From Detective Conan Wiki
Dark Knight (ダーク・ナイト Dāku Naito) is the 20th episode of Magic Kaito 1412 anime.
Manga to anime changes
- The anime adds more detail to the paintings in the art gallery:
- A painting of a father and son hand-in-hand forms the background to Kaito's and Inspector Nakamori's conversation, foreshadowing Nightmare's true identity.
- A modified version of Rubens' Samson and Delilah frames the first conversation between Inspector Nakamori and Jack Connery.
- In the manga, Inspector Nakamori explains to Kaito that he did not call in a professional magician because it would cause the Japanese police to lose face. This line is cut from the anime.
- In the manga, Nightmare goes in-depth about what he knows about Kaitou Kid, explaining that he had once been a fan of Toichi Kuroba and had deduced Toichi to be the original Kaitou Kid. This explanation is simplified in the anime.
- In the manga, Inspector Nakamori explains that the Dark Knight's case is suspended in midair to prevent Kaitou Kid from tunneling into it from below. This line is cut in the anime.
- In the manga, disguised as director Konno, Kid briefly comments on the amount of grime in the earrings' case, possibly as a hint for readers who want to solve the case themselves. The anime omits this.
- The anime adds a scene where Kid checks the Dark Knight against the moonlight.
- In the manga, Kid's and Nightmare's final meeting is uninterrupted until Kenta yells out his father's name. The anime intercuts it with scenes of Aoko, Kenta, and the police arriving.
- In the manga, Nightmare merely slips off the catwalk upon hearing Kenta's voice. In the anime, a piece of the catwalk breaks under his foot.
- In the manga, Nightmare chokes out Kenta's name and dies shortly after his fall. In the anime, he stays alive long enough to see Kenta rush to his side.
|Episodes of Magic Kaito 1412 Season 1|
|Episode 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24|