Detective Conan World
Chianti

Who's better off with Shinichi? Haibara Ai or Ran??

The topic title is "Who's better of with Shinichi? Haibara Ai or Ran??"

But if you want to discuss about other pairing, that's fine with me (it's not like i could do anything about it)

About Genta * Ayumi: No, just no, it's like pairing normal girl with incredible hulk.

Why not ? She can still keep her friend relationship with DB (or sister) and she can make new friends (could be Ran, Kazuha or Sonoko). Childhood is not supposed to be happy, Ai already had one, instead of trying to live childhood life again she should move onto adulthood. It's no good drawn on the past.

What do you mean, childhood is not supposed to be happy? I think that Ai deserves a new chance, moving onto adulthood won't help her. She loves the DB, and it's the first place where's she's ever felt truly free. You have no idea how much they have helped her, how much they have made her laugh. It's sad when a child doesn't experience a good childhood. She is no longer in the past, she is looking towards the future, a future in which she can laugh and become the person she wants to be, not hung up on the BO. In fact, if she did turn back to a teen, she'd be more drawn to the past than before, she'd feel guilty, and I don't think she'd want to be that way. Ai accepts the truth that Conan will one day turn into Shinichi, but I believe she has realized that she herself would never choose that path. Shiho Miyano has nothing left to go back for, but Haibara Ai does. She's got the children, a hope for the future, friends, and family.

What do you mean, childhood is not supposed to be happy? I think that Ai deserves a new chance, moving onto adulthood won't help her. She loves the DB, and it's the first place where's she's ever felt truly free. You have no idea how much they have helped her, how much they have made her laugh. It's sad when a child doesn't experience a good childhood. She is no longer in the past, she is looking towards the future, a future in which she can laugh and become the person she wants to be, not hung up on the BO. In fact, if she did turn back to a teen, she'd be more drawn to the past than before, she'd feel guilty, and I don't think she'd want to be that way. Ai accepts the truth that Conan will one day turn into Shinichi, but I believe she has realized that she herself would never choose that path. Shiho Miyano has nothing left to go back for, but Haibara Ai does. She's got the children, a hope for the future, friends, and family.

As i said before, childhood belong to a CHILD, she's NOT a child anymore, there's no childhood for her anymore. And why turn back to a teen make she feel guilty, she already feel guilty now, even if she not taking APTX, she'll eventually grow up and become teen again. No matter what happens, Ai Haibara is Shiho Miyano, you can't deny yourself, instead of running away from yourself, live with it, change it the way you want. She has to get back to her true self, and become Shiho Miyano that she wants: A normal girl just like others with no BO, no ATPX.

Yea. And I believe that if Akemi really is dead, she won't want to be back to her "Shiho" form

As i said before, childhood belong to a CHILD, she's NOT a child anymore, there's no childhood for her anymore. And why turn back to a teen make she feel guilty, she already feel guilty now, even if she not taking APTX, she'll eventually grow up and become teen again. No matter what happens, Ai Haibara is Shiho Miyano, you can't deny yourself, instead of running away from yourself, live with it, change it the way you want. She has to get back to her true self, and become Shiho Miyano that she wants: A normal girl just like others with no BO, no ATPX.

Shiho Miyano died while taking the APTX. The only one left is Haibara Ai. Even if she turns back, she can't erase the memories of the Black Organization or the APTX, and she won't be able to do that either way. Childhood does belong to a child, but you never had to be a kid to be a 'child'. Right now, I believe I'm more in my childhood then I ever have been- I'm experiencing so many new things, I'm learning so many new things, I'm figuring out how to do new things, I'm getting new friends, and so much more. Childhood is being able to have that period of time where you can be free and just have fun. If Ai could just let go of Shiho Miyano, she could experience childhood. She took the APTX to suicide. She took the APTX to be free. She will be free if she takes her chance. Otherwise, she'll just suffer more pain, and I don't think she's that masochistic.

Shiho Miyano died while taking the APTX. The only one left is Haibara Ai. Even if she turns back, she can't erase the memories of the Black Organization or the APTX, and she won't be able to do that either way. Childhood does belong to a child, but you never had to be a kid to be a 'child'. Right now, I believe I'm more in my childhood then I ever have been- I'm experiencing so many new things, I'm learning so many new things, I'm figuring out how to do new things, I'm getting new friends, and so much more. Childhood is being able to have that period of time where you can be free and just have fun. If Ai could just let go of Shiho Miyano, she could experience childhood. She took the APTX to suicide. She took the APTX to be free. She will be free if she takes her chance. Otherwise, she'll just suffer more pain, and I don't think she's that masochistic.

I see your point, but i still think Ai should turn back to an adult. It doesn't matter she's Ai Haibara or Shiho Miyano, they're just a same person, but Ai Haibara is a body of a kid and Shiho Miyano is a body of a adult, while she is an adult, that why Shiho Miyano fit her more. I want her to be herself, imagine an adult who has to live in a body of a child, she has the taste of a adult, she's not interested in kid's interests, how do you expect her to enjoy her life. She's still young, she doesn't need to be a kid to learn new things, to experience 'childhood' that you talked about, she can go back as Shiho Miyano to do it.

I see your point, but i still think Ai should turn back to an adult. It doesn't matter she's Ai Haibara or Shiho Miyano, they're just a same person, but Ai Haibara is a body of a kid and Shiho Miyano is a body of a adult, while she is an adult, that why Shiho Miyano fit her more. I want her to be herself, imagine an adult who has to live in a body of a child, she has the taste of a adult, she's not interested in kid's interests, how do you expect her to enjoy her life. She's still young, she doesn't need to be a kid to learn new things, to experience 'childhood' that you talked about, she can go back as Shiho Miyano to do it.

As Shiho Miyano she wouldn't be able to be friends with the Detective Boys, and she very obviously cares for them. Examples needed? Every time she's with them, she tries to stay away when she senses danger because she doesn't want them getting hurt. And Ai is more like a child inside; she gets scared easily, she's dependent, and she hasn't experienced many things that normal people have. Not interested in kid things? Maybe she is an adult, but she is friends with the DB and nobody can deny that. She has fun with them, and it proves that she's a kid at heart. She's enjoying life RIGHT NOW. If the BO disappeared, she'd be perfectly happy. As I said before Shiho Miyano died. She's not coming back. Ever. Ai already let go of her.

And why don't we add Heiji to the 'Who's better off with Shinichi?' list? I really wanna! (I'm in a huge HeiShin mood right now after seeing this drawing.)

sakura_by_eguana.jpg

As Shiho Miyano she wouldn't be able to be friends with the Detective Boys, and she very obviously cares for them. Examples needed? Every time she's with them, she tries to stay away when she senses danger because she doesn't want them getting hurt. And Ai is more like a child inside; she gets scared easily, she's dependent, and she hasn't experienced many things that normal people have. Not interested in kid things? Maybe she is an adult, but she is friends with the DB and nobody can deny that. She has fun with them, and it proves that she's a kid at heart. She's enjoying life RIGHT NOW. If the BO disappeared, she'd be perfectly happy. As I said before Shiho Miyano died. She's not coming back. Ever. Ai already let go of her.

And why don't we add Heiji to the 'Who's better off with Shinichi?' list? I really wanna! (I'm in a huge HeiShin mood right now after seeing this drawing.)

sakura_by_eguana.jpg

It seems that we'll never agree on this :-(

Let's change the topic.

Shouldn't we seriously get back on topic?

And Aeyra, that HeiShin picture is actually creeping me out right now, no offense.

Same here, that pic's seriously disturbing :shock: , only girls would be interested in that. If you like them so badly, maybe you should make a thread about those kind of 'couple'.

Same here, that pic's seriously disturbing :shock: , only girls would be interested in that. If you like them so badly, maybe you should make a thread about those kind of 'couple'.

True that. I looked at that picture and was like, "Er... Awkward...".

Anyway, I'll still say Ran is better off with Shinichi. But I still like Haibara. She's really pretty, but she wouldn't work well with Shinichi. She needs someone else to come into her life.

Anyway, I'll still say Ran is better off with Shinichi. But I still like Haibara. She's really pretty, but she wouldn't work well with Shinichi. She needs someone else to come into her life.

Of course, if the BO finds her we don't have to argue about this, do we? :twisted::P

Of course, if the BO finds her we don't have to argue about this, do we? :twisted::P

I so agree. Somehow, I feel someone might die in the end. And something tells me it's Haibara cuz she doesn't have a 'guy' yet.

I so agree. Somehow, I feel someone might die in the end. And something tells me it's Haibara cuz she doesn't have a 'guy' yet.

Come to think of it, while Ran have some potential (araide and EISUKE :P) boyfriend, Ai have none, maybe Gosho is saving that position for Conan/Shinichi :rolleyes:

(screw it, i'm dreaming again)

And Aeyra, why do you always think Ai is going to die <_<

I like Ai, but I happen to be sadistic and if she doesn't get a boyfriend (Mitsuhiko) I hope she dies an epic death. I've *cough cough* killed Ai in a Fanfic, but the scene seems a little ShinShi.... Too bad, it's a ShinRan story!

I like Ai, but I happen to be sadistic and if she doesn't get a boyfriend (Mitsuhiko) I hope she dies an epic death. I've *cough cough* killed Ai in a Fanfic, but the scene seems a little ShinShi.... Too bad, it's a ShinRan story!

Now i want to *cough* kill *cough* you

No. I don't feel the need to kill you yet. Speaking of which, I'm deciding Haibara's fate in my story. She'll probably live, but I want your opinion.

Can you redirect this conversation to the fanwork's section?

Can you redirect this conversation to the fanwork's section?

Sorry, we'll get back on track. *cough cough* I think Ran is better for Shinichi than Haibara because what Haibara has done, however unintentionally, is unforgivable.

Neh. Ai suits him better. It's just awkward Τ☺ see a rhino with a detective.

It feels awkward to see such a cold-hearted, scientist who shrunk him and RUINED HIS ENTIRE LIFE next to him and even thinking of a stinking romance between them! RAN IS NOT A RHINO! IF SHE'S A RHINO, THEN AI IS A MOUSE! A MOUSE DOESN'T BELONG WITH A CLEVER WILDCAT EITHER! (but in that case, a tiger (heiji) does, right? Which supports my saying either ShinRan, or secondly HeiShin. *bleh*)