Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who's better off with Shinichi? Haibara Ai or Ran??

ShinRan! ShinRan! ShinRan! ShinRan!!! There's true love for you, holding out strong in face of adversary! Surviving the most painful moments, thriving where hope seems to sift through your fingers, blazing hot at contact! Warm and inviting, a fun boisterous pair with surprises and laughter, with years of shared love to back it off. In contrast... Ai's too cold for Shinichi. He didn't even blush when he saw her naked. He had a nosebleed at the mere thought of Ran being naked. XD Puppy love leads to true love... And Shinichi lives for the truth after all. :3 (I don't even know what this rant was. I think the majority of the sentences are fragments. ... ... ... Oh well.)

One last word... SHINRAN FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3

Yep. She's got more in common with him than either Haibara OR Ran! :lol:

Hahahahaha! xD But, with the way things are going, I think she'll end up with Genta. I feel sorry for her :/

Hahahahaha! xD But, with the way things are going, I think she'll end up with Genta. I feel sorry for her :/

Genta? D:

oh well. I prefer that over her ending with Mitsuhiko to be honest.

And yeah- she's in love with a jerk. XD

Genta? D:

oh well. I prefer that over her ending with Mitsuhiko to be honest.

Well, Mitsuhiko is surely a better choice! But then, what about Ai! With the way things are going, I have to say that AyumiXGenta seems most likely!

Well, Mitsuhiko is surely a better choice! But then, what about Ai! With the way things are going, I have to say that AyumiXGenta seems most likely!

The way I see it if Mitsuhiko and Ayumi end up together it would only be because they're "on the rebound" and they didn't get Conan and Ai. It wouldn't feel right. XD

I think AyumixConan has a chance of happening if we give it some time, I mean she's got more in common with Ran than Haibara does and more in common with Conan himself than EITHER of them! XD

I'm sorry, Haibara and Ran just... don't seem to fit with him to me. What in the WORLD do they have in common? XD

The way I see it if Mitsuhiko and Ayumi end up together it would only be because they're "on the rebound" and they didn't get Conan and Ai. It wouldn't feel right. XD

I think AyumixConan has a chance of happening if we give it some time, I mean she's got more in common with Ran than Haibara does and more in common with Conan himself than EITHER of them! XD

I'm sorry, Haibara and Ran just... don't seem to fit with him to me. What in the WORLD do they have in common? XD

Well, that's your opinion. A pairing doesn't need to have anything in common. two totally opposite people can also fall in love. Ran and Shinichi have grown up together. They both know almost everything about each other! As for Haibara, she feels that she can communicate with Shinichi because of the situation they are in (APTX 4869) She has had a life with turmoil so far, and Agasa and Shinichi are trying to help her. All I'd like to say is that, I support Shinichi and Ran together because they understand each other more than anyone else and not because of their individual characters.

Well, that's your opinion. A pairing doesn't need to have anything in common. two totally opposite people can also fall in love. Ran and Shinichi have grown up together. They both know almost everything about each other! As for Haibara, she feels that she can communicate with Shinichi because of the situation they are in (APTX 4869) She has had a life with turmoil so far, and Agasa and Shinichi are trying to help her. All I'd like to say is that, I support Shinichi and Ran together because they understand each other more than anyone else and not because of their individual characters.

Opposites attract isn't exactly referring to that. XD

Knowing everything about somebody doesn't mean anything. That makes a good friend. You need the connection on a deeper scale to fall in love. For all intents and purposes, they have nothing in common at all and shouldn't be interested in each other at all. It's one of those things where they grow up together and in highschool they start going out and then years later at reunion they're married to different people. XD So... Haibara would like him because they both took a drug? lol She feels can can communicate with Ayumi as well- that would mean AyumixHaibara. :P The DB are helping her more than Conan is. Agasa is providing a home and shelter and sees her every single day so that would also give HIM an advantage over Conan. XD

Relationships are based on compatibility- compatibility calls for similarities.

No matter what, Shinichi would end up with Ran. It's like destiny or something. And Gosho had made DC in such a way that Shinichi WOULD end up with Ran. It's saddening but it's his manga not ours. Although I prefer ConAi pairing, I got to suck up to the fact that Shinichi would be with Ran. So you guys might as well get over it as well.

Opposites attract isn't exactly referring to that. XD

Knowing everything about somebody doesn't mean anything. That makes a good friend. You need the connection on a deeper scale to fall in love. For all intents and purposes, they have nothing in common at all and shouldn't be interested in each other at all. It's one of those things where they grow up together and in highschool they start going out and then years later at reunion they're married to different people. XD So... Haibara would like him because they both took a drug? lol She feels can can communicate with Ayumi as well- that would mean AyumixHaibara. :P The DB are helping her more than Conan is. Agasa is providing a home and shelter and sees her every single day so that would also give HIM an advantage over Conan. XD

Relationships are based on compatibility- compatibility calls for similarities.

I didn't refer to 'the opposites attract' thing at all. Knowing someone means a lot! As you said, FRIENDSHIP. But, who said that friendship can't turn into love? Shinichi and Ran might not have anything in common, but they both share a beautiful childhood, they have understood each other more than anyone else. Just similarities don't make a relationship, understanding plays an extremely important role as well! And Shinichi and Ran have that in abundance. Plus, no matter what we talk, Gosho has made DC in such a way that in the end, it is going to be Shinichi and Ran! And I didn't say that Haibara likes Conan just because of the drug! She was never really taken care of! She was working when she had to enjoy! She was tortured by the BO, Shinichi is really attractive, I must admit. It's just that she feels attracted to him because of his attitude and determination. Not to forget courage. It doesn't have anything to do with them having anything similar, it's just about understanding and Haibara understands very well what Shinichi is going though because of APTX as she is facing a similar situation. I don't deny that Agasa is helping her more, but it is Shinichi who is facing the side effects of APTX and she can understand his situation. Plus, Conan has saved her life numerous times. All I'm saying is that, Similarities do play a role, but understanding is more important. And frankly, I don't mind ConanXAyumi, it's just that Ran and Shinichi are obviously going to be together in the end! And Conan just thinks of Ayumi as a friend and classmate and nothing more.

I didn't refer to 'the opposites attract' thing at all. Knowing someone means a lot! As you said, FRIENDSHIP. But, who said that friendship can't turn into love? Shinichi and Ran might not have anything in common, but they both share a beautiful childhood, they have understood each other more than anyone else. Just similarities don't make a relationship, understanding plays an extremely important role as well! And Shinichi and Ran have that in abundance. Plus, no matter what we talk, Gosho has made DC in such a way that in the end, it is going to be Shinichi and Ran! And I didn't say that Haibara likes Conan just because of the drug! She was never really taken care of! She was working when she had to enjoy! She was tortured by the BO, Shinichi is really attractive, I must admit. It's just that she feels attracted to him because of his attitude and determination. Not to forget courage. It doesn't have anything to do with them having anything similar, it's just about understanding and Haibara understands very well what Shinichi is going though because of APTX as she is facing a similar situation. I don't deny that Agasa is helping her more, but it is Shinichi who is facing the side effects of APTX and she can understand his situation. Plus, Conan has saved her life numerous times. All I'm saying is that, Similarities do play a role, but understanding is more important. And frankly, I don't mind ConanXAyumi, it's just that Ran and Shinichi are obviously going to be together in the end! And Conan just thinks of Ayumi as a friend and classmate and nothing more.

You said that you can be completely opposite from somebody and love them. :)

And while friendship is a step in a romance you do need things that are in common. I don't think Ran really understands Shinichi at all and vise verse. A lot of the confusion wouldn't exist. What makes a relationship are similarities, sexual appeal, and of course the feelings. If you don't have anything in common then that brings down compatibility. That it not a fact you can get around in love. They don't have a single thing in common except for maybe morals- but you need more than that.

Gosho could very easily surprise us with a different ending. Ran may die. Shinichi may die. He may stay as Conan. I'm personally betting on Shinichi and Conan separating but that's just me. :) He could even say "they started dating but departed to go different ways after high school".

Haibara respects him, yes. But I doubt she holds any romantic feelings for him. Relationships have everything to do with similarities. A couple of things may be different, but you need similarities for things to talk about, how to raise a child, how to pay the bills, RELIGION, what friends to make, what the house will look like, jobs- all of that. If you just understand somebody that doesn't mean you can raise a kid with them. You probably wouldn't be able to settle on a religion (if you want one), you may not agree on how much to spend each month, and what in the world do you expect for them to talk about with only understanding each other? Shinichi would always want to talk about Holmes and she'd want to talk about the house, her experiments, her job- the normal things a wife talks about (lol. XD). Shinichi needs a woman who won't chatter on about that all day, don't you think? XD

Just because you understand somebody doesn't mean you can be in a relationship with them. It'll get you to a "friend" point but no further. She only understands that area. Every other part of him remains a mystery to him. She can't understand more than half of the things she does! XD And so what if he saved her life numerous times? He's saved Ayumi's life, and Mitsuhiko's, and Genta's lives several times as well. It's what he does. My point is that similarities play a large role and with similarities, understanding comes along as well in time.

And in't believe that little line at the end there until Conan says it straight to her face. Until Gosho writes it and THEN I will agree that he thinks of her as a classmate and nothing more- because to me there are a lot of signs saying that that may not be what Conan thinks. :)

You said that you can be completely opposite from somebody and love them. :)

And while friendship is a step in a romance you do need things that are in common. I don't think Ran really understands Shinichi at all and vise verse. A lot of the confusion wouldn't exist. What makes a relationship are similarities, sexual appeal, and of course the feelings. If you don't have anything in common then that brings down compatibility. That it not a fact you can get around in love. They don't have a single thing in common except for maybe morals- but you need more than that.

Gosho could very easily surprise us with a different ending. Ran may die. Shinichi may die. He may stay as Conan. I'm personally betting on Shinichi and Conan separating but that's just me. :) He could even say "they started dating but departed to go different ways after high school".

Haibara respects him, yes. But I doubt she holds any romantic feelings for him. Relationships have everything to do with similarities. A couple of things may be different, but you need similarities for things to talk about, how to raise a child, how to pay the bills, RELIGION, what friends to make, what the house will look like, jobs- all of that. If you just understand somebody that doesn't mean you can raise a kid with them. You probably wouldn't be able to settle on a religion (if you want one), you may not agree on how much to spend each month, and what in the world do you expect for them to talk about with only understanding each other? Shinichi would always want to talk about Holmes and she'd want to talk about the house, her experiments, her job- the normal things a wife talks about (lol. XD). Shinichi needs a woman who won't chatter on about that all day, don't you think? XD

Just because you understand somebody doesn't mean you can be in a relationship with them. It'll get you to a "friend" point but no further. She only understands that area. Every other part of him remains a mystery to him. She can't understand more than half of the things she does! XD And so what if he saved her life numerous times? He's saved Ayumi's life, and Mitsuhiko's, and Genta's lives several times as well. It's what he does. My point is that similarities play a large role and with similarities, understanding comes along as well in time.

And in't believe that little line at the end there until Conan says it straight to her face. Until Gosho writes it and THEN I will agree that he thinks of her as a classmate and nothing more- because to me there are a lot of signs saying that that may not be what Conan thinks. :)

Okay, so can you tell me what Ayumi and Conan have in common? Hardly anything. Ran understands Shinichi very well my friend. There have been many instances to that throughout the manga and anime series. Shinichi and Ran care about each other, they LIKE each other! No matter what we talk here, Gosho has made them a couple, whether they are compatible or not, similarities or no, and I have no objection to that. Haibara has shown many a times that she might have a crush on Shinichi, but she wouldn't want things to move forward. She knows very well that Ran and Shinichi like each other and that she can't do anything about it. Shinichi respects her as a good friend, so he wouldn't be thinking of settling with her. Even if they do, they are two mature individuals and will find many topics to talk about, other than Holmes and Scientific stuff. But anyway, Haibara doesn't want to come in-between Shinichi and Ran, so, we can just leave her for now. Ayumi- she likes Conan, Haibara knows that and has hinted it to Conan numerous times. So far, Conan hasn't shown any sort of attraction towards her because he already has Ran in his head. If Ran dies in the end, then I don't think he'll be able to get over it because in the series, he is always clear that Ran's life is more important than his. If that ever happens, then he might stay single or be with Haibara or Ayumi. But, Haibara is a more likely option. Gosho has promised us a happy ending, so I doubt that Shinichi or Ran will die. AyumiXConan is not a bad couple, it's just that Conan doesn't seem to have any sort of feelings for her yet. So, we can't argue about them being a couple until he shows some positive signs. I wouldn't stop you from day-dreaming about them being together, but don't keep your hopes too high because Gosho has decided that Shinichi will be with Ran, whether you like it or not, whether they have similarities or not. Shinichi likes Ran's nature and so he likes her, he thinks she is the ideal woman. That's how his character is, we can't help it.

I prefer the Shinichi/Ran pairing......

Same here...