A Great Detective Steps Into the Light (名探偵は白日の下に Meitantei wa Hakujitsu no Moto ni) is the 4th episode of Magic Kaito 1412 anime.
|Painting by Pablo Picasso.
|Large statue that has a jeweled bracelet on its wrist.
Manga to anime changes
- The case that Hakuba solves at the beginning of the story is explored in more detail in the anime, including an exact dissection of the culprit's alibi trick.
- Hakuba's catchphrase is changed from "Why did you do that?" to "Everything has come to light".
- In the manga, Kaitou Kid pursued the Adam's Smile solely to attract the attention of his father's killers, as the story originally took place before he learned of Pandora. In the anime, he already knows of Pandora, and pursues the Adam's Smile because it contains a jewel. Similarly, the jeweled bracelet on the bronze statue is unique to the anime.
- In the manga, Hakuba's scuffle with Kid over the gas mask is not depicted in much detail. In the anime, Hakuba calculates that he is physically closer to the gas mask, but is foiled when Kid throws his top hat over the mask, allowing him to grab it first.
- The anime establishes that Kaito and Hakuba are in neighboring hospital beds by the end of this story, which may or may not be the case in the manga.
- In the manga, this story takes place over February 23-24, 1990. The anime updates this to the more contemporary February 3-4, 2015.
In other languages
|Thám tử lừng danh xuất hiện