Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who's better off with Shinichi? Haibara Ai or Ran??

I like MitsuAi for Ai. I think Mitsuhiko would actually understand if she told him, out of his brilliant imagination if not anything else. He's smart, he's cute, funny, and he's kind of like Conan. Shinichi, I believe, if he were to like Ai, he would have to force himself out of love with Ran, which I think is damn near impossible. Ran and Shinichi are just so darn stubborn! How long did it take for Ran to admit her feelings, how long did it take Shinichi, and how long is it taking for him to reveal the truth even though it's so darn obvious he wants to?! (proof of Ran's stubbornness: Oh look! What a happy coincidence! It's mom! Kogoro: You set this up again, didn't you? Eri: Ran, you've been doing this for the past five years, give it a rest already... Conan: *sigh*) Shinichi... Well... That boy simply never gives up. Even if it's untold in the manga, Shinichi and Ran do have a rich history together, and they've surely survived the ups and downs well enough to know that they want the other. And even now, after a year, you'd think one of them would just give up on the other, but neither have! Both are just as attached as the day Shinichi was shrunk, and if anything, separation has made them fonder. ('Separation makes the heart fonder' I believe it's a saying.) As for Conan and Ai... No matter how good a person Conan is, you can't expect him to easily forgive Ai for her mistakes, even if she had no choice. She basically ruined his life with that poison- he'll never get that lost time back. The time where he could have enjoyed high school with all of his friends, where he could have been a normal teenager, and maybe he could have been happy with Ran. Who could forgive a sin that great? I for one believe Ai needs a fresh start, one where she can let everything go and just become Haibara Ai. Miyano Shiho doesn't exist anymore- to the Organization, she's Sherry, to Conan and her friends, she's Haibara Ai. Just about the only person who knew her as Miyano Shiho, her sister, Akemi, well, she's dead. And Shiho died with her if you know what I mean. That's the main reason I don't believe in ShinShi (other than the fact I think they look quite strange together.). As for ConAi... Well... I'm just too big a ShinRan (and I'm quite a stubborn person, believe me when I say that) to support it even slightly. It can only end with one, and well, I'm just going for ShinRan.

I agree with you mostly. However, despite that Shiho creating that drug made him go through a rather, 'DIFFICULT' phase in his life.

She did make him a better person (Although unintentionally)

I'm sure we are all clear that Shinichi has a big ego, remember chapter 1 ?

When he became Conan he mentally grew up and experienced his share of hardships,

He also grew closer to Ran,

Which leads me to one of the reason why I really support ShinRan.

They like each other to the point where they are able to push pass the flaws.

Not a lot of couples can ever get to that point.

Ran has liked Shinichi since chapter 1 and she was well aware of his ego, &we all know that Shinichi had a cute dorky crush on Ran.

And with the push of him being 'Conan' they are both able to realize the dept of their true feelings ^_^

I like MitsuAi for Ai. I think Mitsuhiko would actually understand if she told him, out of his brilliant imagination if not anything else. He's smart, he's cute, funny, and he's kind of like Conan. Shinichi, I believe, if he were to like Ai, he would have to force himself out of love with Ran, which I think is damn near impossible. Ran and Shinichi are just so darn stubborn! How long did it take for Ran to admit her feelings, how long did it take Shinichi, and how long is it taking for him to reveal the truth even though it's so darn obvious he wants to?! (proof of Ran's stubbornness: Oh look! What a happy coincidence! It's mom! Kogoro: You set this up again, didn't you? Eri: Ran, you've been doing this for the past five years, give it a rest already... Conan: *sigh*) Shinichi... Well... That boy simply never gives up. Even if it's untold in the manga, Shinichi and Ran do have a rich history together, and they've surely survived the ups and downs well enough to know that they want the other. And even now, after a year, you'd think one of them would just give up on the other, but neither have! Both are just as attached as the day Shinichi was shrunk, and if anything, separation has made them fonder. ('Separation makes the heart fonder' I believe it's a saying.) As for Conan and Ai... No matter how good a person Conan is, you can't expect him to easily forgive Ai for her mistakes, even if she had no choice. She basically ruined his life with that poison- he'll never get that lost time back. The time where he could have enjoyed high school with all of his friends, where he could have been a normal teenager, and maybe he could have been happy with Ran. Who could forgive a sin that great? I for one believe Ai needs a fresh start, one where she can let everything go and just become Haibara Ai. Miyano Shiho doesn't exist anymore- to the Organization, she's Sherry, to Conan and her friends, she's Haibara Ai. Just about the only person who knew her as Miyano Shiho, her sister, Akemi, well, she's dead. And Shiho died with her if you know what I mean. That's the main reason I don't believe in ShinShi (other than the fact I think they look quite strange together.). As for ConAi... Well... I'm just too big a ShinRan (and I'm quite a stubborn person, believe me when I say that) to support it even slightly. It can only end with one, and well, I'm just going for ShinRan.

We are lucky to have a fan of ShinRan like you o.o *claps

I agree with you mostly. However, despite that Shiho creating that drug made him go through a rather, 'DIFFICULT' phase in his life.

She did make him a better person (Although unintentionally)

I'm sure we are all clear that Shinichi has a big ego, remember chapter 1 ?

When he became Conan he mentally grew up and experienced his share of hardships,

He also grew closer to Ran,

Which leads me to one of the reason why I really support ShinRan.

They like each other to the point where they are able to push pass the flaws.

Not a lot of couples can ever get to that point.

Ran has liked Shinichi since chapter 1 and she was well aware of his ego, &we all know that Shinichi had a cute dorky crush on Ran.

And with the push of him being 'Conan' they are both able to realize the dept of their true feelings ^_^

That's quite true as well! Because we all know Shinichi and Ran needed that little push (otherwise we would be stuck with them blushing furiously and fiercely denying liking each other whenever they walked into their classroom... You know, the married couple jeering.) But if it weren't for Conan's shrinking, they wouldn't realizehow hard it is to live without the other. I often try and figure out who has it harder, Ran or Shinichi, and I figure they're about even. Every lie Shinichi tells Ran only drives another dagger into their hearts, for Ran, the dagger is tipped with the poison of sorrow and longing, for Shinichi, the venom of guilt and loneliness. Ran's just about the only person still waiting for Shinichi, waiting with all her heart. Sure classmates may wonder where the heck he went, but only Ran will fiercely try to find out not out of curiosity, but out of necessity. And he'd be stupid not to appreciate that. Stupid not to appreciate that when be does turn back, Ran has still saved his place for him, always has, and that he can slide just that easily back to where he belongs. I mean, come on, who else really misses Shinichi that badly? And ConAi/ShinShi fans, while I respect your standing, the only ConAi/ShinShi stories I've actually enjoyed are ones where Ran doesn't exist- and for some reason those also feel out of character. (for example, Shinichi is not a player) It just doesn't feel right, you know. Like if you take a magnifying glass you'll find some odd cracks and scratches where there ought to be none. For ConAi to work, Shinichi must fall out of love with Ran to truly love Ai, and that's simply not happening.

• Upvote 2

That's quite true as well! Because we all know Shinichi and Ran needed that little push (otherwise we would be stuck with them blushing furiously and fiercely denying liking each other whenever they walked into their classroom... You know, the married couple jeering.) But if it weren't for Conan's shrinking, they wouldn't realizehow hard it is to live without the other. I often try and figure out who has it harder, Ran or Shinichi, and I figure they're about even. Every lie Shinichi tells Ran only drives another dagger into their hearts, for Ran, the dagger is tipped with the poison of sorrow and longing, for Shinichi, the venom of guilt and loneliness. Ran's just about the only person still waiting for Shinichi, waiting with all her heart. Sure classmates may wonder where the heck he went, but only Ran will fiercely try to find out not out of curiosity, but out of necessity. And he'd be stupid not to appreciate that. Stupid not to appreciate that when be does turn back, Ran has still saved his place for him, always has, and that he can slide just that easily back to where he belongs. I mean, come on, who else really misses Shinichi that badly? And ConAi/ShinShi fans, while I respect your standing, the only ConAi/ShinShi stories I've actually enjoyed are ones where Ran doesn't exist- and for some reason those also feel out of character. (for example, Shinichi is not a player) It just doesn't feel right, you know. Like if you take a magnifying glass you'll find some odd cracks and scratches where there ought to be none. For ConAi to work, Shinichi must fall out of love with Ran to truly love Ai, and that's simply not happening.

Are you sure you aren't overdramatizing it just a little bit? And that is something of a feat because Gosho already puts a lot more romantic melodrama in DC than is required, :P.

Honestly, I've probably seen that scene where he first utters "Edogawa Conan" several dozen times, if only because of the movies, but in no way can I imagine any theoretical dagger going into Conan's heart at that point. He seems more amused by it than anything. And after that, probably all the way to Desperate Revival, he rarely seems to be affected by his own lies. Whenever Ran is close to finding out, he's more worried about her reaction to having taken a bath with him than anything else. Off the top of my head, the only times I can think of when Conan actually looks sad about his situation with Ran are when he turned back first (the first Heiji case, I think it was) and the end of the Desperate Revival arc, when Ran comes close to crying. Most of the rest of the time, he just seems irritated, but nothing close to having "the dagger with the venom of guilt and loneliness" stabbed into him.

Now, for Ran, you may have more of a point, since every time anything goes wrong, she just thinks "Oh, Shinichi, wherefore art thou not here?" Even then, though, your dagger analogy is too much. It's not as if not having Shinichi around prohibits her from living her life normally. Sure, she misses him. A lot. And she cries about it, too, but when, most of the time, she's acting just fine, the whole "venom of sorrow and longing" analogy goes too far. If you're going to suggest that she does feel bad about it, but doesn't show it, then you're using the same logic as some of the improbable pairings, whose fans just get some vague hints from here and there and pretend that two characters are in love with each other.

Now, I don't think anyone can seriously deny that Shinichi and Ran want to have a romantic relationship (and DC will pretty much certainly end with them together), but you're making it sound like the sky will fall upon us before they can change their minds, which isn't really true. Sure, they definitely like each other, but it's not some sort of eternal, "they can't live without each other" thing.

I can't actually argue with the rest of your post, mainly because I don't care about AiCon either. I'd actually prefer if Shinichi went all romanceless Holmes-like, with Haibara being his wittier and more useful, but much harder to impress Dr. Watson. (I guess that counts as AiCon, xD)

But I suppose it's more likely that he'll fall for Ayumi than that he'll stay single...

You're right in everything :)

I mean Shinichi and Ran are in love with each other and at the moment it isn't going to change, and...What kind of person would Shinichi be if he leaves Ran who has been waiting a LOT for Shinichi? I mean i can't see Shinichi doing something like leaving Ran and going with Ai, and i can't see Haibara hurting Ran.

So it is very difficult for CoAi, but i respect it, of course!:)

Are you sure you aren't overdramatizing it just a little bit? And that is something of a feat because Gosho already puts a lot more romantic melodrama in DC than is required, :P.

Honestly, I've probably seen that scene where he first utters "Edogawa Conan" several dozen times, if only because of the movies, but in no way can I imagine any theoretical dagger going into Conan's heart at that point. He seems more amused by it than anything. And after that, probably all the way to Desperate Revival, he rarely seems to be affected by his own lies. Whenever Ran is close to finding out, he's more worried about her reaction to having taken a bath with him than anything else. Off the top of my head, the only times I can think of when Conan actually looks sad about his situation with Ran are when he turned back first (the first Heiji case, I think it was) and the end of the Desperate Revival arc, when Ran comes close to crying. Most of the rest of the time, he just seems irritated, but nothing close to having "the dagger with the venom of guilt and loneliness" stabbed into him.

Now, for Ran, you may have more of a point, since every time anything goes wrong, she just thinks "Oh, Shinichi, wherefore art thou not here?" Even then, though, your dagger analogy is too much. It's not as if not having Shinichi around prohibits her from living her life normally. Sure, she misses him. A lot. And she cries about it, too, but when, most of the time, she's acting just fine, the whole "venom of sorrow and longing" analogy goes too far. If you're going to suggest that she does feel bad about it, but doesn't show it, then you're using the same logic as some of the improbable pairings, whose fans just get some vague hints from here and there and pretend that two characters are in love with each other.

Now, I don't think anyone can seriously deny that Shinichi and Ran want to have a romantic relationship (and DC will pretty much certainly end with them together), but you're making it sound like the sky will fall upon us before they can change their minds, which isn't really true. Sure, they definitely like each other, but it's not some sort of eternal, "they can't live without each other" thing.

I can't actually argue with the rest of your post, mainly because I don't care about AiCon either. I'd actually prefer if Shinichi went all romanceless Holmes-like, with Haibara being his wittier and more useful, but much harder to impress Dr. Watson. (I guess that counts as AiCon, xD)

But I suppose it's more likely that he'll fall for Ayumi than that he'll stay single...

If you know me, you'll know I love being overly dramatic with what I write. It shows exactly how many angsty, heartbreaking ShinRan stories I've read. (namely the 'Coming Home' trilogy by Becky Tailweaver. :P) If DC were more dark (which I certainly see the potential for) I think it'd turn out like how I said. And also, it sounds prettier that way, dontcha think? Helps me come up with better descriptions for when I'm writing. :) I like the eternal love thing though... It makes everything sound more epic. Like, if you make a motivational poster, the words eternal love lined with glitter and lines of rose vines and ivy crawling up the sides looks nicer than say, 'The Most-Likely to happen DC pairing'.

Hmm..let's see...

My opinion is..

Ranshin is cute but it would be boring if they ended up together in the end, that's why

ShinShi is what i support. Alot more exciting...

ConAi if they couldn't get back to their normal bodies

AkaShi is... nice i guess... Akai is cool, but I don't know how their relationship would be like.....and does haibara even know Akai? :blink: maybe just not the name. I dunno.

MitsuAi is too innocent xD I don't think haibara would have a nice time pretending to be 10 years old the whole time she's with him. unless he'd find out about her, which I don't think haibara would let happen.

Gin x shiho is very mysterious and creepy i think.... Who'd wanna be in a relationship with a guy like him? xD

And lastly Shinichi x kaito x heiji, etc ..... I don't think that has a big chance of happening lol xD

Hmmm.. is there any more? :o

I guess I answered the question. Haibara/Shiho would be better for Shinichi. :)

That is why we have fanfiction, duh!

That is why we have fanfiction, duh!

Exactly! And that's where we can utilize the darker sides of DC and make our impossible wishes come true! *cackles madly* ... ... I've been reading too much DraMione fiction and I think I'm high. I'm going to plod to a corner and take some deep breaths real quick.

If you know me, you'll know I love being overly dramatic with what I write. It shows exactly how many angsty, heartbreaking ShinRan stories I've read. (namely the 'Coming Home' trilogy by Becky Tailweaver. :P) If DC were more dark (which I certainly see the potential for) I think it'd turn out like how I said. And also, it sounds prettier that way, dontcha think? Helps me come up with better descriptions for when I'm writing. :) I like the eternal love thing though... It makes everything sound more epic. Like, if you make a motivational poster, the words eternal love lined with glitter and lines of rose vines and ivy crawling up the sides looks nicer than say, 'The Most-Likely to happen DC pairing'.

Oh, I see, xD. With analogies like that, you could probably make it as a proper romance writer! To me, it sounds cheesy (I feel very cynical now), but most ShinRans are probably loving your dramatic account of their relationship, :D.

haha!! cheers for those who writes so much for her/his explanation!!!

XD To tell you the truth, sometimes I feel if I write it any shorter, I won't get the point across. :3 It just... flows out. Weird actually, since I'm not really that into ShinRan right now. I can't remember the last time I read/wrote a fic about them... ... *shrugs* Whatever.

XD To tell you the truth, sometimes I feel if I write it any shorter, I won't get the point across. :3 It just... flows out. Weird actually, since I'm not really that into ShinRan right now. I can't remember the last time I read/wrote a fic about them... ... *shrugs* Whatever.

Hehe, you really like that HeiShin now xDDD

Hehe, you really like that HeiShin now xDDD

No, I'm out of that. I'm talking about DraMione, like, the awesomest pairing ever? XD I love DraMione, I draw it, watch all the AMVs (listen to them about... 12 waking hours a day), read fanfics, go on fanfic reading marathons, read the books only to read parts that hint at DraMione (Yule Ball anyone?), read essays on it, and basically love it with all my might. Off-topic, but I'm ShinRan as far as DC goes. And HeiShin... I like it, but really, it's only because I hate HeiKazu so much. As soon as Sera appears more, I'll ship HeiSera for the heck of it.

I think both sides (ShinRan and ShinShi) have equally good arguments on compatibility but IMHO, I think a person should be with who he loves best regardless of who would be a better match for him. So, my vote goes to Ran here because Shinichi loves her* and she loves him in return.

• Upvote 1

I think both sides (ShinRan and ShinShi) have equally good arguments on compatibility but IMHO, I think a person should be with who he loves best regardless of who would be a better match for him. So, my vote goes to Ran here because Shinichi loves her* and she loves him in return.

Yay! A ShinRan! :D

True that!

I think that all the pairings have a chance of occurring, if the circumstances were tweaked a little. Here's a sample list of what I mean:

ShinichiXRan: Conan takes the antidote and BO is defeated. (the manga)

ConanXAi: Conan either can't go back to himself or realizes he likes Ai after she almost dies again.

ShinichiXShiho: Different from CoAi. Ran either moves on, or Conan and Ai start dating, but don't want to wait ten years before it's approved by society.

ConanXAyumi: Conan gets stuck as a kid, and falls in love with Ayumi b/c she reminds him of little Ran.

There are many more ways for the pairings to work out. I just listed a few here, and I've explored some more in my fanfictions. But with the way the manga is shaping up, I think it'll end up being ShinichiXRan in the end.

I won't state my preferred pairing because someone will try to convince me I'm wrong, and I don't want to hear it.

The only pairings I do NOT endorse in any way, shape, or form are yaoi and yuri pairings. KaiShin will NEVER happen if all the characters don't become OOC, so I don't even give it a thought. Same with MegureXAgasa, AyumiXAi, and GinXAkai, to name a few.

I think that all the pairings have a chance of occurring, if the circumstances were tweaked a little. Here's a sample list of what I mean:

ShinichiXRan: Conan takes the antidote and BO is defeated. (the manga)

ConanXAi: Conan either can't go back to himself or realizes he likes Ai after she almost dies again.

ShinichiXShiho: Different from CoAi. Ran either moves on, or Conan and Ai start dating, but don't want to wait ten years before it's approved by society.

ConanXAyumi: Conan gets stuck as a kid, and falls in love with Ayumi b/c she reminds him of little Ran.

There are many more ways for the pairings to work out. I just listed a few here, and I've explored some more in my fanfictions. But with the way the manga is shaping up, I think it'll end up being ShinichiXRan in the end.

I won't state my preferred pairing because someone will try to convince me I'm wrong, and I don't want to hear it.

The only pairings I do NOT endorse in any way, shape, or form are yaoi and yuri pairings. KaiShin will NEVER happen if all the characters don't become OOC, so I don't even give it a thought. Same with MegureXAgasa, AyumiXAi, and GinXAkai, to name a few.

You're right!If I'm a gamble person I will Bet on the ShinRan will win.My favories couple on DC is Conai.I will go all way until Ai die or Shin die.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! i can't keep up!!! long posts!!! shinran!!!!

But Aoko belongs to Jii kanosuke. :P

.... out of nowhere???

Obviously the crown was merely hiding her horn!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! stop it!!! stop talking about ran's hair style!!! it is so annoying!!! too off topic!!!

Moderator says: "Holy triple post Batman, edit your previous post or use multiQuote!"

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! i can't keep up!!! long posts!!! shinran!!!!

.... out of nowhere???

waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! stop it!!! stop talking about ran's hair style!!! it is so annoying!!! too off topic!!!

Moderator says: "Holy triple post Batman, edit your previous post or use multiQuote!"

o_o That was 3 pages back, and actually was initially part of a point of debate here (if I recall correctly), so it wasn't totally off topic.

If you are talking about looks, which is also an aspect of deciding to like someone or not, than it is quite relevant. I still think Ran's hair horn looks silly, and though it has been contended that Ai's hair style doesn't fit her age, it not only works for her, but also looks far more normal.

Yes that is a superficial part of relationships, but still a part of it none the less.

And I still contend that Ai/Shiho's personality matches up with Shinichi's better. I really think he needs someone who can knock him down a few notches in terms of intelligence. Ran will knock him down a few notches, just not mentally... (though I think Shinichi has gotten quite good at dodging)

o_o That was 3 pages back, and actually was initially part of a point of debate here (if I recall correctly), so it wasn't totally off topic.

If you are talking about looks, which is also an aspect of deciding to like someone or not, than it is quite relevant. I still think Ran's hair horn looks silly, and though it has been contended that Ai's hair style doesn't fit her age, it not only works for her, but also looks far more normal.

Yes that is a superficial part of relationships, but still a part of it none the less.

And I still contend that Ai/Shiho's personality matches up with Shinichi's better. I really think he needs someone who can knock him down a few notches in terms of intelligence. Ran will knock him down a few notches, just not mentally... (though I think Shinichi has gotten quite good at dodging)

I actually disagree. Ran is more suitable for Shinichi, in my opinion, because "opposites attract". By that, I mean a relationship between Shinichi and Ran would balance out A LOT better than with the near equals of Shinichi and Shiho. Two brainiacs together would enforce constant clashing with one another (especially between intellects like these two). It's like pairing two very outspoken people together; they wouldn't be compatible (that also goes for pairing two very shy and reserved people, which would be the most quiet and unromantic relationship ever). That is why BALANCE is key. Shinichi and Shiho would almost seem as if they were "competing" with one another rather than "intertwining". Ran, on the other hand, can fulfill all of Shinichi's needs that he himself is not capable of doing (e.g. cooking, cleaning, encouraging, expressing undivided love). I can't imagine Shiho meeting these qualifications that Shinichi needs in his life as much as Ran can.

It's like my parents: My dad is quite conservative (but humorous at some points), very handy when it comes to repairing and fixing, unbelievably intelligent, and is overall a hardworking man. Contrarily, my mother is generous, considerate, quite ditsy when it comes to cleverness, an extraordinary cook, determined when it comes to maintaining the house, and a person that lights up a room with her love. They are almost complete opposites, yet they would undeniably love each other to the ends of the Earth (next year is their 25th anniversary).

I'm not a love guru or anything, but considering how well near opposite personalities can adapt with one another proves to me that Ran is PERFECT SOULMATE for Shinichi.