Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who's better off with Shinichi? Haibara Ai or Ran??

I'm personally a ShinRan who was converted from an AiCon, so I prefer Ran, but I respect Haibara and her opinions. I don't think Haibara should be shunned in any way. She's a girl that fell in love with someone who loves someone else. You have to respect that. Love is very powerful. In the end, someone's heart will be broken, and I would feel bad for Haibara when Conan finally turns back into Shinichi and returns with Ran, which is probably what will happen.

Then what the heck are you?!

I am Agasa x Fusae! icon_e_biggrin.gif

1121567cutzgyma.png

They look so nice together...

Think about it! Ran has been waiting for a few months by DC time, but Agasa has been looking for 40 years! Much more touching when they finally meet, and what Fusae says...

• Upvote 1

I am Agasa x Megure! icon_e_biggrin.gif

1121567cutzgyma.png

Think about it! Ran has been waiting for a few months by DC time, but Agasa has been looking for 40 years! Much more touching when they finally meet, and what Fusae says...

Fify...

YAY!!!

1121567cutzgyma.png

Mohorovicic... Shuichi turned you into Megure X Agasa....

But that's not the point. Who do you think would be better off with Shinichi?

Ran's been waiting for over a year now actually. But the time is so darn confusing.....

She shows affection towards Shinchi, but she denies having said feelings. I respect Haibara, she great. I see her as a long term friend than a Girlfriend for shinchi. Ai And Conan defitionly have feelings there but Ai has no plans to act on them, it seems. Ran and shinchi, Why not its so cute but how things going shinchi going to loose a few teeth if Ran finds out conan is shinchi.

Plus I be loving it, when Ran gets close to figuring it out and starts to caught on with conan being shinchi, makes me laugh all the time.

She shows affection towards Shinchi, but she denies having said feelings. I respect Haibara, she great. I see her as a long term friend than a Girlfriend for shinchi. Ai And Conan defitionly have feelings there but Ai has no plans to act on them, it seems. Ran and shinchi, Why not its so cute but how things going shinchi going to loose a few teeth if Ran finds out conan is shinchi.

Plus I be loving it, when Ran gets close to figuring it out and starts to caught on with conan being shinchi, makes me laugh all the time.

Agreed, maybe. I'm having a hard time deciphering what you're trying to say.

1121567cutzgyma.png

I love them too <3. So adorable and sweet. I usually hate childhood lovers thingys but Gosho makes them so sweet and cute. Makes me (almost) believe in love again ;w;

<3

Watch Fusae be a B.O. member ;A;.

----

Wow tones of ShinichixRan fans around here o_o. I believe I must root for the ShinxShiho team now : D!

Wow tones of ShinichixRan fans around here o_o. I believe I must root for the ShinxShiho team now : D!

Don't you dare! Be ShinRan!

I with you kirite, time for counterattack 215ad82f.gif

I quoted this from bestuff.com, which i completely agree

It kinda long so...

I admit Ran and Shinichi are sweet, but so are many other anime and manga couples. I am an anime analysists and a critic which is why I'm watching DC. I've seen the same type of coupling over and over again, and it is cliche, getting boring, and I'm looking for something unique. I'm not getting unique from Ran and Shinichi. I've also noticed the hint of benevolent sexism in many manga and anime works, which is why I don't like it.

But I'm not blind as to notice the strengths and weaknesses of characters. Ran is strong when she's not around Shinichi. I am actually a RanxEisuke fan. To me, Shinichi is too much of an intellectual and needs someone who can handle him and bring out his best qualities. Ran's worst qualities, especially lately, have been coming out around Shinichi. Like when she didn't protect her friend from a person with a knife because she read a fortune that told her Shinichi wouldn't like it...manga version. I do know Ai also has tons of weaknesses but her weaknesses are lessened around Shinichi, and her best character comes out.

As far as Gosho is concerned, he can be an idiot. His recent lack of creative manga material is annoying and his super cliche and surface views on the world is hypocritical and spurs controversy, but in other ways he is genius. Unlike most anime shonen manga producers, who make their female heroines whiny, crybabies, motherly, and "benevolent sexist", he produced a heroine who wasn't. And he is one of the very few who makes her love anyone at all. He also created a BO syndicate that is the hardest syndicate in all of media history to kill.

And there is no doubting Shinichi is arrogant. He always steals attention, and even his friends recognizes it. Ran did in the first episode. He's full of himself and a know-it-all. Though he is also courageous, brave, intelligent, sensible, and thoughtful, he is also incompassionate, insensitive, and spoiled. You cannot be in love with only a character's strengths, but it's his weaknesses that also make the character. And he has some. To me, when a character (just like anyone), has a flaw, they need someone who can temper the quality. When Conan met Haibara, that was the first time Conan felt any sympathy for a criminal, broke his insensitivity, and started to recognize his feelings more. Haibara taught him a lot. In fact the whole show changed after Haibara came. So many new cool characters were introduced as a result, and it became more about the BO, the main plot. "The Haibara era" is different than the pre-Haibara era. For a woman to make that kind of impact on a shonen where the main character is male is not only astonishing, it's genius.

Being a love interest in a story about BO and mysteries, no matter how the writer made it, is pointless. My guess is Gosho added that in because it would draw in a more "simple" audience, people who don't care about crime and using their brains to solve cases. It was an easier way to attract a female audience, and it was a way to throw in a romance without putting too much effort in it's development so he could focus on cases. But other than that, it's not a very important role. I'm sorry, but there didn't need to be Ran for there to be Conan. Shinichi could've very well have needed an alias to find the BO anyway and he could've stayed with Agasa. Ran was not needed for that. They can make Ran become a distant character until the end of the series, and it wouldn't matter. She doesn't have to show up in any episodes until the end.

I will say the one upper hand Ran has is that she is so dependent on the character Shinichi, that if there is no Shinichi there would be no Ran. She is a very dependent character. But if there was no Ran, surprisinlgy, I feel there could still be a Shinichi, and this show could've still been a success. Haibara is not a dependent character. She very independent from Shinichi, and has her own life, her own problems, and her own world with people involved in it. There could be no Shinichi, and it could still be good with Haibara running from the BO and disguising as a kid herself.

As much as Gosho intended for Ran to be as important as possible, he sadly failed at measuring her importance to other female characters. Ran is sadly being pushed bhind more important female character within the series.

Ran is cool no matter what you say!! Shes strong without Shinichi, and ShinRan is what makes the series sweet! AiCon just makes me want to puke. (no offense to AiCon/ShinShi) Be a ShinRan! (you know that's how it's going to end anyways!)

I with you kirite, time for counterattack 215ad82f.gif

I quoted this from bestuff.com, which i completely agree

It kinda long so...

I admit Ran and Shinichi are sweet, but so are many other anime and manga couples. I am an anime analysists and a critic which is why I'm watching DC. I've seen the same type of coupling over and over again, and it is cliche, getting boring, and I'm looking for something unique. I'm not getting unique from Ran and Shinichi. I've also noticed the hint of benevolent sexism in many manga and anime works, which is why I don't like it.

But I'm not blind as to notice the strengths and weaknesses of characters. Ran is strong when she's not around Shinichi. I am actually a RanxEisuke fan. To me, Shinichi is too much of an intellectual and needs someone who can handle him and bring out his best qualities. Ran's worst qualities, especially lately, have been coming out around Shinichi. Like when she didn't protect her friend from a person with a knife because she read a fortune that told her Shinichi wouldn't like it...manga version. I do know Ai also has tons of weaknesses but her weaknesses are lessened around Shinichi, and her best character comes out.

As far as Gosho is concerned, he can be an idiot. His recent lack of creative manga material is annoying and his super cliche and surface views on the world is hypocritical and spurs controversy, but in other ways he is genius. Unlike most anime shonen manga producers, who make their female heroines whiny, crybabies, motherly, and "benevolent sexist", he produced a heroine who wasn't. And he is one of the very few who makes her love anyone at all. He also created a BO syndicate that is the hardest syndicate in all of media history to kill.

And there is no doubting Shinichi is arrogant. He always steals attention, and even his friends recognizes it. Ran did in the first episode. He's full of himself and a know-it-all. Though he is also courageous, brave, intelligent, sensible, and thoughtful, he is also incompassionate, insensitive, and spoiled. You cannot be in love with only a character's strengths, but it's his weaknesses that also make the character. And he has some. To me, when a character (just like anyone), has a flaw, they need someone who can temper the quality. When Conan met Haibara, that was the first time Conan felt any sympathy for a criminal, broke his insensitivity, and started to recognize his feelings more. Haibara taught him a lot. In fact the whole show changed after Haibara came. So many new cool characters were introduced as a result, and it became more about the BO, the main plot. "The Haibara era" is different than the pre-Haibara era. For a woman to make that kind of impact on a shonen where the main character is male is not only astonishing, it's genius.

Being a love interest in a story about BO and mysteries, no matter how the writer made it, is pointless. My guess is Gosho added that in because it would draw in a more "simple" audience, people who don't care about crime and using their brains to solve cases. It was an easier way to attract a female audience, and it was a way to throw in a romance without putting too much effort in it's development so he could focus on cases. But other than that, it's not a very important role. I'm sorry, but there didn't need to be Ran for there to be Conan. Shinichi could've very well have needed an alias to find the BO anyway and he could've stayed with Agasa. Ran was not needed for that. They can make Ran become a distant character until the end of the series, and it wouldn't matter. She doesn't have to show up in any episodes until the end.

I will say the one upper hand Ran has is that she is so dependent on the character Shinichi, that if there is no Shinichi there would be no Ran. She is a very dependent character. But if there was no Ran, surprisinlgy, I feel there could still be a Shinichi, and this show could've still been a success. Haibara is not a dependent character. She very independent from Shinichi, and has her own life, her own problems, and her own world with people involved in it. There could be no Shinichi, and it could still be good with Haibara running from the BO and disguising as a kid herself.

As much as Gosho intended for Ran to be as important as possible, he sadly failed at measuring her importance to other female characters. Ran is sadly being pushed bhind more important female character within the series.

Ran is cool no matter what you say!! Shes strong without Shinichi, and ShinRan is what makes the series sweet! AiCon just makes me want to puke. (no offense to AiCon/ShinShi) Be a ShinRan! (you know that's how it's going to end anyways!)

You know, i read all the chapters with shinran moment, i watched all 14 movies with a lot of ShinRan and i still not interested in this couple. Even knowing this series will end with ShinRan together, i will NEVER become a ShinRan.

You know, i read all the chapters with shinran moment, i watched all 14 movies with a lot of ShinRan and i still not interested in this couple. Even knowing this series will end with ShinRan together, i will NEVER become a ShinRan.

*whimpers* You make me so sad!

(JK)

*whimpers* You make me so sad! (JK)

Oh, don't be so sad :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that ShinRan is horrible, i just don't like this couple, that's all.

It's weird, I watched other animes before, but this is the first time i'm into pairing fandom this much, it must be because haibara is one of my most favorite characters ever.

Why do some people like Ran???Why?

Mind telling me why you hate Ai? <_<

Well, can't answer for Yellowglow exactly but I bet it has something to do with Ai always acting snotty and bratty. (Conan does note this frequently.) She's also kind of vain... I personally like Ai as a character, but I like Ran better. She's nicer, kinder, braver, sweeter, more trustworthy, strong but with weakness, patient, funny, dependable, and just plain old better. That's why she should go with Shinichi!

Well, can't answer for Yellowglow exactly but I bet it has something to do with Ai always acting snotty and bratty. (Conan does note this frequently.) She's also kind of vain... I personally like Ai as a character, but I like Ran better. She's nicer, kinder, braver, sweeter, more trustworthy, strong but with weakness, patient, funny, dependable, and just plain old better. That's why she should go with Shinichi!

First of all, since i don't speak English, pardon me if i say something that doesn't make sense.

"snotty,bratty,kind of vain", if you see her that way then conan, Heiji and other detectives are also snotty, bratty and kind of vain. It's just Gosho's way of portraiting smart characters, i myself get used to it.

The reason that i favor Ai above all others is because she's different, different from any anime girls i ever know. She isn't the typical "cheerful, way too kind, childish" like Ran, in fact, because Ran has too many good things about her without a noticeable flaw make me grow tired of her. It would be nice to meet such flawless person like her in real life, but this is manga, it very boring to read about such character, to a level that i could almost predict how she gonna react in certain situations, it's just no fun. Ran is really typical, if you read other mangas, you could find other characters who has similar personality to her. She only shine when Shinichi around, without him, she's just a normal high school girl with no special background.

Ai is much more interesting, she's mature, cool and kind, and i love her sarcasm, it make the series more funny. Outside, she look like a cold person but if you pay more attention to her, you'll find her as sweet as Ran. Unlike Ran, she is independent from Shinichi and has her own life, her own problems, and her own world with people involved in it. She did rely on him when confronting BO, but it's because they're too strong for her to fight alone. The reason she so terrified of them not because she scared of death( she attempt to suicide before) but because she afraid the BO will kill everyone she know, including Ran, if they ever found out about her identity, plus she's changing, she's stronger now (Even Conan admit it).

Well, i still has a lot of things to talk about Ran and Ai, but i'm beat now 154218d4.gif

So maybe some other times ... ac0d5cff.gif

First of all, since i don't speak English, pardon me if i say something that doesn't make sense.

"snotty,bratty,kind of vain", if you see her that way then conan, Heiji and other detectives are also snotty, bratty and kind of vain. It's just Gosho's way of portraiting smart characters, i myself get used to it.

The reason that i favor Ai above all others is because she's different, different from any anime girls i ever know. She isn't the typical "cheerful, way too kind, childish" like Ran, in fact, because Ran has too many good things about her without a noticeable flaw make me grow tired of her. It would be nice to meet such flawless person like her in real life, but this is manga, it very boring to read about such character, to a level that i could almost predict how she gonna react in certain situations, it's just no fun. Ran is really typical, if you read other mangas, you could find other characters who has similar personality to her. She only shine when Shinichi around, without him, she's just a normal high school girl with no special background.

Ai is much more interesting, she's mature, cool and kind, and i love her sarcasm, it make the series more funny. Outside, she look like a cold person but if you pay more attention to her, you'll find her as sweet as Ran. Unlike Ran, she is independent from Shinichi and has her own life, her own problems, and her own world with people involved in it. She did rely on him when confronting BO, but it's because they're too strong for her to fight alone. The reason she so terrified of them not because she scared of death( she attempt to suicide before) but because she afraid the BO will kill everyone she know, including Ran, if they ever found out about her identity, plus she's changing, she's stronger now (Even Conan admit it).

Well, i still has a lot of things to talk about Ran and Ai, but i'm beat now 154218d4.gif

So maybe some other times ... ac0d5cff.gif

I don't like smart-aleck girls. Only guys because I feel Ai is a little girly. (and I'm a fan of not-so-sarcastic characters.) Ran does have a life out of Shinichi. She 'lost' her mom in elementary and is still trying to get her back whereas Ai didn't care much in the first place. She has to take care of her drunk, troublesome father and still manage to find time to train karate and hang out with her friends. You know, Ai's past is just as cliche as Ran's is...... A girl who was an enemy and that jazz. If you think about it, there is something suspicious about Ai's behavior. She obviously knows a lot more about the BO than she let's out. Their plans and motive. She won't even say her own motivefor making APTX. "I didn't mean to make poison". So what did she want to make? "You have no idea you're part of a huge plan, Kudo-kun." Tell him what it is for crying out loud!

As for Ran, seeming so dependent on Shinichi is completely understandable! The guy you've loved your whole life suddenly disappears after what could be your first date and not even his next door neighbor will tell you where he is. He promised he'd come back soon, but soon turned into months and even years. Whenever he says he'll stay, he leaves before the hour is past. And noe he's confessed only to leave again. You don't want to move on, so what can you do but suffer and wait? Kyaah! I <3 ShinRan...

I love them too <3. So adorable and sweet. I usually hate childhood lovers thingys but Gosho makes them so sweet and cute. Makes me (almost) believe in love again ;w;

<3

Watch Fusae be a B.O. member ;A;.

----

You don't believe in love!? Oh, I do... It's so nice to love someone who loves you back. I don't want to assume anything, but you probably had some though luck with love, right?

I don't like smart-aleck girls. Only guys because I feel Ai is a little girly. (and I'm a fan of not-so-sarcastic characters.) Ran does have a life out of Shinichi. She 'lost' her mom in elementary and is still trying to get her back whereas Ai didn't care much in the first place. She has to take care of her drunk, troublesome father and still manage to find time to train karate and hang out with her friends. You know, Ai's past is just as cliche as Ran's is...... A girl who was an enemy and that jazz. If you think about it, there is something suspicious about Ai's behavior. She obviously knows a lot more about the BO than she let's out. Their plans and motive. She won't even say her own motivefor making APTX. "I didn't mean to make poison". So what did she want to make? "You have no idea you're part of a huge plan, Kudo-kun." Tell him what it is for crying out loud!

As for Ran, seeming so dependent on Shinichi is completely understandable! The guy you've loved your whole life suddenly disappears after what could be your first date and not even his next door neighbor will tell you where he is. He promised he'd come back soon, but soon turned into months and even years. Whenever he says he'll stay, he leaves before the hour is past. And noe he's confessed only to leave again. You don't want to move on, so what can you do but suffer and wait? Kyaah! I <3 ShinRan...

It might be true that Ai is still hiding something from Conan, but i don't think Shinichi need to know about the BO's motive yet, the highest priority now is to find out about the boss's identity, plus maybe Gosho want to hide it from us reader to make the plot more mysterious, or Ai has a good reason to hide from Shinichi, we don't know for sure until it's revealed.

I believe since Conan still in the 1st grade, Ran only waiting for Shinichi for less than 1 year (few months), it's only long for readers since the series last for ~15 years. Even though Ran can't meet Shinichi, she still can call him anytime. Just because your lover far away from you doesn't mean you should depend on him, that doesn't make any sense. Ran need to be more positive, she could at least ask Shinichi what kind of case he involve, where is he now instead of "suffer and wait", that's weak.

Ran's life is much simpler than Ai, the problems Ran facing like you mention above is nothing compared to Ai. While Ran grow up as a normal girl who live happy with her childhood friend, having parents ALIVE who love her, having 2 best friend (1 of them is very rich) care about her deeply, having a father who is a famous detective, having someone who loves her strongly, Ai got nothing. She growed up without parents, she was sent to study oversea and being mock by her classmate because she look to asian (she reveal this in a manga chapter), she was forced to take over the APTX project, she was being supervised by BO all the time, the one she loved most - her sister was killed by the BO, the man she love (yes, i believe ai loves conan)always of another woman, now she's living in fear, being hunted by the BO and you still say Ran is unhappy. "Ai didn't care much in the first place", what do you mean, her parents is DEAD, what can she does about that, plus she care about her parents even though she never meet them (the cassette case) and she still live on, keep making the antidote which would bring Conan away from her, that's strong.

Ran cry too much, eventhough sometime it's not worth crying, being far away from your lover is not the worst thing in the world, and it's not like she lost him forever. It feel like Gosho is forcing us to pity her, which i can't, not anymore. Ran's worst qualities, especially lately, have been coming out around Shinichi, she become weaker and act like a crybaby. Like when she didn't protect her friend from a person with a knife because she read a fortune that told her Shinichi wouldn't like it...manga version. The series if getting very long, ShinRan needs some change, yet they still the same, Ran still blushed everytimes she think about Shinichi, she still cry everytimes Shinichi about to leave her, and until very recently, their relationship was never confirmed, they knew they love each other, but they still not admit it clearly. Because of this, ShinRan become repeative and boring.

I knew that you gonna agrue with me again (that's fandom), it's pointless changing your mind, but i just want to make my point and hope you could understand it. :)

It might be true that Ai is still hiding something from Conan, but i don't think Shinichi need to know about the BO's motive yet, the highest priority now is to find out about the boss's identity, plus maybe Gosho want to hide it from us reader to make the plot more mysterious, or Ai has a good reason to hide from Shinichi, we don't know for sure until it's revealed.

I believe since Conan still in the 1st grade, Ran only waiting for Shinichi for less than 1 year (few months), it's only long for readers since the series last for ~15 years. Even though Ran can't meet Shinichi, she still can call him anytime. Just because your lover far away from you doesn't mean you should depend on him, that doesn't make any sense. Ran need to be more positive, she could at least ask Shinichi what kind of case he involve, where is he now instead of "suffer and wait", that's weak.

Ran's life is much simpler than Ai, the problems Ran facing like you mention above is nothing compared to Ai. While Ran grow up as a normal girl who live happy with her childhood friend, having parents ALIVE who love her, having 2 best friend (1 of them is very rich) care about her deeply, having a father who is a famous detective, having someone who loves her strongly, Ai got nothing. She growed up without parents, she was sent to study oversea and being mock by her classmate because she look to asian (she reveal this in a manga chapter), she was forced to take over the APTX project, she was being supervised by BO all the time, the one she loved most - her sister was killed by the BO, the man she love (yes, i believe ai loves conan)always of another woman, now she's living in fear, being hunted by the BO and you still say Ran is unhappy. "Ai didn't care much in the first place", what do you mean, her parents is DEAD, what can she does about that, plus she care about her parents even though she never meet them (the cassette case) and she still live on, keep making the antidote which would bring Conan away from her, that's strong.

Ran cry too much, eventhough sometime it's not worth crying, being far away from your lover is not the worst thing in the world, and it's not like she lost him forever. It feel like Gosho is forcing us to pity her, which i can't, not anymore. Ran's worst qualities, especially lately, have been coming out around Shinichi, she become weaker and act like a crybaby. Like when she didn't protect her friend from a person with a knife because she read a fortune that told her Shinichi wouldn't like it...manga version. The series if getting very long, ShinRan needs some change, yet they still the same, Ran still blushed everytimes she think about Shinichi, she still cry everytimes Shinichi about to leave her, and until very recently, their relationship was never confirmed, they knew they love each other, but they still not admit it clearly. Because of this, ShinRan become repeative and boring.

I knew that you gonna agrue with me again (that's fandom), it's pointless changing your mind, but i just want to make my point and hope you could understand it. :)

Mocked for looking too Asian? I've never been mocked for looking Asian at my school. I do understand your view point, but it doesn't change my fandom. I actually kind of like Ai better than Ran, but I hate pairing her with Shinichi. I prefer pairing Heiji and Kaito with Shinichi than that. (actually, I really, really like KaiShin.)

On that note, why aren't there any avid KaiShins or HeiShins on the 'Who's better off with Shinichi?' forum? It'd be fun to argue with them, though I love their fanfics. So cute!

Did someone say KaiShin HeiShin?

*loves KaiShin HeiShin*

With that said I only manage to skim so here is what I think.

@Aeyra:

"She 'lost' her mom in elementary and is still trying to get her back whereas Ai didn't care much in the first place."

What are you talking about? Of course Ai cares about her mom! We had a whole file where Ai smiles so sweetly because she finally hears her mom's voice for the first time in 18 years! And I think Ai always cares about her mom even though she's so afraid. Everyone in the Org calls her mom "hell's angel". It was probably traumatic for her to think all her life that her mom was "evil" and that her mom never cared about her. She was so happy to know that her mother was a good person that cares about her, she listens to the tapes over and over...*feels like crying just thinking about it*.

@dreznovk:

"in fact, because Ran has too many good things about her without a noticeable flaw make me grow tired of her."

I don't quite agree, in comparison with other characters (Haibara included). I think Ran has most obvious flaws. The obvious one is that she doesn't solve every case with magical big brain powers or any sort of unnatural genius. She struggles with finding the culprit to "simple cases" just like a normal civilian human being with no training should be. She cries easily, she gets scared easily, she's unreasonable sometimes, she uses violence when things don't go her way and she's very very stubborn. She's not the prettiest one, she doesn't have the biggest bewbs eva, she likes boy bands unreasonably just like every silly teenage girl, she's kinda slow (she has her hillarious derp moments), not that witty (she can't tell Sonoko or Shinichi off like ever), and she doesn't understand relationships yet she believes in teh powa of loveee (unlike me).

I'm really not sure why people think she's perfect Mary Sueish at all. Sure she's KIND, but then everyone in the DC world is kind, Heiji, Ayumi, Haibara, Conan. I do think she's unique though. She's a kind character WHO IS NOT BRILLIANT and cannot think of 10 different awesome ways to stop a bullet. She's not afraid of looking stupid, she can only do what her instinct tells her. That's what makes her so unique to me. She is a normal kind girl in a world full of genius villains and genius detectives. Yet she tries to hard to protect everyone her own way.

Did someone say KaiShin HeiShin?

*loves KaiShin HeiShin*

With that said I only manage to skim so here is what I think.

@Aeyra:

"She 'lost' her mom in elementary and is still trying to get her back whereas Ai didn't care much in the first place."

What are you talking about? Of course Ai cares about her mom! We had a whole file where Ai smiles so sweetly because she finally hears her mom's voice for the first time in 18 years! And I think Ai always cares about her mom even though she's so afraid. Everyone in the Org calls her mom "hell's angel". It was probably traumatic for her to think all her life that her mom was "evil" and that her mom never cared about her. She was so happy to know that her mother was a good person that cares about her, she listens to the tapes over and over...*feels like crying just thinking about it*.

@dreznovk:

"in fact, because Ran has too many good things about her without a noticeable flaw make me grow tired of her."

I don't quite agree, in comparison with other characters (Haibara included). I think Ran has most obvious flaws. The obvious one is that she doesn't solve every case with magical big brain powers or any sort of unnatural genius. She struggles with finding the culprit to "simple cases" just like a normal civilian human being with no training should be. She cries easily, she gets scared easily, she's unreasonable sometimes, she uses violence when things don't go her way and she's very very stubborn. She's not the prettiest one, she doesn't have the biggest bewbs eva, she likes boy bands unreasonably just like every silly teenage girl, she's kinda slow (she has her hillarious derp moments), not that witty (she can't tell Sonoko or Shinichi off like ever), and she doesn't understand relationships yet she believes in teh powa of loveee (unlike me).

I'm really not sure why people think she's perfect Mary Sueish at all. Sure she's KIND, but then everyone in the DC world is kind, Heiji, Ayumi, Haibara, Conan. I do think she's unique though. She's a kind character WHO IS NOT BRILLIANT and cannot think of 10 different awesome ways to stop a bullet. She's not afraid of looking stupid, she can only do what her instinct tells her. That's what makes her so unique to me. She is a normal kind girl in a world full of genius villains and genius detectives. Yet she tries to hard to protect everyone her own way.

Thank you for showing what kind of person Ran really is. Yeah, I know Ai misses her mom, but I needed something to attack with. In fact, I thought that was a really cute chapter.... But I personally feel Ran is the prettiest character in DC! No offense or anything, but Ai looks quite ugly as a teenager. Her hairstyle looks really funny that way. And the way she is drawn is just *bleh*.

i'm really sure that it would be ran and shinichi.

ai is also a possible match but the guy would really choose his first love. he even promised ran that he will come back for her