father (Shinichi) makes a deduction, she always give him her undivided attention. Ran has even deduced 2 cases on her own (with some help from Shinichi) which would require some interesting in finding the truth. If Ran and Shinichi were to end up together, she would accompany him on several cases (I think) and Shinichi would watch most of Ran's karate tournaments and support her. You can show interest in someone else's interest without have expertise with it.

As for the picture, yes Shinichi has seen Shiho's older body (episode 170 I think?). I was referring to her "body" body (I thought you knew what I was referring to...)

There is no real difference AJ... That jumpsuit was pretty tight on her. He may have not seen her in a bathing suit, but if you have seen a girl's body through tight clothing, chances are you'll not be surprised when she takes said clothes off. He has also seen her naked in her child form. Considering that marks on the body don't change, I'm pretty sure Shinichi knows EXACTLY what Shiho's "body" body looks like. And on that note... Ran will likely KILL Shinichi when she finds out, especially if it is coming from someone other than himself, because he has seen her completely naked a number of times.

And Shinichi supported her, but there is no evidence of him ever going to said tournaments. The only evidence is of Sonoko, through Makoto. The only evidence Shinichi went comes from M4 which isn't canon. So we can only assume that he supported her there. Otherwise all we know is that he gave her incentive to win.

And yes... Ran ISN'T interested. She THINKS it's HORRIBLE what Shinichi has to see as a detective. This comes from the FIRST EPISODE/CHAPTER. Just because she is forced to experience it, and feels the need to solve them when she is in the presence of a mystery, doesn't mean she is at all interested. She will never accompany him because of that. She accompanies him NOW only to look after CONAN who always tags along with Kogorou, because she feels RESPONSIBLE for Conan (NOT SHINICHI). There was no evidence to ever suggest she went with him or her father before. So why would she start after he gets his body back?

And considering the kids Ran wants to protect most, and she knows all of the police force. So the chances of her finding out if Conan or Ai are in trouble is pretty high. She will still manage to run in blind. And I guarantee you that is what Gosho plans as part of the climax. Ran confronting one of the major members of the BO that doesn't care about her unlike Vermouth. Shinichi telling Ran may not prevent that, but it WILL help her move on the side of caution when it does end up happening (which it pretty much inevitably will)

There is no real difference AJ... That jumpsuit was pretty tight on her. He may have not seen her in a bathing suit, but if you have seen a girl's body through tight clothing, chances are you'll not be surprised when she takes said clothes off. He has also seen her naked in her child form. Considering that marks on the body don't change, I'm pretty sure Shinichi knows EXACTLY what Shiho's "body" body looks like. And on that note... Ran will likely KILL Shinichi when she finds out, especially if it is coming from someone other than himself, because he has seen her completely naked a number of times.

And Shinichi supported her, but there is no evidence of him ever going to said tournaments. The only evidence is of Sonoko, through Makoto. The only evidence Shinichi went comes from M4 which isn't canon. So we can only assume that he supported her there. Otherwise all we know is that he gave her incentive to win.

And yes... Ran ISN'T interested. She THINKS it's HORRIBLE what Shinichi has to see as a detective. This comes from the FIRST EPISODE/CHAPTER. Just because she is forced to experience it, and feels the need to solve them when she is in the presence of a mystery, doesn't mean she is at all interested. She will never accompany him because of that. She accompanies him NOW only to look after CONAN who always tags along with Kogorou, because she feels RESPONSIBLE for Conan (NOT SHINICHI). There was no evidence to ever suggest she went with him or her father before. So why would she start after he gets his body back?

And considering the kids Ran wants to protect most, and she knows all of the police force. So the chances of her finding out if Conan or Ai are in trouble is pretty high. She will still manage to run in blind. And I guarantee you that is what Gosho plans as part of the climax. Ran confronting one of the major members of the BO that doesn't care about her unlike Vermouth. Shinichi telling Ran may not prevent that, but it WILL help her move on the side of caution when it does end up happening (which it pretty much inevitably will)

How your body looks as a child and how clothes looks on you don't give full indication of what your "body" body will look like. But the argument on a girl's body really has little say in what's suitable for Shinichi.

You can't just bluntly say that Ran ISN'T interested. Just because she thinks there are horrible things to see as a detective doesn't mean there are no signs of interest. And yes, sometimes assumption is necessary when it comes to deciding who's better for Shinichi. We have to ASSUME what the future would hold between the two couples or we could ASSUME that Ran has been on cases with Shinichi based on what we know (death appears to be stalking him).

Then, it comes to this off-topic subject (I'm not complaining though). I'm just explaining to you the reasoning behind Shinichi's thought process. Sometimes it is hard to tell the one you love that there is a high probability that you may die because of some predicament you're in. Love can distort the way one is thinking. And I think he is more worried about making Ran worry about him rather than what she is capable of doing if she finds out (if that makes sense). Also, there were times when Shinichi wanted to tell Ran everything (e.g. the Desperate Revival arc). I guess he changed his mind because he suddenly started focusing on Ran's safety again (since that is what he mainly does).

So yeah... I think it's at that point where we just start picking off of each other's arguments rather than supporting our own argument that pertains to the topic. So thanks for keeping me company, but I think we have reached a MUTUALISTIC point (to where the argument can go either way no matter how much more we can argue about). All in all, there is NO DOUBT that Gosho will make Shinichi and Ran be together in the end. ShinShi fans can hope otherwise, but it's just not happening (even if you think Shiho is better suited for him).

How your body looks as a child and how clothes looks on you don't give full indication of what your "body" body will look like. But the argument on a girl's body really has little say in what's suitable for Shinichi.

You can't just bluntly say that Ran ISN'T interested. Just because she thinks there are horrible things to see as a detective doesn't mean there are no signs of interest. And yes, sometimes assumption is necessary when it comes to deciding who's better for Shinichi. We have to ASSUME what the future would hold between the two couples or we could ASSUME that Ran has been on cases with Shinichi based on what we know (death appears to be stalking him).

Then, it comes to this off-topic subject (I'm not complaining though). I'm just explaining to you the reasoning behind Shinichi's thought process. Sometimes it is hard to tell the one you love that there is a high probability that you may die because of some predicament you're in. Love can distort the way one is thinking. And I think he is more worried about making Ran worry about him rather than what she is capable of doing if she finds out (if that makes sense). Also, there were times when Shinichi wanted to tell Ran everything (e.g. the Desperate Revival arc). I guess he changed his mind since he suddenly started focusing on is Ran's safety (since that is what he mainly does).

So yeah... I think it's at that point where we just start picking off of each other's arguments rather than supporting our own argument that pertains to the topic. So thanks for keeping me company, but I think we have reached a MUTUALISTIC point (to where the argument can go either way no matter how much more we can argue about). All in all, there is NO DOUBT that Gosho will make Shinichi and Ran be together in the end. ShinShi fans can hope otherwise, but it's just not happening (even if you think Shiho is better suited for him).

I'm not denying that unless Ran dies, Shinichi and Ran will be together in the end. The topic is though "Who is better off with shinichi." And really Shiho is better for him, at least in my opinion. (To be fair, I still think that Shinichi marrying his father's library is the only way Shinichi to have a marriage that lasts.) Warning: that is a manga spoiler, don't open if you are not up to date and don't want to be spoiled!

Then again we don't know who Sera is. She might very well be a new contender in this thread when we know who she is, providing she isn't evil. Which would make things very interesting. She is a detective, has a good attitude (though doesn't have the same moral motives as Ran/Shinichi), and seems to be an actual female Shinichi that actually knows how to fight. Granted though... she seems like she'll be a better detective rival for Shinichi than a love rival for Ran

And yeah... you can... She never showed interest in detective work or his cases. She never seemed to want to hear about it because she never wanted to hear the horrible side of human nature that Shinichi was so often exposed to. In fact, though it was probably her being playful, she used it to mess with him telling him to deduce things instead of her telling him.

As for the Desperate Revival, he only intended to tell her because he was SURE there was no other way and he was SURE she had figured it out and was waiting for him to tell her. Which, in all honesty, was a fair assessment. And hey, it only took a potentially dangerous drug to talk him out of it, why? Because he wanted to tell her so she wouldn't feel betrayed and isolated (again, it was fair of him to feel that way). It wasn't because he felt it was time to tell her, he was worried that she knew and there was no other option other than lying to her and placing more distance. When he found out there was a way to keep up the secret, while convincing Ran otherwise, he JUMPED at the opportunity even though it did involve a dangerous experimental drug that could have had severe adverse side effects. (You know, the fact that these experimental antidotes haven't had adverse side effects in a way proves Shiho's awesome brilliance, but that is besides the point)

Off topicness but just sayin:

Ai MIGHT end up with Conan /Shinichi..

Though it'd be a MIRACLE if that happened.

Well you see, After all these dc episodes... I bet that he'll end up with ran..

But nothing with gosho is impossible..

And I'm as you see.. An AiCon and a total hater to ShinRan...

And Ai is better to end up with ^^"

*Bows and disappears*

Wow awesome arguments we have here!All of you here are so into it. :P

That was the second time I have defended my position as a ShinShi... I think I'm just about done though... I can't say anymore on the subject matter....

First off, I tried to vote, but got this:

[#10355] You must cast your vote in each question of the poll.

And I did answer each question (3 of them, right?)

Anyway, I tend to go with Ran given how long their possible relationship has been teased. And I tend to look at Shinichi's planned date as a sign of how strong he felt about Ran. I mean he chose the restaraunt and table because his father proposed to his mother in that very location.

Haibara/Conan while it's not the resolution I hope to see, it doesn't really seem objectionable to me.

And since Ayumi's been brought up. Well, I tend to support the Ai/Mitsuhiko pairing on the grounds that she doesn't show him any romantic feelings until both are 17, and of course that she decides to grow up again rather than having a cure. Conan on the other hand intends to try to find a way to become Shinichi, and partially because of wanting to be with Ran (Heck, I often wonder if his determination to return to being Shinichi would be lessened if Ran was out of the picture). Furthermore, Conan is ignorant to Haibara having feelings for him, so we can't be too sure how he would react to an admission of those feelings (Again, I'm looking forward to Shinichi/Ran, but I give the benefit of the doubt when possible), but with Ayumi we know full well that he doesn't return her crush.

Shinichi would make sense to me whether is was ShinRan, ConAi, or ConAyu to be honest.

ShinRan --> It's obvious?

They are both dedicated, make a wonderful team, and it's not ALL mushy love. Shinichi only has his eye on Ran, he's got plently of girls to choose from but he chose Ran. Since Volume 1 it was obvious he already liked her and after years of DC he still does. Ran on the other hand is also just as dedicated. Though Conan resembles Shinichi and she's had her doubts, to her Conan and Shinichi ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE. But she continues to wait and believe in him. Most girls would just question everything to the point they'd throw their hands up and give up on hope. Ran firmly believe in Shinichi. Trust. They share that. Secondly, they make a great team. Shinichi is a highly intelligent and athletic while Ran is the sweet and loving kind. How does this work out? Well, think about it as Ran filling up the holes. Shinichi maybe be the oh-so-great-detective. But his cooking skills are as good as Heiji's. Not a good thing. Ran is cable of that subject however, she takes care of Conan and her father. Cooking &cleaning with an optimistic attitude. Besides, Shinichi LOVES her lemon pie best *wink wink*. So they make a great team because they have each other's backs and they can cover for each other's "weaknesses" if you want to call it that. Now this "MUSHY LOVE" doesn't have to really do with anything, but it's a quick point I'd like to make. People often get the wrong idea that they're a 'fairytale' &'run into your arms' couple. WROOONG. They act like best friends when together but on the inside they have a sense of BOTH admiration and attraction. What I mean is that they Ran and Shinichi don't JUST get all mushy and cheesy. That's behind the scenes with their TRUE feelings. Their interaction is more playful, Volume 1 once again. Ran does like Shinichi but she doesn't cling to him, she plays around with him, 'a chase' as they call it. Anyway enough of them, moving on...

ConAi--> It DOES make sense

Conan and Ai does make sense to me. Conan may realize that Ai is the one for him. It's all possible. Now I personally DO think Ai has SOME feelings for him at the very least. He's shown her kindness and comfort, something she lacked in her life. Ai has made Conan a better person despite the fact that she never intended to. They've got SOME chemistry going on, I can admit that much. But what I DON'T like about this pairing idea is that Ai might actually not like Conan at the same time. Conan was first to show her kindness, great. But I think that Ai is more like taken by admiration. He's more like the hero that saved her from the dark pits of BO. He's supported her. She also feels better around him because he's going through the same thing on terms of "shrunken adults". Also, another thing, I don't think Ai was actually go for Conan despite her feelings. She's aware of both Ran and Shinichi's feelings towards one another, as well as Ayumi's feelings towards Conan. I don't think Ai would even try to take Conan and end up hurting both Ran and Ayumi, they're practically the closest females to her. Ran reminds her of her sister Akemi, and Ayumi is very sweet and they get along well. Would Ai really hurt them both to get Conan? I think not, Ai is better than that, she'd put her feelings aside for others in my opinion. She wants the best for others, that why she used to want to hide. To protect those around her. Bus incident? Nearly SUICIDED for the sake of everyone else?! Yeah. Besides *I* personally think she'd be better off with Mitsuhiko *cough* Moving on...

ConAyu--> Also DOES make some sense, to en extent.

Anyone ever notice how Ayumi is sorta like a mini Ran Mouri? Well if Gosho WAS ever evil enough to prevent Conan from turning back into Shinichi then this is also an option. Conan might just slip into that state where he feels so hopeless he goes for his next best choice. Ayumi resembles a mini Ran :P. An this is also if Ai doesn't deicde that she wants to tell Conan she loves him. And if this wasn't considered pedophilia in ways. Not my strongest pairing. So if these circumstance were ever fullfilled ConAyu does have its slim chances? It makes sense. TO AN EXTENT. Yeah. Still if Conan could never turn back I picture him still with Ran after he re-grew up. Ran excepts him and they still could get a sorta happily ever after. It reminds me of Kagome &Inuyasha in that case (You know, Conan just 'happens' to be exactly like Shinichi? And Ran could fall for Conan anyway?). Simple because by then even if Conan fesses up that he'd actually Shinichi, Ran probably won't believe him any longer, (OVA 9 reference :P). Ok enough of the ranting. My answer ..

So if you haven't guessed it yet, I'd still support ShinRan to the bitter end. And I do think Ran is more suitable for him anyway (Filling in the 'holes'). ConAi is understandable, I just don't really like it and I can find some flaws in the idea (And because maybe I'm the only one who thinks it's messed up for Shinichi to fall in love with the girl who stopped him from being able to love his first, ORIGINAL love, Ran? Just saying.) . I know that Ayumi isn't a choice in the title or poll but I just though I'd throw that in there. Yeah SHINRAN \o/

Congrats the person who actually reads through all of that... :rolleyes:

Enough rambling for today, I'll be back for more on another rainy day ~:P

• Upvote 1

*wishes there will be no more rainy days* I"ll try to read it some time.

That's not happening in Michigan. The state with the most bipolar weather. <_<

Thanks for the effort :rolleyes:

Shinichi would make sense to me whether is was ShinRan, ConAi, or ConAyu to be honest.

ShinRan --> It's obvious?

They are both dedicated, make a wonderful team, and it's not ALL mushy love. Shinichi only has his eye on Ran, he's got plently of girls to choose from but he chose Ran. Since Volume 1 it was obvious he already liked her and after years of DC he still does. Ran on the other hand is also just as dedicated. Though Conan resembles Shinichi and she's had her doubts, to her Conan and Shinichi ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE. But she continues to wait and believe in him. Most girls would just question everything to the point they'd throw their hands up and give up on hope. Ran firmly believe in Shinichi. Trust. They share that. Secondly, they make a great team. Shinichi is a highly intelligent and athletic while Ran is the sweet and loving kind. How does this work out? Well, think about it as Ran filling up the holes. Shinichi maybe be the oh-so-great-detective. But his cooking skills are as good as Heiji's. Not a good thing. Ran is cable of that subject however, she takes care of Conan and her father. Cooking &cleaning with an optimistic attitude. Besides, Shinichi LOVES her lemon pie best *wink wink*. So they make a great team because they have each other's backs and they can cover for each other's "weaknesses" if you want to call it that. Now this "MUSHY LOVE" doesn't have to really do with anything, but it's a quick point I'd like to make. People often get the wrong idea that they're a 'fairytale' &'run into your arms' couple. WROOONG. They act like best friends when together but on the inside they have a sense of BOTH admiration and attraction. What I mean is that they Ran and Shinichi don't JUST get all mushy and cheesy. That's behind the scenes with their TRUE feelings. Their interaction is more playful, Volume 1 once again. Ran does like Shinichi but she doesn't cling to him, she plays around with him, 'a chase' as they call it. Anyway enough of them, moving on...

ConAi--> It DOES make sense

Conan and Ai does make sense to me. Conan may realize that Ai is the one for him. It's all possible. Now I personally DO think Ai has SOME feelings for him at the very least. He's shown her kindness and comfort, something she lacked in her life. Ai has made Conan a better person despite the fact that she never intended to. They've got SOME chemistry going on, I can admit that much. But what I DON'T like about this pairing idea is that Ai might actually not like Conan at the same time. Conan was first to show her kindness, great. But I think that Ai is more like taken by admiration. He's more like the hero that saved her from the dark pits of BO. He's supported her. She also feels better around him because he's going through the same thing on terms of "shrunken adults". Also, another thing, I don't think Ai was actually go for Conan despite her feelings. She's aware of both Ran and Shinichi's feelings towards one another, as well as Ayumi's feelings towards Conan. I don't think Ai would even try to take Conan and end up hurting both Ran and Ayumi, they're practically the closest females to her. Ran reminds her of her sister Akemi, and Ayumi is very sweet and they get along well. Would Ai really hurt them both to get Conan? I think not, Ai is better than that, she'd put her feelings aside for others in my opinion. She wants the best for others, that why she used to want to hide. To protect those around her. Bus incident? Nearly SUICIDED for the sake of everyone else?! Yeah. Besides *I* personally think she'd be better off with Mitsuhiko *cough* Moving on...

ConAyu--> Also DOES make some sense, to en extent.

Anyone ever notice how Ayumi is sorta like a mini Ran Mouri? Well if Gosho WAS ever evil enough to prevent Conan from turning back into Shinichi then this is also an option. Conan might just slip into that state where he feels so hopeless he goes for his next best choice. Ayumi resembles a mini Ran :P. An this is also if Ai doesn't deicde that she wants to tell Conan she loves him. And if this wasn't considered pedophilia in ways. Not my strongest pairing. So if these circumstance were ever fullfilled ConAyu does have its slim chances? It makes sense. TO AN EXTENT. Yeah. Still if Conan could never turn back I picture him still with Ran after he re-grew up. Ran excepts him and they still could get a sorta happily ever after. It reminds me of Kagome &Inuyasha in that case (You know, Conan just 'happens' to be exactly like Shinichi? And Ran could fall for Conan anyway?). Simple because by then even if Conan fesses up that he'd actually Shinichi, Ran probably won't believe him any longer, (OVA 9 reference :P). Ok enough of the ranting. My answer ..

So if you haven't guessed it yet, I'd still support ShinRan to the bitter end. And I do think Ran is more suitable for him anyway (Filling in the 'holes'). ConAi is understandable, I just don't really like it and I can find some flaws in the idea (And because maybe I'm the only one who thinks it's messed up for Shinichi to fall in love with the girl who stopped him from being able to love his first, ORIGINAL love, Ran? Just saying.) . I know that Ayumi isn't a choice in the title or poll but I just though I'd throw that in there. Yeah SHINRAN \o/

Congrats the person who actually reads through all of that... :rolleyes:

Enough rambling for today, I'll be back for more on another rainy day ~:P

You're right!I'm a Fan ConAi.I don't believe soon end of DC

You're right!I'm a Fan ConAi.I don't believe soon end of DC

I don't believe the end of DC is near either, but I'm okay with that because I just love DC so much I'm not sure if I want it to end quite yet. Though IF it does it's understandable, I mean come on, over 15 years? :rolleyes:

It takes a LOT of time to read the arguments of those two.

But I totally agree to what True-Tears said. AiCon Forever! <33

What do you mean "those two"?