Detective Conan World
phantomlady1101

The gender of Anokata

The gender of Anokata  

61 members have voted

1. 1. We always guess who is Anokata! Why don't we guess something more interesting but also is mysterious like Anokata's gender???

• Male
    • Female

It's hard to know, I'll go for 'Male'

Cause you had a bad day

You're taking one down

You sing a sad song just to turn it around

You say you don't know

You tell me don't lie

You work at a smile and you go for a ride

You had a bad day

The camera don't lie

You're coming back down and you really don't mind

You had a bad day

You had a bad day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzCezZ7fr3A&feature=related

lol everytime i see this topic, I keep thinking it says "the gender of akakata"

;p

ROFL I thought that was the topic title. (I said male just cuz I think it's Miyano Atsushi.)

It's greatly implied that Anokata is a male because Vermouth is his favorite, implying some sort of relationship. Like he let her go on her own and be away from his side and he decided to pull her back. To me, that's implying that he's interested in her in more ways than one. And in this anime - male.

It's greatly implied that Anokata is a male because Vermouth is his favorite, implying some sort of relationship. Like he let her go on her own and be away from his side and he decided to pull her back. To me, that's implying that he's interested in her in more ways than one. And in this anime - male.

Except it is canon that Vermouth and Gin have... made mixed drinks. They are not hiding it either; Vermouth was hanging all over Gin at the bar in the Mysterious Passenger. Would the all-powerful boss really let Vermouth and Gin off the hook?

Conan Drill page 239

conandrill239snip.jpg

• Upvote 1

It's odd, though, because of how annoyed Gin gets at her. True, it'd be strange for the boss to let him off the hook, unless if he were for some reason unaware.. which is quite unlikely. Somehow Vermouth seems to like Gin more than Gin likes her, but I haven't read much into interpreting Gin's actions. It's at least implied that Vermouth is very important to Anokata for some reason. I don't really see the leader being a girl :/

I think that there's no conclusive evidence either way so far. Since people already discussed why Anokata would be male, I'm going to mention the reasons why I think Anokata could be female:

• Nanatsu no Ko describes a mother crow cawing about its lovely children
  • Ai mentions in File 384 that the drug she and her parents were trying to develop would only benefit Japanese girls
  • Aoyama loves the OMG HE'S A SHE / SHE'S A HE??!! plot (that moonlight sonata case, the Sera case, Kid disguising as Ran and Vermouth disguising as Araide, etc.)

TL;DR I think Anokata could be either.

Or maybe Anokata is a transexual?!

[*]Ai mentions in File 384 that the drug she and her parents were trying to develop would only benefit Japanese girls/

I think that's a bit off. I've got as a translation:

"Jeez, Relax... The purpose of my research wasn't to develop that kind of utopic medicine ['nostrum to raise the dead']. Most people on earth wouldn't see the merit of such a stupid thing... Yes, just like those Hina dolls that only mean something to the girls of this small country" - Basically Haibara's comparing the limited appeal of Hina dolls worldwide to creating something that would raise the dead.

^ Actually that makes a lot of sense, now. Fixed my post ^^

EDIT: Actually I'm going to have to contest the "Most people on earth wouldn't see the merit of such a stupid thing..." line. This is how I understand the Japanese:

まあ安心しなさい・・・私の研究の目的はそんな夢のような薬じゃないわ・・・

Oh, don't worry . . . My research's objective isn't such a dream-like drug . . .

この地球のほとんどの人間にはその価値を見出せない愚かしい代物・・・

[it's a] Foolish thing that Most people on this Earth couldn't see value in . . .

So I don't think Ai meant to say that most people wouldn't value an elixir of immortality, rather that they wouldn't value the drug. It's a minor point that doesn't detract from your main point, but I want to clarify since this is rather important for DC's plot.

^ Actually that makes a lot of sense, now. Fixed my post ^^

EDIT: Actually I'm going to have to contest the "Most people on earth wouldn't see the merit of such a stupid thing..." line. This is how I understand the Japanese:

まあ安心しなさい・・・私の研究の目的はそんな夢のような薬じゃないわ・・・

Oh, don't worry . . . My research's objective isn't such a dream-like drug . . .

この地球のほとんどの人間にはその価値を見出せない愚かしい代物・・・

[it's a] Foolish thing that Most people on this Earth couldn't see value in . . .

So I don't think Ai meant to say that most people wouldn't value an elixir of immortality, rather that they wouldn't value the drug. It's a minor point that doesn't detract from your main point, but I want to clarify since this is rather important for DC's plot.

I appreciate the clarification.

Anokata is probably male, though it would be a shocking twist if that person's a woman XD And I LOVE twists :twisted:

By the way, has anyone ever thought that Anokata might be something... inhuman ???

Anokata is probably male, though it would be a shocking twist if that person's a woman XD And I LOVE twists :twisted:

By the way, has anyone ever thought that Anokata might be something... inhuman ???

I don't think so and I think he/she's only normal.

Inhuman? Well, I think Anokata is potentially immortal, but I'm not sure how far Aoyama wants to go into that kind of fantasy genre (and he may try to disguise it with 'scientific' explanations but that's what it is). I mean, quite a lot of the stuff the org does seems to be related to immortality in some way, so Anokata is perhaps looking for 'Pandora' (in the MK metaphorical sense). Then again, Aoyama often has Kudou and Ran know when each other are in danger like they've got a sort of psychic connection or something, though I wouldn't read too much into it...

In DC, as long as you don't cross the immortality/raising-the-dead limit, everything is possible :lol: If Conan & Ai cannot grow older again, they are immortal. Though it's too early to say anything...

I personally don't think that the boss is already immortal, because the APTX project would be useless, unless he/she is an old man/woman who also wants eternal youth.